I don't want to answer any more of your questions.
我不想再回答你们的问题了
We're sorry to bother you at a time like this, Mrs. Twice.
很抱歉这时候来打扰您,“两次”太太
We would have come earlier, but your husband wasn't dead then.
我们应该早点来的 但当时你丈夫还没死
Oh, Ralph was such a good man.
拉尔夫以前是个很好的人
Who could have done such a horrible thing?
谁会下此毒手呢?
Did he owe any money? Doctor bills?
他有欠债吗?比如医生账单?
Gambling debts? Book-of-the-Month Club?
赌债?每月读书会?
Just...
只有在太阳望远镜方面 有两笔以上的应付款
Oh, poor Ralph.
哦 可怜的拉尔夫
Do you know what it's like to be married to a wonderful man for 14 years?
你知道跟一个好人结婚14年 是什么感觉吗?
No, I can't say that I do.
不 我不能说我知道
I did, uh, live with a guy once, though, but that was just for a couple of years.
不过 我曾经跟一个家伙同居过 但只有两三年
Usual slurs, rumors, innuendos, people didn't understand. Oh!
往常的诋毁、流言和讽刺,人们并不理解
Ran him out of town like a common pigmy.
他像过街老鼠一样 逃离了小镇
Did he have any enemies? Well, the Democrats didn't like him.
他有什么仇家吗? 嗯 民♥主♥党的人不太喜欢他
Sure, he was a physical education major, but he had a mind.
当然 他以前是体育专业 但他很有想法
He could think. He wasn't all muscle, all body, all sinewy limbs.
他能思考 他并不是全身肌肉 肢体结实
He got married, you know, later, had three kids.
后来他结婚了 有了3个孩子
Never cared for her. Sent a nice gift, never got a note.
从不关心她 也不送漂亮的礼物 从没当回事
Now, I know this is a long shot, but did he ever eat chop suey?
我知道这不太可能 但他以前吃炒杂烩吗?
Why, no. No, he never did. It was just a hunch.
为什么 不 他从不吃那个 只是一种直觉
I told him she was wrong.
我跟他说 她错了
And that youngest boy, just like his father, football hero.
而最小的那个孩子 就像他的父亲 足球大王
Lived with him for a year. It wasn't the same.
跟他同居1年 这不是一回事
Can't go back. Oh, poor Ralph.
无法回头 哦 可怜的拉尔夫
And what about my daughter? What am I gonna tell her?
那我的女儿怎么办?我该怎么告诉她?
Yeah, you're gonna have to tell her something.
耶 你得告诉她一些事情
Tell her he went on a long trip. Tell her... Wait a minute.
跟她说 他去长途旅行了 等一下
How about a big monster came and took him to Daddy Heaven? Oh!
就说来了一只大怪物 把他带去了“爸爸天堂”?
Nah. What about this?
算了 这样如何?
He threw himself on a grenade to save the battalion? Yeah, that's it.
他用身体扑向手雷 来保护其他人?耶,就这样
No, no, wait a minute. He was killed by left wing insurgents from Paraguay.
不 等一下 他被巴拉圭的左派叛乱分子杀害了
No, Bolivia!
不 玻利维亚!
I got it. I got... He... He was traded to the Cubs for Reggie Jackson.
我知道了 我知...他因为雷吉·杰克逊被转到小熊队
No further progress was made in the next 10 hours.
接下来的10小时里 没有获得进一步发展
The following morning, I reported back to Police Squad.
第二天早上 我回到特警队报告
About 10:00, Sally Decker dictated a formal statement.
大约10点 莎莉·德克尔口述了一份正式声明
She said the holdup man had come in once before, to extort protection money.
她说抢劫犯以前来过一次 来勒索保护费
Something new? Nothing.
有新进展吗? 没有
I got them right here, Chief.
报告拿来了 长官
Reports on our APB, negative.
全境通告的报告 否定
R and I rundown on Twice, negative.
对“两次”的鉴定 否定
Fingerprint identification, negative.
指纹鉴定 否定
Well, if he was crooked, he sure had a lot of people fooled.
如果他真有罪 那他肯定忽悠了很多人
What about the final autopsy report on Johnson and Twice?
那强森和“两次”的最终验尸报告呢?
They should rest in peace. Yeah, anything unusual there?
他们应该安息了 耶 有什么不寻常吗?
Yeah, take a look at that section on bullet penetration.
耶 看看子弹穿透的部分
Mmm, according to this,
上面描述
the bullet canals in both bodies took an upward course.
两具尸体中的弹道都是向上的
And they were standing face to face.
而且他们都是面对面地站着
Just a few feet apart.
只有几英尺远
Get me Pete Preussing at Homicide.
我要找 凶杀组的皮特·普森
Tell him I want to meet him and a few of his men
告诉他 我要见他和他的手下
down at the Acme Credit Union.
在 “极点”信用社 会面
Right away, sir.
这就去 长官
Now, Preussing, move closer, slowly.
现在 普森 靠近点 慢点
All right, that's it. This is the approximate distance
没错 就这样 这样就接近
the two men were apart when the shots were fired.
开枪时两人之间的距离
Now, McBeen, you're gonna be the teller.
现在 麦克比 你是出纳员
Preussing, you're Ralph Twice.
普森 你是“拉尔夫·两次”
The tape indicates the path the bullet took.
胶带表明子弹的轨迹
All right.
好的
Holdup man enters, demands money and fires.
抢劫犯进来要钱 然后开枪
I spent most of the afternoon trying to determine
我花了大半个下午 想要确定
the possible angles from which the bullets might have been fired.
子弹可能射出的角度
Reenactment of a crime in this way can be a helpful tool
用这种方式重现犯罪
in a criminal investigation.
对破案很有帮助
If the teller had his back turned and then the gunman fired... Hmm.
如果出纳员转身 歹徒再开枪...
A ricochet.
反弹
After several hours, I had some interesting theories,
几小时后 我得出一些有趣的理论
but still nothing conclusive.
但还是没有确凿依据
When my boss called, I gave him the information,
当上司打电♥话♥过来 我给他汇报了信息
but I knew I needed more answers.
但我知道 我还需要更多答案
And I had an idea of where I could get some.
我知道去哪里可以得到
What's the word on the street, Johnny? I don't know.
有什么小道消息吗? 强尼 我不知道
I hear a lot of things. Pick a topic.
我听到的事情有很多 给个具体方向
Do you know anything about the double killings at the Acme Credit Union?
对“极点”信用社的双杀案 你知道什么吗?
You're barking up the wrong tree with this Ralph Twice.
你们查“拉尔夫·两次”是找错人了
He's a good family man and makes a decent living.
他是个顾家的好人 生活中很和善
Wasn't his fault he got fired from the tire company.
他被轮胎公♥司♥解雇 并不是他的错
But who could predict that Brazil would cut off the rubber supply?
但谁知道巴西会中断橡胶供应呢?
They're nationalizing the industry in two weeks,
他们将在两周内 把产业国有化
so he would have gotten his job back anyway.
总之他还能再拿回工作
Now, Sally Decker, that's another story.
但莎莉·德克尔却是另外一回事
She used to be Joe Surlow's girl until she got involved in the numbers.
她以前是乔·苏鲁的女人 直到她开始玩诈骗
Before you knew it, she was up to her pretty little neck
在你知道前 她一直在忙于
in penny-ante bunko scams.
制♥造♥无谓的诈骗陷阱
Where do I locate this Surlow?
在哪里能找到这个苏鲁?
He's working at this address.
他在这个地址工作
Thanks, Johnny.
谢了 强尼
What do you know about life after death?
关于来世你知道什么吗?
I wouldn't know anything about it.
我什么都不知道
You talking existential being or anthropomorphic deity?
你是问存在主义的本质 还是拟人化的神性?
After taking care of an urgent personal matter,
忙完紧急的私事之后
I proceeded directly to the address that Johnny had given me.
我就赶往强尼给我的地址
It turned out to be one of those all-night wicker places.
结果是一家通宵营业的娱乐场所
Surlow had done some time years earlier for a minor offense.
苏鲁早些年因为小犯罪坐过牢
He was one of those guys who had come up through the school of hard knocks.
他也是从艰苦中磨炼出来的人
Eventually, he admitted that he and Sally had been long-time acquaintances.
最后 他承认和莎莉相识已久
She had come to him recently to ask for money to pay off an oral debt.
她最近找过他要钱 来支付牙齿矫正费
The orthodontist needed the money. Surlow had done what he could for her.
当时牙医来催款 苏鲁帮她搞定了
Fortunately, he had remembered the dentist's name,
辛亏 他还记得牙医的名字
Dr. Robert Zubatsky.
罗伯特·苏贝茨基医生
Zubatsky's office was located in Fox Point Heights.
苏贝茨基的办公室 位于福克斯普安岭
A fashionable area of town where foreign imports
一个国外引进的时尚领域
and two-martini lunches were the order of the day.
两杯马提尼午餐是今天的主流
His clientele were the sons and daughters of the privileged.
他的客户都是特权阶层的子女
I decided it might be a good time to have my teeth checked.
这可能是做牙齿检查的好机会
Mr. Drebin, Dr. Zubatsky will see you now.
卓宾先生 苏贝茨基医生要见您
That's the second door on your left, Mr. Drebin.
左边第2道门 卓宾先生
You're next, Carl.
下一位是你 卡尔
As soon as this impression is complete, we'll know a lot more, Mr. Drebin.
只要压痕形成就行了 卓宾先生
Are those x-rays ready, Miss Frenzell?
X射线准备了吗?芬泽尔
Yes, Doctor. Would you like to take a look?
是的 医生 你要看看吗?
Yes, I would.
是的 没错
All right, let's get started, shall we?
好的 我们开始吧 好吗?
Sally Decker? Sally Decker. That name rings a bell.
莎莉·德克尔?这名字好熟悉哦
No, I can't place it.
不 我不能停下来
Look, I'm telling you, I don't know her.
瞧 我要告诉你 我不认识她
All right, I know her. She was a patient of mine.
好吧 我认识她 她是我的一位病人
Her lower left quadrant was all messed up, but so what?
她左边的下齿全乱了 但那又怎么样?
Okay, okay, now, look, uh, she's a good... good... good-looking dame.
好的 好的 现在 瞧 她是一位漂亮的女人
We went out and had, uh, laughs,
我们出去过 很开心
a couple of drinks, but, uh, uh, that's the whole story.
喝了几杯 但仅此而已
Look, look, I... I don't need trouble. I'll cooperate.
瞧 瞧 我不想找麻烦 我会配合的
My God, you're an animal!
天哪 你简直是野兽!
I am not an animal!
我不是野兽!
I am a human being!
我是人类!
Zubatsky's information pointed in the same direction,
苏贝茨基的信息 指向相同的方向
Sally Decker.
莎莉·德克尔