I am one, my daughter is not,
巫师大会证实了她没有法力
she's been certified as non- magical by the Moot.
所以我想知道你们有什么证据
So I'd like to know what basis you have for suggesting- -
有人拿出一份录像
Video evidence has come to light.
什么内容 能让我看看吗
Showing what? May I see it?
我想先给哈珀看
I'd prefer to show it to Harper first.
她什么时候回家
When will she be home?
我不知道
I've no idea.
我会告诉她你想和她谈谈
I'll tell her you'd like to speak to her.
我想这样对大家都好
I think that'll be in everyone's interest.
鉴定科用完杰克的手♥机♥后
Forensics will give us a shout
会告诉我们的
when they're done with Jake's phone.
这是要去哪儿
We off somewhere?
去找学校校长谢丽尔·李
Cheryl Lee, school principal.
我想问问她对某些学生的看法
I could use her perspective on some of these kids.
我知道这地方
I recognize this place.
我以前肯定来过
I'm sure I've been here before.
伊莎贝尔
Isabelle?
我们想见见你母亲
We're here to see your mum.
哪一个 我有两位母亲
Which one? I have two.
伊兹
WOMAN: Izzy?
你怎么起来了
Why are you up?
我只是想喝口水
I'mjust getting some water.
去吧 喝完就回床上去 宝贝
Go on, back to bed poppet.
她得了病毒感染 小可怜
Viral infection, poor love.
其实我想见见你妻子
It's actually your wife I wanted to see.
谢丽尔去学校了
Cheryl's in school,
她在为孩子们做悲伤辅♥导♥
she's sorting out grief counselling for the kids.
我能帮到什么吗
Can I help?
或许吧
Possibly.
我们想对一些孩子的
MAGGIE: So we're just trying to get some context
说法做些深入了解
for some of the kids'statements.
你认识雅各布·博尔特吗
How well do you know Jacob Bolt?
谁不认识杰克呢
Everyone knows Jake,
想要做个酷盖 就加入他们的小团伙
desperate to look cool, be one of the gang.
他和丹关系很好吗
And, uh, close to Dan?
杰克或许这样想吧
In Jake's head yeah,
说是有些迷恋也不为过
probably had a bit of a crush.
那丹不介意吗
And Dan didn't mind?
丹已经习惯了
Dan was used to it,
他从小到大受尽宠爱 被他的妈妈 同学
he grew up being adored, by his mum, by his mates,
被我们所有人 说真的
by all of us, actually.
那哈珀呢
What about Harper?
有些人会说她这个人很复杂
Some people have called her complicated.
我妻子也这样想 不过我不这样认为
Yes, including my wife, but I have to disagree.
谢丽尔觉得哈珀很聪明 却不用心
Cheryl thinks Harper's bright but doesn't apply herself.
那你觉得呢
What do you think?
我觉得她的人生都陷在未能继承妈妈的衣钵
That her life has been blighted by her failure
的阴影之中无法自拔
to take after her mum.
她真的没有吗
And she definitely doesn't?
你知道那次测试吧
Obviously you know about the test.
那个巫术测定吗
MAGGIE: The determination.
在孩子13岁时进行
Done on the child's 13th birthday
结果会被收录进巫师大会PMA数据库中
and the result's measured with the Moot PMA database.
魔法能力人士
"Persons of Magical Ability".
我查过 没有哈珀
Yeah I checked it, no Harper.
那不就好了
Well, there's your answer.
谢谢
Thanks.
还有一件事
Oh, um, one, one other thing.
或许和此事无关 只是谢丽尔提到过
It's probably not relevant, just something Cheryl mentioned.
她怀疑哈珀可能有自残行为
She wondered if Harper had been self- harming.
她有看到过伤痕吗
Did she see any injuries?
没有 我也没看到过
No, no, and neither had I,
但哈珀突然开始遮遮掩掩的
but Harper started covering up,
穿长袖上衣
wearing long sleeve tops.
丹作为男友控制欲强吗
Was Dan a controlling boyfriend?
就我所知不是
Not that I know of.
谢谢了
Thanks.
不是我疯了
MAGGIE: So I'm not going mad.
我六年前来过这里
I was here six years ago.
是的 有尖叫声
Yes, there were screams,
所以我理解邻居们都很担心
so Ican see why the neighbors were concerned,
不过真的没什么 大家都没事
but, honestly it's fine, everyone's fine.
多谢你来查看 警官
Thanks so much for checking up, officer.
我们真的很感谢 不过我儿子很好
We really do appreciate, but my son's fine.
有人能解释下发生什么了吗
Would someone like to explain what happened?
丹 你来说吧
Uh, Dan, do you feel up to it?
行啊 我在楼上和伊兹 哈珀 还有小碧
Sure. I was upstairs watching a movie
一起看电影
with Izzy, Harper and Bea.
我下楼去拿果汁 然后就绊倒了
I went downstairs to get some juice, and I tripped.
我们听到有坠落声
JULIA: We heard something fall,
就跑进来 看到丹倒在楼梯下
ran inside and Dan was at the bottom of the stairs.
没动静 我就尖叫起来
Not movingI just screamed.
然后他很快就醒来了
Then very quickly he came to.
站起来开始说话
Sat up, started talking.
有受伤吗
Any injuries?
我检查了个遍 没有受伤 连一个淤青都没
I checked him over but no, not even a bruise.
我丈夫是名医生
My husband's a doctor.
这个年龄的孩子
Kids at that age,
身体素质好得很 不是吗
they just sort of bounce, don't they?
那就看好这名小伤员吧
Well, keep an eye on the wounded soldier.
和现在这起案子有什么关联吗
Any relevance to the present case?
没什么明显联♥系♥
No obvious connection.
想吃点什么吗
Anything to eat?
我们得聊聊
We need to talk.
就不能等等吗 -哈珀
HARPER: Can it wait? SARAH: Harper?
坐下
Sit down.
阿比盖尔刚才来了
Abigail was here earlier.
她说有人向警♥察♥举证
She told me someone's gone to the police and testified
说是你造成了丹的死亡
...that you were responsible for Dan's death.
什么鬼
What the fuck?
我去了警♥察♥局 告诉他们这是无稽之谈
I've been to the station, I've told them it's crazy.
这怎么可能和你有关
Why on earth would you be involved?
不过 警♥察♥希望能和你谈谈
But...of course the detective wants to talk to you again.
我根本没在丹坠落的地方
I was nowhere near Dan when he fell.
我在楼梯上 他在楼梯口
I was on the stairs, and he was on the landing.
这不是重点
That's not the point.
目击证人说
The witness says
你是用巫术做的
you did it by witchcraft.
我怎么可能用巫术呢
And how exactly did I manage that?
大家都知道我没通过女巫测试
Everybody knows I flunked the witch test.
没那么简单
It's not that simple.
你没通过巫术测定
Your failed right of determination
不能在法庭上证明你的无辜
can't be used in court to prove your innocence.
为什么
Because?
因为根本就没有证人
Because there were no witnesses.
只有我和巫师大会在场
Just me and the Moot.
而你是女巫
And you're witches,
所以你自然会为我打掩护
so naturally you're gonna cover for me,
因为所有人都知道女巫从来都是狡猾阴险的
because everyone knows that witches are so devious
所以不管你有多循规蹈矩 你都是邪恶的
and no matter how much you toe the line you're basically evil.
倒也不至于吧
I wouldn't say that.
那是因为你一直循规蹈矩
That's because you do toe the line,
可却没人因为这个尊重你
and no one respects you for it.
他们在一定程度上会容忍♥你 但不会更多了
They tolerate you to a point, but no further
因为只要他们想找人背锅的时候
because the moment they need someone to blame.
为什么我们不能
Well, why can't we do the right again,
在郡里所有警♥察♥面前再演示一遍
in front of every cop in the county?
那也没有用
It still wouldn't count.
女巫仪式在英国法律中没有地位
A witch rite has no standing in English law.
真行