The pieces were now coming together, but they still weren't enough.
所有事情都联♥系♥到一块了 但还是不够
We needed something more for a conviction.
还需要更多证据才能定罪
I stopped back at Police Squad to set the trap.
我回到特警队 来设计圈套
When I got to the elevator, my boss was already on the scene.
当我走进电梯 我的上司已经在场了
Any luck with the dentist, Frank?
牙医那边有进展吗?弗兰克
Sally paid him up in full, one day after the double killing and theft.
莎莉把钱都付清了 就在双杀盗窃案之后的一天
How do you know that? Went through his files.
你怎么知道的? 查过他的档案了
Sally was seeing Zubatsky, six years, maybe seven.
莎莉来见苏贝茨基有6年了 也许7年
Eight times a year. Always in arrears.
每年8次 一直拖欠账款
Then suddenly, 24 hours after the killing, she's paid up in full.
杀人案之后24小时 她突然全额付款了
Well, it looks like she's in this thing up to her pretty little ears.
那看来她急着处理这件事
Was the, uh, dentist cooperative? Yeah, he gave us plenty of rope.
牙医愿意合作吗? 是的 他给了我很多启发
Now we have to see if we can get Sally to stick her head into the noose.
现在看看是否 能让莎莉自投罗网
Yeah.
耶
Hello?
你好?
Hello, Sally, this is Dr. Zubatsky.
你好 莎莉 我是苏贝茨基医生
I need to talk to you.
我得和你谈谈
Sorry, B.Z., we're through. I paid you in full.
抱歉 医生 我们两清了 欠你的钱都还清了
I made an appointment with another orthodontist.
我已经约好另一名牙医了
That's right, Sally. You did pay me. I have the money right here.
没错 莎莉 你确实付我钱了 钱在我这里
Fresh from the mint, traceable.
钱是崭新的 可追踪号♥码
You wanna talk?
你要谈谈吗?
Yeah, okay, you win.
是的 好吧 你赢了
Half an hour. Corner of Cherry and Galena.
半小时后 切瑞和加莱纳的街角
What was the phony phone call about?
打这个假电♥话♥有什么用呢?
Just socializing. Talked to our little friend, Sally Decker.
只是社交来往 跟我们的老朋友莎莉·德克尔谈谈
Well, outside of the fact that she paid off the dentist,
除了她已付清牙医的费用之外
we still have no real proof and no motive.
我们还是没找到 实际证据和作案动机
Well, I say dippin' into the till for $1,200 is a pretty good motive.
好吧 我要看看钱柜 证明1200美元是合理动机
Not enough, Frank. We'll need more. Don't worry.
这还不够 弗兰克 还得再加把劲 别担心
I got a date with her.
我跟她约好了
Frank, one thing.
弗兰克 一件事情
Now, if you're right, she's already killed two men.
现在 如果你是对的 她已经杀过两个人了
You'd better watch your step.
你最好小心行事
Sergeant Drebin! Hello, Sally, you waiting for someone?
卓宾警官! 你好 莎莉 你在等人吗?
I was just about to leave.
我正打算走
Yeah, that's the trouble with doctors. They always keep you waiting.
耶 这就是医生的麻烦之处 他们总让你等
I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Come on over here and sit down. I'll tell you.
来这里坐下 我来告诉你
I've been doing some checking up, Sally, and it doesn't add up.
我一直在做调查,莎莉 情况不太对
What do you mean, Lieutenant? I don't think that Twice shot Johnson.
你在说什么啊 探长? 我不认为是“两次”射杀了强森
I don't understand. I was there when it happened.
我不明白 我当时就在事发现场
I think that you took the money, to pay your orthodontist.
我认为是 你拿了钱来付给牙医
Oh, Captain Drebin! That just isn't true. You knew it was just a matter of time.
卓宾探长!不是那样的 你自己清楚 那只是时间问题
You knew that, until the payoff was discovered.
在事情败露之前 你早就知道
But that's impossible.
但那是不可能的
I haven't ever been involved in anything so heinous.
我从没涉及 任何令人发指的事情
Yeah, that's right. Sally Decker has no record.
耶 没错 莎莉·德克尔没有犯罪前科
But Sally was formerly Babs Caltrane.
但莎莉以前叫做 芭布斯·卡尔翠
Notorious gunrunner in Memphis.
在孟菲斯市 是声名狼藉的军♥火♥走私者
Only difference is, Babs has red hair.
唯一的不同在于 芭布斯是一头红发
And before that, she was a brunette hit man named Zazu Pitts.
在那之前 她还是一名黑发女杀手 名叫扎祖·皮茨
And before that, she sang backup for Aretha Franklin.
在那之前 她还帮女歌♥手艾瑞莎·弗兰克林 当过伴唱
All right, Frank, did your research reveal that I did a stint
好吧 弗兰克 你有没有查到
with the marines and reupped?
我曾加入海军陆战队 重服兵役?
No, I can't say that it did.
不 这倒是没有查到
Sally! Sally Decker!
莎莉!莎莉·德克尔!
This is the police. You are surrounded.
我们是警♥察♥ 你被包围了
Throw down your gun and surrender. You do not have a chance.
放下枪出来投降 你无路可逃了
All right, Sally, you're under arrest. Sergeant, take her away and book her.
好吧 莎莉 你被捕了,警官 带去审问
Sergeant Takeraway. Sergeant Booker.
“带去”警官 “审问”警官
Well, that was some pretty fancy police work, Frank.
好了 案子破得很好 弗兰克
I know you got Sally's record from R and I,
我知道你从鉴定部 搞到了莎莉的档案
but how did you know she handled the loan office heist?
但你怎么知道她涉及了贷款处的抢劫?
Just a little hunch back at the office. Thought so.
在贷款处时的一点小预感(小驼背) 就知道
I brought that little hunchback with me.
我把那个“小驼背”也带来了
Charlie, come out here. Charlie, good going.
查理 快出来 查理 不错嘛
Oh, hi, Frank.
嗨 弗兰克 嗨 艾德
Hi, Ed. Just got back from the arraignment.
刚做完传讯回来
Sally Decker's, gonna have to get her teeth straightened
今后 莎莉·德克尔还要做牙齿矫正
in the Statesville Prison from now on.
就得在斯泰茨维尔监狱里做了 不错
Good. And there'll be plenty of time to do it, too.
在那里也会有很多时间来做
Got something on the side of your mouth, Al.
你的嘴巴旁边有东西 阿尔
No, no, no, the other side.
不 不 不 另一边
You know, Frank, there's one thing I still don't understand.
你知道 弗兰克 有件事情我还是不明白
Now, how did you know that the money
那你是怎么知道
Sally gave to Dr. Zubatsky wasn't traceable?
莎莉给苏贝茨基医生的钱 可追踪号♥码呢?
I didn't. Yeah?
我并不知道 什么?
But neither did Sally.
但莎莉自己也不知道
Be sure to tune in next week for another exciting story
下周一定要收看 下一集精彩的故事
from the files of Police Squad!
白头神探 TV版!