剧集 | 罗马帝国:鲜血的统治(2016) | 导航列表
你看这个
This.
“元老院宣布犒劳英勇的军团”
"The Senate hereby announces a gift to the brave legions..."
“元老院”?
The Senate?
这是哪里来的?
Where did this come from?
贴在广场上
It was posted in the forum.
这明明是我的赏赐
This was my gift.
上面却没有我的名字
My name is nowhere on here.
他们提议协助 然后做了这种事
They offer their assistance, and then they do this?
这下我的士兵们会觉得 他们的皇帝轻视他们的付出
Now my soldiers think their Emperor places no value on their service.
而只有元老院重视他们
That only the Senate honors them.
我必须做点什么
I have to do something.
我告诉你该怎么做
I'll tell you what you do.
让他们血溅街头
Let the streets run red with their blood.
告诉我要杀哪些人 我会亲自动手
Just tell me which ones, and I will see to it myself.
如果我们杀了他们…
If we kill them...
皇帝 让元老院血流成河 以此惩罚他们
Emperor. Punishing the Senate by spilling their blood
会传达一个强烈的讯息
would send a strong message,
但是市井会因此陷入混乱
but the streets would be in turmoil.
你才刚刚让帝国恢复和平
So soon after you have brought peace to the Empire.
人♥民♥不愿看到这般景象 -谁在乎那些人♥民♥想要什么?
It's the last thing the people want. -Who cares what the people want?
我在乎
I do.
我不是这个意思… -你很生气
Emperor, I did not mean to say--You're angry.
我们都很生气
We all are.
萨乌特鲁说得对
Saoterus is right.
我们必须换种方式解决问题
We must settle this another way.
我们必须…
We must--
我们必须反击 但不能见血
We must stab them back, but not to draw blood.
元老们爱什么胜过生命?
For what do Senators love more than life itself?
钱
Money.
这就是你的切入点
Then that's where you stick the knife.
很好
Good.
很好 -早上回来
Good. Come back in the morning.
对康茂德来说
For Commodus,
元老院的背叛无疑是挑战他的统治
the Senate's betrayal is a decisive move against his reign.
他知道 要想维持权力
And he knows to maintain his authority,
必须策划反击
he'll need to devise a counterattack.
要想了解罗马社会关系
Essential for understanding Roman social relations
关键就是了解恩庇与侍从的概念
is the whole idea of patron and client.
这些赐予罗马士兵的恩惠
So it was very, very important
至关重要
in the case of these donatives to Roman soldiers,
赏赐来自哪里?
where was the source they were coming from?
是来自皇帝还是元老院?
Was it coming from the Emperor or was it coming from the Senate itself?
先生们 最后
Finally, Gentlemen...
我要感谢你们协助
I would just like to thank you for the assistance you gave
安排我对士兵们的赏赐
in arranging my gift to the soldiers.
你还需要什么吗?
Should you need anything else?
你们选择的土地是帝国最好的土地
I've been told that the lands you chose are some of the finest in the Empire.
我的士兵们感激不尽
My soldiers are extremely grateful.
这对我们很重要
That means everything to us.
我一直在想 做出牺牲的不只有我们
I've been thinking...They're not the only ones who sacrificed.
皇帝 与英勇的军团相比 我们的牺牲微不足道
Emperor. Compared to the brave legions, our sacrifices have been minimal.
其实我说的是人♥民♥
I was actually speaking about the people.
我的意思是…
Well, what I meant was--
言下之意是
Is that this goes without saying.
人♥民♥在战争中做出了巨大的牺牲
The people made great sacrifices
给予了坚定的支持
and offered steadfast support throughout the war.
正是
Exactly.
所以我想可以有一种方式感谢他们
So I was thinking one way I could thank them...
举♥行♥一天的比赛
is to stage a day of games.
比赛? -是的
Games.
下个月第一个周六
Yes. On the first Saturday of next month.
隆重的角斗士比赛
A massive day of gladiator games...
开启帝国新的和平时代
ushering in a new era of peace in the Empire.
皇帝
Emperor...
请别把我们的沉默 误以为是不同意
Please do not mistake our reticence to imply disagreement.
人♥民♥值得一天的比赛
The people deserve a day of games
这一点毋庸置疑
and much more, without question.
不过容我说一句
But if I may speak freely...
当然
Of course.
在竞技场举办皇家比赛 哪怕是一天
Imperial games at the Coliseum,
也耗资不菲
even for a single day, are a costly undertaking.
八年战争后
And after eight years of war,
国库已经到了极限
the treasury has been stretched to the limit.
我理解
I understand.
必须透过征税筹钱
Money would surely have to be raised through taxation.
对观看比赛的人征税
And, well... To tax the people for the very games you are staging for them?
这样的话…
Well, it would be...
恕我直言 不能这么做
Unacceptable. If I may speak freely.
你说得对 狄奥
You're right, Dio.
不应该向人♥民♥征税
The people shouldn't be taxed.
我也不会向他们征税
And they won't be.
我会确保这些比赛的开支
I will see to it that these games are paid for.
我先走一步
Now, if you will excuse me.
康茂德向元老院发起了攻击
Commodus has launched a strike against the Senate,
要求赐予他的人♥民♥一份更丰厚的礼物 一整天的比赛
demanding an even larger gift for his people...a day of games.
最初的角斗士比赛 是精英阶级葬礼的一部分
First staged as part of funeral rites for the elite class,
逐渐成为深受罗马人欢迎的体育项目
gladiator games have become a popular spectator sport of the Roman people.
特点为暴♥力♥的争斗
Featuring violent fights...
以及公开处决
and public executions...
这被皇帝用作寻求支持的手段
used by emperors to gain support.
会有多人丧生
People would be put to death.
然后是疯狂的野兽表演
Then you had wild beast shows.
将异国他乡的动物放入竞技场
You had exotic animals released into the arena,
或许让它们互相残杀
maybe set against one another.
高♥潮♥是角斗士的搏斗
And then as the climax, you had a gladiatorial combat,
感觉角斗士们是领衔主演
and there was the feeling that gladiators were the headline act.
康茂德相信 举办一天精彩的角斗士比赛
By staging an elaborate day of gladiator games,
可以赢得罗马人的拥戴
Commodus believes he has a way to win over the Roman people...
同时削弱元老院的势力
while undercutting the Senate.
听起来不错 如果你要进一步讨论…
Well, that sounds fine.
狄奥 你听说了吗?
If you need to discuss it further-- - Dio. Did you hear?
没有 不过从你激动的程度来看…
No...-Judging from your state of agitation-
他骗了我们
He deceived us.
他? -皇帝
He? -The Emperor.
皇帝到底做了什么?
What exactly did the Emperor do?
他在向我们这些元老征税 用于举办比赛
He is taxing us, Senator. For the full cost of the games.
我知道了
I see.
这话简直太可笑了
What is so amusing about that?
“我会确保比赛的开支”
"I will see to it that these games are paid for!"
看来他负责的方式就是让我们买♥♥单
And it would seem he is doing just that. Paid for, by us.
你不打算做些什么吗?
And you are just going to stand there?
如果他父亲还活着 看到他这么做…
If his father were alive to see this disrespect--
我会遵从他的意见
I will give the Emperor his due.
进而言之 我觉得明智的做法就是大家都这么做
Going forward, I think it would be wise that we all did.
康茂德强迫元老院为比赛买♥♥单
By forcing the Senate to pay for his games,
从而成功报复
Commodus has secured his revenge.
然而昆提亚诺拒绝承认失败
But Quintianus refuses to admit defeat.
敬元老院
To the Senate.
我喝了
I'll drink to that.
这只是第一步
Well, this is just the first step.
我们要让元老院看看 如果与康茂德作对…
We need to show the Senate that if they cross Commodus again--
他们已经领教了
We already showed them that.
你觉得这就够了? -是的
And you think that's enough? -I do.
你以为他们不会反击?
And you think they won't respond?
谁在乎会不会反击?
Who cares if they respond?
你应该关注的不是他们
They're not who you should be focusing on.
皇帝 恕我直言 我… -让他说完
Emperor, with all due respect, I--Let him finish.
你返回罗马是有目的的
You came back to Rome for a reason,
不是为了和元老院周♥旋♥
not to play games with the Senate.
他们永远不会给你公平的待遇
They'll never give you your due.
剧集 | 罗马帝国:鲜血的统治(2016) | 导航列表