But putting together a million dollars in small bills,
但用小钱凑齐100万
that's a mean feat, Frank.
并非难事 弗兰克
Let me tell you something else.
让我告诉你一些别的事吧
The hoodlums who trade in this kind of terror
这些用恐怖行为来做交易的人
really make my skin crawl.
真让我毛骨悚然
You think you're gonna arrest me, don't you?
你们以为能抓到我 对吗?
Well, you're not!
那你们抓不到!
'Cause I got the gun now.
因为我现在有枪了
And I'm gonna kill all of you, one by one.
然后我要杀光你们 一个接一个
Nice work, Frank.
干得漂亮 弗兰克
What? Al?
什么? 阿尔
I want you to throw a dragnet around the entire lakefront district.
我要你在整个湖边区域 布下天罗地网
Call Tactical, have them send you a few more backup units.
通知战术部 让他们给你多发点后援装备
Right away, sir.
这就去 长官
By the way, Al, you're out of uniform again.
对了 阿尔 你又穿便服了
Regulation headgear only. You know that.
只能戴正规的帽子 你知道的
Sorry, Captain.
抱歉 队长
You know, Frank,
你知道 弗兰克
the fate of Terri Burton rests on our finding a foghorn,
泰瑞·伯顿的命运 就看我们能否找到雾角
a ringing buoy and one scared girl.
浮标和受惊女孩
One, two, three...
1 2 3...
Now, police investigation involves
现在 警方的调查涉及到
meticulous attention to detail
对细节一丝不苟的关注
and tireless attention to every clue
对每条线索孜孜不倦的关注
and the path to which it leads.
还有其指引的路线
The sound of a buoy or foghorn on the ransom tape
赎金磁带中 浮标或雾角的声音
led me to the lakefront, where interviews
引领我到了湖边
with several locals proved unsuccessful.
遇到了一些落选的当地人
We were working against a deadline, and with each passing minute,
我们在用流逝的每一分钟 与限期赛跑
Terri's destiny became more precarious.
泰瑞的命运变得更危险了
I had arrived at Police Squad
我赶到特警队后
when Warner Burton arrived.
沃纳·伯顿也赶到了
Captain Hocken, Lieutenant Drebin. Did you raise the ransom money?
霍肯队长 卓宾探长 你凑齐赎金了?
I have it right here. Good.
我拿过来了 很好
I'm getting nervous, Lieutenant. Time is running out for my little girl.
我太紧张了 探长 我女儿的时间不多了
I've got to know. Where is she? Where is she?
我得知道 她在哪儿?她在哪儿?
Gesundheit. Everything is fine, Mr. Burton.
祝你健康 一切都没问题 伯顿先生
Here, sit down, sit down. Relax. Coffee?
来 坐下 坐下 放松 咖啡?
Yes, I know.
是的 我知道
Well, now, Mr. Burton, we have men combing the entire lakefront area.
伯顿先生 我们已派人搜寻整个湖边区域了
If your daughter's close, we'll find her. The lakefront! My God!
如果你女儿在附近 我们会找到她的 湖边!我的天!
Do you know how big that area is?
你知道那区域有多大吗?
My daughter's a needle in a haystack! That's not true.
我女儿就像大海的一根针 不能这么说
I've seen a picture of her. She's very attractive.
我见过她的照片了 她很有魅力
Maybe a little thin.
也许是有点瘦
But don't you worry. We've got everything under control.
但你别担心 我们会控制局面的
Mr. Burton, we have men working around the clock
伯顿先生 我们已有人在夜以继日地
trying to locate your daughter.
设法锁定你女儿的位置
Warner Burton's fears were real.
沃纳·伯顿非常恐惧
Time was running out for Terri.
泰瑞的时间不多了
Ed and I drove around for hours for no particular reason.
我和艾德开着车 胡乱地转悠了几小时
We came up empty.
我们扑了个空
Fill her up.
加满油
Hey, Ed? Huh?
艾德?
You hear that? What?
你听到了吗? 什么?
The ring. Oh, that's just the gas station hose.
铃♥声♥ 那只是加油站的油管
No, no, no.
不 不 不
Sounds like the bell on Terri's tape.
听起来像是泰瑞磁带中的铃♥声♥
You mean, we've been looking in the wrong place?
你是说 我们找错地方了?
Exactly. Then what's the foghorn?
完全正确 那雾角是什么呢?
Don't think foghorn. You still got that tape
别想雾角了 你还带着
that Norberg gave you for Christmas? Yeah.
诺贝格在圣诞节给你的磁带吗?
It's in the glove compartment.
是的 在杂物箱里
That's not a foghorn. That's a tuba.
那不是雾角 而是大号♥
Right. Come on, Ed. We got a job to do.
没错 来吧 艾德 我们有活干了
We're gonna have to check every tuba rental, sales and repair shop in town
我们要检查镇里所有 租赁销♥售♥或维修大号♥的店
that's close to a filling station.
同时又离加油站很近
That's gonna be a mighty tall order, Frank.
这可能有点离谱 弗兰克
This city is the tuba capital of the world.
这城市是大号♥的世界之都
I know, Ed. It's the only chance we got.
我知道 艾德 这是我们唯一的机会
Ed, you find anything? No, nothing.
艾德 你找到什么了吗? 不 没有
Frank, we've been through hundreds of these.
艾德 我们找过几百条了
Acme Tuba, Tuba World, Tubas Are Us...
顶点大号♥ 大号♥世界 大号♥是我们...
Can you take a phone call, Captain? Not now, Al!
你能接一下电♥话♥吗?队长 现在没空 阿尔!
International House of Tubas, Tuba or Not Tuba,
大号♥国际公♥寓♥ 大不大号♥
Tuba Legation.
大号♥公使♥馆♥
Ah, we've come to a dead end, Frank.
我们进入死胡同了 弗兰克
I thought sure we'd come up with something by now.
我还以为一定能查出什么来
You're too hard on yourself, Ed. We've only got an hour to rescue Terri.
你对自己太苛刻了 艾德 我们只有1小时来营救泰瑞
You'd better check your sources, Frank. Find out what the word on the street is.
你最好找线人问问 弗兰克 看看有什么小道消息
Frankly, I think that's our only chance.
老实说 我认为那是我们唯一的机会
Johnny?
强尼?
Now, I need some information and I need it fast.
现在 我需要一些情报 迫在眉睫
You mean about this kidnapped girl, Terri Burton?
你是问那个被绑♥架♥的女孩 泰瑞·伯顿?
What do you know about tuba stores located near gas stations?
你知道位于加油站附近的大号♥商店吗?
Nothing.
不知道
But they just opened up a new tuba club and that's near a gas station.
但有家新开的大号♥俱乐部 就在加油站附近
Where is it?
在哪里?
It's called the El Tubadero Club.
店名叫“埃尔大号♥俱乐部”
It's near Fifth and National. Thanks, Johnny.
“第5国度”的旁边 谢了 强尼
It's my pitching, Johnny. Do you think I need another starter?
该我投球了 强尼 你认为我还需要一名上场队员吗?
How should I know?
我怎么知道?
The rigors of a full season
整个赛季精减到4人轮换
on a four man rotation are just too demanding.
有点太苛刻了
You need a left-handed swing man to fill your long relief spot.
你需要一名左投手 来做为你的长♥期♥换班人
Give him an occasional start and it'll round out your staff nicely.
让他临时出场 这会很好地完善你的阵容
You're talking about a guy like Gossage, aren't you, Johnny?
你说家伙的是格萨基 对吗?强尼
Oh, come on, Tommy, use your head!
得了 汤米 你动动脑子!
Gossage is right-handed and besides, he can't throw more than two innings.
格萨基是右投手 再说 他扔不过两回合
Here's the names of five southpaws
这里有个人 是用左手投球的投手
with career ERA's under 2.93.
职业生涯时期 都在2.93之下
And you wouldn't have been in this mess
你不会再搞砸了
if you hadn't given up Tommy John.
只要你不放弃 汤米·强
This is the police.
我是警♥察♥
Put your gun down and surrender.
把枪放下然后投降
He's holding the girl hostage.
他挟持女孩当人♥质♥
I'm going over there, Frank, and try to get behind him.
我要冲过去 弗兰克 设法到他后面去
Cover me.
哥们罩我
Come down with your hands up.
举起手走下来
You'll never take me alive.
你别想活抓我
Oh, you wanna play it tough, huh? Well, two can play at that game.
你想玩狠的?好吧 这一套你会我也会
All right.
好吧
Get up! Oh.
起来!
Oh, thank you! Thank you! You saved my life!
谢谢 谢谢 你救了我!
It's all right. It's all right now.
没事了 现在没事了
Thames!
泰晤士!
Why?
为什么?
Because I needed the money.
因为我很缺钱
Frank, the black and white is here.
弗兰克 警方的交通工具来了
Thank you, Commissioner, but I can't take all the credit.
谢谢 专员 但我担当不起
The entire Police Squad was in on this one.
这是全特警队的功劳
Right.
好的
Well, Frank, it's been a good day.
哇喔 弗兰克 这是美好的一天
We got a confession out of old zoo breath.
我们忙到喘不过气来 嫌烦终于供认了
What? Oh. Good.
什么?哦 很好
I was just going over the arraignment report.
我刚刚审查了传讯报告
It looks like the butler Thames
看起来这个巴特勒·泰晤士
will be doing his serving from now on up in the Stateville Prison.
以后要在斯泰茨维尔监狱做佣人了
Along with Martin, Dutch Gunderson, Lana and Sally Decker.
连同马丁、道奇·冈德森、拉娜和莎莉·德克尔一起
Frank, when will people learn that crime doesn't pay?
弗兰克 人们何时才能学会 天网恢恢疏而不漏呢?