剧集 | 韦科:余波(2023) | 导航列表
我没有看到我的签名。
I don't see my signature on that.
史密斯法官。
Judge Smith.
我是丹·科格德尔。我代表克莱夫·道尔。
I'm Dan Cogdell. I represent Clive Doyle.
你不是在这裡用那个东西为任何人辩护。
You're not defending anybody with that thing in here.
我希望它在我们开始时消失。
I want it gone by the time we begin.
呃,但是,法官大人,我所有的笔记都在裡面。
Uh, but, Your Honor, I have all my notes in it.
那我建议你想办法
Then I suggest you find a way
把你的笔记拿出来。
to get your notes out of it.
该死。
Oh, shit.
戏剧性音乐播放
dramatic music plays
婴儿杀手!
Baby killers!
他们怎麽这麽恨我们?
How come they hate us so much?
他们甚至不认识我们。
They don't even know us.
我们会没事的...
We'll be okay...
不知何故。
somehow.
你想提出一个动议吗?
You wanted to present a motion?
我做到了,法官大人。
I did, Your Honor.
我会要求预定义煽动性词。
I would ask to predefine inflammatory words.
煽动性的话?
Inflammatory words?
是的,法官大人,我们会搬家
Yes, Your Honor, we would move
使某些词语不可接受。
to make certain words inadmissible.
科格德尔先生,你会建议我们禁止哪些词?
Which words would you recommend we ban, Mr. Cogdell?
好吧,例如,
Well, for example,
我们动议排除“化合物”一词
we would motion to exclude the word "compound"
当提到卡梅尔山的家时,
when referring to the home at Mount Carmel,
因为「化合物」一词具有军国主义的含义。
as the word "compound" has militaristic connotations.
在这一点上,已经使用了“化合物”一词
At this point the word "compound" has been used
一百万次提到卡梅尔山。
a million times to refer to Mount Carmel.
但对被告来说,这不是一个化合物,
But to the defendants this was not a compound,
这是他们的家
this was their home
他们生活和抚养孩子的地方,
where they lived and raised children,
在那裡,他们有上帝赋予的权利来实践他们的——
where they had a God-given right to practice their--
把它留到审判中去,科格德尔先生。
Save it for the trial, Mr. Cogdell.
否认。下一个。
Denied. Next.
我们想排除该术语
We would like to exclude the term
“分支大卫教”。
"Branch Davidians".
他们从不用这个名字称呼自己。
They never call themselves by that name.
异议。
Objection.
如果我们不能称他们为大卫教分支,
If we can't call them Branch Davidians,
那麽我们应该怎麽称呼它们呢?
then what are we supposed to call them?
出去吃午饭?-嗯,我想
Out to lunch? - Well, I think
我们都同意这个绰号♥
we can all agree that moniker
已经被媒体彻底玷污了。
has been thoroughly tarnished by the media.
“大卫教分支”一词
The term "Branch Davidian"
被自己的行为玷污了。
was tarnished by their own actions.
但是,法官大人,他们没有受审
But, Your Honor, they are not on trial
因为他们的宗教信仰。
for their religious beliefs.
辩方使用了「大卫教分支」一词
The defense used the term "Branch Davidians"
在他们自己的档中。
in their own filings.
我在这裡提出了一项动议
I have a motion here filed
由防守的火箭罗森。
by Rocket Rosen of the defense.
谁是火箭罗森?
Who's Rocket Rosen?
我是,法官大人。
I am, Your Honor.
你叫火箭?
Your name is Rocket?
是的,法官大人。
Yes, Your Honor.
我出生于7月4日,
I was born on the 4th of July,
所以我爸爸给我起名叫火箭。
so my daddy named me Rocket.
嗯,我是10月26日出生的,所以我爸爸给我起名叫沃尔特。
Well, I was born on October 26, so my daddy named me Walter.
你提出这个动议了吗?-我做了。
Did you file this motion? -I did.
但这是一个错误。-动议被驳回。
But that was a mistake. - Motion denied.
下一个。
Next.
“邪教”一词。
The word "cult".
难道他们还没有意识到这是一个邪教吗?
Do they not yet realize that this was a cult?
这不是邪教。
This was no cult.
这是一个公共教堂
It was a communal church
大卫·考雷什是他们的牧师。
and David Koresh was their pastor.
有一次牧师娶了20个妻子
Once that pastor takes 20 wives
并带领他的教会集♥体♥自♥杀♥,
and leads his church to mass suicide,
我想说“邪教”这个词是适用的。
I would say the word "cult" is applicable.
但被告没有因大规模自杀而受审。
But the defendants are not on trial for mass suicide.
没有人认为他们中的任何一个人有任何关係
Nobody thinks that any one of them had anything to do
有火灾或有多个妻子
with any fire or had multiple wives
或带走童养媳或其中任何一个。
or took child brides or any of it.
使用“邪教”一词是一种尝试
Using the word "cult" is an attempt
为另一个人的罪孽审判我们的客户。
to try our clients for another man's sins.
动议被拒绝。
Motion denied.
我的客户克莱夫·道尔
My client Clive Doyle
在那裡呆了15年
was there 15 years
在大卫·考雷什到来之前。
before David Koresh's arrival.
玫瑰和荆棘,凯伦?
Rose and thorn, Karen?
我的刺是我没有睡觉
My thorn is I didn't sleep
很好,因为莎莉一直在偷所有的封面。
very well 'cause Shari kept stealing all the covers.
玫瑰,我在早餐时得到了额外的燕麦片。
And rose, I got extra oatmeal at breakfast.
好吧,你呢,莎莉?
Well, how about you, Shari?
罗斯,玩。
Rose, playing.
索恩,凯伦。
Thorn, Karen.
爸爸,你呢?
How about you, Dad?
荆棘是我的背部又伤害了我。
Thorn is my back's been hurting me again.
我的玫瑰是我现在就可以度过这一刻
My rose is that I get to spend this moment right now
和全世界我最喜欢的两个人,你们两个。
with my two favorite people in the entire world, you two.
我从来没有动摇过,乔治,
I have never wavered on this, George,
你不戴安息日礼拜的侧臂。
you don't wear a sidearm for Sabbath service.
妈妈,你为什麽觉得你这麽特别?
Why do you think you're so special, mama?
你能制定所有规则吗?
That you get to make all the rules?
因为我是你的先知。
Because I am your prophet.
别管他。
Don't mind him.
我的名字是弗农豪威尔。
My name is Vernon Howell.
我正在寻找先知露易丝·罗登。
I'm looking for the Prophet Lois Roden.
如。
Come in.
服务正在启动。
Service is starting.
那是你得不到的。
That's what you don't get.
这是关于成为爱国者
It's about being a patriot
“因为这个国家迷失了方向。
'cause this country has lost its way.
它反对人♥民♥
It's turned against the people
谁首先让它变得伟大。
who made it great in the first place.
那麽我们应该怎麽做呢?
So what are we supposed to do?
只是等待事情改变
Just wait for things to change
还是我们反击?
or do we fight back?
在你眼裡,抢劫银行
And in your eyes, robbing banks
是一种反击方式?
is a way of fighting back?
不,抢劫银行从来都不是重点。
No, robbing banks was never the point.
那是什麽?
Then what is?
是的。你会知道的。
Yeah. You'll see.
是的,回报即将到来。
Yeah, payback's coming.
它来得比你想像的要早。
It's coming sooner than you think.
看,我们已经谈了20个小时了。
Look, we've been talking now for 20 hours.
在我看来,你和我
And it seems to me that you and I
不会同意太多。
aren't gonna agree on much.
所以也许我们可以集中精力
So maybe we could focus
关于我们达成一致的内容。
on what we do agree on.
是的,像什麽?
Yeah, like what?
就像你和你的朋友抢劫一样
Like you and your friends have robbed
21家银行成功,
21 banks successfully,
没有人受伤,完美执行。
nobody hurt, perfectly executed.
不,我不承认其他银行。
No, I'm not admitting the other banks.
我不是要你这样做。
I'm not asking you to do that.
但你现在看到的世界,你是一个传奇。
But you see to the world right now, you're a legend.
你是罗宾汉,22家银行,你还没有
You're Robin Hood, 22 banks and you haven't
伤害了一个人。
hurt a single person.
现在你肯定会做几年的时间。
Now you'll do a few years' time for sure.
剧集 | 韦科:余波(2023) | 导航列表