受战争部礼遇,R.K.O广播图片公♥司♥
Trough the courtesy of the War Department, R K O Radio Pictures
自豪的向美国陆军航♥空♥兵尤金.尤班克准将
proudly presents Brigadier-General Eugene L. Eubank, United States
介绍菲律宾和爪哇战役期间的
Army Air Forces, American Bomber Commander in charge of the famous
第19轰炸中队美国轰炸机指挥官
19th Bombardment Squadron duringa the Philippine and Java Campaigns.
我想让你了解一种新型的美国士兵
I want you to know about a new kind of American soldier,
今天我们所有战士中最重要的一种战士
the most important of all our fighting men today.
他是最重要的,因为在他身上
He is most important because upon him,
最终取决于他参与的任何任务的成功与否
finally depends the success of any mission in which he participates.
世界上最伟大的轰炸飞机及其战斗空勤人员
The greatest bombing plane in the world, with its combat crew,
带他投入战斗,腾云驾雾
takes him into battle, through weather,
穿过敌人的反击,只是为了让他有30秒的时间越过目标
through enemy opposition, just so he may have 30 seconds over the target.
在这短短半分种内,他必须证明一名执行任务的士兵
In those 30 seconds, he must vindicate the greatest responsibility
所肩负的最大责任是正确的
ever placed upon an individual soldier in line of duty.
我想让你了解他,以及那些有信仰的人
I want you to know about him, and about those who had the faith
以及使他产生的远见和远见
and vision and foresight to bring him into being,
在我们战争开始前的几个月里,为了让他胜任他的任务
to fit him for his task, long months before our war began.
他是谁?这个独自骑行的士兵,他必须独自思考,
"Who is he? This soldier who rides alone, who must think alone,
在一场可以由……赢得或输掉的战争中,谁必须独自行动
"and who must act alone in a war which can be won or lost by the..."
这就是德国俯冲轰炸机的战法
That's the way the German dive bombers do it.
我想你们都承认他们很擅长,如果局势发展导致我们卷入这场大战
I think you'll all admit they're good at it,
and if events should lead us into this war
我认为没有人会否认我们需要变得更好的事实
I don't think anyone who will deny the fact that we have got to be better.
如果局势迫使我们卷入这场战争,那么只有一件事可做
If events should force us into this war, there's only one thing to do -
那就是不惜一切培养老成千上万的飞行员
train pilots by the thousands - hundreds of thousands.
Sacrifice everything else.
先生们,你们刚刚看到了正在讨论的问题的一个方面。有什么意见吗?
Well, gentlemen, you've just seen one side of the subject
under discussion. Any comments?
我会和任何没有意识到有一天轰炸机将会
I'll argue with anyone who doesn't realise that someday
被公认为我们军队的先锋的人争论
Bombardiers will be recognised as the spearhead of our force.
机组人员,地勤人员,他们依靠的补给线
Plane crews, ground crews, the supply lines behind them,
国内的众多工厂,都在为一件事
the factories here at home, all working on one thing -
就是给投弹手提供30秒的时间来击中目标
to provide a Bombardier with 30 seconds to hit a target.
我不搞一言堂
I don't want to seem opinionated,
但在皇家空军担任观察员一年后,我的无保留意见是
but after one year as observer with the Royal Air Force,
my unqualified opinion is
投弹手应该由自己的飞行员和中队进行训练
that Bombardiers should be trained by their own pilots and squadron.
这就是英国人和德国人使用的系统,我已经看到了它的作用
That's the system the English and Germans use and I've seen it work.
是的,我知道,你看了很多,但也许有什么
Yeah, I know -you've seen a lot, but perhaps there's something
是你从未见过的工作。 -那可能是什么呢,戴维斯少校?
that you have never seen work.
- And what might that be, Major Davis?
我们的重磅炸♥弹♥,被亲切地称为金鹅
Our bombsight, affectionately known as the Golden Goose.
金鹅,嗯?我希望我最后不要唱儿歌♥
The Golden Goose, huh? I hope I don't end up talking nursery rhymes.
把它放在桌子上,军士
Put it on the table, men.
好的,我们来看看。
All right, we'll have a look at it.
奥利弗上尉
Captain Oliver...
见见这只金鹅
meet the Golden Goose.
我把钱投在哪里看大鹅下金蛋?
Where do I put my penny to see the goose lay an egg?
就是它,如果炸♥弹♥不能从24000英尺投进桶里
Right in there, and you get it back if it doesn't lay the bomb
或者在18000英尺扔在“i”的头上,那你就把它收回鸭圈吧
right on the top of a barrel at 24,000ft or dot an "i" at 18,000ft.
你看到的景象是重磅炸♥弹♥将扫平欧洲的任何目标
You're looking at a bombsight to put anything in Europe out of date.
我仍然反对这个想法。有效的方法是让飞行员驾驶飞机
I'm still against the idea. The way to hit is to
have pilots who'll bring a ship
尽量飞近目标,炸♥弹♥就不会错失。我说训练他们。忘掉其他一切
so close to the target that a bomb can't miss, and I say train them. Forget about everything else.
奥利弗上尉,你会看到,总有一天飞行员只不过是一名出租车司机
Captain Oliver, you'll see the day when a pilot will be nothing more than a taxi driver
而由投弹手操纵轰炸机冲向目标。 --不是从我坐的地方,少校。
to drive a Bombardier to his target.
- Not from where I'm sitting, Major.
各位
Gentlemen,
你们是我的见证人
you're my witnesses.
我正在挑战奥利弗上尉进行一场轰炸决斗
I'm challenging Captain Oliver to a bombing duel.
俯冲轰炸与高空精确轰炸
Dive-bombing versus high-altitude precision bombing.
这是新生事物
This is something new.
军♥事♥委♥员♥会♥应该全数到场见证
The Military Affairs Committee should have front-row seats.
你怎么说,巴克,接受吗?
What do you say, Buck - is it a deal?
接受,奇克
It's a deal, Chick.
奥利弗上尉呼叫地面
Captain Oliver to Operations.
292观察哨,准备观察我的攻击
292 observation post, ready for my attack release.
这是你最后的机会,上尉。 -是的,长官。我刚刚在热身。完毕。
This is your last chance, Captain. Yes, sir
- I've just been warming up. This is it.
一个小小的防空炮不能对婴儿做什么
What a little anti-aircraft couldn't do to that baby.
好的,少校,该你上了
All right, Major - you're up.
好的,各位,我将在那儿,20000英尺
All right, gentlemen. I'll be right up there, 20,000ft.
你不可以看到我,你们只要盯着目标就行
You won't be able to see me - just keep your eye on the target.
他在哪?
Where is he?
我什么也看不到
I can't see anything.
我们的印象是这是一次轰炸演示,而不是一次飞行高度测试
We were under the impression this was a bombing demonstration - not an altitude test.
这是一次20000英尺高空的精确轰炸任务
This is a precision bombing mission at 20,000ft.
我们很幸运,戴维斯少校在上面,而不是在下面,听你谈这些
And we're lucky that Major Davis is up there instead of down here, talking your arm off about it.
导航员,你觉得精确轰炸怎么样?
Navigator, what do you think of precision bombing?
我不知道,长官
I don't know, sir.
不知道吗?
Don't know, huh?
投弹手呼叫飞行员,投弹手呼叫飞行员,
Bombardier to pilot, Bombardier to pilot.
高度20130英尺
Altitude 20,130ft.
我们航向转90度
Let's fly a 90-degree heading.
准备打开炸♥弹♥舱门
Ready to open bomb bay doors.
好的,长官
All right, sir.
航向正确,水平稳定,飞机交给你了
On course and level, your ship.
投弹了
Bombs away.
你不知道吗?
You don't know, huh?
好吧,他命中了。太了不起了。
Well, he showed me. That's remarkable.
令人印象深刻,将军。 -谢谢。
Impressive, General. -Thank you.
狗屎运
Lucky stiff.
回读一下
Read that back.
伯顿.休斯,休斯机场,艾尔曼瑟,新墨西哥州
Burton Hughes, Hughes Field, Almansor, New Mexico.
亲爱的伯特,当新的培训中心的财产担♥保♥获得批准时
Dear Burt, when the securing of property for the new training centre first received approval,
我会立刻把你的名字扔进帽子里 -没问题
I immediately tossed your name in the hat. -That's right.
我真正要做的就是。。。提醒他们休斯机场属于休斯将军,你♥爸♥爸
All I had to do really was... to remind them that Hughes Field belonged to General Hughes, your dad,
有史以来最伟大的登进驾驶舱的人
the greatest man ever to climb into a cockpit.
所以你可以责怪我把你备受尊敬的民用飞行学校变成了
So you can blame me for turning your highly respectable civilian flying school
轰炸机投弹手的训练基地
into a Bombardiers' training post.
这一切都始于我的一位老朋友奇克.戴维斯少校所做的疯狂实验
It all started as a crazy experiment perpetrated by
an old friend of mine, Major Chick Davis.
就我个人而言,恐怕他会一落千丈
Personally, I'm afraid he's due for a nosedive.
有谁听说过要建一个保险库来存放投弹瞄准镜吗?
Whoever heard of building a vault to keep at trick glass eye in?
总有一天,他们可能会把它用作陵墓,
埋葬可怜的老奇克和他的梦想
They'll probably use it for a mausoleum one of these days,
to bury poor old Chick and his dream.
我想奇克的助手们已经开始招收第一批学员了
I suppose Chick's assistants have already got the
first classes of cadets under way
现在几乎每天戴维斯少校都会来主持训练
and almost any day now Major Davis will be arriving to take charge.
你觉得这里怎么样,中士?
How do you like it here, Sergeant?
不错,长官
Very well, sir.
我们将改变这一点——从现在起,它就是轰炸机投弹手学校。
We'll change that - from now on it's the Bombardier School.
你好,少校。 -你好,上尉
Hello, Major. -Hello, Chaplain.
好久不见 -是啊,有些日子了
Long time no see. - Yes, it's been too long.
怎么样,中尉?稍息 -我觉得不错,长官
How's it going, Lieutenant? At ease. Pretty good I think, sir.
第一堂课从今天起三周后毕业。 -士气似乎不错。
The first class graduates three weeks from today.
-Morale seems good.
很好,很好,但为什么都是女士?
Good, good, good, but why all the women?
我们发妈们处理文案工作效率更高。
We find them more efficient in this type of work.
也许吧,但很难适应。我从来没有和女人一起当兵
Maybe, but it'll be tough getting used to it. I never soldiered with women.
我在哪里办公?还是我在这里工作是为了鼓舞士气? -就在这里,少校。
Where do I park? Or do I work here for morale?
- Right in here, Major.
就这样吧,各位,我们跑道见
That's it, gentlemen, I'll see you on the line.
你在开玩笑吧? -别怪我,先生。
You're kidding, aren't you? -Don't blame me, sir.
哦,天哪。 -你觉得少校要喝茶吗?
Oh, my. -Do you think the Major would like some tea?
你想咬一口我的烟草吗? -别傻了。这同样不合乎逻辑
Do you think you'd like a chew of my tobacco?
Don't be silly. It's just as unlogical.
你好!
Well, hello.
谁雇你的?你叫什么名字? -我的名字叫伯顿休斯。
Who hired you? What's your name? -My name is Burton Hughes.
她的祖父是伯顿休斯将军 -所以你就是这个地方的主人喽?
After her grandfather, General Burton Hughes.
-So you're the fella that owns the place?
是的,但我已经把机场交给我哥哥汤姆了
I did, but I've turned it over to my brother Tom.
他们的父亲在那边的照片里。
That their father in that picture over there.
汤姆.休斯将军,站在我旁边的
General Tom Hughes, standing right by me.
好吧,中士,在这里留几张桌子
All right, Sergeant, leave a couple of desks in here,
但找一些硬椅子,毕竟这是军队,而不是女生联谊会的房♥子
but get some hard chairs, after all this is
the Army - not a sorority house.
把爷爷的照片取下来。他说莱特兄弟不会驾驶飞机。 -是,长官
the Wright Brothers couldn't fly them. - Yes,sir.
And take Grandfather's picture down. He said