to have recourse to me must smack to you of disloyalty.
一点不错
Exactly.
我是这个家庭的一份子
I'm part of the family except that Edith,
除非普利斯伯瑞小姐因为不安而
Ms. Presbury, she was so upset that she,
班尼特先生 你更愿意疏远谁呢
Mr. Bennett, who would you prefer to alienate,
你未来的妻子还是她那著名的父亲?
your perspective wife or her celebrated father?
你让我陷入两难 都不是
You give me a choice of evils, neither.
那就多告诉我一些事实
Then furnish me with the facts
看我能不能帮助你
and I will see how I can help you.
你可以依赖我们两个的判断力
You may rely on the discretion of both of us.
好吧
Well.
比如说 你会不会把普利斯伯瑞小姐
Would you for example describe Ms. Presbury,
描述成一个敏感爱幻想的女孩?
as an impressionable, fanciful girl?
不 恰恰相反
No, quite the reverse.
那么爱丽丝墨菲小姐呢
Ms. Alice Morphy?
或许普利斯伯瑞教授和她订婚
Perhaps Professor Presbury's engagement to her
让你感到意外
came to you as something of a surprise.
毕竟他的年龄是她的三倍
He is after all three times her age.
选这件天鹅绒的?
And this velour?
我更中意
I prefer that one,
带白色羽毛的那一件
with the osprey feathers.
你能去问问他么
Could you ask him, do you think?
我父亲对他的兰花最自豪了
Father's extremely proud of his orchids.
我讨厌它们
I hate them.
它们是那么的
They're so,
怎么说呢 那么的不纯洁
oh I don't know, so impure somehow.
你去跟他说别再送兰花了 好么
Do please ask him not to send them anymore.
我就你这么一个好朋友了 求求你
There's a sweet friend, Edith, please?
- 你自己不能去说么 - 不
- Can you not ask him? - I couldn't.
我不敢 我很懦弱的
I dare not. I'm such a coward.
- 恩 - 求求你了
- Well. - Oh, please?
你比我要有个性的多
You've got so much more character than me.
跟他一样有很强的个性
You're as strong as he.
可是爱丽丝
But Alice,
如果你连这个都不敢对我父亲说
if you dare not ask this of my father
那结婚以后 你怎么去处理那些
how will you ever manage those deeper conflicts
即使是最幸福的婚姻中也会存在的冲突呢
that occur even in the happiest of marriages?
我不知道
Oh, I don't know.
我很害怕
I'm so frightened.
害怕和我父亲结婚?
Of marrying my father?
我想是的
I wish,
请别再问了
no, please don't ask.
我们别再谈这个了
Let's not speak of it.
你觉得这个怎么样?
What do you think of this one?
不论是普利斯伯瑞小姐还是我
Neither Ms. Presbury nor I
都认为她父亲对墨菲小姐的迷恋
consider her father's infatuation with Ms. Morphy to be
总的说来不是很合适
entirely appropriate.
有点极端
Rather excessive.
她的父母 对这门亲事也没有反对吗?
And her parents have no objections to the marriage?
教授是个受人尊敬的鳏夫
The professor is a respectable widower.
而且还很富有
And a wealthy man.
我什么时候能去拜访?
When may I call?
拜访?
Call?
去查看普利斯伯瑞小姐的窗口
To view Ms. Presbury's window,
亲自去判断
to determine for myself its accessibility
是否存在有人闯入的可能
and otherwise to an intruder.
明天早上11点可以么?
Shall we say 11:00 tomorrow morning?
教授那时会在学校里
Professor Presbury will be at his college.
那就没有问题了
That's of no matter.
我的请求完全合理
At present my inquiries are purely logistical.
我对教授从没有什么隐瞒的
I have never had any secrets from the professor.
班尼特先生
Mr. Bennett,
让我提醒你
let me refer you to your first question,
你事实上已经回答了我的第一个问题
which you have in fact answered.
比起你的雇主
You're more inclined to Ms. Presbury's party
你更倾向于普利斯伯瑞小姐一方
than you are to your employer's.
是的 我想是这样
Yes, yes, I dare say.
谢谢
Thank you.
再见
Good day.
再见
Good day.
福尔摩斯 你这是在刺探
Holmes, you're prying
一个受人尊敬的家庭的家务事
into the affairs of a perfectly respectable family.
为什么班尼特这么不情愿说出实情?
Why is Bennett so reluctant to tell the truth?
忠诚
Loyalty.
这是显而易见的
It is as plain as a pack staff.
但愿如此
Let us hope so.
但他却是被迫写信给我的
Yet he wrote to me under duress.
你注意到他的笔迹了么
You notice his handwriting,
字母T下笔很重
the crossing of the T's with such deep indentation?
还有他刚来的时候 努力要取消这件事
And then upon his arrival his endeavors to call the whole thing off,
不 这件事可不是看上去的这么简单
no, there's more to this than meets the eye.
我不同意
I do not agree.
杀鸡焉用宰牛刀
This case is unworthy of you.
我得回诊所去了
I must return to my surgery.
或许明天再见喽
Maybe I'll see you tomorrow.
父亲
Father?
亲爱的
My dear.
我想你昨晚睡得好点了吧?
I trust you slept better?
哦 是的
Oh, yes.
昨晚我搬到客房♥去睡了
Last night I moved to the guest bedroom.
没这个必要
Oh, no need surely.
那只是场噩梦
It was but an ugly dream.
父亲 爱丽丝要我
Father, Alice has asked me,
什么?
Yes?
实际上她根本不喜欢兰花
The truth is she does not care for orchids.
她不喜欢?
She doesn't?
那她为什么不说呢
Well, why did she not say so?
她不敢说
Well, she was afraid to.
您不知道您是多么令人畏惧
You forget how formidable you are father.
傻女孩
The silly girl.
那她会收到玫瑰的
Well, then she shall have roses.
两打红玫瑰
Yes, two dozen red roses.
罗伊昨晚很安静
Roy was quiet enough last night.
别激怒它 先生
Not to rouse him, sir.
它本来很温顺的
Docility itself...
好吧
All right,
它会适应这些锁链的
He's grown accustomed to his shackles.
可怜的家伙
The poor beast.
我们可以上去么
Shall we go up?
如果普利斯伯瑞小姐不反对的话
If Ms. Presbury has no objection.
我明白必须这么做
I understand the necessity.
我们来带路吧 亲爱的
Let us lead the way my dear.
我很高兴你今天恢复正常了 华生
I'm glad you're more yourself today, Watson.
你昨天简直像是头熊
You were a veritable bear yesterday.
或许有点脾气不好
A touch liverish perhaps.
就是这出现了人影?
This is where the figure appeared?
是的
Yes.
没有什么梯子
There's no ladder on the premises
能伸到这个高度吧
that could reach this height?
没有
No.
窗子是半开着的?
Was the window ajar?
是的 我把门锁了
Yes, I keep the door locked.
他的手碰到窗玻璃了么?
Did the hand touch the windowpane?
我不知道
I don't know.
我晕过去了
I fainted.
你当然会的 当然
Of course you did, of course you did.
这是令人生畏的高度
Well, that's a formidable elevation,
尽管常春藤很牢固
yet the ivy's strong, Hedera Helixis,
但在那还是给扯断了
torn away just here.
普利斯伯瑞小姐 你父亲提前回来了
Ms. Presbury, your father has returned prematurely.
哦 不
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表