我的大致说法是
Basically, I said to her,
"我对特雷弗和莱斯莉有打算
"I have a plan for Trevor and Lesley
让他们看着像是自杀
that can look as if they've committed suicide,
但需要你帮忙"
but I need your help."
她是否反对这么做
Did she object to you doing it?
没有反对杀死特雷弗和莱斯莉 没有
Not to the principle of killing Trevor, killing Lesley -- no.
当晚你给过她什么东西吗
Did you give her anything that night?
我给了她一些药片
I gave her tablets.
我需要哈泽尔协助
I needed Hazel to cooperate
给特雷弗下药
with giving Trevor the medication
这样等我到她家时 他已经沉睡
so that he would be asleep when I would arrive at the house.
到了这时候 在我给她药片前
She understood by this stage,
她就明白这将是她需要负责的任务
before I gave her the tablets, that that was to be her role,
她首先要做的其中一步
that one of the first steps of her role
就是在我到她家时 特雷弗应该是熟睡的
was that Trevor would be asleep when I arrived.
你对特雷弗有什么特别的担心吗
Had you any particular concern about Trevor?
是的 他有枪 所以如果我...如果他醒来
Yes, he had a gun, so if I... if he woke up,
可能会起身给我一枪 就这么简单
he could get up and shoot me -- as simple as that.
-你们还商量了其他事吗 -是的
- Did you discuss anything else? - Yes.
在她收下药片之后 我感觉
After she took the tablets, I felt
那一刻就意味着计划被接受并同意了
it was the moment when the plan was accepted and agreed upon.
就好像是合约缔结完成
It was almost like the contract was signed,
于是我就对她解释
and so I explained to her
要想此事成功 她必须完成四项工作
the four roles she would have to undertake for this to be successful.
第一步 让丈夫服下药片
To give the tablets -- Step One.
第二步是 在当晚早些时候
Earlier in the evening,
把车停在车♥库♥外面
Step Two was to leave the car out of the garage.
第三步 是把衣服都放在外面
Step Three was to leave the clothes out.
第四步 是把橡胶管割断 然后烧掉
Step Four was to cut up the hosepipe and burn it afterwards.
所以 你们在车上会面之后
So after that meeting in the car,
在你看来
as far as you were concerned,
你对哈泽尔说了计划中的多大一部分
how much of the plan had been discussed with Hazel?
没有详说全部细节
Not all of the detail,
但整个计划绝对全盘告知了
but 100% of the plan.
全体起立
All rise.
不 他所说的不是真的
No, what he's saying is not true!
他所说的 都是我们预料之中的
There's nothing he said we didn't expect.
我离开了他 他一直都无法原谅我
I got away from him and he's never forgiven me.
当年是他控制的一切
He controlled everything.
你必须让他们相信这一点
You have to make them believe that.
请你信任我 斯图尔特夫人
Please trust me, Mrs. Stewart.
我们知道我们想要实现怎样的目标
We know what we're trying to achieve.
或许 或许该让我发言
Maybe... maybe I should speak.
我需要站上证人席
I need to go on the witness stand.
斯图尔特夫人 你丈夫显然也注意到了
Mrs Stewart, as your husband has observed,
检方的第一个问题很可能是
the prosecution's first question is likely to be,
"跟杀害自己丈夫的人做♥爱♥ 是什么感觉
"What was it like having sex with your husband's killer...
而且持续了4年"
for four years?"
我们已经商量好 应对办法就是暴露科林的真面目
We've agreed that the way to do this is to expose Colin.
陪审团必须看清 他是一个满口胡言的大骗子
The jury must see him for the liar that he is.
他害了两条人命
He's a double murderer.
他会让陪审团看清这一点的
He'll make the jury see that.
你们不了解他 你们不知道他能干出什么事
You don't know him. You don't know what he's capable of.
我觉得你是一个
I suggest you're a man
为了达到自己自私的目的
who would simply do and say
会信口开河 胡作非为的人
anything for your own selfish ends.
你说过谎 你骗过莱斯莉 不是吗
You've lied. You lied to Lesley, didn't you?
-是的 没错 -你对警方撒过谎吗
- I did, yes. - You lied to the police?
1991年时 是撒过
In 1991, yes.
我觉得你对于被告人所为的叙述 也撒了谎
And I suggest you've lied about what the accused did,
你将她的所为升级到
and you've elevated what she did
你的同伙的地步 声称这是共同作案
to a joint enterprise as an accomplice to you.
并不是这样
That's not right.
霍威尔先生 在你的税务听证会上
At your tariff hearing, Mr Howell,
你的辩护律师 代表你进行了强势的抗辩
your defence counsel, in an eloquent plea on your behalf,
说你不是个"禽兽" 你还记得吗
said that you weren't a "Monster". Do you remember that?
他说我的所为穷凶极恶
He said what I did was monstrous,
但我不是个禽兽 没错 是这样说的
but that I was not a monster, yes.
是的 霍威尔先生 但你就是个禽兽 对吧
Yes. You are a monster, Mr Howell, aren't you?
我曾经是个禽兽 我是个杀人凶手
I was a monster. I was a killer,
但我已经不再是了
but I'm not any longer.
那在我的供认书中有写到
That's part of my confession.
霍威尔先生 有人形容你"非常喜欢操纵别人"
Mr Howell, you've been described as "Manipulative".
绝对的 我曾经非常喜欢操纵别人 没错
Absolutely. I was very manipulative, yes, I was.
邪恶呢
Evil?
是的 我曾经很邪恶
Yes... I was evil.
现在我可以用另一个形容词来描述你吗
Now can I use another adjective to describe you?
你觉得自己是个控制欲很强的人吗
Would you think you are a controlling person?
我觉得我不是
I don't believe that I am.
你和女人之间的关系
Your relationships with women
不是那种控制式的关系吗
were not controlling-type relationships?
实际上 我是完全失控了
Actually, I was so out of control,
最终 我生命中的女人反而控制了我
ultimately, the women in my life controlled ME,
就因为我曾有过的通奸行为
because of the adultery I'd had.
随着你妻子的死亡
Did your financial position
你的经济状况是否有了极大的改善
improve immeasurably with your wife's death?
在大约一年后 是的
After about a year, yes.
你从她的不动产中获得的净利润
The net benefit you obtained from her estate
-达到212466镑 是否属实 -是
- was 212,466 pounds, is that right? - Yes.
还有其他收益
And there were other benefits,
比如她12万英镑的人寿保险赔偿金
such as the life insurance of 120,000 pounds.
你的谋杀动机都是为了钱 对吧
Your murderous intent was all about the money, was it not?
那并非是谋杀背后的动机
That was not the motive behind it.
我或哈泽尔都没有讨论过钱的问题
That wasn't discussed by me or by Hazel,
因为如果我有经济方面的动机的话
because if I had a financial motive,
那你就是在暗示 哈泽尔或许同样有这种动机
you'd have to suggest that perhaps Hazel did, as well.
与哈泽尔没有关系 只与你有关 霍威尔先生
Nothing to do with Hazel at all. All to do with you, Mr Howell.
但这场审判是针对哈泽尔的
But this trial is about Hazel.
以下这个问题是否属实
Isn't the fact of the matter...
在你成年后的绝大部分人生里
that you are, and have been for most of your adult life,
你都是一个性♥爱♥猎人 对吧
Mr Howell, a sexual predator?
不是 当我走进哈泽尔的家里时
No. When I went to Hazel's house,
我知道我不是去那里教她弹吉他的
I knew I was not there for guitar lessons.
我就像走进了一张蜘蛛网
I walked into the spider's web.
就像苍蝇落入了蜘蛛网
Flies go into a spider's web
因为它们觉得 那里有食物可以享受到
because they might think there is some food for them there,
所以我心甘情愿地去咬了那个饵
so I willingly went after the bait,
然后我们就落入陷阱了
and we got caught together in a trap.
你对哈泽尔的看法难道不是 她是一个
Isn't your view of Hazel that she was someone
比较单纯 容易控制的人吗
who was fairly simplistic and was easy to control?
我们对于那些容易被诱导的人
We have this wrong perception
有一种错误的认识
of people who are easily led,
有些人通过伪装和诡计 来显得很无辜
people who have the disguise and the guile to appear innocent.
哈泽尔用来形容自己的一个词就是
A word Hazel used about herself is,
"我很柔软"
"I'm just soft,"
但那正是哈泽尔在我面前的一种巨大的假象和骗局
but that's part of the huge deception that I was under about Hazel.
所以你的意思是 你并没有控制这一切
Are you saying therefore that no, you didn't control this?
我最不愿意做的
The last thing I want to do
就是让哈泽尔遭受苦难
is make things worse for Hazel...
不过该受的惩罚不能免
than she deserves,
但是控制是很复杂的东西
but control is a very complex thing,
如果说我在某一方面处于控制地位
so if I was controlling in one area,
哈泽尔就是在控制另一方面
Hazel was controlling in another.
那就像是控制和操纵之间的博弈之舞
'It was a dance between control and manipulation,
两个人一起在跳华尔兹
two people waltzing together in time.'
我可能是作为领舞的
I may have been the lead partner,
但她也丝毫不落后
but she was not dragging her feet.
她与我步调一致 十分和谐
'She was in step and in harmony.'
难道不是大家都跟着你的步调而舞吗
Is it not that everybody dances to your tune?
对科林·霍威尔最棒的
What's best for Colin Howell