你要决定我们的未来如何
You need to decide our future.
我无论有多寂寞 都不会试着改变你的想法
I won't ever try and change your mind however lonely I get.
我知道你一定很想念特雷弗
I know you must be missing Trevor.
我不敢相信他真的走了
I just can't believe he's gone.
我也很想念莱斯莉
I miss Lesley, too.
我很愧疚我不够爱她
I'm so sorry I didn't love her enough,
以及我对她的不公行为
and for the wrongs I did her.
但我们现在可以向前看了
But we can move forward now,
把自己奉献给对方 不用再考虑过去
and give ourselves to each other without looking back.
因为我们爱着彼此
Cos we love each other.
现在就决定
Decide now.
如果没有希望 不要让我误解
Don't allow me to think there is hope if there is none.
你会让我煎熬死的
You'll kill me.
我夺走了孩子们的母亲
I have taken a mother from her children,
但上帝会再赐予他们一个
but God will provide for them.
我只能祈祷希望
And I only hope and pray
上帝赐予的是你
that you are the one he provides.
我从科林·霍威尔处收到了字条 证物C1
I received a note -- item C1 -- from Colin Howell...
他确认是由他过世的妻子莱斯莉所写
.. which he confirmed was written by his late wife Lesley.
他向我证明蛇形管
He identified to me the length of hose
是从他们家吸尘器上卸下的 即证物C3
as being part of the family vacuum -- item C3.
我立即对两起死亡进行了严密的调查
I conducted an immediate and thorough investigation into both deaths,
对多位目击证人和他人进行询问
which included the interview of a number of witnesses and other persons.
我相信这两起死亡
It is believed the deaths were brought about
是由受害人配偶的婚外情引起
as a result of the affair by the spouses of the victims,
该婚外情持续到自杀事件发生时
up until the time of the suicide incident.
莱斯莉·霍威尔曾试图自杀
Lesley Howell had made previous suicide attempts.
尽管汉斯福德牧师曾试图调解
Despite reconciliation attempts made by Reverend Hansford,
两位受害人都不能坦然接受
neither of the victims could come to terms
配偶的不忠
with their spouse's infidelity,
这很有可能是他们自杀
and was most likely the motivating factor
最主要的原因
in both of them taking their lives.
5个月后
1992年10月
你好
Oh, hello.
-你好 -你好
- Hi. - Hi.
马修打过招呼了吗
How about Matthew?
你好
Hello!
你们还记得幼儿园的布坎南老师吗
Do you remember Mrs Buchanan from the nursery school?
-你们可以叫我哈泽尔了 -真好
- Oh, you can call me Hazel now. - Bless.
**大灰狼正在寻找小孩子**
*The wolf is coming to find small children*
**要吃掉他们**
*And eat them up*
别停下来 跑呀
Oh, don't stop. Go.
好孩子 来
Oh, you're good. Come on.
好孩子 好孩子
You're good. Good boy.
好了 走吧 走吧
Right, come on, off you go. Off you go.
你不玩吗
You not playing?
你不玩吗 亲爱的
You not playing, darling?
我想爸爸了
I miss Daddy.
我知道 宝贝
I know, pet.
我知道
I know.
他为什么想死
Why did he want to die?
有时候
Sometimes...
人会非常悲伤
people get... so sad.
悲伤到他们只能离开这个世界
So sad that they... have to leave this world.
他们现在在天堂里
They'll be in heaven now.
爸爸
Dad.
爸爸
Dad!
你还好吗
You OK?
-我... -马修 轻点 轻点
- I... - Matthew, easy, easy.
看我有什么
Look what I have.
-太好了 -太好了
- Yes! - Yes!
露西 你知道这个怎么放吗
Lucy, you know how this works?
-知道 -知道
- Yes! - Yes!
-知道 -好的
- Yes! - Good.
不行 不行
Don't. Don't.
怎么了
What?
妈妈
Mummy.
妈妈
Mummy.
让他...
Tell him to...
-很美 不是吗 看 -是啊
- Isn't it beautiful? Look. - Yeah.
我们可以在这里愉快地散步
We can go for a nice walk down there.
没有孩子们打扰
No children to spoil our fun.
还有个健身房♥
There's a health club.
-可以做美容 -棒
- Beauty treatments. - Yes.
我以霍威尔夫妇的身份报了名
I signed in as Mr and Mrs Howell.
不行 不行
No. No.
-怎么了 -不行
- What? - No, no.
怎么了
What is it?
哈泽尔 怎么了
Hazel, what is it?
他在看着我们
He sees us.
谁
Who?
上帝
God.
我能感觉到他看我们的目光
I can feel His eyes on us.
他当然看着我们 他什么都能看到
Of course He sees us. He sees everything.
他如果他不想让我们在一起
But He wouldn't give us this love
就不会给我们这份爱情
if He didn't want us to be together.
《撒母耳记》下篇 第11章 第26节
Second book of Samuel, chapter 11, verse 26:
"乌利亚的妻子听到丈夫乌利亚死了
"And when Bathsheba heard that Uriah her husband was dead
她为他哀悼 等到哀悼期结束
she mourned for him, and when the mourning was passed
大卫派人 把她接到住处来
David sent and fetched her to his house
她成了他的妻子"
and she became his wife."
要是我们停止...
Well, maybe if we stop short of, you know,
做♥爱♥
making love.
也许那时
Maybe then...
上帝就会宽恕我们
He'd forgive us.
上帝将大卫的罪除去
The Lord put David's sin away...
因为大卫每天都为他的所作所为忏悔
because David repented daily for what he had done.
我们最好别享乐了
Well, better we take no pleasure in it, then.
但是后来
But in time...
上帝令拔示巴再为大卫怀一个儿子
God let Bathsheba bear David a second son --
也就是伟大的所罗门王
the great King Solomon.
我觉得我们低估了
I think we underestimated
我们内心深处对所作所为的反应
the response in both our hearts to what we did.
上帝终会宽恕我们的
God will pardon us in time.
-我们都不能一起在街上走 -那样我们就能
- We can't even walk down the same street. - Then we can give ourselves
-在一起或者一起去教堂了 -我们有什么未来
- together or be at the same church. - What future do we have?
在苏格兰的未来
A future in Scotland.
我查过几个案例
I've looked at a couple of practices.
浸信会社区 我们可以在那儿结婚
Baptist communities. We could marry there.
我会失去警方给的抚恤金
I'd lose the police pension.
我知道 但我们还有20多万呢
I know but we've still got over 200 grand.
莱斯莉的房♥产
Lesley's estate
以及保险公♥司♥给的钱
and then there's the money from the insurance on top.
-我... -听着
- I'm... - Listen.
我们一切都没问题
We're all set up.
并且 我会将丽莎和安德鲁视若己出的
You know, and... I will love Lisa and Andrew as my own.
谢谢
Thanks.
像我亲生的一样
As my own.
我不知道能不能成为你的孩子们的慈母
I'm not sure I can be the loving mother to yours.
抱歉 真的...
Sorry, it's...
我也不知道我能否给予你你想要的
And I don't know if I can give you what you want,
就是 你期待的完美妻子
you know, as a... wife.
我只是
I just...
我太内疚了 内心上了锁
I feel so guilty I just lock up inside.
内心上锁 什么意思
Lock up? What does that mean?
-我确实爱你 我 -我也爱你
- I do love you, I just... - Well, I love you.
我太紧张了 我...
I just get so tense. I just...
我做不到
I just can't do it.
对不起
I'm sorry.
不
No.