剧集 | 巴比伦的陷落(2014) | 导航列表
跟我来吧
Come along now.
我就是这样成了莫豪斯家的一员
And that's how I came into being a Morehouse,
这个姓氏会载满荣誉 最后却以鲜血终结
A name begot in honor and one that would end in blood.
乔纳斯·莫豪斯 也就是我现在的父亲
Jonas Morehouse, my new father,
拿他那高贵的东部生活押宝在了石油事业
traded his blue-blood eastern life for a grand bet on oil.
他就喜欢到处乱挖
He was a wildcatter.
我到来之前 他就挖了50多口油井
Before I came along he had already dug over 50 wells
但是一滴油都没挖出来
without so much as one single drop of oil.
更倒霉的是
To make matters worse,
1929年 人类终于尝到贪婪带来的恶果
in 1929 greed in mankind had reached its end.
华尔街彻底崩溃
世界崩塌了
The world collapsed.
他没钱了 大部分土地都用来抵税了
The money ran out and most of his land was sold off for taxes.
出♥售♥
等我到的时候 这个家只剩下
By the time I came into the family all that was left
一座房♥子 十英亩的灰 一个钻头
was a house, ten acres of dirt, one rig,
一个九岁的小姑娘 和一个
a nine-year-old girl, and one indomitable spirit
叫做乔纳斯·莫豪斯的不屈的灵魂
named Jonas Morehouse.
快吃你们的炖松鼠
Now, you kids eat your squirrel stew.
毛绒尾巴
加上松鼠更美味
炖松鼠
明天还有很多活要干呢
Got a lot of work to do tomorrow,
你得有点力气才行
and you're gonna need your strength.
我吃松鼠都要吃吐了 洋葱配松鼠
I'm tired of squirrel. Onions and squirrels.
我们一直在吃这玩意
It's all we ever eat.
我想吃蛋糕
I want cake.
吃你的炖松鼠吧
Eat your stew.
等井出油了 随你想吃多少蛋糕都行
There'll be plenty of cake when that well comes in.
那口井不会出油的
That well ain't never comin' in.
你再说一次试试看 小丫头
Don't you ever say that, girl.
那片地底下肯定有油
There's oil down in that ground.
我绝对会挖到的
And I'm gonna get it.
神让我降临这世间只有一个目的
You know, god put me here on this earth for a reason...
就是"推测"出石油
To extrapolate that oil.
你这样乱用推测这个词真的好吗
I'm not so sure you're using the word extrapolate properly.
你看见这双手了吗
You see these hands?
就是像这样的一双双手缔造的这个国家
This nation was built by hands like these.
勤劳苦干的手
Honest hands,
大多数是非洲人和中国人
mostly African and Chinese,
他们勤劳苦干
laborin' under the belief
把辛勤劳作当成唯一的信仰
that hard work is a religion unto itself.
那口井一定能出油
There's oil down in that well.
我会把它们全挖出来
And I'm gonna expunge it.
不仅仅是为了我自己
Not for me alone,
也不仅是为了这世界的财富增长
not for all the wealth in the world,
而是为了全人类
but for all mankind.
这将会成为
It shall be...
我的遗产
my legacy.
你根本不信爸爸信口胡说的
You didn't believe all that malarkey
那些混话 对吧
father was jabbering about, did you?
什么意思
What do you mean?
我长大之后会很富有 要什么有什么
When I grow up I'm gonna be rich and have what I want.
衣来伸手 饭来张口
And I'm not gonna lift a finger.
如果你走运的话 我会嫁给你
And if you're lucky I'll marry you.
你不能嫁我 你听到爸爸说的了
You can't marry me. You heard father.
我现在是你哥哥了
I'm your brother now.
搞笑呢 我们都没血缘关系
Hardly. We're not even related.
吻我
Kiss me.
-你疯了吧 -别墨迹了
- Are you crazy? - Go on.
吻我
Kiss me.
你知道你想亲的 你就是有贼心没贼胆
You know you want to but you're scared.
-我才不是呢 -证明给我看啊
- I ain't scared. - Then prove it.
吻我
Kiss me.
就是这样
And that was it.
这一吻决定了我们的命运
The kiss that sealed our fate.
这是长长的一吻
And it was a long kiss,
比我预想的要长
longer than I had anticipated,
鉴于我们只是两个小娃娃
considering we were just kids,
可能吻得太久了点
perhaps too long.
这一吻会让我们走向毁灭
That kiss would drive the two of us to our ruin.
如此一吻
Such a kiss.
在场的 不止我们两个
And we were not alone.
时间是由工作来衡量的
Time was measured in work
当然钟表也行 但主要还是靠工作衡量
and also on clocks and watches, but mostly work.
光阴似箭 岁月如梭
The days passed and then years.
在我不经意中 我长成了一个小伙子
I hardly noticed that I'd become a young man.
哲学
我努力学习 努力工作
I studied hard and worked hard
也知道了生为乔纳斯·莫豪斯之子的意义
and learned what it meant to be the son of Jonas Morehouse.
这都说的是什么啊
What does it all mean?
你又收到银行那个家伙的来信了吗
You got another letter from that banker man.
没什么事
Don't mean nothing.
他可以直接来拿走我们的地啊
Well, he could come in here and take our land away.
我想我们只能背水一战了 对吧
I guess we got our backs up against the wall, then, huh?
我想给你个东西
There's something I want to give you.
这个东西我一直带着以防...
Something I've been holding onto in case...
以防万一
Well, in case.
是个指南针[史上最牛逼指南针]
It's a compass.
战时我用的
Was mine during the war.
我在里面刻了些文字
I put an inscription on the inside.
好吧 来听听
Well. There you go.
上面写着 "给我的儿子德文
It says, "To my son Devon.
爱你的乔纳斯·莫豪斯
Love, Jonas Mehouse.
财富宠爱有目标的人"
Fortune favors the man with purpose."
还有
There's more.
"他是如此被动 以致全部感知都听命于
"...For he is so driven that all his senses
那唯一的野心 欲望和梦想也如此
obey his singular ambition, lust and dreams alike,
甚至连爱也被单一的激♥情♥所操纵"
and even love steered straight by one passion."
继续读 还有...[还有一大段...]
Keep--keep reading. There's more.
"不要对道德标准和精神混乱的深渊
"Fearing not the abyss of moral incertitude
心存恐惧 他的目标...
and spiritual chaos, his purpose...
将成为一盏明灯
shall be a lantern whereby which no shadow-haver
在前行的道路上击退黑暗"
so severe shall darken his path."
"他前行的脚步如此坚定铿锵
"His footsteps forever will fall upon solid ground
仿佛永远不会遇到任何阻碍
as no unseen surprise will interfere with progress,
这才是所谓有目标之人 一个真正的领袖
such is the man of purpose, a true leader...
不仅是人类领袖 也是世间万物的领袖
Not just of men but of all the elements.
空气 水 大地 火
Air, water, earth, and fire
都在阻挠他梦想的脚步
conspire against his visionary zeal.
但他仍勇敢前行
Undaunted he travels forth
最终让万物臣服于他"
and bends all these things to fit his majesty."
"以上是我为我最爱的
"Therein ends this inscription that I write
也是最珍视的儿子德文所写的铭文
for my beloved and... most cherished son... Devon,
我将这个指南针赠予他
who I have passed this compass along to
希望他能在迷失方向时
in hopes that he might ponder it from time to time
谨记这些语句
should he lose his way.
乔纳斯·莫豪斯
Jonas morehouse,
你的肥亲"
Your fat."
"你的肥亲"
"Your fat."
为什么这么写
Why did you put that?
让我看看
Let me see that.
应该刻 "你的父亲"
Supposed to say "Your father."
这个傻♥逼♥ 没地方刻了
Damn fool ran out of space.
他应该更好的控制一下字间距的
He should've managed his space better.
乔纳斯·莫豪斯
Jonas Morehouse.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
你是个傻子 乔纳斯·莫豪斯
You are a fool, Jonas Morehouse.
很久以前 你还有机会捞一笔的
You had the chance to pick up stakes long ago.
但到明天中午 你所有辛勤工作的结果
But come noon tomorrow, you will have nothing to show
将化作泡影
for all your hard work.
我还有尊严
Well, I'll have my dignity.
明天我的卡车碾上这片土地的时候
Now, by the time my trucks roll up here tomorrow
剧集 | 巴比伦的陷落(2014) | 导航列表