Sticking up a station from time to time
或是在路上打劫从矿区来的货车
or stopping the wagon on the road from the diggings.
他们管我叫"巴勒拉特的黑杰克"
They called me Black Jack of Ballarat.
我想那里的人至今还记得
I believe they still remember the Ballarat gang
"巴勒拉特帮"
in the colony.
货车司机就是麦卡锡
The wagon driver was McCarthy
而我饶了他一命
and I spared him.
滚
Get out of it!
继续 跑啊
Go on, shift!
别烦着我 快点
Do a Botany! fast!
我们拿着金子跑了
We got away with the gold.
麦克和我都成了有钱人
And Mac and I were wealthy men
爬到了梦想的巅峰
beyond the dreams of Everest.
我们…
There was...
我们…
There was...
我们成了悬赏通缉的对象
There was a price on our heads.
我决定到英格兰来
I decided to make for England.
我决心安定下来
I determined to settle down
过一种平静而受人尊重的生活
to a quiet and respectable life.
我买♥♥下了这处庄园
I bought this estate
包括这整个村子 甚至这个旅馆
that included the whole village even this inn is mine.
我开始用我的钱做一些好事
I set myself to do a little good with my money
对我所作所为做出弥补
to make up for the way in which I'd earned it.
我结了婚而我的妻子年纪轻轻就去世了
I married and then my darling wife died young.
她给我留下了亲爱的小爱丽丝
She left me my dear little Alice.
你可以说我是个幸福的人
I was a happy man you might say,
直到麦卡锡控制了我
until McCarthy laid his grip upon me.
他一路跟踪我
He followed my trail,
他刚到这儿来的时候
when he first came here,
还光着脚丫 衣不遮体
he'd hardly a coat to his back or a boot to his foot.
"我们来了 杰克" 他说
"Here we are, Jack," he said,
"你可以收留我们"
You can have the keeping of us,
"我和我的小男孩"
me and my little boy,
"要是你不愿意"
and if you don't,
"英格兰可是个法制国家"
England is a fine law-abiding country
"警♥察♥总是随便就能找到一个"
and there's always a policeman handy.
我就只好束手待毙 被他敲诈
I was a sitting duck for blackmail.
根本摆脱不了他
There was no shaking him off,
没完没了
there was no rest,
不得安宁
no peace,
不能忘却
no forgetfulness.
无论我去到哪里
Turn there I would,
都能看到他那张狡猾狞笑的脸
there was his cunning, grinning face at me elbow.
他一定要得到他想得到的东西
Whatever he wanted he must have
而不管他要什么
and whatever it was
我都得无条件地给他
I gave him without question.
土地 金钱 房♥子
Land, money, houses
直到最后他又提出了一个我不能满足的要求
until at last he asked the thing I could not give.
他想要爱丽丝
He asked for Alice.
他的儿子和我的女儿一起长大
His son and my girl had grown up.
他知道我身体不佳
He knew I was in weak health.
对他来说要是他儿子能接管所有财产
It seemed a fine stroke to him that his son
那可是再好不过
should step into the whole property.
我坚决反对
There I was firm.
我不会让他那该死的血统
I would not have his cursed stock
来玷污我们家的血脉
mixed with mine.
倒不是我不喜欢那孩子
Not that I had any dislike for the lad,
可是他身上流着他父亲的血
but his father's blood was in him
这就够了
and that was enough.
我立场坚定
I stood firm.
麦卡锡威胁我
McCarthy threatened,
我说他用最毒辣的手段也吓不倒我
I braved him to do his worst.
我们约好在两家之间的湖边见面
We arranged to meet at the Mirror,
把事情说清楚
halfway between our two houses to talk it over.
按我说的去做
Do as you're told.
詹姆斯
James.
我听着他的话
As I listened to his talk all that was
心里所有的愤恨越来越强烈
black and bitter seemed to come upper most
他催促他儿子娶我的女儿
and he was urging his son to marry my daughter
丝毫没有顾及她的感受
with as little regard for what she might think
活活把她当成了街上卖♥♥身的妓♥女♥
as a slut from off the streets.
我们以前就谈过这个
We have been through all this before.
按我说的去做 小子
Do as I tell you, boy,
你这该死的不听话的小杂种
you damn disobedient little bastard.
一想到我和我心爱的一切
It drove me mad to think that I
将落入这个人的魔爪
and all that I held dear
我都快疯了
should be in the power of such a man.
这是我的生活
It's my life
我要按我的方式去过
and I'm going to run it the way I like.
我快死了 也没什么指望了
I was a dying and desperate man.
如果我能让这张邪恶的嘴巴永远闭上
If I could silence that foul tongue I could still
那我还能挽救我 和我的家庭在这个溪谷里的名声
save me and my family's reputation in this valley.
给我滚开
Get off out of it.
是我♥干♥的 福尔摩斯先生
I did it, Mr. Holmes,
再来一次 我还会这么干
and I would do it again.
虽然我罪孽深重
Deeply though I've sinned
但我也过了一辈子痛苦的日子做出了补偿
I've lived a life of martyrdom to atone for it.
如果让我的女儿
If my girl should become entangled
也经受我曾受过的痛苦
in the same meshes which held me
那我是绝对不答应的
was more than I could suffer.
我把他打倒了 心里一点也不后悔
I struck him down with no more compunction
他就是一只凶猛恶毒的野兽
than if he'd been some foul and venomous beast.
这就是事情的经过 先生们
That is the true story gentlemen
千真万确
of all that occurred.
对你的判决不是由我来做
It is not for me to judge you,
但是我希望 我们永远也不用经受这样的诱惑
but I hope that we may never expose to such temptation.
我也希望不用 先生
I pray not, sir.
我是个快要死的人了
I'm a dying man.
我患糖尿病很多年了
I've had the diabetes for years.
我的医生说 我是否能活上一个月都成问题
My doctor says it's a question of whether I shall live a month
而我想要死在自己家里
and I'd rather die under me own roof
而不是在监狱中
than in a jail.
不会的 不过麦卡锡必须获释
No, McCarthy must be got off, however.
老天助我
God help me but
不过我也不想那男孩受到伤害
I wouldn't let that young man come to harm.
我向你保证
I'll give you my word that I'd have spoken out
如果审判对他不利 我会说出真♥相♥的
if it went against him at the assizes.
很高兴听到你这样说
I'm very glad to hear you say so.
要不是为了我亲爱的女儿
I'd have spoken now
我现在就会把真♥相♥公诸于众
if it had not been for my dear girl.
这样会让她心碎的
It would break her heart.
她要是听到我被捕了 她会心碎的
It'll break her heart when she hears that I'm arrested.
不会到那个地步
It may not come to that.
我们不是警♥察♥
We're not the police.
我也不是政♥府♥的什么密探
I am no official agent.
我是应你女儿的要求来的
I'm here at your daughter's request.
- 爱丽丝?- 是爱丽丝
- Alice? - Alice.
那你打算怎么做?
Then what do you intend to do?
考虑到你的健康 我什么也不打算做
In view of your health, nothing.
你自己都意识到
You are yourself aware
你将去到更高的一级法庭
that you'll have to answer
来为你所做的事情承担后果
for your deed at a higher court than the assizes.
如果小麦卡锡被宣告有罪
If young McCarthy's condemned
我将不得不公开你的供词
I shall be forced to use this confession.
要是他被判无罪 那这份供词就永远不会被人看到
If not, it will never be seen by mortal eye
而不管你是否在世 你的秘密都将是安全的
and your secret whether you be alive or dead, shall be safe.
那么再见吧
Farewell then.
在你自己要离开人世的时候
Your own deathbeds when they come
当你一想到你曾给我带来的安宁
a little bit easier for a thought of the peace
你会死得更心安的
that you've given to mine.
噢 上帝啊 帮帮我们吧
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表