he has raised the conventions of a former era
上升到信仰的高度
to the status of a faith.
而说到自己
As for myself,
我注意到自己越来越漠视
I notice an increasing indifference
周围的秀色美景
to the natural beauty which lies about me.
我的思绪时常回到
My thoughts return constantly
弗朗西斯女士
to the Lady Frances.
她的一些事情
There is something about her life
会激起我的同情心
which prompts my sympathy,
一些我可以感受到的悲伤
some unhappiness I can sense
令我想把它们驱散
which I would dearly like to dispel.
我寄希望她的精神
It is to be hoped that her spirits
能随着她哥哥的来访而恢复
will be lifted by her brother's visit
不要再压抑
for she remains subdued
昨天与那陌生人的偶遇而产生的心情
from yesterday's strange encounter.
他是谁 福尔摩斯
Who is he,Holmes?
为什么他不希望自己被认出
Why does he not wish to make himself known?
到底是为什么
Why indeed?
华生 你真有份好心肠
Watson,you're a brick.
我来到这里 范妮 是想知道你的近况
I came here,Fanny,to see how you were,
而不是被说教
not to be lectured.
这不是说教而是请求
It's not a lecture,it's a request.
这听起来就像是说教
It sounds like a lecture.
其实很简单 我需要些钱
It's quite simple,I need some money.
就这样吗?
Just like that?
我想你又做得过分了 是不是
I suppose you've been overdoing again,haven't you?
我没有过分 约翰
I do not overdo it,John.
如果我花了太多
If I have ever overspent
你给我的那丁点零花钱
the wretched allowance you've given me,
那是因为有人需要帮助
it's because someone has been in need.
哦 是啊 你那著名的金子般的心
Oh,yes,your famous heart of gold,
除了那都是我的钱 现在也没了
except that it's my money,and there isn't any.
你是非常清楚的 没有了
You know perfectly well there isn't.
我们已经大不如前
The hall is falling to bits.
在东翼有了猫头鹰的家族
There's a family of owls in the east wing,
你自己想想吧
and you think.
现在又是什么呢
What is it this time?
帮助在伊斯灵顿身无分文的诗人
Helping penniless poets in Islington?
你只知道如何地残酷 是吧
You only know how to be cruel,don't you?
你什么时候在乎过我要什么
When have you ever cared for what I want?
我过去15年的岁月是如此可怜
The last 15 years of my life have been wretched
而现在 至少 我有机会
and now,at last,I had a chance
能做点什么事
to make something of it.
这难道对你没有任何意义吗
Doesn't that have any meaning for you?
下午好
Good Afternoon.
我看不出任何区别
I don't see what difference it makes.
区别就在于
The difference it makes
我一直都在被你指挥
is that I'm being told what to do.
你知道我讨厌这样
You know I loathe it.
问题是你从来就不听取意见
The trouble is you won't even take advice,
不是吗
will you?
一切都给了你
You've been offered everything.
却统统被你拒绝了
You've turned it all down.
给了我什么?
What have I been offered?
婚姻 美满的婚姻
Marriage,good marriages.
哈 哈 哈
Ha,ha,ha.
给一个有头衔的乡下人做免费的奴隶
To be the unpaid slave of a titled yokel
这种人连书都没看过一本
who hasn't even read a book,
以为巴♥赫♥(音乐家)是种小猎犬
who thinks Bach is something terriers do.
好吧 好吧
All right,all right.
你还有什么反对我的理由?
What have you got against me doing this?
有什么?
What?
我要远离这种可悲混乱的生活
I want to get out of this miserable mess my life is in
看在上帝的份上 让我做自己
to be my own woman,for God's sake,
让我过一段充实的日子
to fulfill just a portion of my life.
你为什么总是拖我的后腿
Why do you always hold me back?
好好想想 约翰
Think of it,John,
好好想想
think of it.
只要一笔钱
Just one payment.
就一次
One.
你就可以永远摆脱我了
You could see the back of me forever.
正如我们展示的骡子运输
The mule express as we have dubbed it
每个月会递送邮件
brings the mail once a month.
信件 当然了
Letters,of course,
来自基♥督♥图书馆的精神粮食
and food for the mind from the Library of Christ.
以及为我的人们带来健康的药品
And medicines for the well being of my flock
就是这群你们看到的站在楼外 临时钟楼下的人们
whom you may see here posing outside the mission below a temporary belfry.
在我向你们展示下一幅
When I show you the next picture
我教会中一名领导成员的照片时
of a leading member of my congregation,
你就会明白牧羊人和迷失的羔羊的寓言
you will understand how the parable of the shepherd and the lost sheep
为什么在我们的传教中改成了
has become transmuted in our teaching
牧人和迷失的美洲驼
into that of the llama herd and the lost llama.
最后是我们的教堂
And finally,our church,
虽然简陋 粗糙 破烂
humble as it is,rough and poor indeed,
我可以骄傲地说
I'm proud to tell you
上帝的言语
that the word of God
在其中被激♥情♥地宣讲
is preached as fervently within its walls
并收到了热烈欢快的响应
and is as joyously received there
正如在本土的大教堂里一样
as in any great cathedral here at home.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you,thank you.
正如我预料中的鼓舞人心
It was inspiring as I predicted.
我很遗憾地说施莱辛格少校 行程紧凑 马不停蹄
I regret to say that the rigors of his itinerary press hard upon Major Shlessinger
很快就要出发去怀特黑文
who will shortly be departing for Whitehaven.
就让我们为了他可敬的传教团开始募捐吧
We shall be taking up a collection on behalf of his estimable mission,of course.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
我是说你能自己补救
I mean that the remedy lies in your own hands.
怎么做?
How?
你知道该怎么做
You know how.
如果你是认真的 你会知道怎么做
If you're really serious,you'll know what to do,
该死
damn it.
我厌恶了你总是来求助于我
I'm sick of you coming to me
就为了这些疯狂的念头
with these crackpot notions.
你知道我的责任
You know my responsibilities.
如果你没有放弃所有给你的机会
If you hadn't thrown away all your chances,
也不会落到现在这个田地
you wouldn't be in this position now.
我已经受够了
Well,I've had enough.
你知道你该做什么
You know what you have to do.
成熟点 去做吧
Grow up and do it.
我最后的求助 这真的是我最后的求助
My last resort,my very last resort.
你怎么能这么说
How can you suggest it.
马夫
Groom.
马夫
Groom.
你到底在哪里
Where the devil are you?
施莱辛格先生的见面会 是在哪个房♥间举♥行♥
In which room is Mr. Shlessinger's meeting taking place?
我恐怕见面会已经在 半小时前结束了 女士
I am afraid the meeting finished half an hour ago,madam.
施莱辛格先生即刻就要 动身去怀特黑文
Mr. Shlessinger will have left for Whitehaven by now.
哦 是的
Oh,yes.
是的 我忘记了
Yes,I've forgotten.
谢谢
Thank you.
弗朗西斯女士
Lady Frances.
别来纠缠我
Leave me alone.
抱歉
Excuse me.
你 先生
You,sir.
无容置疑
I've no doubt
你会告诉我这是无谓的担心 福尔摩斯
you will tell me my fears are unfounded,Holmes,
但那个人的反复出现
but the repeated appearance of this man
已经为她的生活蒙上了阴影
has cast a shadow over her life
无论她多努力还是无法摆脱
which try as she might she cannot lift.
"厄梅里亚号♥上的悲剧
罗森布鲁姆家族继承人溺水身亡"
晚报 福尔摩斯先生
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表