剧集 | 最响亮的声音 | 导航列表
想来点蛋糕吗
Want some cake?
不用了
No, I'm fine.
那是洛雷托圣母之家
That's Our Lady of Loretto.
我周日在那演奏管风琴
I play organ there on Sundays.
教堂的会众都很好
It's a wonderful congregation.
你以后应该来和我们一起做弥撒
You'll have to come to Mass with us.
我当然愿意 艾尔斯夫人
It would be my pleasure, Mrs. Ailes.
乔 我们就要一起共事了
Joe, we're going to be working together.
叫我贝丝吧
Call me Beth.
好的 贝丝
Okay. Beth.
这里很漂亮 但是
It's beautiful here, but...
这个地方需要一个强有力的
you know, there needs to be a strong conservative voice
保守派声音
in this town.
罗杰和我非常希望你和报社
Roger and I have high hopes that you and the paper
能成为那个声音
can be that voice.
我会尽全力的 艾尔
I'll do my best, Mrs., um--
贝丝 贝丝
Beth. Beth.
很好
Good.
到了
There it is.
我们要把这家小报社
We're gonna turn this little paper
变成一流的 配得上艾尔斯的名字
into a top-flight operation worthy of the Ailes name.
各位
Everyone,
我来介绍一下 这位是乔·林斯利
I want to introduce Joe Lindsley.
乔是我们家的老朋友
Joe is an old family friend,
我们刚刚请他来担任主编
and we have just hired him to be the new editor in chief.
乔会推出一些变革措施
Joe's gonna be implementing some changes
把报纸引领到一个新的方向上
and taking the paper in a new direction.
我们非常期待他的加入
We're very excited to have him on board.
你们也应该一样
And you should be, too.
我要说的是
Uh, uh, I just want to say, um,
很高兴能来这工作 我期待
I'm excited to be here, and I'm-I'm looking forward
认识你们每一个人
to getting to know each of you so, uh,
这样我们就能齐心合作
so that we can work together
把它办成一份伟大的报纸
and make this paper into something great.
想法很不错 谢谢你 乔
What a fine sentiment. Thank you, Joe.
那么
So...
员工是为你工作的 乔
The staff work for you, Joe,
不是与你合作
not with you.
我只是 我想
I just-- I thought, um...
我会记住这点的 艾尔斯夫人
I'll remember that, Mrs. Ailes.
贝丝
Beth.
毕竟我比你大不了几岁
After all, I'm not that much older than you.
这太让人兴奋了
This is exciting.
就像一段历史的起点
Like the first day of something special.
福克斯新闻在向白宫宣战
Uh, Fox News was undertaking a war against the White House
并且说 "白宫对待福克斯
and said, "The White House will treat Fox
就像对待敌人那样"
the way we would an opponent."
他们说得没错
They're right.
福克斯不是一家新闻电视网
Fox isn't a news network.
而是一家舆♥论♥组织
It's an opinion organization.
具有非常倾向性的舆♥论♥组织
A very one-sided opinion organization.
这是胡扯
This is bullshit.
这届的白宫仇视美国
This White House hates America,
仇视资本主义 仇视任何
hates capitalism, hate's anyone
不与他们的思维模式步调一致的人
who's not in lockstep with their way of thinking.
我们绝不能容忍♥他们
We're not gonna put up with them.
我们绝不能迎合这些混♥蛋♥
We're not gonna roll over for these fuckers.
每当他们提出一个话题
Every time they bring up a talking point,
我们就要去反驳
we're gonna counter it.
他们说"革新" 我们就说"社♥会♥主♥义♥"
They say "Progressive," we're gonna say "Socialist."
他们说"安全网" 我们就说"社会福利骗局"
They say "Safety net," we're gonna say "Welfare cheat."
他们说"卫生保健"
They say "Health care,"
我们就说"该死的死亡委员会"
we're gonna say "Fucking death panels."
尽力去散布这些讯息 社♥会♥主♥义♥
Just push the message. Socialist.
穆♥斯♥林♥ 非美国 不断强调这些观点
Muslim. Un-American. Just keep hitting those things
翻来覆去 不断强调
over and over again, keep hitting them.
我们甚至都没有任何证据来证明
You know, we don't even have any fucking proof
奥巴马是不是美国公民
that Obama is a citizen.
你有没有向特朗普提过这一点
Did you feed that to Trump?
他刚刚在《观点》里问到了
He was just on The View questioning
奥巴马的出生证明
Obama's birth certificate.
我们好像一起吃了个晚饭
We might have had a dinner.
这倒提醒我了 让唐纳德上《福克斯和朋友们》
Which reminds me, get Donald a spot on Fox & Friends.
他对收视率一直有帮助
He's always good for ratings.
他一直在散布消息说
You know he's been making noises about
他要再度竞选总统
running for president again.
那请他来上节目就更好了
Well, that makes it even better.
去你的 阿克塞尔罗德
Fuck you, Axelrod.
去他的吧
Fuck that guy.
-这房♥子真棒 -谢谢
- This place is amazing. - Thank you.
罗杰和我花了好多心血在上面
Roger and I spent a lot of time and effort making it just so.
他会送我回城里
Will he drive me back into the city,
还是说我要去坐火车呢
or should I get a train?
别傻了
Oh, don't be silly.
你就留在这和我们过周末
You'll stay with us for the weekend,
这样你就能周一一早
and that way you'll have a head start
开始你的第一天
for your first day Monday.
这样太麻烦你们了
Uh, I-I couldn't possibly impose.
怎么会呢 我们很高兴
Nonsense. It-- We'd be delighted.
你去后面
You're around back.
在楼下 泳池边的房♥间
Down the stairs. The pool house.
《言如其人》
罗杰·艾尔斯
亲爱的
一切尽在此书中
向美好未来致敬
罗杰
罗杰
Roger?
我想把我的新助理凯莉介绍给你
I wanted to introduce you to my new assistant, Carrie.
很荣幸见到您 艾尔斯先生
I'm honored to meet you, Mr. Ailes.
叫我罗杰就行
Just call me Roger.
劳丽说你是一颗冉冉升起的新星
Laurie tells me that you're a star on the rise.
我一直梦想着能上电视
Well, I've always dreamed of being on air.
劳丽说我应该把我的试播带给你
Uh, Laurie says I should give you my demo.
我们应该一起看
We should watch this together.
看看你有什么本事
Let's have a little look at what you got.
这是我的财产 我的地♥产♥ 我清楚我的权利
This is my property, my land. I know my rights.
你为什么不直接开车走人
Why don't you just drive the hell away
趁我还没把狗链子松开
before I let go of this leash.
我只是在做本职工作 艾尔斯先生
I'm just doing my job, Mr. Ailes.
是吗
Yeah?
那是集中营里
Well, that's what the guards
守卫说的话
in the concentration camps said.
早上好 艾尔斯先生
Good morning, Mr. Ailes.
什么狗屁分区 你敢相信这些屁话吗
Zoning bullshit. Can you believe this crap?
告诉我该如何利用我的土地
Trying to tell me what I can do with my land,
跟我说我不能砍树
how I can't cut down trees.
上帝创造出树木
God made trees
有两个用途
for two reasons:
建造房♥屋和制♥作♥棒球棍
build houses and baseball bats.
"在财产私有化的基础上
"Upon the foundation of private property,
才铸就了伟大的文明"
great civilizations are built."
罗素·柯克
Russell Kirk.
你今晚来我们家吃饭吧 乔
Why don't you come up to the house for dinner tonight, Joe?
-荣幸至极 先生 -很好
- I'd be honored, sir. - Good.
好孩子
Good boy.
我们是第一个
Well, you know, we were the first
在迈克·道格拉斯脱口秀上
to bring politicians onto daytime TV
请到政♥治♥家出席晨间电视节目
with The Mike Douglas Show.
我们有约翰逊夫人带我们参观白宫
We had Lady Bird Johnson do a tour of the White House.
克劳迪娅·阿尔塔·"小瓢虫"·泰勒·约翰逊
美国第36任总统林登·约翰逊的妻子
尼克松很难请 但我搞定他了
Nixon was a hard get, but I got him.
我请他的同一天 也请了埃及香妃
Same day I booked him, I booked Little Egypt,
剧集 | 最响亮的声音 | 导航列表