剧集 | 百事,我的战斗机呢(2022) | 导航列表
with 700 million Pepsi Points,
我们今天就不会是这个境地了
we wouldn't be sitting here today.
当我们带百事可乐的人到剪辑室给他们看初版时
When we brought Pepsi to the editorial house
to show them the rough cut,
结尾播出的这个原版条件
it ended with the original offer.
七亿
700 million.
他们最后说:“我们能再看一遍吗?”
And at the end they said, "Can we see it again?"
这很不寻常 于是我们又放了一遍
Which wasn't unusual, and we ran it again.
然后其中一位客户
And then one of the clients said,
说:
“七亿百事积分”
"The 700 million Pepsi Points,"
他说:“我觉得这个数字太难看清了”
he said, "I find that hard to read."
我们说:“什么意思?”
We said, "What do you mean?"
那个时候 我记得我们在剪辑室有过讨论
At some point, I do remember there was a discussion in the editing room
内容是:“嘿 这不会太长了吗?”
about, "Hey, is it too long?"
因为数字越长字号♥就会越小 它需要能适应屏幕
Because the longer the number, the smaller the number. It needs to fit in the frame.
滚动过的数字太多了
There were so many points scrolled across.
有人说:
Somebody said,
“这看起来有点太繁琐了”
"That looks a little busy."
我不记得了
I don't recall it.
我…
I'm… I'm… I'm pretty sure I didn't do that.
我很确定我没那么说
我很确定我的团队没有人…但我不知道一切是怎么发生的
I'm pretty sure nobody on my team…
但它确实发生了
I dunno how it happened, but it did, you know.
于是我们让剪辑师去掉了一个零
So we had the editor take out one of the zeros
最后变成了7000万
and make it 70 million.
然后他说
And he said, "I still think that's hard to read."
“我还是觉得这样很难认”
我们说:“好吧”
And we said, "Okay."
他说:“再去掉一个零”于是我们改成了700万
He says, "Take out another zero." So we make it seven million.
然后我们放了一遍他说:“这下能看清了
And we run that, and he goes, "I can read that."
我们应该用700万分你们觉得如何?”
"We should go with the seven million points."
"What do you think?"
然后大家都同意他
And the people with him, they all agreed.
他们都同意了
我觉得他们应该更清楚
I think they should have known better. It was their promotion.
这是他们的营销计划
它通过了他们的法务
It went through their legal system.
上面有律师写的内容
And there's words in here that were written by lawyers
确保一切都是合规的 真实的
to make sure everything was kosher, and straight-up.
那只是审美的问题
It was… It was just an aesthetic… It was an aesthetic, uh, uh, uh, thing.
我稍微反对了一下
I gave it a minor pushback.
“你不用确切地看出是七亿来
"You don't have to read that it's exactly 700 million."
你只需要看到是一个七后面跟着一大堆零
"You just have to see there's a seven with a lot of zeros behind it
知道这是不可能的而且很有趣就行了”
to know that it is impossible and funny."
对方反对说:“我希望数字比较容易认清
And I got the pushback that, "I want it to be readable
因为我不想他们在那儿好奇这玩意儿要花多少积分”
'cause I don't want them wondering what this thing is gonna cost."
所以我就放弃了 我说:“好吧 它没那么有趣”
So that's why I gave up. I said, "All right, it's not as funny."
就像那个孩子也没那么有趣一样而这最终导致了灾难
It's just like the kid wasn't as funny.
And it led to disaster.
没人想过十美分换一个积分的事情
Nobody thought about the ten-cents-a-point thing
因为大家一致认为并且接受了
because it was unanimously understood and accepted
这就是个恶作剧
that this was a gag.
我们没有太把它当回事
We did not take this very seriously.
在我们看来这与我们所做的其他一切的精神契合
From our view, it was in the spirit of everything else that we did.
它只是我们的幽默感的一部分
It was just part of our sense of humor.
所以…
And so
我们期待公众的反应也会是那样的
we expected the public to act that way.
他们以为自己得到了一个容易辨认的数字
They thought they had a number that was readable.
我什么都没听到
I didn't hear anything,
然后一天
and then one day,
“老狼”杰夫莫尔多斯跑来我办公室跟我说:
Jeff Mordos, The Wolf, comes to my door and he says to me, "Mick,
“米克
我就是告诉你一声 你可能会被传唤
just wanna let you know that you're probably gonna be subpoenaed."
律师想找你谈谈听听你对事情的看法”
"Lawyers wanna talk to you and get your view on things."
于是我告诉杰夫 我说:“杰夫 我不知道你做了什么
So I said to Jeff, I said, "Jeff, I don't know what you do."
你不会想让我出庭作证的
"You don't want me testifying. I can't be put under oath."
我不能去宣誓”
我可能会成为他们为百事可乐找的最糟糕的证人
I would have been the worst witness they could have called for Pepsi.
因为如果你说:“嘿 听着我投放的广♥告♥
'Cause if you go, "Hey, listen, the commercial I presented
有这样的结局 它被客户
had this ending, and it was changed by the client to this ending,
改成了这样的结局导致了这件事的发生”
情况会很糟糕的
and that made this whole thing happen," it would have been terrible.
就是这么巧!
Well, there's the case!
他们想让它显得可信而它也确实可信度很高
They wanted to make it credible, and therefore it was credible.
“我们百事可乐真的很努力地让它显得可信
"Well, we… We, Pepsi, really tried to make it credible."
我们宣传说它要700万积分这样它就很可信了”
"We advertised it for seven million points,
so it would be credible."
杰夫看着我 他就这么看着我 他说:
And Jeff looked at me, he just looked at me, and he said,
“好吧 米克”
"Okay, Mick."
然后他就走了
And he left.
他们不希望我们得到那些设计、
They did not want us to have depositions, under oath,
开♥发♥、并执行了这次活动的人的宣誓证词
of the people who designed, developed, and executed this campaign.
我们和法官争论
We argued to the judge
应该有更多的证据
that additional discovery should be had.
她没能被说服 因为她说 在她看来
She wasn't persuaded because she said, look, in her view,
她已经掌握了所有相关事实
she had all of the relevant facts already.
广♥告♥本身、奖品目录、
The advertisement itself and the catalog,
约翰伦纳德和百事可乐之间的通信
the correspondence between John Leonard and Pepsi.
在她看来
As far as she was concerned,
这些就是判断一个理性之人是否会把这
that's all that was relevant to determining whether a reasonable person
当成是真正的奖品所需的全部证据了
could have taken this as an offer.
没有 我没有作证 没有被传唤
No, I was not deposed, was not called,
没有以任何方式被询问过这个案子
was not inquired upon in any way regarding the case.
这个…还挺让我惊讶的
Which… It's little surprising.
如今回看一切 我依然不明白为什么
Looking back on it, to this day, I still don't know why
我们不能再进一步 让大家宣誓作证
we weren't able to penetrate and get folks deposed.
似乎牵涉到了一大堆人
There was seemingly a long list of people
如果能听听事情的真♥相♥那就好了
that it would have been great to hear what actually happened.
一家大型企业非常清楚该如何操弄这个系统
A big corporation knows how to game the system very well,
他们有权力 他们有政♥治♥牵引力
and they have the power and they have the political pull,
但是像约翰或我这样的人
whereas somebody like John or myself…
约翰是个小人物我们没有那样的人脉
John's a little guy. We don't have those kind of connections.
(1999年约翰看到那段广♥告♥的四年后)
我们在这事上耗了很多年了
We're years into it.
事情一直拖着
Things are dragging on.
来来回♥回♥的简报
Briefings back and forth.
法律程序似乎也不会有任何进展
It didn't seem like the legal process was going anywhere.
初期的那种开心…
Those early thrills of
各种进展 那种兴奋 已经不见了
things happening, the excitement,
it was gone.
在这场持久战进行的同时
You know, as this protracted battle was going on,
陶德和我继续一起去登山
Todd and I continued climbing together.
我们去登珠峰
We go to climb Mount Everest.
我印象最深的是在大本营
I remember specifically being at base camp.
和大卫纳克曼用卫星电♥话♥往来通话
Conversations going back and forth with David Nachman on a satellite phone.
之后不久 我做出了最终的决定
Shortly thereafter, getting the final word.
我能不能…
Can I…
我来看看
Let me see here.
啊 伍德法官的决定
Ah, Judge Wood's decision.
对于一个简单的合同案来说这是段相当冗长的意见
It's… It's a rather lengthy opinion for a straightforward contracts case.
在我看来 毫无疑问
There's no question in my mind,
伍德法官可能认为她是在依法撰文
Judge Wood thought she might have been writing for the law books.
在我看来 这份书面意见
To me, the written opinion,
里面有一些让人难以置信的可笑之处
there's some unbelievable comedy in there.
你都不敢相信…
You can't believe… It's funnier than the commercial.
它比广♥告♥还好笑
这里 她在从相当不寻常的角度试图解释“幽默”
Here she is in the unusual position of trying to explain humor.
“幽默可以像青蛙一样被解剖但在这个过程中它会死去”
"Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process."
她说没有哪间学校会为学生的战斗机提供停车位
She says, um, no school would make parking space for a student's fighter jet.
她批评广♥告♥里的飞行员没有戴头盔
She criticizes, um, the commercial for not having the pilot wear a helmet.
我们基本上就是收到了百事可乐案的死亡通知
And we get, uh, you know, essentially a death notification on the Pepsi case.
她认为这个案子没有法律依据
She determines that the case didn't have merit.
他们提供的奖品
That the offer that was made
一个理性之人并不会把它当成是一个真正的奖品
would not have been seen by a reasonable person as a legitimate offer.
他们的理由是
The big thing that they hung their hat on
没有一个理性的人会认为那则广♥告♥是可信的
was that no reasonable person could find this ad credible.
他们的宣传受众是谁?
Who are they advertising to?
剧集 | 百事,我的战斗机呢(2022) | 导航列表