福尔摩斯探案集 第5季第5集
噢 天哪
Oh, my dear.
最亲爱的
My dearest.
我警告过你 我说过
I warned you, I said,
千万不要走近悬崖
do not go to near the edge.
你为什么推我 巴伦?
Why did you push me Baron?
我亲爱的太太 你是在做梦呢
Dear wife, you're dreaming.
不 你撒谎… 撒谎
No.You're lying.
噢 我亲爱的
Oh, my darling.
显贵的主顾
有什么激动人心的事吗 福尔摩斯?
Anything stirring Holmes?
我了解的就这么多
I know no more than this.
也许是一个自大的傻胖子
There may be some fatty self-important fool,
也许是一件生死攸关的事情
it may be a matter of life or death.
嗯 你同意会面了?
Mmm, you grant this interview?
我已经确认过了
I've already confirmed it.
对于这个人你有什么了解吗?
Do you know anything of the man?
只知道陆军上校詹姆斯达米里爵士
Only that the name Colonel Sir James Damery
是一个家喻户晓的名字
is a household word in society.
我可以告诉你更多
I can tell you a little bit more than that.
他擅长处理棘手而微妙的事情
He has rather the reputation
因而名声在外
for arranging delicate matters,
这些事情是不为媒体所知
which are to be kept out of the papers.
他举世闻名 在外交方面天赋过人
He's a man of the world with a natural turn for diplomacy.
所以我们可以认为
And then, therefore to hope
这不是一个错误的警报
it is not a false scent,
他应该真的需要我们的帮助
that he has some real need of our assistance.
我们?
Our?
嗯 华生 要是你能好心帮帮忙的话
If you'll be so good Watson.
我很荣幸
I shall be honored.
那么在四点半以前
Then until four-thirty o'clock
我们可以暂时把这事抛在脑后了
we can put the matter out of our heads.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes,
这次我们要对付的是欧洲最危险的人
we are dealing on this occasion with the most dangerous man in Europe.
我曾经有几个对手
I've had several opponents
也可以被冠之以这样的称呼
to whom that flattering term has been applied.
他是一个暴徒
A man to whom violence is familiar
杀人不眨眼
and who will literally stick at nothing.
您不抽烟吗?
Do you smoke?
请原谅我抽烟
Excuse my pipe.
要是您说的这个人
But if your man is more dangerous
比已故的莫里亚蒂教授还要危险
than the late Professor Moriarty,
那他就真值得会上一会了
he's indeed worth meeting.
他叫什么呢?
May I ask his name?
您听说过巴伦 格鲁纳吗?
Have you ever heard of Baron Gruner?
那个奥地利的杀人犯?
The Austrian murderer?
那么您已经把他列为杀人犯了?
So you've already sized him up as a murderer?
我们的业务就是关注欧洲大♥陆♥各种罪案
It is our business to follow the details of Continental crime.
在斯普拉根隘道那起所谓的事故中
I'm sure that he killed his wife
正是他杀了他的妻子
when that so called accident happened
对此我毫不怀疑 就像亲眼所见一般
at the Splugen Pass as if I'd seen him do it.
我还肯定
Just as I am certain
是他除掉了唯一的目击证人
that he disposed the only witness,
那个无辜的牧童
that innocent shepherd boy.
巴伦 格鲁纳现在在英国
Baron Gruner is now in England.
他听说他就住在金斯顿附近?
Residing near Kingston I'm informed?
没错
That is so.
我想您应该
Might I also suppose
也听说过梅维尔将军的名字吧?
you will have heard of General Merville?
他以前是个风云人物
Khyber Pass fame.
是的
Indeed,
梅维尔将军有个女儿叫维奥莱特
General Merville has a daughter, Violet.
年轻 富有 多才多艺
Young, rich, accomplished,
不管从哪方面看 都是个非凡的女孩儿
a wonder woman in every way.
她是个单纯的孩子
It is she an innocent
我们要努力把她从那个魔鬼手里救出来
we are endeavoring to save from the clutches of this fiend.
他控制着她吗?
He has some hold over her?
福尔摩斯先生 对女人最有力的控制就是
The strongest of all where women are concerned, Mr. Holmes.
哈 爱情
Ah, love.
对极了
Exactly.
亲爱的 要是我娶了你
In marrying you, my darling,
我过去的罪恶就可以得到宽恕了
all my past sins shall be absolved.
你告诉我的那些并不是什么罪恶
These aren't sins you've told me of.
那些都是诽谤
These are slanders.
我的天使
My angel.
跟所有伟人一样 你当时被诱入歧途了
You were seduced, as are all great men.
然而我还是决定让你知道我的过去
Yet I am determined you shall know my history,
详详细细地
every part of it.
那样的话 当我步上圣坛
Thus shall I come to the altar
心境澄明
purified in soul and spirit
最终我才对得起你的爱 对吧?
and worthy at last of your love?
不过是六个星期
Just six weeks,
噢 阿德尔伯特
Oh Adelbert.
我不能假装过去清白无暇
I cannot pretend my past is without stain.
没有一个出身贫困
No man born in poverty
而又白手起家的人可以那样说
who has created his own fortune
说实话吧 不是的
can say that and speak the truth, oh, no.
我曾经被迫做出不少无情的事情 亲爱的
I have been forced to many a ruthless act, my dear.
我该从哪儿说起呢?
Where shall I begin?
福尔摩斯先生 看到有人
To observe, Mr. Holmes, an atrocious event,
就在您眼前谋划着一起残忍♥的罪行
preparing itself before your very eyes
却无力改变它
and yet be powerless to avert it.
还有任何人面对过
Could anyone, any human being
比这更难受的事情吗?
be placed in a more trying position?
也许没有
Perhaps not.
那么您应该能够同情 我当事人的处境
Well then you will sympathize with the client in whose interest I am acting.
我不明白
I did not understand
您居然只是中间人
that you were merely an intermediary,
那谁是委托人呢?
who is the principal?
我恳求您不要问这个问题
I beg of you not to press that question.
他的名字不能被牵扯进来
His name cannot be dragged into this matter.
他的动机是非常高尚的
His motives are to the last degree honorable
但是他不想让别人知道
but he prefers to remain unknown.
而您的费用是不成问题 我可以保证
I need not say that your fees will be assured,
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes.
而且您不会受到任何约束
And you will be allowed a free hand.
委托人的名字又有何相关呢?
Surely the actual name of your client is immaterial.
我只能拒绝您的要求了
I must decline to act,
詹姆斯爵士 我很抱歉
Sir James, I'm sorry.
我习惯了案件本身的迷雾重重
I'm accustomed to having mystery at one end of my cases
但连您这边也是 未免太让人困惑了
but to have it at both ends is too confusing.
不行
No.
您让我太为难了
You place me in the most serious dilemma.
福尔摩斯先生
Dare I say, Mr. Holmes,
我得说您没有意识到您这样做的后果
you hardly realize the affect of your own action.
我保证过
I have given my word
不泄露我当事人的名字
not to reveal the identity of my client.
能否允许我至少把可以讲的事 先告诉您?
May I at the least lay all I can before you?
您必须明白
It is understood.
我没有做出任何承诺
I commit myself to nothing.
那是当然 我明白
But of course, yes, yes.
画得太像了
A perfect likeness.
是谁画的?
Who painted it?
因斯布鲁克的汉斯
Hans of Innsbruck,
他是雕刻家克劳斯的后代 以雕刻铜像而著称
a descendant of Claus the sculptor famous for his bronzes
就像这尊
such as this.
我将委托汉斯来为你 画一幅肖像 我亲爱的
I shall commission Hans to attempt your likeness, my precious.
我爱这个房♥间
I love this room.
到处都有你的气息
It breathes of you.
这是什么呀?
What's this?
你的日记吗?
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表