Dudenoff used to come to our restaurant.
米尔顿和他太太是常客 直到她过世
Milton and his wife were regulars, until she passed.
后来他开始叫外送
Then, he started ordering in.
我们人手不够时 就会在回家路上帮他送餐
And when we were understaffed, we delivered to him on our way home.
见鬼了
Oh, hell!
他在小套房♥里显得很孤单
He looked so alone in his little studio.
他邀我们进去坐 我们开始玩牌
He invited us in. We started playing cards.
周五的叫鬼牌之夜
Oh Hell on Friday nights.
那开始变成常态
It started to become a regular thing.
拜托 - 好
Please, please. - Okay.
所以...这个秘密配方就是伊比利亚火腿
So, the, uh, the secret ingredient here is Jamón Ibérico.
没人做得这么好吃
Oh, well, nobody makes it like you do.
谢谢你 其实我们的梦想是开卖♥♥自己的酱汁
Oh, thank you. Our dream, actually, is to, uh, start our own line of sauces.
我知道这听起来很疯狂 但汤尼丹萨会投资
And I-I know this sounds crazy, but Tony Danza would be an investor.
所以你们杀了他
So, you killed him
是因为他没有实现 那个梦想的最后一部分
because he didn't deliver the last piece of the dream?
别说「汤尼丹萨」
Don't say Tony Danza.
是酱汁老爸先说的
Sauce Dad said it first!
我们没有杀他 - 绝对没有
We didn't kill him! - Never.
我们绝对没杀他 - 我们很爱他
Yeah. We definitely did not kill him. - We loved him.
那疯狂鲁迪杀了他
Then, Crazy Rudy killed him.
疯狂 我
Crazy? Me?
我不知道我♥干♥嘛一直换电池
I don't know why I keep replacing the battery.
很好看
Lovely.
我在八年前认识杜登奥夫教授
I met Professor Dudenoff eight years ago.
我当时想成为演员
I was trying to be an actor,
我兼了五份工作 还报名上他的课
I was holding down five jobs, and I signed up for his class.
我记得我第一堂表演课
I remember my first acting class.
那是电影课
It was a film class.
在地铁站的地下室的壁橱里
It was in a closet of a basement of a subway stop.
我的对戏伙伴大多是性工作者
Most of my scene partners were sex workers.
好
Okay.
有一天 我们在杜登奥夫教授的课堂上 看了《军官与魔鬼》
One day, we watched A Few Good Men in Professor Dudenoff's class.
下课后 我在街上追上他
I ran up to him afterwards on the street,
我说我为之前的课 研究过那部片的一段独白
and I said, I'd studied a monologue from that film for my previous class.
他要我表演 我表演了
He asked me to do it, and I did.
我在公车站表演了整段独白
I did the whole thing, right there at the bus stop.
就像这样
It went something like this.
「你要答案 我有权利知道
"You want answers?" "I think I'm entitled."
你要答案
"You want answers?"
我要真♥相♥ 你承受不了真♥相♥
"I want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
小子 这个世界有围墙
"Son, we live in a world that has walls,
而那些围墙需要弟兄拿枪守卫
"and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns.
谁要干 你 还是你 温中尉
"Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg?
我的职责不是...」 - 抱歉
I have a greater respons--" - I-I'm sorry.
你要表演整段独白吗
Are you gonna do the whole monologue?
对 我要表演整段 值得一看
Yeah, I was gonna do the whole thing. I think it's worth it.
「我的职责不是你能理解的
"I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom!
你为桑提亚哥哭泣
"You weep for Santiago... Saves lives...
即使你觉得可笑 费解 但我的存在能救人性命
"My existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.
你不想知道真♥相♥ 因为你深知
"You don't want the truth because, deep down,
那不是茶余饭后的话题
"in places you don't talk about at parties,
你会希望我站上围墙
"you want me on that wall!
你需要我站上围墙
"You need me on that wall...
否则 我建议你拿起武器 站上岗位
"Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post.
无论如何 我才不管你自认有什么权利
Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!"
是你下达『红色警戒』吗 是我下令的
"Did you order the code red?" "I did the job."
是你下达『红色警戒』吗 他妈就是我下令的」
"Did you order the code red?" "You're goddamn right I did!"
太精彩了
Oh, that was wonderful.
我让他惊为天人
I blew his socks off.
他邀我到他在亚柯尼亚大楼的住处
And he invited me back to his place at the Arconia.
这个 这是什么
That's my jam. - And this? What's this?
那是火腿无线电
Uh, that is a ham radio.
你用它做什么
What do you do with a ham radio?
只是嗜好而已 - 好
No, it's just-- it's just a hobby, you know?
而且... - 我当然有了自己的火腿无线电
A-And a very... - Of course, I got my own ham radio.
最后我们都弄了一台
And ultimately, we all did.
杜登奥夫教授看着我 他说
And Professor Dudenoff looked at me. He said...
你真的很厉害 鲁迪
You know, you're really very good, Rudy.
谢谢你 这...对我意义重大
Thank you. That... That means a lot to me.
我问你一件事
Let me ask you somethin'.
如果你的人生是一部电影
If your life were a movie,
美满结局会是什么
what would be your happy ending?
然后他摸了你的圣诞棒棒 你就有了美满结局
And that's when he touched your Santa sack, and you had your "happy ending."
伊娃 - 干嘛
Eva! - What?
不是 我说我想留在纽约市
No! I said I wanted to stay in the city,
继续表演 继续尝试
keep performing, keep trying,
少几个把毛巾当厕纸用的室友
and live with fewer roommates who use towels as toilet paper.
那就是我的梦想
That was my dream.
查尔斯 那就剩下你朋友文斯了
So, Charles, that leaves your "friend" Vince.
他会传染结膜炎 结果你得到什么
He exposed you to pink eye, and what did you get?
谎言
Lies!
可能还有结膜炎
And, likely, pink eye.
拜托 难道你不生气吗
Come on, doesn't that make you... angry?
我很好
Oh, I'm fine.
我在压抑
I'm suppressing,
继续压抑 我没事
and I'm suppressing, and suppressing, and I'm... good.
好吧
Alright.
既然你们没人面临精神崩溃边缘
Since none of you seem to be on the verge of a psychotic break.
我太太过世前 她要我保证
Before my wife died, she made me promise
我不会变成那种寂寞的怪老头
that I wouldn't turn into one of those weird lonely old men.
我们俩都爱看电影
Now, we both loved movies,
所以当我看到杜登奥夫教授的电影课传♥单♥
so when I saw Professor Dudenoff's flyer for his film class,
就觉得这是她在叫我走出去 交些朋友
I thought that this way was her way of telling me to go out and make friends.
但是...
But, oh,
那些孩子
those kids...
(剧终)
(演员名单) (詹姆斯史都华饰乔治贝利)
《风云人物》之所以这么隽永
It's A Wonderful Life is timeless comes down
都是因为一件事
to one thing.
选角
Casting.
如果你们能把自己的故事托付给
You know, if you can populate your story
对的表演者
with the right people,
你们的作品就会永垂不朽
your work will live forever.
抱歉 但这部电影并不隽永
Sorry, but the movie isn't timeless.
它是亲资本主义者的情感操纵
It's pro-capitalist gaslighting!
乔治贝利的生活还是很糟 而波特还是全身而退
George Bailey's life still sucks, and Potter just gets away with it.
不对 你搞错重点了
No! No, you missed the point!
乔治跟家人团聚了 波特则是孤单一人
George ends up with his family. Potter's all alone.
我喜欢一个人
I like being alone.
不好意思 见多识广先生
Well, excuse me, Mr. Life Experience.
但真正的孤单一人
But being really alone?
是最糟糕的事
There's nothing worse.
你不会微笑 大笑
You don't smile, you don't laugh,
你不再在意食物的味道 因为
you stop caring about what food tastes like 'cause...
你会再一次独自醒来 没有她作伴
you still wake up alone again without her.
每一堂课...
Every class...
但我很欣赏杜登奥夫
But Dudenoff, him I liked.
「他讨厌穷♥人♥」
"...hates poor people.
「这部片讨厌树木」
This movie hates trees."
他们干嘛老是气呼呼的
Why do they have to be so mad all the time?
这个世界就是一团乱 - 没错
This world's a dumpster fire. - It sure is.
在这座城市 小子 你甚至买♥♥不起公♥寓♥
In this city, you know, kid, you can't even afford an apartment
除非老爸 老妈出钱
unless Mommy and Daddy pay for it.
电影为什么不能只是电影
And why can't a movie just be a movie?
《公♥寓♥春光》的杰克雷蒙 我不知道...
Jack Lemmon in The Apartment. I-I-I didn't know that...
后来他邀我加入他每周的牌局
And he invited me to join his weekly card game.
我可以体会
I-I feel empathetic.
不晓得他怎么知道我们会合得来
I had no idea why he knew we'd click...
但事实如此
...but we did.
他太太生前是音乐老师
His wife had been a music teacher.
以前市内房♥价还很便宜
剧集 | 公寓大楼里的谋杀案(2021) | 导航列表