第一季 第三集
"亲爱的Walter"
"Dear Walter,"
"我希望你一切都好"
"I hope this letter finds you well."
"我很高兴收到Valentine的信"
"I was happy to hear from Valentine,"
"但他只写了关于足球和音乐"
"but he wrote only of football and music,"
"没说任何工作的事"
"and said nothing of work."
"既然英镑还值钱"
"Since the pound is still strong,"
"要是他能给家里多少寄点钱的话 那就太好了"
"whatever little he can send home would be appreciated."
大伙来了
That's the boys.
发生在托特纳姆区布罗德沃特农场的暴♥动♥仍在持续
Rioting on Broadwater Farm estate in Tottenham continued...
大家进来坐
Come and sit down, man.
亲爱的 看看谁来了
My dear, look who's here.
嗯 - 来点音乐吧
Mm. - Let's play some music.
嘿 我在看电视呢 老兄
Hey, I was watching that, man!
你没在看 老兄 你是在看你的眼皮子
No, man, you were watching your eyelids!
这是个耻辱 他们毫不尊重我们的名声
It's a disgrace. They're showing a disrespect for our reputation.
每当他们挑起是非
When they stir up trouble,
我们其他人的生活就变得更艰难
it makes life harder for the rest of us.
等一下 发起暴♥动♥的不是他们
Hold on. The boys didn't start the riots.
是的 Kwame 但他们响应了
No, Kwame, they reacted.
我们刚来的时候
When we came here,
难道没学习要小心行事 努力工作 举止规矩点吗
didn't we learn to keep our heads down, work hard, behave.
这些人穿着牛仔裤 整天在街上无所事事
These boys loiter in the streets with their denim trousers,
惹事生非
asking for trouble!
等等 我就不会在街上闲逛
Hold on! I don't loiter in the streets,
但是我被警♥察♥叫住过两次
but I've been stopped by the coppers twice
因为他们不相信黑人能买♥♥得起那车
because they didn't believe that a black man could afford to drive that car.
但难道不是你开很大声的音乐
But you were drawing attention to yourself
吸引了别人的注意吗
with your loud music, no?
这难道犯法了吗
When did that become a crime?
呃 你放的一些音乐烂爆了 兄弟
Well, some of the music you play is shit, man!
真♥相♥了
It's the truth!
如果你没做错什么 警♥察♥为什么要拦下你
If you have done nothing wrong, why should the police stop you?
噢 新来的 听着
Oh, the new boy! Listen!
对一些人来说 黑人就等于有问题
For some, a black face equals trouble.
如果你碰上了 那就调整你自己 遵守游戏规则
If it happens to you, adapt yourself, play the game.
哦 得了吧
Oh, forget it!
听着 - Walter老兄 给他讲讲
Listen. - Brother Walter, show him.
不要做突然的动作 如果他们看到你这样
No sudden movements. If they see you doing that,
他们会认为你带着武器
they will think that you are carrying a weapon.
然后慢慢地把你的音乐调小声
Then turn your music down slow.
如果你一开始就把音乐声调小
If you'd done that in the first place,
你根本不会被停车
you'd not have been stopped.
我来展示给你看 快速示范
Let me show you. A quick demonstration.
不好意思 小伙子
Excuse me, sunshine.
你从哪里偷的这辆车
Where did you steal this car from?
噢 请别这样 头儿 - 不不不 你要说"警官"
Oh, please, Guvnor... - No, no, no. You would say "Officer".
对 你是对的 - "你好吗"
Yes, you're right. - "How do you do?"
然后你谈谈天气或者王室
And then you say something like about the weather or the royals.
英国人喜欢他们的王室成员 - 行
The English love their royalty. - OK.
哦 哦 警官
Oh. Oh, Officer.
今天天气真好
What a fine day it is.
老天爷
Cor blimey!
哦你知道吗 我喜欢女王的母亲
Oh, you know what? I love the mother of the Queen.
闭嘴 你被逮捕了
Shut up. You're arrested.
噢 这时候 别反抗 知道了吗
Oh. At this point, offer no resistance, OK?
要保持冷静 知道吗
Stay calm, OK?
要微笑 他们喜欢看到你的牙齿 然后他们会把你放了
Smile, they love to see your teeth. And they will release you.
嘿 你们这些家伙 就知道抱怨个不停
Hey, you boys. All you do is complain, complain, complain.
你们为什么不站出来做些什么呢
Why don't you get up and do something about it?
噢 听听这位温妮·曼德拉说的
Oh, listen to Winnie Mandela over there!
是呀 真是谢谢你了
Ah! Thank you!
所以你是说如果我礼貌对待警♥察♥
So you are saying if I am polite to the police,
就万事大吉了 是吗
then everything will be fine?
没错
Exactly.
直到下一次你被停下来 - 听着
Till the next time you're stopped. - Listen.
就像Akie说的那样 遵守游戏规则
Like Akie said, just play the game
一切就会很好很好
and everything will be well, well, well.
当然 除非你是牙买♥♥加人
Unless, of course, you are Jamaican!
哦 我有没有跟你说过 Bagpipes要带我出去玩
Oh, have I told you? Bagpipes is taking me away.
噢
Aw!
我在想去巴黎 找回从前的感觉
I'm thinking Paris. Get the old magic back!
你觉得Bagpipes会愿意去法国吗
Do you think Bagpipes would go to France?
有可能啊 汽油那么便宜
He might, petrol's cheap!
嘿 快看那些牛奶
Hey, look at all that milk.
那是Ernie Jenkin的公♥寓♥
That is Ernie Jenkins' flat.
他是我的顾客之一 - 他买♥♥化妆品吗
He's on my rounds. - He buys make-up?
给他太太Irene买♥♥
For his wife, Irene.
噢
Oh!
也许她在做很多大米布丁
Maybe she's making a load of rice pudding!
Jenkins先生
Mr Jenkins?
Jenkins先生
Mr Jenkins!
肯定出了什么事
Something must have happened.
我觉得我们应该报♥警♥ - 他们得很久才能来
I think we should call the police. - They'll take ages.
让我试试
Let me have a go.
Jenkins先生
Mr Jenkins!
Kirsty
Kirsty...
嘘
Shh!
快进去啊
Well, come on, then!
Jenkins先生
Mr Jenkins?
Ernie
Ernie?
Ernie
Ernie?
噢
Oh!
他死了
He's dead!
切姆斯福德
Chelmsford.
我要带Kirsty出去玩
I'm gonna take Kirsty away.
我在考虑去切姆斯福德
I'm thinking Chelmsford,
租一辆固定的旅行拖车 找回从前的感觉
rent a static caravan. Get the magic back.
在旅行拖车里吗 - 不 固定的旅行拖车 老兄
In a caravan?! - No, static caravan, mate.
那是不移♥动♥的 完全不一样
It doesn't move. It's totally different.
我知道固定是什么意思
I know what static means.
问题是 租这东西也不便宜啊
Thing is, these things aren't cheap to hire.
嗯
Hm.
我去问Rajesh能不能加班干活
I've been on to Rajesh for some overtime.
他说没什么可干的
He says there's nothing doing,
但我知道是有的
but I know there is,
因为他的朋友Bikram上周就做了六小时
cos his mate Bikram got six hours last week.
这样 你能帮我个忙吗
Look, could you do me a favour?
你能跟Rajesh说说吗 - 哦
Could you lean on Rajesh? - Oh...
他听你的
He listens to you.
我能去说两句
Look, I can have a word,
但最近加班的活也越来越少了
but there's less and less overtime these days.
那就更应该给更多人机会
All the more reason to spread the love.
凭什么Bikram一个人独揽了
Why should Bikram get it all?
要我说 这是工会的事
If you ask me, it's a union matter.
你要我给工会打电♥话♥
You want me to call the union
就为了你能在旅行拖车上度假吗
so you can go on holiday in your caravan?
不不 固定的旅行拖车 兄弟 固定 这是完全不同的
No, no. Static caravan, mate. Static. It's totally different.
它不会移♥动♥ - 不会移♥动♥
It doesn't move. - Doesn't move.
警♥察♥在来的路上
The police are coming.
我觉得我要给他留点尊严
I thought I'd give him a bit of dignity.
Kirsty 看看这个
Kirsty, look at this.
为什么他太太没用这些化妆品
Why has his wife not used any of this make-up?
我知道为什么了
I've got a good idea why.
嗯
Mm?
"我心爱的Irene"
"My beloved Irene."
她两年前就去世了吗
She died two years ago?
他总是不让我进门说话
He always kept me talking at the door.
一直以来 我都不知道他一个人住
And the whole time, I didn't know he was alone.
对啊
Yeah.
我们必须联♥系♥他家人