剧集 | 名利场(2018) | 导航列表
改编自威廉·梅克比斯·萨克雷的小说
故事到现在
The story so far,
夏普小姐在新家跟所有人都成了朋友
'Miss Sharp made a friend of everyone in her new family,
前情提要
好吧 是几乎所有人
'well almost everyone.'
记住 我可盯着你呢
Be sure I have my eye always on you.
在一个亲密好友的帮助下
'With the help of a dear friend,
塞德利小姐赢回了她的甜心
'Miss Sedley won back her sweetheart.'
乔治
George!
暂且赢回
'For now.'
我不太看好塞德利的生意
I don't like the look of Sedley's affairs.
对不起
I'm sorry!
回到漆黑的汉普郡
'Back in darkest Hampshire,
男人们不论老少皆想成为夏普小姐的伴侣
'menfolk young and old fought for the chance to partner Miss Sharp,
而她则更青睐那位家产万贯的女士
'who preferred an offer from the lady with the money.'
当心了老伦敦城
Beware old London town,
夏普小姐来了
Miss Sharp is on her way.
今晚 贝姬的运气先起后落
Tonight, Becky's fortunes go up, and then down.
她气馁了吗
Is she downhearted?
当然没有 这里可是名利场
No! This is Vanity Fair,
这里的所有人都在为
a world where everyone is striving
不值得的事物奋斗
for what is not worth having.
名 利 场
第三章 关于女继承人的争吵
我真喜欢看她穿这些漂亮衣服
Oh, I so love to see her in pretty clothes!
她值得我为她花的每一分
She's worth every penny.
她就是个天使
She's an angel.
全世界我唯一可以真正信任的人
The only one in the whole world I can really trust.
真不知当初没她 我们是怎么熬过来的
I wonder what on earth we did without her in days gone by.
看在上帝的份上 布里格斯
For heaven's sake, Briggs,
每天都有新事让你嚎
everyday new snivel.
我们时间不多
We don't have much time.
拿破仑逃跑了
Napoleon's escaped!
谁
Who?
拿破仑在逃 我们这位旧敌在召集军力
Napoleon on the loose, our old enemy gathering his forces!
惠灵顿公爵被调回指挥
Duke of Wellington recalled to command!
保佑您 长官
Bless you, sir.
敌军...
Enemy forces...
你还没有告诉她吗
You haven't told her?
暂时没什么需要说的
Nothing to tell yet.
拿破仑从厄尔巴岛逃跑
Napoleon's escaped from Elba,
惠灵顿公爵已经在比利时了
the Duke of Wellington's already in Belgium
而你这个士兵还没话要同未婚妻讲吗
and there's nothing for a soldier to tell his fiancee?
又不是你要去面对她哭哭啼啼的样子
You're not the one who has to deal with her weeping and wailing.
我要尽量拖延这件事
I'll put it off as long as possible,
我们接到行军令时 我再告诉她
I'll tell her when we get our marching orders.
我冷
I'm cold.
我热
I'm hot.
我好害怕
I'm so scared.
好害怕
So scared.
别离开我
Don't leave me.
我在这 我在 永远在 无需害怕
I'm here. I'm here, I'm always here, there's nothing to fear.
死亡 终会来到我面前
Death, t'will come for me,
而我必须独自面对他
and I shall face him alone,
因为我这一生不曾做过善事
for I have done no good in my life.
一件也未
None.
我会像那些可悲的女人一样死去
I will be one of those pathetic women who die...
无人哀悼
Unmourned.
贝姬
Oh, Becky.
忧郁鬼
Misery guts!
给我长点眼睛
God damn your eyes!
一切都乱套了 小家伙
All gone wrong, it has, boy.
一切都乱套了
All gone wrong.
-就是这里 就是这个 -车夫
- It's just here, that's the one. - Driver!
真是个奇怪的住处
Odd sort of place to live.
这里环境非常好 姑妈
It's a perfectly respectable neighbourhood, Aunt.
我知道他们一定会很开心见到我们
I know they'll be pleased to see us.
艾米利亚
Amelia!
我们正好经过 我实在忍♥不住不来
We were passing and I couldn't resist
玛蒂尔达又不反对
and Matilda didn't object, and so...
中产阶级吗
The middling sort, are they?
股票经纪人 姑妈
Stockbrokers, Aunt.
但您讨厌那种势利眼嘛
But you hate that kind of snobbery.
贝姬
Oh, Becky!
真是又惊又喜
What a lovely surprise!
贝姬
Oh, Becky!
乔治 看是谁来了
Oh, George, look who's here!
夏普小姐
Miss Sharp.
进来吧 考利女士
Won't you come in, Miss Crawley?
都不正式邀请一下吗
Without a proper invitation?
或许这样比较现代
Well, perhaps it's the modern way.
别说话
Quite.
喝茶吗 夫人
Tea, Madam?
喝酒吧 萨姆
Wine, I think, Sam.
当然 酒 谢谢
Of course, wine, thank you.
-但小姐 -去花♥园♥里
- But Miss... - In the garden?
不 新鲜空气对娇贵的女士是致命的
No, fresh air is fatal to ladies of distinction.
亲爱的塞德利太太
My dear Mrs Sedley,
不知您怎么能
I do wonder at your judgement
让他碰瓷器
in letting him loose on the porcelain.
萨姆 真对不起
Sam, Sam, I'm so sorry.
您该担心的不是我
It's not me you should be worrying about.
他们怎么喝酒 小姐
How can they have wine, Miss?
主人把藏酒都卖♥♥了
The master's sold the cellar.
什么
What?
这你不需要担心 艾米利亚
This is none of your concern, Amelia.
一位绅士有权卖♥♥掉自己的藏酒
A gentleman is entitled to sell his wine,
这也是一种投资
it's an investment just like any other.
卖♥♥的钱够吗 妈妈
Did the sale raise enough, Mama?
够偿还奥斯本先生吗
Enough to repay Mr Osborne?
我怎么会知道男人的事 别说了
I'm not privy to the gentlemen's business, now hush.
我进入了一户大户人家 奥斯本先生
I'm in a gentleman's family now, Mr Osborne,
英国乡村贵族
good old English country stock,
高尚严肃 传承数代
noble and serious, going back generations.
看来你的新境遇
So may I take it your new situation
并非你之前所担忧的那种折磨吗 夏普小姐
has not proved to be the ordeal you feared, Miss Sharp?
薪水还可以 多谢你提醒我
The wages are tolerable, thank you for reminding me
我属于需要挣薪水的阶级
that I'm of the class of person which needs to earn them.
我只是礼貌地询问
I only make a polite enquiry.
想想看 奥斯本先生
Just think, Mr Osborne,
要不是你阻拦了乔斯先生
had you not stood in Mr Joss's way
你的嫂嫂本可是蒙特莫伦西的后代
you could have had a Montmorency for a sister-in-law.
而考虑到你本人
Which, considering your own
并非出身富贵 这本会是个提升
unimpressive pedigree, would have been quite a coup.
你爷爷是谁来着
Who was your grandfather, exactly?
他是个屠夫
He was a butcher.
这不就是了
Voila.
我并不以我的家庭为耻
I'm not ashamed of my family.
我也不 先生
Nor I of mine, sire.
夏普小姐
Miss Sharp...
马车准备好了 我姑妈也疲倦了
..The carriage is ready, and my aunt is tiring.
老天啊 没错
Lord, she is that.
他喜欢你
He likes you.
嘘 别乱说
Hush, nonsense.
他挺有钱 至少快了
He's rich, or he soon will be.
他好英俊
He's so handsome.
是啊
He is very handsome.
她名叫夏普
Sharp by name,
个性也锐利
and sharp I fear by nature.
我们的夏普小姐吗
Our Miss Sharp?
狂野 骄傲 见人就扑
Wild, proud, a desperate flirt,
我只是作为朋友警告你 考利
I only warn you as a friend, Crawley.
剧集 | 名利场(2018) | 导航列表