about the noises in the cellar...
还有本该关着的窗户
and the window that should not have been open.
所以这些都是怎么来的 你怎么入这行的
So, where does all this come from? How did you get into it?
要我说 眼见为实
Ah, the most predictable way possible, I suppose.
-怎么讲 -当我看到一个的时候
- Yeah, what's that? - When I saw one.
一个什么
One what?
你觉得呢
One what do you think?
什么 真的吗
What? Actually?
真的
Actually.
我们能回去了吗 回到派对 露个面
Shall we head back then? Back to the party, show our faces?
真的吗 他是哥本哈根的教授
'Seriously?' He's a professor at Copenhagen.
主要在他的实验室里
Basically, reproduces poltergeist phenomena,
重现吵闹鬼的现象
right there in his lab.
吵闹鬼 制♥造♥噪音和乱扔东西的鬼怪
让物品漂浮 在房♥间里飞来飞去
Things levitate, fly across the room.
就像 就像他在一个
It's like... It's like he's built a room
电磁空间里制♥造♥房♥间
inside a kind of electro-magnetic chamber.
女士们先生们 大家准备好了吗
'Here we go, ladies and gentlemen, is everybody ready?
五 四 三 二 一
'Five... four... three... two... one...'
新年快乐
Happy New Year!
-你好 -你好
- Hello. - Hello.
斯托布里奇警局
-老大 在进去之前 -你还好吗
- Erm, boss, before we step inside... - Is everything OK?
我
I, er...
我认识失踪那位女士的家人
I actually know the missing woman's family.
-好吧 -其实是认识她姐姐
- Ok. - Well, the sister, really.
我和她是同一年级的
She and I were in the same year at school.
会有什么问题吗
Is it gonna be a problem?
当然不会 至少我不会
Absolutely not. No, not for me.
那应该没有什么问题 不是吗
Then I think we're probably good, don't you?
好 谢了 老大
OK... Cheers, boss.
雷德曼先生
So, Mr Redman,
我想你知道我们为什么在这里吧
I expect you'll have gathered why we're all here?
我们在调查伊莉斯·福克斯的失踪
We're investigating the disappearance of Elise Fox.
所以请你再给我吗讲讲
So, if you wouldn't mind taking us through
那天晚上究竟发生了什么
exactly what happened that night?
绝对的 当然
Absolutely, please. Of course.
谁邀请你参加派对的
So, what took you to the party?
派对主人 我上司 每年固定聚会
Ah, the host. My boss. It's sort of an annual fixture.
他邀请了所有DJ还有工作成员
He invites all the other DJs and their staff
基本上 是他手下的所有人
and basically... everyone in his village.
是那种 每年都举办的聚会
It's sort of a thing. Annual thing.
从80年代就开始了
Since the '80s, I think.
你看到伊莉斯·福克斯或者和她说话了吗
And while you were there, did you see or speak to Elise Fox?
-据我所知没有 -据你所知
- Not that I know of. - That you "know of"?
当时 当时人山人海的
Well, there's... there's, like, a million people there,
你就会 和这个打招呼 和那个寒暄
so, all night, you're like, "Hello this, excuse me that,"
所以 你懂的
so, you know...
我有可能和她打过招呼之类的
I could've, you know, whatever, said hello or something.
但是如果 我不知道
But if I did, I don't... I don't know.
你怎么...
So, how come you're, er...
-要走了 -对
- Leaving? - Yeah.
是 是我前任 理查德
Oh, it's, er... it's my ex, Richard.
-你前任 -对 虽然
- Your ex. - Yeah. Although...
他没有意识到我们分手了
he's not actually getting that message.
他以为我们是像罗斯和瑞秋那样
He thinks we're more like Ross and Rachel.
电视剧《老友记》中分分合合纠缠多年的情侣
-好吧 -是的
- Oh, right. - Yeah.
但我们不是 我们更像瑞秋和甘瑟
But we're not, we're more like Rachel and Gunther.
电视剧《老友记》中 甘瑟单恋瑞秋
好吧
Ok.
我们去旁边
Let's go over there.
-新年快乐 -新年快乐
- Happy New Year. - Happy New Year.
鲍勃 这是伊莉斯 伊莉斯 鲍勃
Er, Bob, this is Elise. Elise, Bob.
-伊莉斯 新年快乐 -新年快乐
- Hello, Elise. Happy New Year. - Happy New Year.
你两个兴奋的小孩要去哪
So, where are you two thrill kids headed?
回家 是吧
Just y'know... home, really.
回家 拜托 夜晚才刚开始
Home? Oh, come on. The night's young, surely?
这附近肯定有地方可以喝一杯
There must be somewhere local we can grab a drink?
麦垛酒吧开的挺晚的
I mean, The Wheatsheaf's got a late licence.
我们可以去那里看看有什么喝的
We could go in there and see if we could get something,
-你们觉得呢 -麦垛酒吧
- if you fancy it? - The Wheatsheaf.
好主意 谁想去麦垛酒吧
Excellent idea. So, who's up for The Wheatsheaf?
来嘛 跨年夜这么早回家
Come on, it's a bit embarrassing,
不会有点尴尬吗
going home this early on New Year's Eve.
那现在有两位去麦垛 内森你呢
Now, that's two for The Wheatsheaf. Nathan?
好吧 真是的 三位去麦垛
Yeah, all right, sod it. Three for The Wheatsheaf.
所以你打不到车 走路去了火车站
So, you can't get taxi, you're walking to the train station.
这个叫鲍勃的家伙开车经过
This bloke, Bob, comes driving past.
对 他正往家走
Er, yeah. He was just on his way home,
然后停下接上了我
and he stopped to pick me up.
-当时就你们俩吗 -对
- And you were alone at this point? - Absolutely, yes. Just...
只有我和鲍勃
Just me and Bob.
敬你一杯
I'll drink to that.
麦垛有什么吸毒的设施吗
Does The Wheatsheaf have any drug-taking facilities?
没有那样的
Erm, not as such, no.
但他们可以给你做个坎伯兰香肠
But they'll do you a Cumberland sausage.
那我们要不先停下来吸点东西
Then how about we stop off en route for a nice little top-up?
稍微回顾一下
Yeah, just to backtrack a bit...
你真的确定你这次没看见伊莉斯·福克斯吗
you're absolutely sure you didn't see Elise Fox at this time?
我说了 我不知道有没有看到她
Yeah, well, like I said, I don't know if I saw her or not.
我不确定
I-I-I don't know.
当时店里很忙 又有很多人
It was really busy, and there were so many people there.
-这地方怎么打听到的 -当地人称之为"谷地"
- And how do we know this place? - Locals call it "The Hollow".
类似于情人巷之类的地方 人们只在夏天去
It's like lovers' lane or something. In the summer, anyways.
为什么只在夏天
Yeah, why? Why only in summer?
因为闹鬼
Cos it's haunted.
闹什么鬼
Haunted? By whom?
一个灰色的女人 可能是女巫什么的
A grey lady. Like a witch or something.
是吗
Yeah?
她有着那种很可怕的惊恐面容
She's got this awful expression on her face, like she's terrified.
-你见过她吗 -怎么可能
- You ever seen her? - Yeah, right!
不过 我敢打赌附近一定有条河
I bet there's a river nearby, though.
你怎么知道的
How'd you know that?
闹鬼的地方总是会有流水
There's usually running water near haunted lanes.
-他又开始了 -等等 什么 为什么会有水
- Oh, and he's off! - Wait, what? Shh. Why is that? The water?
谁知道呢
Who knows?
也许是电流干扰了大脑
Maybe electrical currents interfering with brain activity,
尤其是颞叶的运作
especially the temporal lobe.
可能是次声波
Could be infrasound.
怎么说
Yeah. How come?
说来挺酷的 暴露在低频的声音之中
It's pretty cool. Exposure to low-frequency sound.
大概每秒18次波动
I'm talking around 18 cycles a second.
和老虎低吼的频率差不多
That's roughly the frequency of a tiger's growl.
这导致我们产生了一种猎物反应
It causes a sort of... prey response in us.
从而引起许多难受的生理反应
Gives rise to a lot of unpleasant physiological effects -
例如颤抖 焦虑 和呼吸困难
shivering, anxiety, breathlessness.
有种身边潜伏着看不见的危险 被监视的感觉
A sense of unseen danger, of being watched.
我们就像是被盯上了的猎物
Like we're being hunted.
要弄出这种效果
All you need to create the effect
你只需制♥造♥出正确的驻波
is to make the right kind of standing wave.
就比如你这样做
Like when you do this.
你这笑话真烂
It's a bad joke.
没事 我不介意
No, I don't mind.
-莽撞了点吗 -是呀
- A little reckless? - Yeah.
我憋不住了 我要去上个厕所
My bladder's gonna explode. I'm going for a slash.
灰色女人
Grey Lady.
行行 我知道了
Yeah, yeah, all right.
女巫
Witch.
给我留点 我马上回来
Leave some for me. Back in a tick.
其实我还需要多点时间 你们懂的
Actually, I might be a while, so y'know, whatever.
他走了吗
Is he gone?
走了