剧集 | 巴比伦的陷落(2014) | 导航列表
不研究流体力学怎么行 辛西娅
without understanding the impact, Cynthia?
我们这是造福全人类啊
We're doing this for the world.
我们现在没有这么大需求
We didn't see the need anymore.
你什么本事都没有
You have done nothing...
只会平白...
but bring shame...
让莫豪斯家族蒙羞
to the Morehouse name.
我父亲只有一个亲生孩子
My father had only one child.
你有什么脸面公然说出他的名字
And how dare you say his name in here?
让莫豪斯家族蒙羞的人只有你
The only shame in this room belongs to you,
因为你 其实是个...
because you... are...
私生子[也有混♥蛋♥之意]
a... bastard!
算你狠
All right.
你...
Well...
你摧毁了我的尊严
You have demolished me.
你...终于赢了
You... have won.
德文
Devon...
德文
Devon!
娘亲
Mother!
-德文 -快传太医
- Devon! - Fetch some water!
我都糊涂了
I don't know.
我究竟该不该把公♥司♥
Have I done the right thing, taking the company away
从我哥哥手里夺走
from my own brother?
正如诗人奥维德所云
Well, the poet Ovid mused,
"正确与谬误
"The wrong is merely the tail
"无非是一主之二仆"
"of the same beast as right."
胡言乱语 我舅舅会毁了这家公♥司♥
Nonsense. My uncle would have ruined this company
全因为他的研究 和前卫的思想
with his research and forward thinking.
温斯顿我的宝贝 我希望你是对的
Oh, Winston, my dear boy, I hope you're right.
我就是对的
I am.
德文出局之后 我...
With Devon out of the way, I--
我们就能带领莫豪斯集团实现远大前程
we have such great plans for Morehouse Conglomerated.
但我必须花些时间来恢复查克拉
I must regain my strength first.
温斯顿 我希望你带领公♥司♥走进新时代
Winston, I want you to guide this company going forward.
越战一触即发
The Vietnam war is on the horizon,
这个国家的石油需求定会大增
and this country's thirst for oil is growing.
莫豪斯集团一定要当领头羊
Morehouse must be in the lead!
您莫要烦恼 娘亲
Don't you fret, mother dear.
我知道该怎么做
I know what to do.
父亲...
Father...
务必让母亲躺在床上好好休息
See to it that she stays in bed.
我...很关心她的健康
I'm... concerned about her health.
我...
I'm...
很...
concerned...
关心...
about...
她的...
her...
健康
health.
谢谢你 温斯顿
Thank you, Winston.
亲爱的 能不能去看看砂锅好了没
Darling, will you go check on the casserole please?
当然 我的小美人
Of course, my precious flower.
我应该把《小妇人》委托给你的信托公♥司♥
I shall leave Little Women in your safe company.
你又开始读它了吗
You're reading it again?
路易莎·梅是我的人生导师
Louisa May is my guide and my compass.
是啊 你提过
Yes, you've mentioned.
你妹妹 那个可怕的女人...
Your sister, that awful woman...
她想要毁了你
she's tried to destroy you.
我只是...我只是不明白为什么
I just-- I just don't understand why.
我不知道
I don't know.
看看他们
Look at them.
那么知足
So content.
他们完全不知道前方的危险
They hardly realize the danger ahead.
这就好像...
And it's as if...
我们才刚刚了解海洋
we'd only just begun to understand the sea
和其中多样的生物
and all its varied creatures.
而现在我们的研究
Now our research is coming
却面临着一个可怕的结局
to a dreadful end.
温斯顿掌权后
With Winston at the helm,
莫豪斯集团失去了灵魂
Morehouse Conglomerated had lost its soul.
那时 我也迷失了我自己
And for the moment, I had lost my soul as well.
-为什么 -你弄痛人家了啦
- Why? - You're hurting me!
对不起 对不起 徳珂西
Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Dixie.
是那个暴君 我的妹妹
It's that tyrant, my sister.
她让我们走投无路
She's shutting us down.
你必须奋起反抗
You've got to fight her.
怎么反抗
How?
你曾跟我说过你是个诗人
You once told me you were a poet.
我...
Well, I...
我只是对自♥由♥诗
I mean, I-I dabble in free verse
和所有那些诗歌♥体裁都略懂而已
and every form of poetry that's ever been conceived of,
事实上我还自创了一些新的诗体
and I've actually come up with a few new ones myself.
我每天都写 一写好几个小时
and I do it every day, many hours a day.
那是我每天的必修课
It's a discipline for me,
但都是过去的事了
but that was a long time ago.
所以你要用诗歌♥...
So with poetry...
来和你妹妹争夺这世界的权利
you are going to fight your sister with the power of the word.
诗歌♥ 还有小说
Poetry. And novels.
-对 -关于大自然的书
- Yes. - Books about nature.
对
Yes.
-独幕剧... -对
- One-act plays... - Yes.
儿童书 报章杂♥志♥
Children's books, magazine articles.
我可以的
I could do it.
我要用我的作品来打倒辛西娅·莫豪斯
With my writing, I could crush Cynthia Morehouse
让她爬到我面前来求我原谅
and bring her crawling to me for forgiveness.
这个研究院...
And the research institute...
也会得救
it will be saved.
没错
Yes.
但更重要的是 我可以打倒她
But more importantly, I could crush her,
毁了那个想要毁了我的女人
destroy her-- she who has tried to destroy me.
这事还没完 辛西娅
Oh, it's not over yet, Cynthia!
你也许是掌握着世界第七大公♥司♥
You may oversee the seventh largest company in the world
还有大把的钱在手上
and have millions of dollars at your disposal,
但现在...
but now you must face
面对作家的怒火吧
the wrath of the writer.
有了梅隆博士在我的身边
With Dr. Melon-cans by my side,
我思如泉涌
the words came fast.
1967年 我出版了《森林之诗》
In 1967, I published Poems for the Forest,
森林之诗
表现出了对工业社会的不屑...
a defiant stance against our industrialized world--
稍微有点隐晦 但大家都懂的
slightly veiled, but it was there.
一些评论家 包括梅瑞迪斯·森海泽尔
Several critics, including Meredith Sennheiser,
注意到了它
noticed it.
天才
Genius.
这肯定已经彻底伤到了辛西娅
It must have cut Cynthia to the bone.
德珂西觉得该更刻薄尖锐
Dixie thought I could be even more pointed,
所以我写下了我的惊世之作
so I wrote my breakthrough,
《通往大海 海洋的挣扎咆哮》
Unto the Sea: An Oceanographic Struggle.
通往大海
又一次受到了森海泽尔粗暴热情的赞美
Sennheiser once again praised it with her usual frothy zeal.
写得太你妈好了
Son of a bitch.
我的书比四娘的卖♥♥得还好
It caught on fire,
第一年就卖♥♥出了一千多本
selling over a thousand copies in the first year.
只卖♥♥50美刀
你没听错 只要50美刀
机不可失 逾时不候
人们开始觉醒
The world was beginning to notice.
芒森有约
塔尔克·芒森有约 欢迎回来
We now return to The Talc Munson Show.
我们有了新的赞助商
We have a new sponsor,
风笛牌苏格兰威士忌混调酒
Bagpipes O'Toole Scotch semi-blended.
这是唯一一款
You know, this is the only Scotch
能装在罐子里的威士忌 大家体会一下
you can find in a can, everybody.
德文 跟我讲讲你的新作 《通往大海》
Devon, tell me about your book, Unto the Sea.
《通往大海》是对人类的警示
Well, Unto the Sea is a warning flare for our planet.
我们长♥期♥遭受邪恶公♥司♥的迫♥害♥
For too long, we have let evil corporations
剧集 | 巴比伦的陷落(2014) | 导航列表