死因是
It was...
一氧化碳中毒
carbon monoxide poisoning.
你确定吗
Are you sure?
你们确定不是意外吗
Are you sure it wasn't an accident?
科林 我实在是太遗憾了
Colin, I'm so very, very sorry.
我们为她的灵魂祈祷吧
Shall we offer a prayer for her soul?
好的 一起祈祷吧
Yes, let's do that.
不
No.
我得先告诉孩子们
I need to tell the children first.
劳伦
Lauren?
马修
Matthew?
牧师得到的消息很糟糕
I'm afraid the Pastor's got some very bad news.
有人发现特雷弗死了 哈泽尔
Trevor's been found dead, Hazel.
在车里 跟莱斯莉一起
In a car, with Lesley.
他们应该是自杀
It seems they took their own lives.
哈泽尔
Hazel?
方便跟警方谈谈吗
Are you OK to talk to the police?
我是哈钦森探长 布坎南太太
Detective Inspector Hutchinson, Mrs Buchanan.
你丈夫的事 我深表遗憾
I'm very sorry about your husband.
他是优秀的警官
He was a fine officer
他的死是警队的巨大损失
and a great loss to the force.
我明白你也很难过
I appreciate this is a difficult time for you,
但我有几个问题 可以问你吗
but I have a few questions. Is that OK?
好的
Yes.
你觉得特雷弗之所以要自杀
And is there any reason, do you think,
可能是什么原因呢
why Trevor might have taken his own life?
我们的婚姻有点问题
We had problems in our marriage.
我...
I...
我和莱斯莉的丈夫有婚外情
I'd had an affair with Lesley's husband.
特雷弗对这事一直耿耿于怀
Trevor just couldn't get over it.
或许
Maybe...
也有工作上的原因
it was also the job.
-你明白吗 -当然
- You know? - Yes,
我明白那对他有很大伤害
I understand it takes its toll.
你记得昨晚有什么特殊情况吗
So what do you remember of last night?
我深夜时分曾被吵醒过
I was wakened, very late.
大概是什么时候
What time would you say?
我想大概是三四点吧
I think it would have been around three or four, maybe...
我听见...
I heard...
特雷弗和莱斯莉在走廊上谈了一会儿
Trevor talking a while in the hallway with Lesley.
我听出那是她的声音
I recognised her voice.
然后他们就走了
Then they were gone.
你没出去跟他们说话吗
Did you not go out and talk to them,
问问是什么情况
see what was going on?
我和她基本上不说话
She and I aren't really on speaking terms.
我好几个月没见她丈夫了 但是...
I haven't been seeing her husband for months, but...
情况依然没有好转
it's still very difficult.
没错 是那样
Yes, that's true.
我和哈泽尔有过婚外情
Hazel and I had been having an affair.
六个月前就结束了
It ended six months ago.
但是特雷弗无法对那事释怀
But Trevor couldn't get over what had happened.
他依然很愤怒
He was still so angry.
他昨晚过来了一趟 结果情况有点失控
He came round last night and it got a bit out of hand.
他对我动手了 我头部这里挨了一下
He sort of went for me and I got a bump on the head here.
但随后我让他冷静了下来
But then I calmed him down.
他道歉了
He apologised.
然后他就走了 我也上♥床♥睡觉了
Then he left and I went back to bed.
你知道莱斯莉做了什么吗
And do you know what Lesley did?
我以为她会彻夜喝酒
I thought she'd stayed up drinking.
自从她爸死后 她一直睡在沙发上
Since her dad died, she'd taken to sleeping on the sofa.
所以一直到今天早上
So it wasn't till this morning,
我醒来后 才发现她不见了
when I woke up, that I knew she was gone.
所以你就开始担心了是吗
Which aroused your concern?
是的 尤其是...
Yes, especially...
在我看完这个之后
when I read this.
"亲爱的科林 我现在只想好好睡一觉
"Dear Colin, I'm just trying to go to sleep now.
要睡多久 我也不知道
How long for I don't know.
谢谢你在过去的几天中对我的帮助
Thank you for all your help over the past few days
也感恩我们婚姻中的美好时光
and for the good times in our marriage.
如果我明早醒过来了 就让这成为我们的秘密吧"
If I wake up in the morning, let this be our secret."
先生
Sir.
-我们能把这个带走吗 -当然了 带走吧
- Can we take it with us? - Oh, yeah, of course, please do.
她信中所指的"帮助"具体指什么 霍威尔先生
What "Help" Was she referring to, Mr Howell?
就是...
Well, you know,
她父亲才刚刚去世
her father dying such a short while before.
我尽我所能帮助了她
I did what I could.
但那显然不够
But obviously not enough.
我很自责
I blame myself.
她之前就 试图自杀过 但是...
She tried to...kill herself before, you see, but...
我从没想过她会真的去行动
I never thought she'd actually go through with it.
吉姆 我很遗憾
Jim, I'm so sorry.
我很遗憾
I'm very sorry.
节哀
Condolences.
他是警队中的重要力量
He was a real credit to the force.
你为什么要那么做 儿子
Why did you do it, son? Hm?
你怎么不来找我呢
Why didn't you come to me?
你怎么不来找我呢
Why didn't you come to me?
你没事吧
You OK?
哈泽尔 我能跟你聊几句吗
Hazel, can I have a quick word, please?
到那边去吧
Perhaps just go through there.
进去吧
Let's go in there.
很快就好
I won't be a moment.
-克里斯 -安迪
- Chris. - Andy.
作为她的弟弟
As her brother,
我想她一定希望把这个交给你
I'm sure she'd have wanted you to have this.
这是她去世时 放在随身听里
It was the actual music she was listening to on her Walkman
所听的音乐
when she passed away.
不 不要
No. No.
好吧
Ok.
来吧 把这些都端给宾客们吃
Come on, you. Let's go and hand those out.
你们做得很好
You're doing a good job.
谢谢邀请我们
Thanks very much for having us.
牧师 我真的很感谢
Pastor, I really appreciate
教会在我们最需要的时候所给予的支持和帮助
the church's support during our hour of need.
我等下就来
I'll just be a second.
科林 长老们和我都一致认为
Colin, the elders and I have been thinking
等这事都处理好了
that once this is all done,
你可能会发现
that you would maybe find
你在另一个教会会更加受欢迎
yourself more welcome at another church,
-你明白我的意思吧 -什么 拜托
- if you understand me. - What? Please.
-现在我... -牧师 拜托 那孩子们呢
- Now I have -- - Pastor, please. What about the children?
孩子们都...
The children have -- -
我也对哈泽尔传达了同样的意思 她同意了
I have said the same to Hazel and she's agreed.
她还说 她再也不想见到你了
She also said she never wishes to see you again.
是吗
Really?
科林 我认为
Colin, it is my belief
完全是你导致了这场悲剧
that you are wholly responsible for this terrible tragedy.
你什么意思 牧师
What are you saying, Pastor?
我就是无法接受
I simply cannot accept
会抛弃孩子们这件事
that Lesley would have abandoned the children.
安迪 德里克 走好
Andy. Derek.