Take a look in here.
用这个看看吧
Facial hair.
面部的毛发
Yep. Hair is like fingerprints.
是的 毛发跟指纹一样
No two follicles are alike.
每个毛囊都不一样
The strand on the left belongs to Schultz.
左边一根是舒尔兹的
The one on the right was found near his body.
右边那根是 在他的尸体旁边找到的
So, whoever belongs to that whisker is our killer.
那么 这根胡须的主人就是凶手
Have you identified him? Yes.
鉴定出他了吗? 是的
It belongs to him.
毛发是属于他的
Luca Burnett was a five-time loser who was working for Montague Martin.
卢卡·伯内特输过5次 为蒙塔古·马丁效力
Now I knew who was responsible for the murder.
现在我知道 谁要为谋杀负责了
But I needed someone who wasn't afraid to talk.
但我需要一个敢说真话的人
The next step was to work on Buddy Briggs.
下一步就是 设法说服巴迪·布里格斯
Hi, Buddy. What are you doing here?
嗨 巴迪 你来干什么?
I'm your new manager. Hey, look, buster,
我是你的新经纪人 瞧 牛人
I don't know who you are or what you're trying to pull,
我不知道你是谁 或想耍什么花样
but I work for Cooper. Not anymore.
但我是为库珀效力的 不再是了
And you don't go in the tank anymore either.
你也不想 再故意输掉比赛了
I don't know what you're talking about. All right, Buddy, play it stupid.
我不知道你在说什么 好吧 巴迪 装傻吧
I don't care. You hear me?
我不在乎 你听到了吗?
I don't wanna end up dead in some locker room.
我可不想死在哪间更衣室里
Now get out!
给我出去!
Mary.
玛丽
Mary, why aren't you at waitress school?
玛丽 你怎么没在 女服务员学校?
Mary.
玛丽
You've been drinking again, haven't you?
你又喝酒了 对吗?
You're a bum! Mary.
你是个废物! 玛丽
The only money you've ever earned is by throwing fights.
你就知道靠打假拳来谋生
You're not the man I married.
你不是 我曾嫁的那个人
How can you say that? Because here's the man I married.
你怎么能这么说? 因为这里才是 我曾嫁的人
Mary, I love you.
玛丽 我爱你
I'm trying to give you all the things you never had.
我在尽力给你一切 你没有的东西
A decent home, a decent life, your own synagogue.
一个像样的家 像样的生活 你自己的犹太教堂
You're never gonna give me those things,
你从没给过我 那些东西
and you know why? 'Cause you got no guts.
你知道为什么吗?因为你没胆量
You're scared of Martin and Cooper. They own you.
你很惧怕马丁和库珀 他们操控着你
Nobody owns Buddy Briggs! Nobody! Don't lie to me!
没人能操控巴迪·布里格斯!没人! 别骗我了!
Every big fight you've ever been in, you've taken a dive.
你参加每场大拳赛都装输
And you know what? You could've been somebody.
你知道吗?你本可以成为大人物
You could've been a contender instead of a bum,
你可以成为一名竞争者 而不是废物
which is what you are.
你现在就很废
Muffin.
玛芬
Buddy, I'm here to help you.
巴迪 我是来帮你的
Now, do you think you can beat The Champ?
现在 你认为你能打败冠军吗?
I can take him blindfolded. What if he's not blindfolded?
我蒙着眼睛能打败他 如果他没蒙眼睛呢?
I can still beat him.
我仍然能打败他
I believe you. That's why I won you in the poker game.
我相信你 这就是为什么我要用牌局赢到你
You fight on the up-and-up,
你光明磊落地去打
you'll be able to look in the mirror and see a winner.
就会在镜子里看到一位获胜者
You've been living in the dumps too long, pal.
你在垃圾场住太久了 哥们
I'm gonna help you and Mary get out of this sewer. Come on.
我让帮你和玛丽 搬出这个下水道 来吧
All right, Buddy,
好吧 巴迪
now, you meet me tomorrow at Maury's Bar on Prospect.
现在 你明天来莫里的酒吧见我
I'm gonna get you a fight with The Champ.
我要给你一场拳赛 与冠军对决
Well, how are you gonna do that? You leave that to me.
你如何得到那个机会呢? 交给我好了
Buddy.
巴迪
What'll it be? Screwdriver.
想来点什么? 螺丝刀
Anything to drink? No, thank you.
要喝的吗? 不 谢谢
Hey, Kelly.
嗨 凯利
Sure are a lot of photographers here tonight.
今晚这里一定有很多摄影师
Yeah, I know. Is Cooper and Martin here?
是的 我知道 库珀和马丁来了吗?
Yeah. They're sitting at the table with a couple of tramps. Well,
是的 他们与几个流浪汉坐在一桌
I think it's time to go and meet Mr. Big.
我想 是时候见见大老板了
His name's Mr. Martin.
他叫马老板
Well.
好吧...
Hey, Cooper, you calling any bluffs lately? Well,
嘿 库珀 最近玩牌有忽悠到人吗?
if it isn't Mr. Kelly.
这不是凯利先生吗
It's the guy I was telling you about,
这就是我跟你提到的家伙
the guy who manages Lorne Greene and Johnny Cash.
这家伙代理了毛爷爷和邓超
Go powder your noses.
去补个妆来
Listen, smart boy, I own this town.
听着 聪明人 我拥有这座小镇
You may have a fighter, but you're never gonna get a fight.
你也许有拳手 但你别想参加拳赛
We'll see about that.
咱们走着瞧吧
Roses are red, violets are blue,
玫瑰是红的 紫罗兰是蓝的
sugar is sweet, I'm gonna break your face.
糖是甜的 我要揍扁你的脸
Buddy Briggs could break every bone in your body.
巴迪·布里格斯 能揍碎你的每根骨头
Yeah, well, he must be a pretty good boxer.
是吗 那他一定是位非常棒的拳手
Well, how would you know?
你怎么知道的?
You never won an honest fight in your life.
你这辈子从没赢过一场 公正的拳赛
Hey, take it easy. Nobody wants to get hurt. Just cool off.
别激动 没人想受伤 冷静点吧
Why should I? The only reason you're champ
凭什么?你成为冠军的唯一理由
is 'cause of guys lying down or dying.
就是因为那些装输和死掉的人
Hey, let me buy you a drink. We'll talk.
我请你喝一杯吧 慢慢聊
I wouldn't drink with you, you two-bit, phony excuse for a fighter.
我不跟你喝酒 这只是身为拳手的敷衍罢了
You're just tired,
你大概有点累了
you didn't mean it. Ah, forget it.
你不是故意的 算了吧
"Forget it"? Nobody says "forget it" to me!
“算了吧” 没人能跟我说这句话!
The big...
大块头在酒吧打败冠军
Cam...
冠军接受大块头的挑战
Sorry, Buddy, no sax before a fight.
抱歉 巴迪 拳赛之前 别吹萨克斯了
Are you nervous? Yeah, a bit.
你很紧张吗? 是的 有点
But I know I can take this guy. Nothing can stop me tonight.
但我知道 我能打败这家伙 今晚我势不可挡
What are you doing here, Martin? Get outta here. I've gone straight.
你来干什么?马丁 出去吧 我改过自新了
If you're smart, you'll go straight to the canvas in the 12th.
如果你够聪明 就会在第12回合直接倒下
Forget it.
算了吧
We've got Mary. What?
我们抓了玛丽 什么?
You're bluffing. Oh, yeah?
你在虚张声势 哦 是吗?
Mary's scarf! You could have gotten that anywhere.
玛丽的围巾! 这玩意随处可得
How about this? Mary's purse!
那这个呢? 玛丽的手提袋!
There are millions of purses like that. How about this?
像这样的手提袋多着呢 那这个呢?
Mary's toaster!
玛丽的烤面包机
Oh, my God.
哦 我的天哪
In the 12th, Buddy.
第12回合 巴迪
I can't believe it. I trained to win this fight.
我不敢相信 我训练是为了赢得拳赛
I can win this fight. Now I gotta lose.
我能赢得这次拳赛 现在我要输了
Buddy, I'll make a deal with you.
巴迪 我要跟你达成一个协议
I'll bring back Mary, you beat The Champ.
我把玛丽带回来 你打败冠军
I radioed Hocken to get some men and meet me at the arena.
我通知霍肯 派增援到擂台汇合
If I wanted to put Martin and his monkeys behind bars,
如果我要把马丁团伙关进监狱
I had to find Mary, and fast.
我得找到玛丽 而且要快
Johnny, I need some information and fast.
强尼 我需要一些情报 十万火急
There's a woman in trouble.
有个女人正处于危险之中
You mean Mary, the boxer's wife who was just kidnapped?
你是说玛丽 被绑♥架♥的拳手之妻?
Right. You know anything about it? Maybe I do, maybe I don't.
没错 你知道什么吗? 也许知道 也许不知道
She's in big trouble.
她有大♥麻♥烦了
She's being held by Martin's goon, Luca.
她被马丁的小弟卢卡扣留了
What's a "goonluca"? No, Luca Burnett. Martin's henchman.
“小弟卢卡”是什么人? 不 卢卡·伯内特 马丁的手下
Right. Where are they?
好吧 他们在哪儿?
It's a big city. Could be most anyplace.
城市很大 在哪儿都有可能
You might wanna try Jim's Gym.
你可能要去 吉姆的健身房♥找找
Thanks, Johnny. I'll be in touch.
谢了 强尼 保持联♥系♥
It's a bypass operation, Johnny. So?
这是一次搭桥手术 强尼 然后呢?
The guy has a history of sinus bradycardia.
那人有窦性心动过缓的病史
I wouldn't know anything about it.
我什么也不知道
You got him on atropine? Of course.
给他用阿托品了吗? 当然
Do a midline thoracotomy, strip the saphenous vein,
做一个中线胸廓切开术 清除隐静脉
be careful not to puncture the myocardium.
小心别刺穿了心肌层
Tonight's main event, 15 rounds
今晚的拳击擂台 一共15回合
for the championship of the world.
是世界级锦标赛
In this corner, weighing 210 pounds
在这边 体重210磅