剧集 | 百事,我的战斗机呢(2022) | 导航列表
(问题一 拥有一架鹞式战斗机是否合法?)
合法问题
A legitimate question.
如果不能购买♥♥鹞式战斗机
If somebody could not buy a Harrier Jet,
那从表面上来看广♥告♥奖品就是不合法的
then on the face of the offer, it was not legitimate.
1995年还没有维♥基♥百♥科♥ 对吧?
1995, no Wikipedia, right?
当时还需要翻阅百科全书来查找相关资料
It was still going into encyclopedias and looking some of this stuff up.
我就是从那个时候开始尝试联♥系♥五角大楼的人的
And that's when I started trying to reach out to folks in the Pentagon.
(五角大楼 9点)
我的说辞是:我在做学校的一个项目
My approach was, "I'm working on a school project."
我觉得 从某种程度上来说这就是一种 “学校的项目”
Which I think, at some level, it was a, quote, school project.
我记得 不知怎么的
I remember, somehow,
联♥系♥上了一位五角大楼的发言人
getting in touch with a spokesperson for the Pentagon.
好像是 凯文培根或者肯恩培根
It was, like, Kevin Bacon or Ken Bacon.
-凯文培根是演《满身是劲》的…-他是个演员
Kevin Bacon was from Footloose-- -He's an actor.
来跳舞吧!
Let's dance!
我可以想象他是怎么想的
I can only imagine what he was thinking.
有个人打电♥话♥问他能不能买♥♥一架鹞式战斗机
Somebody calling him to see whether or not you could buy a Harrier Jet.
大体上 我得到的回答是 可以 能买♥♥
Essentially, what I got was that, yes, you could,
但是上面不能配备任何武器
but it couldn't have all the armaments on it.
那样是违法的
That was something that would make it illegal.
但如果你获得了一架鹞式战斗机
But if you could somehow acquire a Harrier Jet
上面没有导弹、雷达干♥扰♥器♥
and it didn't have the missiles, the radar jamming stuff,
那就没有什么规定禁止你这样做
that there was not a prohibition against it.
一架飞机价值3200万美元但你不可能只买♥♥一架
For one, it was $32,000,000, but you couldn't just buy one.
你必须最少买♥♥六架以上
You had to buy a minimum of six or something like that.
-那不是我们要操心的-对
That wasn't our problem. -Yeah.
但我得到了那个答案 问题解决了…
But I got to that answer and I was able to get over that hurdle with--
-对-它是否合法的这个问题
Yeah. -With regard to was it legal or not.
-以及你有没有可能买♥♥到它们-对
Right. -And could you get them.
他说:“好吧
He's like, "All right,
那假设你得到它了你打算怎么处置它?”
so you get a Harrier Jet, what are you gonna do with it?"
(问题二 得到飞机后我们怎么处置它?)
我们要立刻把它卖♥♥了吗?
Are we selling it right away?
那无疑会让我们看起来好像就只是想买♥♥百事可乐一样
That certainly would look like we were just trying to get Pepsi.
我们来谈谈…你想用它做什么?
Let's talk about… What do you want to do with this?
我必须提出一些方案
I had to put forward a number of ways
让我们不仅能够收回最初的投资
that we were not only gonna be able to recoup the original investment,
还能让它变得有利可图
but also turn it into something that was viable.
然后他说:“我们可以让大家来乘坐飞机
And you know, they're, cra-- "Oh, we're gonna do rides."
就像坐摩天轮一样”
You know, like it's a Ferris wheel ride.
陶德说…
Todd was like,
“据我所知 那上面只有一个座位”
"Best I know, there's only one seat in that thing."
他说:“好吧我想带它去参加空中表演”
He said, "Well, I want to take it to air shows."
他认为这可能是一个有利可图的商机
He signed off on the fact there could be a viable business opportunity
用于空中表演、广♥告♥、电影之类的
with air shows and advertisements and movies and whatnot.
然后我们会这样做 我们会那样做
"Then we're gonna do this, we're gonna do that."
我说:“好吧 这是你的商业计划”
I was like, "Okay, that's your business plan."
这个问题解决了
Solved that one.
但最终
But ultimately, he did put something forward that was insurmountable,
他确实提出了一些无法解决的问题
一些我没有答案的问题
that I couldn't have an answer for.
一个合理的问题
A legitimate question.
如果你开始实施了但他们结束了活动怎么办?
So, what if you get going and they end the contest?
当我们得到了699.5万分了但你再也无法获得积分了怎么办?
What happens when we get 6,995,000 points, and you can't get them anymore?
我们要怎么办?
Um, then what do we do?
对啊 怎么处理这么多罐百事可乐?
Right, with all these cans of Pepsi?
约翰 你是个很优秀的人但这是不可能的
"John, you're a great guy. This ain't happening."
我告诉你 这是不可能的
"I'm just gonna tell you that. This is not happening."
这根本毫无意义 这太离谱了
"It makes no sense. It's cra-- It's insane."
陶德对二手百事可乐的二级市场并不看好
Todd didn't see much of a secondary market for used Pepsi cans.
于是
And so,
这条路算是走到了终点
that was kind of the eventual end of that road.
我撞过很多南墙
I hit a wall that I could not get past.
(特别 700万积分)
我全身心地投入在这事上了 对吧?
I had been fully invested in this, right?
我真的觉得这是我第一次有机会真正去做点什么
And I really saw this as, like,
my first opportunity to really do something.
他因此觉得有些崩溃…有点丧气
He felt a little bit shattered by it. A little bit deflated.
虽然我确信陶德认为这件事已经过去了…
Though I'm sure Todd thought it was a done deal,
但它依然盘踞在我脑海中
it still didn't leave my mind.
它还在不停地旋转 是吧?
It was still just spinning, right?
作为一个20岁的人我觉得这是个千载难逢的机会
As a 20-year-old, this felt like a once-in-a-lifetime chance.
回到了西雅图 我回到了学校
Back in Seattle, so I'm back going to school.
继续擦我的窗户
Back washing windows.
后来 我走进一家便利店
And I go into a convenience store,
那里有一个百事积分活动的
and there's this whole point-of-purchase display
积分消费展示架
of the Pepsi Points campaign.
接着…嘭!
And then… boom!
上面有些小目录
There are these little catalogs.
当我怀着“本来可以成功”的心态
I started thumbing through the catalog,
开始翻阅其中一本目录时
kind of with this what-could-have-been mindset.
心想着 天啊我就差一点点了 你明白吗?
Like, "Oh man, I was this close." You know?
我觉得自己只差这么一点或者也许就差这么点了
I thought I was that close, right? Or maybe that close.
我翻到了最后 开始看它的小字说明
I get to the end of it, I just… I'm reading the fine print.
在小字说明的最后一行
And at, like, the very bottom of the fine print,
上面写着可以购买♥♥百事积分
it says something about being able to buy Pepsi Points
每个积分10美分
for 10 cents apiece.
只要你曾提交过15个以上的积分
And so long as you submitted a minimum of 15 points,
你就能购买♥♥百事积分了
you could buy the balance of the Pepsi Points.
然后我快速计算了一下
And then I did the quick math.
我说:“我勒个去”
And I was like, "Holy mackerel."
我的成本从430万美元变成了70万美元
I just went from $4.3 million to 700k.
我迫不及待地拨通电♥话♥
And I couldn't get to a phone fast enough.
(鹞式战斗机 3200万)
用的还是台旋转拨号♥的电♥话♥我打给陶德 兴奋不已
One of those little rotary dial phones.
And I'm calling Todd. I'm so excited.
语♥音♥信箱
Voicemail.
商业计划中的所有障碍、所有漏洞…
and all these holes that were punched in the business plan…
All these hurdles,
就这么迎刃而解了
…just went right out the window.
陶德有部手♥机♥
Todd had a cell phone, and then he had two phone numbers.
他有两个电♥话♥号♥码 我都打过了
I called all those numbers, and I called them all a bunch of times,
每个号♥码都打了很多次直到他最终接起了电♥话♥
until finally, he picked me up.
我觉得当时没有来电显示这给了我莫大的帮助
I think, at the time, I benefited from the fact that there was no caller ID.
我说:“陶德我知道了 我们有办法了”
I'm like, "Todd, I got it. We're there."
然后我给他详细做了解释把内容读给他听
And I walked him through. I read it to him.
(想买♥♥多少百事积分都可以)
我们发现了一个漏洞里面有些关键因素
We found a loophole. There's some meat and potatoes in there.
我说:“现在我得认真考虑一下这件事了”
And I was just like,
"I need to think about this seriously now."
我是只美洲獾 对吧?我又复活了
I'm a badger, right? I'm alive again.
梦想再次复活了我要把那架该死的飞机弄到手
The dream is back alive. I'm gonna get the freaking jet.
在我写支票的时候有人会看到那张支票
When I write this check, somebody's gonna see that check.
有人会问:“那张支票是谁写的?”
And somebody's gonna go, "Who wrote that check?"
他们会说:“哦 是这个叫陶德霍夫曼的人”
They're gonna go, "Oh, it was this guy named Todd Hoffman."
而我 那让我觉得很紧张
And I'm, like, that made me nervous,
因为 我一直行事低调
because I always flew under the radar.
而这就像是把你的大拇指直接捅进百事可乐的眼睛里一样
This is taking your thumb, and this is sticking it right in the eye of Pepsi.
然后我说:“你知道吗?
And then I said, "You know what?"
管他们去死吧 老弟”
"The hell with them, man."
如果不是在镜头前我会换另一种说法
I'd use different language if I weren't on camera.
这是Netflix 你想怎么说都行
This is Netflix. You can use whatever language.
操他们的
Fuck them.
我现在就写支票 现在就把它寄出去
I'm writing the check, and I'm sending it in.
成了 我们的大冒险开始了
And here we go. We're on our adventure.
他们从没想过会有个约翰伦纳德
They never figured there ever would be a John Leonard.
退一步说 就算有约翰伦纳德
And secondly, if there was a John Leonard,
他们也永远不会想得到还有个陶德霍夫曼
they never figured there'd be a Todd Hoffman.
把百事可乐带上来吧
Bring on Pepsi.
(百事可乐)
当发生这样的事时
When something comes up like this,
法律…能够抹杀一切
legal, you know, will kill anything.
百事可乐有那样的能力
Pepsi has that power.
并会使用那样的能力
And uses that power.
没有人能与之对抗
And nobody can fight it.
你必须认真对待它 但没有一个人
You gotta treat it pretty seriously,
剧集 | 百事,我的战斗机呢(2022) | 导航列表