剧集 | 名利场(2018) | 导航列表
'My dearest George,
我爸爸让我把这些礼物退给你
'my Papa has ordered me to return to you these presents,
这是我最后一次给你写信了
'and I am to write to you for the last time.
我们的婚约
'I release you from an engagement
由于我们悲惨的处境不得不解除
'that is impossible in our present misery.
再见了我的爱
'Goodbye my love.
愿上帝永远保佑你
'I pray to God to bless you always.
艾米利亚"
'Amelia.'
让开
Make way!
这些年来 我从没设想过
All these years it never occurred to me
不和艾米利亚结婚
I might not marry Amelia.
什么事
Yes?
先生 行军令
Sir, marching orders.
结婚一开始就不是我的决定
It was never a decision I made,
但我也没想到婚约竟然会解除
nor a decision I ever thought would be unmade.
事关不止你一人 乔治
It's not all about you, George.
你是了解她的 她会
You know her, she'll be...
她会没事的吧
..Fine, won't she?
上尉
Captain!
这可是好消息
But this is wonderful news!
我上战场是好消息
What, that I'm marching away to war?
对我们的计划来说是好事
This is wonderful news for our campaign,
我们的对手不是拿破仑
which is not against Napoleon,
而是你的玛蒂尔达姑妈
but against your Aunt Matilda. So...
我最亲爱的姑妈
My dearest Aunt,
我娶了一个画匠的女儿 并不觉得这是耻辱
I married a painter's daughter and I'm not ashamed of the union.
-若有半句假话我定自取灭亡 -傻瓜
- Run me through the body if I am! - Dear old booby.
在我启程
Before quitting these shores
走上浴血拼杀的战场之前
and commencing a battle which may prove fatal...
太夸张了 小贝
Steady on, Becks!
出发前 我恳求您
.. I beseech you, before I depart...
若我永不能归来
..Perhaps never to return.
-我是不是说的太快了 -不 只是
- Am I too fast for you? - No, it's just...
听起来不太像我的语气
.. well, it doesn't really sound much like me.
你想以你自己的语气写
You want your letter to sound like you?
亲爱的姑妈 这里很暖和 谢谢你的蛋糕
Dear Aunt, jolly warm here, thanks for the cake
也许我的脑子不太灵光 贝姬
Perhaps I am a fool Becky...
但你也不该说出来吧
..You shouldn't say so.
亲爱的 恳求这个词里面有两个E
Oh, you darling, 'beseech' is spelt with two E's.
在战争开始之前 我对您别无所求
I ask nothing from you as the battle begins,
不过你我之间的积怨得以弭除
but that we part not in anger.
请您相信 我爱您
Believe that I love you for...
"是爱您的人 而不是为钱
"..Yourself and not for money's sake.
"在我走之前 请让我见您一面"
"Let me, let me see you before I go."
这可不是罗顿
That's not Rawdon!
他这辈子给我写的信净是在要钱
He never wrote me a letter in his life without asking for money.
可怜的考利上尉可是要上战场了呀
But poor Captain Crawley goes to war!
都不知道能不能活着回来
And may perish.
多么浪漫呀
I still think it's romantic.
-这对苦命鸳鸯 -布里格斯
- Star-crossed lovers, and so on. - Briggs!
考利小姐 请体恤这对可爱的人吧
Oh, Miss Crawley, do forgive the dear creatures.
布里格斯
Briggs!
阳光对病人有害
Sunlight is bad for invalids.
让我们祈求主的指引吧
Let us return to the Lord for guidance.
"仅仅演示是不够的
"It is not enough to come forth with a demonstration,
出自英国牧师托马斯·查默斯
不论以多么悲悯的形式
"however pathetic,
因为它所带来的快乐是转瞬即逝的"
"of the evanescent character of all this..."
罗顿从来不是个伶俐的孩子
Never a clever sort of boy, Rawdon,
但他非常非常善良
but a very, very, affectionate one.
善良到娶了一个歌♥剧女郎的女儿
Affectionate enough to marry the offspring of an opera girl,
这个词的含义 凡有教养的淑女都难以启口
which term, though we ladies may blush to admit we know,
它指的是
really means...
不 别说了
No! Stop.
别这么残忍♥
Don't be cruel.
妓♥女♥
..Harlot.
她就是不知道什么时候闭嘴 是吧布里格斯
Never knows when to stop, does she, Briggs?
我来说话 你只用站着
I'll do all the talking, you just stand there,
有多愁善感 心思重重又英俊潇洒的样子就行
and look romantic, and suffering and tall.
好
Right.
她来了
She's here.
阿♥拉♥贝拉
Oh, Arabella!
请原谅我 我本并不想让你
Please forgive me, it was not my idea to drag you
掺和到我们这个伤心故事里来
into our tale of heartbreak and woe.
我不能久待
I can't stay long,
玛莎被逐出了女王的考利庄园
Martha is banished to Queen's Crawley,
我又得宠了 我想保持这样
and I am back in favour, and wish to stay that way.
我是听了我家罗顿吩咐 才给您写信的
I wrote to you, for I only do as my Rawdon bids.
我的心永远属于他
My heart is his forever,
但他就要上战场了
yet soon he marches to war.
阿♥拉♥贝拉 你能想象我的痛苦吗
Arabella, imagine!
我能 我当然能
Oh, I do! I do!
我想我那骄傲的朋友已后悔自己与你决裂
I believe my proud friend begins to regret her breach with you,
考利上尉
Captain Crawley.
我们来想个办法吧
Oh, let us make the plan.
太好了
Yes, let's!
我是说 倘若在家也能每年赚一万英镑
My point is a man who can get 10,000 a year by staying at home
傻子才会在国外拿命冒险
is a fool to risk his life abroad.
我是个士兵 父亲
I am a soldier, father.
荣誉要求我必须响应国家的号♥召
Honour demands I must obey my country's call.
荣誉要求你
Honour demands you should
不要和坑蒙拐骗的破产者的女儿结婚
not marry that swindling, bankrupt's daughter.
塞德利先生不是骗子
Mr Sedley is not a swindler.
不管怎样 塞德利小姐取消了我们的婚约
In any case, Miss Sedley has broken off our engagement.
那今晚我的梦想都能成真了 来吧
Oh, then shall all my dreams come true this night. Come.
希望你坐得舒服
Yes, I hope you're comfortable where you're staying...
二十万英镑
£200,000.
钻石有鸽子蛋那么大
Diamonds, as big as pigeons' eggs.
娶她 儿子
Marry her, boy.
罗达小姐 幸会
Miss Rhoda, pleasure.
奥斯本先生
Mr Osborne.
那么...
So...
我的寒舍没有流光溢彩的装饰
You won't find in our humble mansion that splendour of fare,
比不上你家的富丽堂皇 亲爱的斯沃茨小姐
to which you are accustomed, my dear Miss Swartz,
因为我是个朴实无华的英国商人
for I am a plain, humble, British merchant.
我们都生活在现代英国 是吗 斯沃茨小姐
We are all creatures of modern Britain, are we not, Miss Swartz?
我们凭实力生存
We take the places we deserve,
而非凭借出身
not those to which we were born.
我出生在巴巴多斯岛
I was born in Barbados.
你想念那里吗
And do you miss it?
那里有更多的阳光
The sun shines more often over there,
但这里的教育更优越
but the education is superior here.
我希望能离开平克顿小姐的女子学校时
I hope to leave Miss Pinkerton's,
成为一位英国淑女
very much an English lady.
奇西克的平克顿小姐的女子学校
Miss Pinkerton's in Chiswick?
正是 你认识吗
Mmm, the very same, do you know it?
你是否认识一位艾米利亚·塞德利小姐
I wonder if you were ever friendly with Miss Amelia Sedley?
认识
I was!
非常可爱的女孩 既善良又慷慨
The dearest girl, so kind and generous.
我们曾那样的亲密
Such friends we were...
这周的天气非常不错
What lovely weather we've had this week.
都快赶上西印度了
Almost West Indian.
考虑仔细了 儿子
Choose your course, boy.
斯沃茨小姐 我爱艾米利亚
Miss Swartz, I love Amelia,
我们自幼便有婚约
and we've been engaged almost all our lives.
你竟敢如此放肆 儿子
How dare you, sir?
这可不是一个适合在战争前夜
Dare is not a word to be used on the eve of war
对一位绅士和英国♥军♥队军官说的话
to a gentleman and an officer of the British Army.
你是我儿子 我想说什么就说什么
I shall say what I like to my own son!
只要我愿意 你一个子也继承不了
I can cut him off without a shilling if I like.
我很清楚你平时给我很多钱 父亲
I know very well that you give me plenty of money, sir,
剧集 | 名利场(2018) | 导航列表