Something no one has built before.
东西——
Something that-
这有能力改变世界。
That has the ability to change the world.
你不必告诉我,贾比尔。
You don't have to tell me,abir.
我知道这一点。
I know this.
当它是理论时,这要容易得多,
It was so much easier when it was theory,
当只有你和我吐槽想法时。
when it wasust you and me spitballing ideas.
嗯嗯。
Mm-hmm.
也许是因为我们在果仁蜜饼上做到了。
Maybe it's because we did it over baklava.
或。-哼?
Maybe. - Huh?
一切都比果仁蜜饼更容易,我的朋友。
Everything is easier over baklava my friend.
贾比尔,这也许有一定的道理。
There might be some truth to that,abir.
我们将弄清楚这一点。
We're gonna figure this out.
这需要一些时间,
It's gonna take some time,
但我们会弄清楚的。
but we're gonna figure it out.
这是我们的错。
It's our fault.
这似乎过于简单化了。
That seems overly simplistic.
一个女人破产了,因为我们使用了这台机器。
A woman went bankrupt because we used the machine.
或者她可能已经破产了,
Or she may have been going bankrupt anyway,
我们所做的只是提高速度
and all we did was increase the speed of the-
我不知道这个理论,贾比尔。
I don't know about that theory,abir.
现在听着,无论发生什麽,如果我们被关押。
Now listen, whatever happened, if we were held.
如果我们对副产品负责
If we were held responsible for the byproduct
在我们做出的每一个选择中,我们都会入狱。
of every choice we made, we'd all be inail.
你只是不在乎。
Youust don't care.
我确实在乎,苏菲。
I do care, Sophie.
我告诉过你没有撤消按钮。
I told you there's no undo button.
好吧,我想做点什麽。
Well, I wanna do something.
嘿,你救了我的命。
Hey, you saved my life.
你救了我们的家人。不要忘记这一点。
You saved our family. Don't forget that.
不,我——我没有,我不会用你换任何东西,
No, I- I don't, and I wouldn't trade you for anything,
密西根学院
我们伤害了一个无辜的女人,我不能放手。
We hurt an innocent woman and I can't let it go.
好了,伙计们,我们开始吧。
All right, guys, here we go.
谢谢。
Thanks.
我一会儿就回来看看你,好吗?
And I will be back to check on you inust a bit, okay?
嘿,你去吧。
Hey, here you go.
准备?
Ready?
卡拉?
Kara?
这就是,呃,它说的。
That's, uh, what it says.
是苏菲。
It's Sophie.
我是达比的老朋友。
I'm an old friend of Darby's.
我的是棒球疯子。-毫米。
Mine's a baseball nut. - Mm.
她痴迷于,嗯。
She's obsessed with, um.
啊,上帝,他叫什麽名字?
Ah, God, what's his name?
那个长着下巴的傢伙。
The guy with the chin.
克肖?- 克肖。
Kershaw? - Kershaw.
是的。你知道棒球。
Yeah. You know baseball.
这就是为什麽你和达比是朋友。
That's why you and Darby were friends.
是的。
Yeah.
他曾经带走阿吉
He used to take Aggie
每月至少两场比赛。
to at least two games a month.
哇,他真是太可爱了。
Wow, that's really sweet of him.
她甚至不是他的。我的前任。
She wasn't even his. My ex's.
没关係。
Didn't matter.
达比就是这样的人。
Darby wasust that kinda guy.
你怎麽过一切?
How are you doing with everything?
这对你和阿吉来说一定很艰难。
It must be so hard on you and Aggie.
你最后一次见到他是什麽时候?
When was the last time you saw him?
呃,我记不清了。
Uh, I can't remember exactly.
我们喝得酩酊大醉。
We were pretty drunk.
我卡拉 - 是的。
I CARLA - Yeah.
嗯,达比几乎从不喝酒。
Mm, Darby barely ever drank.
但当他这样做时。
But when he did.
或。高中,你知道,人是会变的。
Maybe. High school, you know, people change.
他不是圣人,或者别的什麽。所以。
He wasn't a saint, or anything. So.
所以她跳起来用胸膛把球困住,对吧?
So she leaps up and traps the ball with her chest, right?
是的。是的。
Yeah. Yes, yes.
就像它落在她的脚下一样。
Like it drops right at her feet.
右。
Right.
她绕过第一个罪犯,嗖嗖嗖!
She cuts around the first offender, and whoosh!
好吧,不要噼开杆子。- 麵包和黄油。
All right, don't split the pole. - Bread and butter.
常春藤
守门员冲出。-好。
The goalie charges out. - Okay.
她用左脚轻敲它。
She taps it with her left foot.
目标!-目标!加油!
Goal! - Goal! Come on!
我喜欢。我喜欢它,我爱它。
I love it. I love it, I love it.
哦,看看吧。
Oh, check it out.
是的。
Yes.
是的!
Yes!
嘿,卡拉,是前几天晚上的苏菲。
Hey, Kara, it's Sophie from the other night.
但是经典物理学和常识
But classical physics and common sense
决定了能量的。
dictated that the energy of the.
拉: - 嘿。
Ra: - Hey.
我说我们吃饭的时候用你的手机是什麽?
What did I say about using your phone while we're eating?
我们在看电视。- 我们正在看电视。
We're watching TV. - We are watching TV.
这是一个家庭活动,孩子。
This is a family activity, kiddo.
呃,我可以吗?
Uh, can I?
厨房♥裡有鸡肉。
There's chicken in the kitchen.
先在外面和你说话?-是的。
Talk to you outside first? - Yeah.
週三晚上,我邀请卡拉·布林克利共进晚餐。
I invited Kara Brinkley for dinner on Wednesday night.
为什麽会,你为什麽要这样做?
Why would, why'd you do that?
因为我知道失去丈夫是什麽感觉。
Because I know what it's like to lose your husband.
这就像那些数学问题之一
It's like one of those math problems
你只是无法停止尝试解决。
that youust can't stop trying to solve.
我们如何利用我们创造的东西,但没有道德成本?
How do we use what we created but without the moral cost?
[贾比尔] 嗯。
Mm-hmm.
所以这个和我一起读研究生的女人,
So this woman that I went to grad school with,
她是科学院的编辑,但是——
she's an editor at Science Academy, but-
不是认真考虑给她打电话吗?
It's not seriously thinking of calling her?
我只是想在那裡提出一些理论,对吧?
I'must going to float some theories out there, right?
这是他们会感兴趣的。
that's something that they would be interested in.
但我们是在假设,不是吗?
But we are speaking hypothetically, aren't we?
完全。-是的。
Totally. - Yeah.
是的。
Yeah.
不,兄弟,我打电话给,伙计。
Nah bro, I called, dude.
玛律,什麽?-好。
Mal, what? - Okay.
好吧,我需要你听我说。
Okay, I need youust to listen to me.
玛律!- 我不会说话
Mal! - I'm not going to talk
关于机器。- 不,听着,什麽?
about the machine. - No, listen, what?
好?我要。。。
Okay? I'm going to...
你到底在想什麽。- 谈论科学。
What the hell were you thinking. - talk about the science.
不,听我说。
No, listen to me.
科学,伙计。- 当这个女人打电话时-
The science, dude. - When this woman calls-
科学!- 你不能。
The science! - You cannot.
我们发送- - 哦,我的上帝。
We sent- - Oh my God.
穿越时间的抽象粒子。
An abstract particle through time.
我们在没有欧洲核子研究中心的情况下做到了。
And we did it without CERN.
我们在没有政♥府♥拨款的情况下做到了。
We did it without a government grant.
我们做了以前没有人做过的事情
We did something that no one has ever done before
我们在你备用的卧室里做了,贾比尔。
and we did it in your spare bedroom,abir.
这就像一个奇迹。
That's, that's like a miracle.
好?而且是巨大的。
Okay? And it's huge.
这具有超越ki的科学价值...
And that has scientific value beyond ki...
这是一个可以重新定义的突破
This is a breakthrough that can literally redefine
我们对量子物理学的理解。
our very understanding of quantum physics.
好吧,如果你想改变世界,
Okay, if you wanna change the world,
就像我知道你想改变世界一样。
like I know you wanna change the world.
我想改变世界。
I wanna change the world.
我们作为科学家这样做。
We do it as scientists.
那我们什麽时候吃饭呢?
So when do we eat?
阿吉。呃,礼貌,请。
电影精选列表