Back when the city was cheap,
每次有公♥寓♥出♥售♥ 他们就会买♥♥下
whenever a unit would open up on their floor, they would grab it.
她会用来教音乐课
You know, she'd use it for music classes or,
如果有学生碰到困难 也可以让他们暂住
you know, uh, let a kid stay there if he was going through tough times.
但她过世后
But with her gone,
杜登奥夫教授住在空荡荡的楼层
Professor Dudenoff was living amid, um, an empty hallway.
他舍不得放弃那些公♥寓♥
He just couldn't bear to give up those apartments.
有一天晚上 在玩了几小时的叫鬼牌后...
And one night, after many hours of Oh Hell,
他决定他不要变成那种寂寞的怪老头
he decided that he wasn't going to turn into one of those weird lonely old men.
他为我们犯了法
He broke the law for us,
好让我们有机会实现梦想
so that we could have a chance at our dreams.
但他也有一个梦想
But he had a dream, too.
去葡萄牙生活
To live in Portugal.
于是他离开了
And he left.
后来我们再也没有他的消息
And, no, we haven't heard from him since.
我们确实故弄玄虚 持续兑现他的支票
And, yes, we've been keeping up the ruse and... cashing his checks.
这就是事情的原委
So that's the whole thing?
对 我们可以再说一次
Yeah, we could do it again if you like.
我还可以表演喜剧版
I could do a comedy version if you want--
不用了
谢谢你 - 天啊 不要
Thank you. - Oh God, no.
看来话都说完了
Okay, I think we're done here.
还没有
Not yet.
叮咚时间到了
It's ding-dong time.
你们用了叮咚
You pulled a ding-dong?
那是个好主意
It was a good idea.
赫嘉
Helga?!
你来这里做什么
What are you doing here?
梅宝用火腿无线电联络我
Mabel reached out on the ham radio.
我是来说明真香的
I'm here to tell the truth.
「我们承受不了真香」
We can't handle the truth.
你就是赫嘉
You're Helga?
我以为你没牙齿 拿着棍子
I imagined you toothless with a club.
别理他 赫嘉 他的脑袋积了很多灰尘
Disregard him, Helga. His brain is covered with plaque.
请你继续说
Please go on.
我是在我刚成为锁匠时 认识杜登奥夫的
I-I first met Dudenoff when I'd just become a locksmith,
那是我儿时的梦想
which was my childhood dream.
等等 真的吗 - 假的
Wait? Really? - No.
我看起来像锁匠吗 我这么正
Do I look like a locksmith? I'm hot.
我父亲过世 把生意留给我了
So, my father died and left me the business.
他是我的一切 直到我认识杜登奥夫
He was all I had until I met Dudenoff.
你当时还没出生 这首主题曲...
You know, it's before your time, but that's the theme song to--
《活宝兄弟》主题曲 对不对
It's Perfect Strangers, yes? I know.
对
Yes.
是啊 - 我从来没见过
Yeah. - You know, I've never met anyone
这么常搞丢钥匙的人
who loses their keys this often.
你这个年纪的人 通常会把它装在伸缩腰带上
Some people your age put it on a retractable belt...
这不是失智症
It's not dementia.
我老是搞丢钥匙 我...
I always lose my keys. I--
以前我太太会帮我开门 但是...
My wife used to let me in, but...
好了
Okay!
真厉害
Ah, look at that.
你这个年纪的人能记住什么密♥码♥
So, uh, what is a code that someone your age can remember?
可以用...
How about, um,
「叫鬼牌」
"Oh Hell"?
等等 那个纸牌游戏 - 你知道
Wait, like the card game? - You know it?
以前我跟我父亲常玩
My father and I used to play all the time.
他死后就没机会了
I haven't since he died.
抱歉 你看起来跟他好像
I'm sorry, you just look so much like him.
只是他很高 有一头金发又很帅
Except, uh, he was tall. And blonde. And hot.
叫鬼牌和《活宝兄弟》
Oh Hell and Perfect Strangers.
我们每周五晚上有个小小牌局
You know, uh, we have this little card game Friday nights.
我就是这样认识大家的
And that is how I met the gang.
有何不可
Why not?
对 我也在场
Yeah, I was there, too.
来 - 我相信他们都没提到
I'm sure they didn't mention that.
天啊 - 对
Wow. - Yeah!
看好了
一开始 他们是我在纽约市见过最亲切的人
At first, they were the nicest group of people I had met in New York City,
我一直很想融入这里
a place I'd always wanted to call home.
赫嘉 你住在哪里
Helga, so where do you live, honey?
一间很棒的小屋 搭地铁只要85站而已
Uh, it's a wonderful little hovel. It's only 85 train stops away.
你们会喜欢的
You'd love it.
后来他给我们这些舒适 便宜的公♥寓♥
Then, he gave us these nice cheap apartments,
把一群陌生人变成了一家人
and he turned a bunch of perfect strangers into a family.
(赫嘉)
但是几年后...
But a few years later...
他走了
...he was gone.
他说他很不想用字条道别 但他受够说再见了
Said he felt bad doing it in a note, but he'd had enough of goodbyes.
他去葡萄牙了
He was off to Portugal.
(赫嘉 一万元)
帮助我们实现梦想后 他想要圆自己的梦
After helping us with our dreams, he wanted to live his.
我知道使用那座旧焚化炉会导致电源突波
I knew the power only surged when the old incinerator was used,
但我当时还没有起疑
but I didn't suspect anything. Yet...
(《大楼谋杀疑云》)
突然间 我们从天天交谈变成无言以对
Suddenly, we all went from talking every day to nothing.
完全的静默
Total silence.
然后你们的线上电台开播了
And then, your podcast started.
可以肯定的是
One thing was for sure.
亚柯尼亚大楼有人想掩盖什么
Someone in the Arconia was hiding something.
有个杀人狂 对一只完美 常排气的狗下毒
A homicidal freak who poisoned a perfect, if gassy, dog.
每个人都神秘兮兮的
Everyone was acting so secretive.
赫嘉
Helga!
我听了线上电台
I listened to the podcast.
大楼里有人做了 那些莫名其妙的事来吓唬你们
All those unexplained things someone in the building was doing to scare you.
万一是他们想要掩盖他们做过的事呢
What if it was them trying to cover up what they had done?
来玩牌吧
Let's play cards.
我开始思考
And I started to wonder.
请坐
Please.
那晚怎么会有电源突波
Why did the power surge that night?
我无法证明他们跟杜登奥夫的消失有关
I couldn't prove they had anything to do with Dudenoff's disappearance,
但我心知肚明 我必须搬走
but I knew in my bones I had to move out.
他们杀了他
They killed him!
我们没有 - 不对 他去葡萄牙了
We didn't! - No, no! He went to Portugal.
死人不会寄火腿
Dead men don't send ham!
那这是什么
Then, what's this?
我看不到
I can't see.
我真的不知道 那是什么
I actually don't know. What is that?
杜登奥夫的人工左肩
Dudenoff's prosthetic shoulder.
它本来在焚化炉里 你们那晚把他杀掉和烧掉了
It was in the incinerator. You killed and burned him that night.
当赛丝想通 你们就对她故技重施
And when Sazz figured it out, you killed and burned her, too.
当我们试着调查 你们就想杀掉我
And when we tried to look into that, you tried to kill me!
对 换句话说 你们朝我开枪
Yeah, another way to put that is you actually shot me.
我们这是在做什么
What are we doing? What are we doing? What are we doing?
这些人是杀人犯
These people are murderers!
我受够当这里没脾气的好好先生了
I'm tired of being the nice guy here with no temper!
我现在是感应到他的怒火的加拿大人
I'm a Canadian man connected to his rage right now!
天啊 这感觉真好
And God, it feels so good!
查尔斯
Charles,
跟我一起发火吧 - 不要
tantrum with me. - No, no, no.
他们把你朋友烧掉了 查尔斯
They incinerated your friend, Charles.
不要 - 还用《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的猜字游戏
And then plied you with word games... - No. No. No.
反复玩弄你
...from the New York Times!
目前好像不怎么样
So far, I'm underwhelmed.
好 对
Uh-huh... Yes.
真有意思
Interesting.
原来他是默剧演员 - 不 他没发出声音
Is this how I find out he's a mime? - No, no, no. We can't hear him,
但我太投入他的角色了
but I'm so tuned into his character,
我能感受到他的话语
I can feel his words.
他在说...
He's saying...
「这群人杀了赛丝
..."These people killed Sazz!
我愤怒和恼火到了某个程度」
"I am steamed... and put out! To some degree."
真是够了 东西给我
Oh, the hell with this! Gimme that!
剧集 | 公寓大楼里的谋杀案(2021) | 导航列表