We were getting around to that.
我们就是在调查那件事
Yeah, well, a lot of guys could have done it.
耶 好吧 很多人都做过错事
Boy, you cops never give an ex-con a break.
你们警♥察♥就是不肯放过一名前罪犯
I try to put my past behind me, but every time I turn around,
我努力摆脱掉过去 但每次我一转身
well, there's somebody there telling me who I am or where I've been.
哼 总会有人提醒我 以前干过的事情
It's like you're branded for life.
这就像一生的烙印
We're sorry about that, Eddie. Don't plan on leaving town.
对此我们深感遗憾 埃迪 先别计划离开小镇
We might want to talk to you again.
我们可能会再找你谈谈
Didn't you tell them I was at the movies?
你告诉他们 我们去看电影了吗?
Sure, just like you said, Eddie. I'd never cross you up.
当然 都照你的意思说的 埃迪 我不出♥卖♥♥♥你
Yeah. Good girl.
耶 好姑娘
So you see, Katie,
所以你看 凯蒂
fish have gills to extract oxygen from water,
鱼是用腮来 从水中摄取氧气的
but... but air-breathing species have lungs
但呼吸空气的物种 则是用肺
which are equipped only to accept oxygen in its natural state.
只在自然状态下 接受氧气
And that's why most mammals must live on land.
这就是为什么 哺乳动物必须生活在陆地上
Wow, that's neat! Oh, hi, Frank.
哇 太可爱了! 嗨 弗兰克
Would you like to keep him, Katie?
你要收留他吗?凯蒂
Can I?
可以吗?
Gee, thanks, Mr. Olson. Why don't you run along now, Katie,
天哪 谢谢 奥尔森先生 你为什么不先离开呢 凯蒂
and next week I'll show you why women can't play professional football.
下周我们会讲到 为什么女人玩不了职业足球
Okay. Bye, Mr. Olson.
好的 再见 奥尔森先生
Any progress, Ted? Some. Look at this.
有进展吗?特德 一点点 看看这个
We've been sorting through the fragments left by the bombing.
我们整理了爆♥炸♥留下的碎片
And we've been able to reconstruct the part of the courtroom where the explosion occurred.
然后我们能重建 被炸法庭的一部分
What's the bomb made from? I've analyzed the fragments.
这个炸♥弹♥是用什么做的? 我分♥析♥了碎片
We found traces of seven common household chemicals.
我们发现了7种常见 家用化学品的痕迹
When mixed together in the proper ratios, they can be highly unstable.
以适当比例混到一起 就高度危险
What you're saying is that anyone
你是说任何人都能
with a high school knowledge of chemistry could have made the bomb.
用中学化学知识 来制♥造♥炸♥弹♥
Right.
没错
It's a fairly crude explosive, not the work of a professional.
这是很简单的炸♥药♥ 不是专业人士做的
Hey, watch it! Hey, Frank, take it easy.
嘿 小心点! 嘿 弗兰克 别紧张
I'm sorry, Ted.
抱歉 特德
Doctor says that too much caffeine makes me edgy.
医生说咖♥啡♥因♥太多 导致我很紧张
Why don't you try some of this? It's decaffeinated coffee.
你为什么不试试这个呢?低咖♥啡♥因♥的咖啡
Decaffeinated, huh?
低咖♥啡♥因♥?
Well, I'll give it a try.
好吧 我要试试看
Ted. Oh, hi, Frank.
特德 嗨 弗兰克
You were right about that coffee. I sure feel better now.
你的咖啡很有效 我感觉好多了
Well, accidents will happen.
好吧 意外是常有的事
Kinda cold in that section of the country.
...乡下地区气温偏冷
Locally, it is 68 degrees under partly cloudy skies...
本地局部地区 多云 气温68度...
No reports of traffic congestion
进入市中心的所有主高速
on any of the major freeways coming into midtown.
没有交通堵塞的报道
Disperse! Please disperse! There's nothing for you to see here.
散开!请散开!没什么好看的
Please go home. Keep moving, please. Keep moving.
请回家 请离开 走吧
Glad you're here, Frank. What do you got, Ed?
见到你很高兴 弗兰克 什么情况?艾德
Victim's name was John Symington. He was a trial lawyer.
受害人是强尼·赛明顿 一名辩护律师
Oh, and this'll interest you. He used to be an assistant DA. Uh-huh.
这个你会有兴趣的 他以前是地方检察官的助理
Seven years ago he prosecuted Eddie Casales.
7年前 他起诉过埃迪·卡萨勒斯
That's quite a coincidence. Yeah.
太巧了 是的
I can't believe anybody would do something so cruel.
我不相信 有人会这么残忍♥
Senseless brutality, senseless waste. Cut down in the prime of life.
无谓的暴行 无谓的杀害 正当壮年 就这么结束了
That car was a classic. A '68.
这辆车可是经典啊 68年的
Do you suppose the widow would take $1,500 for it?
你认为其遗孀 会以1500块卖♥♥掉吗?
No, there's the tow truck.
不 拖车来了
What do you think, Ed?
你怎么认为?艾德
Well, my guess, Frank, is it's the same sort of a bomb.
我的猜想是 炸♥弹♥是一样的
The strange thing is, we haven't been able to find the body.
奇怪的事情是 我们没能找到尸体
That was quite an explosion. Yeah.
这场爆♥炸♥很特别 是的
Well, our job's done here.
那么 我们就忙到这里吧
Yeah, we better get back to headquarters. What time is it?
是的 我们最好回一趟总部 几点钟了?
Mmm, it's later than I thought. Lieutenant,
比我想的要晚 探长
I found this on the curb next to the car.
我在车旁边的地上 找到了这个
Club Flamingo.
“火鸟”俱乐部
I think we better have a talk with Eddie Casales. Mmm.
我们最好找 埃迪·卡萨勒斯谈谈
I'm telling you, you got nothing on me. You're wasting your time.
我要说 我什么都没做 你们在浪费时间
All right, Eddie. Let's go over it again. Where were you last night?
好吧 埃迪 我再问一次 昨晚你在哪儿?
I told you a dozen times. I was at the movies.
我说过很多次了 我在看电影
I've got the sandwiches here.
我拿来了三明治
All right, Eddie, you went to the movies. Now what did you see?
好吧 埃迪 你去看电影了 那片名是什么?
I told you, I don't remember!
我都说了 我不记得了!
Uh, who had the egg salad? I don't remember.
鸡蛋沙拉是谁要的? 我不记得了
Somebody ordered it. You can't expect us to buy that.
有人点了这个 别指望我们买♥♥账
But I already paid for it. Why don't you give a guy a break?
但我已经付过钱了 你们为什么不体谅一下人呢?
Thanks a lot. What's the charge, huh?
非常感谢 控告我什么呢?(多少费用呢?)
Uh, $4.58. What're you trying to do, insult us?
4.58块 你这是干什么 侮辱我们吗?
Okay, $3.50. Coffee's on me.
好吧 3.5块 咖啡算我的
I told you. I went to the movies. I feel asleep. I don't remember.
我说过了 我在看电影 睡着了不记得了
You don't expect us to swallow that! All right, I'll eat it.
别指望我们会接受 好吧 我自己吃
But I don't think it's fair that I should have to pay for it.
但让我付钱 我不觉得很公平
All right, Eddie. Let's say you did go to the movies.
好吧 埃迪 我们就说 你真去看电影了
Okay. "You did go to the movies."
好的 “你真去看电影了”
Then let's say that you were nowhere near the Club Flamingo.
那我们就说 你没有去“火鸟”俱乐部
All right.
好吧
"You were nowhere near the Club Flamingo."
“你没有去‘火鸟’俱乐部”
Then explain this to me.
那这个你解释一下
Well, you take this little cardboard stick out
好吧 先把小火柴拿出来
with sulfur on the end and you rub it on the edges
因为末端有硫磺 然后在边缘划一下
and it makes fire.
就燃火了
Don't play dumb with me, Eddie.
别跟我装傻 埃迪
You spend a lot of time at the Club Flamingo.
你花了很多时间在“火鸟”俱乐部
Yeah, well, so did a lot of guys. It was a popular club.
耶 好吧 很多人都一样 那家俱乐部很流行
Captain, can you take a phone call? Not now, Al.
队长 你能接一下电♥话♥吗? 现在不行 阿尔
Why don't you come clean? Make it easy on yourself. Tell us the truth.
你为什么不坦白交待?自己也好受些 说实话
Well, I ain't talking! You got nothing to book me on!
好吧 我就不说!你们告不了我什么!
Frank.
弗兰克
I'm afraid he's right. We're gonna have to let him go.
恐怕他是对的 我们只能让他走了
All the evidence we've got is purely circumstantial.
我们掌握的 都只是间接证据
Yeah, you're right.
是的 你说得对
Tell that bomber to take off.
让那个投炸♥弹♥的走吧
When I got home I received a call from Mimi Du Jour.
我回到家 接到了米米·蒂宿的电♥话♥
She said she wanted to see me at the club right away.
她说想在 俱乐部马上见我
Since I had no idea where the Club Rightaway was,
因为我不清楚“俱乐部马上”在哪里
I suggested the Club Flamingo. She agreed.
我就建议改在“火鸟”俱乐部 她同意了
May I check your coat? Thank you.
我能帮你勾上外套吧? 谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Well, Mimi Du Jour. Oh, Lieutenant, thank you for coming.
哇哦 米米·蒂宿 探长 谢谢你的到来
Cigarette? Yes, I know.
香烟? 是的 我知道
Well, what can I do for you?
那么 有什么我能为你效劳呢?
It's about Eddie. I... I can't cover for him anymore.
是关于埃迪 我不能再包庇他了
Ricardo, two more, please. What do you mean?
里卡多 再来两份 谢谢 你是什么意思?
I lied. He never took me to the movies.
我说谎了 他从没带我去看电影
What? I lied. He never took me to the movies.
什么? 我说谎了 他从没带我去看电影
Where'd he go? Out somewhere.
那他去哪儿了? 出去了
He told me it was best if I didn't know anything.
他说 我一概不知为好
If he's mixed up in all this trouble, I don't wanna be part of it.
如果他卷入了这些麻烦 我不想牵涉进来
And if it's another girl he's seeing, I don't wanna be a sap.
如果他有别的女人了 我可不像当傻瓜
Mmm. I understand. No, you don't.
我明白 不 你不明白
You don't know how hard it is ratting on the guy you love.
你不知道 背叛你爱的人有多难
I'm all Eddie's had since he divorced his wife.
在埃迪休了他妻子后 我就是他的一切
Wait a minute, I thought Lana left him. No.
等等 我以为是拉娜离开了他 不
Now he has good reason to dump me, too.
现在他也有充分理由甩下我了
Maybe I should have just kept my big mouth shut.
也许我应该闭上我的大嘴巴
Mimi had done the right thing.
米米做了对的事情
She had provided me with a few answers, but now I needed more.
她给我提供了几个答案 但我还需要更多
Hi, Johnny.
嗨 强尼
I need some information on a certain parolee.
我需要某个假释犯的一些情报
You mean Eddie Casales? Yeah, what do you know about him?
你是说埃迪·卡萨勒斯? 是的 你对他了解什么吗?