剧集 | 百事,我的战斗机呢(2022) | 导航列表
I remember studying things in a classroom and going, like,
“我不想在教室里学法语我更愿意去法国”
"I don't wanna learn French in a class. I'd rather be in France."
我想要见识一切
And I wanted to see everything.
于是我拿了一张地图 上面有瑞士、意大利、南斯拉夫、希腊、
So I get a map, and there's Switzerland, Italy, Yugoslavia, Greece,
土耳其、伊朗、阿富汗、巴基斯坦、印度、尼泊尔 我想:“哦 好吧”
Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal.
然后我就开始了我的旅程
I was like, "Oh, okay," and started my journey.
最终 我去到了尼泊尔
Finally, I made it to Nepal.
到了昆布 珠穆朗玛峰所在的地区
And the Khumbu, the region where Mount Everest is.
我感觉:“这才是我的归宿”
I was like, "This is where I belong."
它雕刻了我生命中的很大一部分
And it sculpted a large part of my life.
我在世界各地登山
I was climbing all over the world.
在出事之前 从未停歇过
And didn't stop until something happened to me.
1992年 我病倒了
I got sick in 1992,
那是一个挺大的脑瘤
and it was a, you know, pretty big size brain tumor.
我想他们说过得这种肿瘤的概率是20万分之一
I think they said one in 200,000 people got this kind of tumor.
这就好比上帝下到人间
That'd be like if God went down the line and said, "No. Jeff, no."
然后说:“…不 杰夫 不”
他来到1006♥4♥7人面前而我就站在那里 然后他说:“你”
He gets to 100,6♥4♥7 people, and I'm standing there, and he goes, "You."
于是我说:“什么情况?”
So I'm like, "What the hell?"
1992年 肿瘤被切除了
And it was removed in '92.
在我终于能出院回家时
When I got out of the hospital and finally was able to go home,
我拄着拐杖走路有点歪 流着口水
I was walking a little bit crooked with a cane,
and a little drool coming out there,
一边的耳朵失去了听力
and deaf on one side.
走到车道尽头对我来说都不太容易
It wasn't comfortable for me to walk to the end of my driveway.
但我每天都会那样做
But I did it every day, and I got a little bit further.
最终 我变得越来越强壮
Eventually, you know, I was getting stronger,
我的目标是能重新登上山峰
and my goal was to get up on a mountain again.
我跟我的医生们说过
And, uh, I spoke with my doctors
我跟他们说:“登山呢?做这个 做那个呢?”
and I said to 'em, "What about climbing? What about doing this or that?"
他们说:“好吧你选点别的事做可能会更好”
And they were like, "Well, it might be good to choose something different."
我说:“我不这么认为”
I was just like, "I don't think so."
我完全不那么想
"I don't think so at all."
我真的很不喜欢那样
It really rubbed me the wrong way.
于是我选了北美最高的山峰
So, I chose the highest mountain in North America.
阿♥拉♥斯加的德纳利山
Mount Denali in Alaska.
我战战兢兢地去到了那里
I went there with a lot of trepidation.
我还在头痛和剧烈地心跳还有各种各样的讨厌症状
I still had headaches and pounding and all this other kind of shit going on.
但我非常激动我看到的是这件事积极的一面
But I was excited. I was looking at the positive side of it.
那次登山旅途中约翰是个年幼的登山向导
On that climbing trip, John was a junior climbing guide.
第一次一起出行我们经历了好几次暴风雪
Our first trip together, we sat through a number of storms.
如果你们待在一个帐篷里 肩并着肩
If you stay in a tent, shoulder to shoulder,
一起度过了整整七天你们会聊到很多东西
for seven straight days, you talk about a lot of stuff.
我当时20岁 陶德刚过40
So I'm 20. Todd's early forties.
他在汽车销♥售♥和其他行业很成功
He had been successful in the car business, other ventures.
我在汽车行业长大后来我进入了出版业
I grew up in the automobile business,
and then I went into publishing, restaurants, real estate.
餐厅、房♥地♥产♥我在每个行业都做得非常好
And I was doing well in all of them.
约翰比大家都年轻他是个无与伦比的小伙子
John was much younger than everybody, and he was just the nicest kid.
一个经常体验生活中美好事物的人
One guy that was used to the finer things in life,
这个天真的孩子正试图
and this naive kid
弄清楚生活中更美好的东西是什么
that was trying to understand what the finer things in life was.
约翰总是充满了同情心是个很好的人
John was always a compassionate, really good guy, you know,
那次登山让我们成为了朋友
and we became friends on that climb.
登上各大洲的最高峰的渴望
We were brought together by this mutual desire
将我们聚在了一起
to go to climb the highest mountain in each continent.
(南美洲 钦博拉索山)
(北美洲 雷尼尔山)
(南美洲 阿空加瓜山)
(亚洲 珠峰)
经年累月陶德和约翰建立了深厚的友谊
Over the years, Todd and John developed a wonderful friendship,
我把儿子托付给了陶德而他不负所望
and I did kind of turn over my son to Todd, and he did a great job.
他把他教育得很好
He did a good job of raising him.
在生意场上积累了一些经验
Having some experience in the business world,
约翰觉得自己可以实现各种想法而我会尽我所能给他意见
John felt he could pitch different ideas, and I would give him my best advice.
然后他就会去实践这个想法
And then he pitched this idea,
这非常出人意料
which was so out of left field.
这可能是他听过最离谱的想法
It may have been the craziest one he'd ever heard.
我只能想象 在陶德的职业生涯中
I can only imagine, in Todd's professional life,
他听过各种各样的想法
he'd had a lot of ideas come at him,
但他会听取我的想法 这是有原因的
but there was a reason why he listened to mine.
我当然觉得这很有趣但我也觉得这孩子疯了
Of course, I thought it was interesting, but I also thought he was crazy.
我说:“能让我看看那个广♥告♥吗?”
I said, "Well, can I see the commercial?"
他说:“电视上就有你可以在电视上看” 我说:
He goes, "Well, it's on TV. You can see it on TV."
“帮我拷贝一份让我看”
I said, "Just get me a copy of the commercial so I can see it."
(夏天 1995年)
然后我说:“你能再放一遍吗?”
And I was like, "Uh, could you play that again?"
完胜公交车
Sure beats the bus.
再放一遍
Play it again.
完胜公交车
Sure beats the bus.
再放一遍
Play it again.
我只是想第90次确定
I just want to make sure, for the 90th time,
我以为自己看到的确实就是我看到的内容
that what I think I saw is actually what I saw.
我简直不敢相信 难以置信
I can't believe it. I couldn't believe it.
我心想:“我去这家伙真的会考虑这件事”
I was like, "Holy shit. This guy's actually gonna think about this."
他看得出来 我很有兴趣
He could see I was really interested.
他们总会在广♥告♥上放免责声明
They put disclaimers on ads all the time.
这个广♥告♥里没有免责声明但接着我得继续下一步
They didn't have a disclaimer on this ad. But then I had to go to the next step.
好吧 现在我喜欢上这个广♥告♥了 它是个虚假广♥告♥
Okay, now I like what the commercial shows, which is false advertising.
我觉得那是个虚假广♥告♥现在让我们来进行第二步
I think it's false advertising. Now let's go to step two.
把你的商业计划写下来这是你的买♥♥卖♥♥ 约翰
Write your business plan down. This is your deal, John.
(商业计划)
我从来没写过商业计划我不知道它是什么样子的
I'd never done a business plan. I didn't know what a business plan looked like.
但我有自己认为可行的方案
But I had what I thought was this viable thing that could be done.
我甚至不知道当时有没有Windows了
I don't even know if Windows was in yet.
那甚至可能是微软磁盘操作系统
This is maybe even MS-DOS.
我想我用的是“完美文书”
I think it's WordPerfect I was using at the time.
我打开“完美文书”打出了一份商业计划
So, I'm in WordPerfect typing up a business plan.
你知道的 点阵打印机的那种声音…
You know that sound on the dot matrix printers…
最终 我完成了一份正式的商业计划
Eventually, I had a formal business plan.
陶德说:“好吧如果你真的想尝试一下
Todd's like, "All right, if you really want to make a go at this,
那就像个大人一样飞过来向我推销你的方案”
put your big boy pants on, fly down, and make a pitch to me."
那现在咱们实话实说吧
So now let's tell the truth.
嘿 约翰尼
Hey, Johnny. -I presented the business plan.
我介绍了我的商业计划
(商业计划)
(积攒700万百事积分以获得一架鹞式战斗机)
那是一笔价值数百万美元的交易为了获得所需的全部积分
It was a multimillion-dollar business deal to go out and acquire all of the points.
要获得积分
And to acquire the points,
上面列出了劳动力成本、运输成本、储存成本
it spelled out labor costs, transportation costs, storage costs.
在当时 这需要花费430万美元
And at the time, it would cost $4.3 million.
我说:“什么?”
And I go, "What?"
每一打可乐价值五个积分
So each 12-pack was worth five points.
我要买♥♥140万打才能得到700万个积分
I'd need to buy 1.4 million 12-packs to get to 7 million points.
也就是超过1600万罐百事可乐
That's over 16 million cans of Pepsi.
我们要把这上千万罐可乐放哪里?
Where are we putting millions of cans?
“我们在各个地方租仓库”
"Well, you know, we'll rent warehouses, like, all over the place."
140万打百事可乐
1.4 million 12-packs of Pepsi
要占据差不多16990立方米的储存空间
would take up almost 600,000 cubic feet of storage space.
于是我想到了一计划
So, I'd come up with a plan.
六大主要城区 六个仓库
Six major metropolitan areas, six warehouses,
以及每个仓库的相关人员数量
and the associated amount of people in each of those warehouses.
负责采购的人、
People to go out and buy the points,
负责运输的人、负责剪下积分券的人
people to drive the trucks, people to cut the points off.
于是我想
So I'm thinking probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 people.
这可能需要45个人
我估计我们可以在三个月内完成
I estimated that we could do it in three months.
当时有一家公♥司♥ 名叫“整装待工”
Back then, there was a company called Labor Ready.
如果有人需要临时工就打电♥话♥给“整装待工”
If somebody needed temporary labor, you'd call Labor Ready.
我记得我打电♥话♥给“整装待工”从他们那里得到了数据
So I remember calling Labor Ready up, and getting the number from them.
然后我就把它加载到商业计划里
That's what I put in this business plan.
(700万积分)
我说:“好吧你现在完全是疯了 约翰
And I was like, "Okay, you… You've really lost it now, John."
我还是很爱你 但你已经疯了”
"Still love you, but you've lost it."
我笃信我们可以成功
I was convinced that we could make it work,
但陶德还是指出了很多有陷阱
but Todd was able to point out a lot of the… a lot of the pitfalls.
他在其中发现了许多漏洞他提出了很尖锐的问题
And he poked a lot of holes in it.
He had hard questions.
剧集 | 百事,我的战斗机呢(2022) | 导航列表