Going out?
我还想着我们在家待着 让彼此开心起来呢
I thought we'd stay in and try and cheer each other up.
不用了 谢谢
I'm good, thanks.
哈珀 -嗯
Harper? Yeah.
这事是跟一个录像有关吗
What's this about a tape?
丹在派对上的遭遇
Of Dan at the party.
那怎么了
What, what about it?
你怎么从没提过
How come you didn't mention it?
因为那种事
Because it's so the kind of thing
才不是能对妈妈说出口的
that you brag about to your mum.
你是说 录像里的人是你
You, you mean it's you?
和丹吗
With Dan?
哈珀 你在想些什么啊
Harper, what were you thinking?
听着 我完全尊重你做任何事的意愿
Look I, I totally respect your right to do
可如果你录了那样的东西
whatever you want, but when you make that kind of material,
落到了错误的人手里
and it gets into the wrong hands- -
妈
Mum!
你有时候真是没眼力见
God, you can be so clueless sometimes.
杰克 我知道你和他关系很好
Jake, I know you loved him
我知道你想要一个解释 可这不是真的
And I know you want explanations, but this isn't it.
哈珀没有做女巫的天赋
Harper doesn't have the gift.
她就是想要你这样认为
That's what she wants you to think.
这是真的
That's what I know.
莎拉是我最亲密的朋友 当她发现
Sarah's my closest friend, and when she found out
哈珀没有魔法时 她简直绝望透了
Harper didn't have magic, my god, the devastation.
我不想给你看这个
Look, I didn't wanna have to show you this.
这是什么
What is it?
一段视频 就是派对上发生的事 还有丹的遭遇
A video, what happened at the party and Dan.
不 不
No, no, I
我没办法面对这个
I don't think I could face it.
我理解
I understand.
不
No, I
不 我要看看
No, I need to see it.
你看到了
You saw it, though.
你在莎拉的女巫团里
You're in Sarah's coven.
你知道女巫那一套
You recognize that witch stuff-
她们施法时的手势
the waving the hands, casting a spell.
他就是这样死去的
That's what killed him.
可是为什么
But why?
她为什么要这样做
Why would she do that?
因为他甩了她
Because he ditched her,
她想要复仇 仅此而已
and she wanted revenge, end of.
阿比 你还好吧
Abbie, you okay?
快进来
SARAH: Come in.
这是什么
SARAH: What is it?
发生什么了
What's happened?
警♥察♥有了新的证据
The police have new evidence.
他们说
They're saying...
丹是被谋杀的
Dan was murdered.
阿比 这简直太可怕了
Oh, Abbie, that- that's horrific.
他们知道是怎么回事吗
Do they know how?
或是谁干的
Or who?
他们说
They're saying...
凶手是哈珀
...it was Harper.
什么
What?
谁会说这样的话
Who would even say such a thing?
这怎么可能
How does it make any sense?
可 丹体型是她的两倍大
But...Dan was twice her size and;
而且是在一个派对上 当着大家的面 怎么可能
at a party in front of everyone, how on earth?
巫术
Witchcraft.
阿比
Abbie...
你知道那不可能的
Well, you know that's not possible- -
她没有巫术天赋
she doesn't have the gift.
有一位证人
There was a witness.
谁
Who?
你不能说
Someone you can't name.
一个喝的醉醺醺 磕嗨了的孩子
Some kid who was drunk or high.
他们应该为自己感到羞愧
They should be ashamed of themselves,
这只是让你徒增烦恼 -莎拉
causing you more upset when- - Sara.
这会是真的吗
Could it be true?
你是认真的吗
You're seriously asking me that?
跟我来
Come with me.
你看 没有符咒 没有咒语书
See? No charts, no spell books.
我知道 可
I know but...
阿比
Oh, Abbie.
她若能施法我会不知道吗
Don't you think I'd know?
那是我自己的女儿 我做梦也想她有这个天赋
My own daughter- - it was all I ever wanted for her.
可你能确定吗
But can you be sure?
那场仪式
The right
巫术测定仪式
The right of determination.
如果那出错了呢
But what if it was wrong?
从没错过
It's never wrong.
我的巫术测定仪式
My own determination,
是我这辈子最开心的一天
it was the happiest day of my life.
光芒在你体内绽放
To carry that light inside you.
所以你就能理解为何我如此希望她也可以
So you see why I wanted it so much for Harper...
她也一直都很想要
And she wanted it too.
有什么改变了呢
So what changed?
我不知道
I'll never know.
她不想要别人过去
She didn't want anyone there.
就你和我一起 她说
"Just you and me, "she'd say.
我很伤心
I was heartbroken
你不能加入
that you couldn't all be part of it- -
我的女巫团 最亲密的朋友们
my coven, my closest friends,
和我那时一样举♥行♥庆祝会
a celebration like my own.
要是她知道就好了
It was if she knew.
她没有这个天赋吗
That she didn't have the gift?
不
SARAH: No.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
一定是我哪里做错了
I must've done it wrong.
你做的很好 妈妈
You did it perfectly, mum.
巫师大会见证了一切
SARAH: The Moot witnessed it,
哈珀被登记为无法力
Harper's registered as non- magical.
他们自小一起长大
They grew up together.
丹就像家人 就和我们一样
Dan was family, like we're,
和我们所有人一样
all of us, beside ourselves.
我知道
I know.
我知道 可是
I know, but
丹死了
It's just Dan's dead,
我 我不知道他不在
and I, and I don't know how to live in a world
我还如何活下去
if he's not there.
你需要找到原因
And you need to make sense of it.
这是当然的
Of course you do.
但最有可能的解释是
But the most likely explanation
这是一场意外
is an accident.
抱歉 我太累了
I'm sorry, I'm overwrought.
告诉迈克尔 让他做点什么
Go and tell Michael to step up.
告诉他你需要他陪着你
Tell him he needs to be there for you.
你觉得他真的在乎我吗
Do you really think he cares?
他在乎别人怎么看他
He cares what people think about him.
总督察奈特
DCI Knight.
我是莎拉·芬恩
Sarah Fenn.
给
Here you go.
那不是丹的女朋友吗
Isn't that Dan's girlfriend,
那个刚去世的男孩儿
the boy who just died?
我知道我女儿被指控
Apparently my daughter's been accused
杀害丹·怀特霍尔
of killing Dan Whithall.
我只想澄清 哈珀不是女巫
Just to be clear, Harper is not a witch.
我知道你们的巫术是可继承的
I understood the gift was inherited.
不 我的祖母是女巫 我母亲就不是
No, my grandmother was a witch, my mother was not,
我是 我女儿不是