I got a bad back, you know. My father has a bad back, too.
我有背痛的毛病 我父亲也一样
So I guess it runs in the family.
所以我猜 这是家族遗传
In 50 years, I haven't seen him pick up a check.
50年来 我从没见他捡(兑换)过一张支票
But you know, seriously, I mean it. We did come from a poor family.
但你知道 说实话 我是认真的 我们来自贫困家庭
Uh, the health department wouldn't condemn our house
卫♥生♥部♥绝不会 征用我们的房♥子
until we had it painted.
除非我们粉刷过了
Anyway, s-seriously, seriously now, seriously, hold it,
总之 说真的 现在不说笑了 打住
hold it now, seriously.
现在打住 说真的
Anyway, the gal came back from her honeymoon.
总之 姑娘渡完蜜月回来
She was alone and her parents welcomed her with open arms
她是一个人 父母张开双臂欢迎她
and they said to her...
并对她说:“没男朋友 你结什么婚啊”
Well, anyway, the guy looked up at her and he said,
这家伙抬头看着她 并说道:
"Lady, I don't think I can take 67 more of those."
“小姐 我不认为我能承受67次以上”
You know, my sister was so ugly,
你知道 我的妹妹长得很难看
they used to put a pork chop around her neck to
他们经常在她脖子上 围一块猪排
get the dog to play with her.
让狗跟她一起玩
She was also so dumb she came in one time with hot tar on her hand
她还很笨 有次她手上端着一坨屎跑来
and she said, "Look what I almost stepped in."
然后她说:“好险 差点就踩到了”
Hey, that's some laughter here.
嘿 这些就是今天的笑话
Is that your wife beside you or you just throw up on the seat?
你身边那坨是你老婆 还是你吐了一凳子?
No, no, no, no, just a minute now. Hold on.
不 不 不 等一会 打住
No, really, time to get in tune.
不 真的 该调整状态了
I'd like now to do for you my tribute
现在我要为你们带来的是
to that fantastic performer, a great lady,
我对那位出色演员的敬意 她是一位优秀的女士
Judy.
朱蒂
I've seen the greatest. Sinatra, Wayne Newton, Carl Yastrzemski.
我见过很多大♥师♥ 辛纳特拉、韦恩·纽顿、卡尔·雅泽姆斯基
That was the greatest performance I've ever seen in my life.
这是我一生中见过最棒的表演
Oh, not really. Oh, yeah.
不敢当 耶
Listen, the boss is here. She wants to meet you.
听着 老板来了 她想要见你
Have a seat, Mr. DeWonderful.
请坐 不精彩先生
Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks, Vic. Right.
谢谢 维克 好的
You looked pretty good up there. How'd you like a job at my club?
你表现不错 你怎么想来我的俱乐部工作呢?
So you must be Mr. V?
那你一定是“Mr.V”?
Veronica Rivers. You work this room real well.
维罗妮卡·里弗斯 你让这里充满了生机
I heard about it from a friend of mine, Joey Koldys.
我是从一位朋友那里知道的 乔伊·寇迪斯
Terrible thing that happened to him. Hmm.
他遇到了不幸
Would you like a drink? Why not?
你想喝一杯吗? 为什么不呢?
Good. I took the liberty of ordering you our house special.
很好 我就冒昧向你推荐 本店的特色
To your health, kid.
祝你健康 小伙子
Tony, are you okay?
托尼 你没事吧?
Went down the wrong pipe. Oh.
刚刚呛到了
Listen, uh, if you're gonna work here, you'll need a contract.
听着 如果你要在这里工作 就需要一份合同
So, why don't we go over to my office, and you can sign one, hmm?
那为什么不去我的办公室签字呢
Fine.
好的
Hold it right there, Rivers!
站在那儿别动 里弗斯! 你是谁?
We came here before. You wouldn't even watch our act.
我们之前来过 你居然不看我们的表演
Well, now I'm gonna force you to give us an audition.
好的 现在我要强制你 给我们一次面试
Sit down, both of you.
坐下 你们俩
Now, Jerry, you'll never get away with this.
现在 杰里 你这样也难逃法网
Why don't you give me that gun and we'll forget about it.
你为什么不把枪给我 息事宁人呢
Sit down and shut up!
坐下 闭嘴
Now, here's my act. Lester, I heard you had a girlfriend.
现在 这是我的表演 莱斯特 我听说你有个女朋友
Yes. Is she pretty?
是的 她漂亮吗?
Try repulsive. Repulsive.
要恶心一点 恶心一点
No, but you're getting close.
不对 但也差不多了
And now, I'm gonna do an imitation of a priest eating potato chips.
现在 我要模仿吃薯片的牧师
Stay where you are, mister.
待着别动 先生
You better do what he says. He'll blow your brains out.
你最好照做 他会蹦掉你的脑袋
Jerry, all I wanna do is tell you that I... I think that your act is really good.
杰里 我只是要告诉你 我觉得你的表演很不错
You do? No, he doesn't.
真的吗? 不 他在骗人
No, I do. I really do.
不 是真的 真的不错
It's a very good act. Now just relax.
表演非常棒 现在放松点
Cigarette? Yes, I know.
香烟? 是的 我知道
Well, I think that, uh,
好吧 我认为
Thursday night here, the 8:00 spot would be good for you.
周四晚的8点档会很适合你
Do you really? No, he doesn't. It's just a trick, stupid.
你说真的? 不 他说谎 那是个诡计 笨蛋
Yeah, how do I know you'll come through?
耶 我怎么知道 你说话算不算数?
Well, that's easy. All you have to... Look out!
那很简单 你只需要...当心!
Say, that was nice work. You took a big chance doing that.
我说干得不错 你那样做很危险
Well, you take a chance getting up in the morning,
那你早上起床 也很危险
crossing the street or sticking your face in a fan.
越过街道 或者遇到枪击事件都一样
Well, I like the way you did that. I could use a man like you around here.
我喜欢你刚才的作风 这里需要你这样的人
How'd you like to make a little extra cash?
你想赚点外快吗?
What do I have to do? Just a little errand.
我要做什么? 只是一点小差事
Pick up my car tomorrow morning.
明早来取我的车
It's down at the docks.
就停在医生那里
When I got to the doc's, everything was in order as Veronica had said.
当我来到医生那里 一切都如维罗妮卡说的那样状况良好
Drug trafficking is the heart and soul of criminal activity in the city,
贩毒是城市犯罪活动的心脏和灵魂
and I knew we had tapped the source. But now to find the evidence.
我知道我们挖到了源头 但现在得找到证据
I dropped the car off at the lab for a more thorough investigation.
我把车放在实验室 做更彻底的调查
So you see, Katie,
所以你看 卡蒂
objects get their shape from the arrangement of their molecules.
物体根据自身的分子排列 得到相应的形态
If you apply force to these molecules,
如果你强制改变分子
their arrangement is altered, and the shape of the object is changed.
其排列发生变异 物体的形态也改变了
Now, did you bring me your Crying Judy doll?
现在 你能把哭泣玩偶交给我吗?
Here she is, Mr. Olson.
给你 奥尔森先生
All right.
好的
Let's see what happens when we put Crying Judy in the trash compactor.
我们看看 当哭泣玩偶放进垃圾压缩机 会怎么样
Oh, hi, Frank.
嗨 弗兰克
Katie, why don't you run along now?
卡蒂 你为什么不先离开呢?
Next week we'll learn why cows look forward to giving milk.
下周我们学习 为什么奶牛会喜欢产奶
Gee, thanks, Mr. Olson. Bye.
谢谢 奥尔森先生 再见
What'd you come up with, Ted? The boys are working on the car.
有什么发现吗? 特德 大家都在研究那辆车
They haven't found anything yet. Let me show you what we're doing.
他们还没发现什么 让你看看我们在做什么
Now, Ed, I know the car is dirty.
现在 艾德 我知道这车很脏
There's got to be drugs here somewhere.
这里面一定有毒品 就在某处
Oh, I don't know, Frank. The pieces don't get much smaller.
我不明白 弗兰克 这些零件没法再碎了
We got it! We got it!
我们找到了!我们找到了!
It was in the glove compartment.
藏在杂物箱里
Well, look what we've got here.
哇哦 瞧瞧我们找到了什么
Are you sure that's the real thing? There's only one way to find out.
你确定这是真货? 只有一种办法能证实
Frank, you know we've had this car over six hours.
弗兰克 我们把车拿来6个多小时了
Yeah, Veronica's gonna get suspicious.
耶 维罗妮卡会起疑心的
Let's get this car back together fast. Right.
我们快把车拼回到一起吧 没错
Wow, these guys are incredible!
哇哦 这些家伙太不可思议了!
Ed, we know how Veronica gets this stuff.
艾德 我们知道维罗妮卡 如何得到的这些东西
Now we gotta flush out the source, the Frenchman.
现在我们得搜捕源头 法国人
To do that, Frank, we're gonna have to find out when the next drop will be.
那样的话我们得找到 下次毒品交易的时间
The car is all back together.
车都拼回一块了
We did the best we could. There were a few pieces left over.
我们尽力了 还剩下几片
You know, Frank,
你知道吗?弗兰克
I'll bet that doctor who gave you the car could give us some answers.
我敢打赌 给你车的医生那里 会有一些答案
You're right. Let's go.
你说得对 我们走
Sponge on this side, please.
请擦这边
All right, take him!
好的 抓住他!
After I returned the car, my boss and I grabbed the doctor
把车送回去之后 我和上司抓住了医生
and booked him for drug trafficking. What's going on here?
并以贩毒而控告他 这是怎么回事?
After a lengthy interrogation, he told us the next drop-off
在漫长的审问之后 他说出了下次的交易
was going to be that night, but he didn't know where.
会在明晚 但他还不知道地点
I decided to see if one of my sources knew anything.
我决定去看看线人那边 是否知道些什么
Johnny, what do you know about illegal narcotics?
强尼 关于非法毒品 你知道些什么吗?
The city's been bone-dry because of the unstable political situation
市内处于全面封禁 因为拉丁美洲的一些制毒国家
in the drug-producing countries of Latin America.
当前政局极不稳定
I understand there's gonna be a drop tonight.
我知道毒品交易 会在今晚进行
Do you know where?
你知道地点吗?
Word on the street has it the action's happening at Mr. V's.
小道消息称 行动会在“Mr.V”展开
Thanks, Johnny.
谢了 强尼
Johnny, uh, some kids on the show yesterday
强尼 昨晚在演出上的几个孩子
mentioned a new kind of music, ska.
提到一种新型音乐 斯卡曲风