剧集 | 百事,我的战斗机呢(2022) | 导航列表
But I don't think anybody was
overly concerned about it.
从那张支票被送来之后
From the minute that that check was dropped off,
大家可以说是如坐针毡
talk about being on pins and needles.
时间一天天过去了 什么都没有发生
Time was going by, nothing came,
但我接受了公♥司♥的挑战
but I'd met the company's challenge.
他们既然这么说了 那就得照做
They said this, they're gonna do it.
我一直在等待 我迫不及待想知道好吧 他们是怎么回应的?
I was waiting, and I was anxious to see, okay, what's the reply?
这是第一次 我不想说齐射
This is the first, I don't wanna say salvo,
但我们把球打过网去了
but we hit the ball over the net,
现在轮到你把球打回来了我等着你把球打回来
now it's your turn to hit the ball back. Waiting for you to hit the ball back.
陶德打电♥话♥给我:“有什么消息吗?”
Todd would call me, "Heard anything yet?"
我说:“没有 我没收到任何消息”
I'm like, "No, I haven't heard anything."
我回到了学校 恢复了工作
I go back to college, back to work,
飞奔回家
race home,
查看邮箱
check the mailbox,
问我妈妈:“有人打过电♥话♥来吗?”
go ask my mom, "Has anybody called?"
那样有些折磨人 感觉就像拜托 总得发生点什么啊
And it was a bit of torture. Like, "Man, something has to happen."
然后你就开始想:
Then you start thinking,
“那封信是不是卡在什么地方了?”
"Man, did the envelope get stuck someplace?"
“它是不是掉到缝隙里去了?”我的脑袋思绪万千
"Did it fall between a crack?" Everything was going through my mind.
有个人 可能是迈克尔 说过:
Someone, and it might have been Michael, said,
“嘿 不如我们留下那七十万美元
"Hey, why don't we keep the $700,000
然后给他寄一个广♥告♥里的模型?”
and we'll send him the model from the commercial?"
我觉得这是个好主意
Which I thought was kind of a cool idea.
他们可能会那样做
They could've done something like that,
而我们下一步会说:“那不是鹞式战斗机”
and our next step would've been, "That's not a Harrier Jet."
因为广♥告♥上没说:“模型 700万分”
Because it didn't say, "Mock-up: 7 million points."
而是说:“鹞式战斗机 700万分”
It said, "Harrier Jet: 7 million points."
然后 一天 一封信被投进了信箱
And then, one day, a letter comes in the mail.
我们早就预料到了
We got this anticipation.
你会想:
And you're like, "Is this an invitation to something good? Is it a blow-off?"
“这是邀请你去参与什么好事?还是驳回了你的要求?”
感觉挺酷的 但你
It was kinda cool.
还是在拆信的时候闭上了眼睛
But you're kinda closing your eyes as you open the envelope.
想着睁开眼后映入眼帘的会是什么
Kinda wondering what's gonna jump out at ya.
非常激动人心 我心想:“哇 我们抓住了大好时机”
It was exciting. I thought, "Wow, we've hit the big time."
但我当时非常紧张
But I was very nervous.
搭上那架鹞式战斗机该多么美好啊
What a dream to be riding in that Harrier Jet.
我已经迫不及待要体验首飞了
I couldn't wait for the first ride.
(百事可乐 免费兑换券)
“感谢您的努力哈哈哈 这本来就是个玩笑
"Thanks for the effort. Ha ha ha. It was meant to be a joke."
给您造成了不便随信赠送两箱百事可乐的优♥惠♥券”
"For your troubles, here's coupons for two cases of Pepsi."
百事可乐决定不兑现支票
Pepsi decided not to cash the check.
他们把它和一封“绝情信”一起寄了回来
They sent it back with a "Dear John letter," quote-unquote.
我们当时的反应都是:“是啊 行吧”
We were just along the lines of, "Yeah, right."
我可不这么认为
"I don't think so."
那是一种愚蠢的处理方式
It was kind of a jackass move blow-off.
“给您造成不便随信附上两箱百事可乐”
"Oh, here's two cases of Pepsi for your trouble."
在你终于筹到了七十万美元后?拜托
After you raise $700,000? Like, come on.
它被如此无视的结果就是:
The nature in which it was so dismissed kinda was like,
“好吧 如果你想这么玩的话…”
"All right, if that's how you want to play this…"
你知道的:“那就来吧”
You know, "Let's go."
我很生气 但我告诉你
I was pissed off, but I'll tell you one thing,
我们的下一次出招一定会精准完备
our next step, it had to be absolutely perfect.
这些人全都老练世故
These guys are sophisticated. These guys are smart.
他们都很聪明
他们有最优秀的代理人
They have the best representation.
这个20岁的小孩 他在胡乱出击
Here's this 20-year-old kid, he's kind of like bumping around.
还有我自己 我们…
And here's myself, and we're…
在法庭上我们跟那些人毫无可比性
We got nothing on these guys when it comes to fighting in a legal court.
我们有的东西就一样:那个广♥告♥
The only thing we have is one thing. The commercial.
(广♥告♥拍摄)
你们好啊
Hey, guys.
你们好啊 嘿 阿吉
Hey, guys. Hey, Aggie.
我很享受为百事可乐做事
I loved working on Pepsi.
我很享受在1990年代当创意总监
I loved being the creative director in the '90s.
我想知道你是怎么让一只熊跟着“村民乐队”的歌♥跳舞的?
What I want to know is
how do you get a bear to dance to the Village People?
我和一个叫唐的搭档合作我们坐在那里你一句我一句…
I work with a partner named Don, and we sit there and just back and forth--
我在试图让你说:
I'm trying to get where you have to be to say, "Hey, I know! Adolescent bears!"
“嘿 我知道了!青少年小熊!”
你必须用头撞墙…
You gotta be banging your head against the wall and--
-压力?在压力之下-对
Pressure? Under pressure. -Yeah.
给百事可乐拍广♥告♥是很不容易的
It's not easy to do a Pepsi commercial.
它对健康并没有好处
There's no health benefit.
除了好喝它什么都没有
There's nothing other than good taste.
好了 谁先来?
Okay, who's first?
但卖♥♥这种焦糖色的糖水
But there's a whole lot of money to be made
可以赚很多钱
in selling caramel-colored sugar water.
所以年复一年地推出巧妙的广♥告♥…
So coming up with a clever ad year after year,
是很困难的
it's difficult.
我觉得大家并不知道
I don't think people have any idea
一段60或30秒的广♥告♥背后要付出多少时间与努力
how much time and effort goes into a 60 or 30-second commercial.
我在百事可乐的广♥告♥前线奋战了近20年
I was on the front lines on Pepsi commercials for nearly 20 years.
我想写一本书
I wanted to write a book,
《我在“可乐之战”中的贡献》
What I Did During the Cola Wars.
那是可口可乐与百事可乐之争那是件大事
It was Coke versus Pepsi, and that was a big thing,
所以 被任何一方雇用那都是件大事 你明白吗?
and so to really be recruited by either side was a big deal, you know?
而那是你仅有的两个选择
And those were your only two choices.
我们当时都不知道自己还能喝水 你知道吗?
Like we didn't even know we could drink water back then, you know?
BBDO代表了巴特恩、巴顿、德斯廷和奥斯本
BBDO stands for Batten, Barton, Durstine and Osborn.
就算不是最顶尖的
It's one of the preeminent,
它也是全球广♥告♥公♥司♥中的佼佼者
if not the most preeminent, advertising agencies in the world.
如果你回看著名剧集《广♥告♥狂人》
You know, if you go back to the famous series Mad Men,
建立了天联广♥告♥公♥司♥的这几个人就是那样的
the guys that founded BBDO were right out of that.
《广♥告♥狂人》里
The whole Mad Men thing
人们大中午就喝得烂醉如泥 无法工作
of people getting plastered midday and not being able to function,
那是一种陌生的概念
that was a foreign concept.
它…不算太离谱他们在天联广♥告♥内部就有个酒吧
It… It… Not too far away. They had a bar at BBDO.
百事可乐的宣传压力永远都没有尽头
The pressure on Pepsi advertising was never-ending.
经常会在数月内连续通宵奋战
There were all-nighters for months on end.
没有假期 没有周末
No vacations, no weekends.
但大家挤破头
But people would have cut off a limb
都想过来为百事可乐打工
to be able to come over and work on the Pepsi business,
因为它能上新闻 非常令人振奋
because it was in the news and it was exciting.
在我的整个职业生涯中我们做了许多了不起的事
Out of my entire career, we've done all this wonderful stuff,
但如果你去谷歌♥
but if you Google…
我做过的事 跳出来的结果…
…you know, what I've done, the thing that comes up
是“鹞式战斗机”广♥告♥
is the Harrier Jet commercial.
(1995年 冬天)
布莱恩说:“我们要拿一大笔钱
Brian says, "We're gonna take a bunch of the money
把它投到这次史无前例的推广上
and shift it towards this never-been-done-before promotion
这次推广中我们会送出
where we're gonna give away gear and merchandise
各种装备和商品以换取大家多喝百事可乐”
in exchange for drinking a lot of Pepsi."
我们知道我们必须展示出目录里的东西
We knew we had to show the stuff that was in this catalog.
我必须说 这个目录还挺漂亮
I have to say it, the catalog looks pretty good.
它不能是一个普通的广♥告♥
This couldn't be a typical promotion ad
在里面你只是展示了目录 褒扬了这个项目
where you just showed the catalog and extolled the virtues of the program.
所以呢 首先是什么?
And so, what's first?
-嗯-你做了什么?
What do you do?
去办公室…
Go into the office…
和唐一起
With Don.
唐施耐德 我的搭档
Don Schneider, my partner.
锁上门
Lock the door.
白纸
Blank sheet of paper.
然后我们就想:“我们要怎么让这个目录变得吸引人?”
And we're thinking, "How do we make the catalog exciting?"
我们知道我们需要一个充满惊喜的有趣结局
We knew we needed
some sort of surprise ending that would be funny.
于是我突然想起 我小时候
So I recalled, just out of the blue, that when I was a kid,
在圣诞节期间
around Christmastime,
内曼马库斯 当时是德克萨斯州达拉斯市的一家大型百货公♥司♥…
Neiman Marcus, which then was a huge department store in Dallas, Texas…
他们派发的圣诞商品目录让人拍案叫绝
And the catalogs they would send out for Christmas were spectacular.
非常夸张的东西 一页又一页
Crazy, crazy stuff. Page after page.
但有一样东西让我一直觉得很不可思议
But they had this one thing that I was always amazed by,
剧集 | 百事,我的战斗机呢(2022) | 导航列表