剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
No, Las Vegas wants us to have fun!
不 拉斯维加斯想让我们找乐子
Why else would it schedule
不然为什么我们隔壁
the world's largest porn convention right next door?
就是世界上最大的成人片大会
Which leads me to our special guest tonight.
这就不得不提到我们今晚的特邀嘉宾
The Cardiff Electric VIPs.
卡迪夫电子的贵宾
Four lovely young ladies direct from the cinema.
4位来自大银幕的漂亮的年轻小姐
Wait, wait, wait. I wanna show you guys some spreadsheets.
等等 我想先给大家看几张电子表格
No! Come on, let's do some word processing.
不要 那先看个文字处理软件吧
Wait, you wanna meet the girls now,
什么 你们想看妹子吗
before the demo?
然后再看演示吗
Okay, okay, okay.
好吧
Only if you all catch up with us tomorrow on the floor.
只要你们明天还来给我们捧场
Only if you all show up at the Cardiff Electric booth
只要你们明天都来卡迪夫电子的展位
hungover, wrung out,
宿醉未醒 筋疲力尽
just to watch this machine smoke every box in COMDEX.
只为见证它在展会上一展风采
All right, it's a deal.
好吧 就这么定了
So, tonight let's let the Giant turn you on.
今晚 就让"巨人"来调动大家的兴致吧
Please never tell our daughters I was a part of this.
永远别告诉女儿们我♥干♥了这事
Why would I?
我才不会呢
Cardiff Electric!
卡迪夫电子
Uh, usually, like, twice a year.
一般一年两次
Once for COMDEX, once just for fun.
一次是为展览会 一次就是消遣
For fun -- that sounds really nice.
消遣 听起来真好
You have to come visit.
你一定得来
Nothing against Dallas. It looks great on TV.
不是说达拉斯不好 电视里看着不错
But California's where it's at.
但是重头戏都在加利福尼亚
And you're young.
而且你还这么年轻
I'll think about it. What is there to think about?
我考虑一下 还有什么好考虑的
Earthquakes. I don't feel them anymore.
地震频发带 我都感觉不到了
Cults? Serial killers? That's all down in Los Angeles.
邪教 连环杀手 那是洛杉矶
I'm hungry. You want some pancakes?
我饿了 你想吃点薄饼吗
Hey, you guys want pancakes?
有人想吃薄饼吗
Pancakes? Hell, yeah.
薄饼 当然
Oh, yeah. Let's go.
想要 走吧
Let's do it. Yeah.
走吧 好
If the Giant does everything you say...
如果"巨人"真像你说的那样
it could be a contender for us.
我们或许可以考虑
Don't tease me if you're not for real, Dennis.
你可别拿我寻开心 丹尼斯
We invented computer retail.
电脑零售业就是我们发明的
I can assure you, we're real.
我保证我们是认真的
Then why buy a specialty product from a podunk firm in Texas?
那为什么要买♥♥德州一家无名小公♥司♥的特色产品呢
You ever sell cars for a living, Joe?
你卖♥♥过车吗 乔
No, never.
没有
That's how I got started.
我就是卖♥♥♥车♥起家的
And I learned if you wanna sell station wagons,
我学到的是如果你想卖♥♥旅行轿车
you'd better have a sports car to park in the window.
橱窗里得先放辆跑车
Looking forward to your demo tomorrow.
很期待你们明天的展示
It's spinning. That should do it.
在转了 应该可以了
Load 'er up.
装载吧
Yes.
太棒了
Finally.
终于好了
Haven't done that since our honeymoon.
蜜月之后就再没这么做过了
Oh, I haven't done that since college.
大学毕业之后就再没这么过了呢
What? With who?
什么 和谁做的
Who?
和谁啊
Should we get him a blanket?
我们给他盖个毯子吧
Hell, no. We're switching rooms.
才不要 我们换个房♥间吧
Do you really think it'll sell?
你真觉得它能大卖♥♥吗
If we nail the demo.
如果展示成功的话
This could be so good.
那就太好了
For the girls, for us.
对女儿 对我们
For so long we've just gotten by.
这些年我们都只是有一天过一天
It's weird, huh?
感觉很奇怪吧
I think they call it success.
这就叫成功吧
Wally Turner dropped by. Did you see him?
沃利·特纳来过 你见着他了吗
Yeah, he cornered me with his sales pitch.
嗯 他向我推销了一通
Still all about Wally.
还是那个老样子
I like his new software idea.
我喜欢他软件的新点子
Yeah, I told him we'd spec it out on the Giant.
是啊 我说会在"巨人"上试试的
Wally thinks we still work together.
沃利以为咱俩还是同事
Yeah? What'd you tell him?
是吗 你怎么说的
What am I gonna say? I'm really enjoying my dead-end job
还能怎么说 我喜欢这份没前途的工作
and having my mom raise my kids?
喜欢找老妈帮我看孩子吗
It's not exactly cocktail chatter.
派对上说这个不合适吧
What are you talking about, Donna?
你说什么呢 唐娜
You saved this project a dozen times.
这项目有多少次都多亏了你
We wouldn't have a motherboard without you.
没有你就造不出主板
We wouldn't have an entire machine without you.
没有你都造不出这台电脑
I know you know that.
你心里是清楚
Well, what?
那怎么着
You wanna join Cardiff?
你要来卡迪夫吗
Get a front-row seat to the freak show?
近距离观看怪胎秀吗
I didn't say that.
我可没那么说
But?
但是呢
But it would've been nice if you'd asked.
你至少问问我也好啊
You're right.
是啊
I should have asked, but...
我是该问你的
look, a few months ago, I was in the Kill Room
几个月前 我在"杀戮室"
and I was working late all by myself.
一个人加班到很晚
And it hit me, how far behind we were.
我突然意识到我们进展多慢
And how hard I'd have to grind
也意识到为了造"巨人"
to get the Giant built.
我要付出多少
And it was like climbing a cliff on a dare,
就像跟人打赌爬悬崖
where you hit an overhang and you can't go up,
碰到了悬垂上不去
and it's too steep to climb back down. And...
爬下去又太陡 这时...
you realize
你才意识到
what the word "jump" really means.
"跳"的真正含义
And if I held your hand and counted to three...
如果我握着你的手 数到三
I wasn't sure you'd come with me.
我不确定你肯不肯一起跳
We're married, Gordon.
我们结婚了 戈登
We already jumped.
我们已经跳了
Yeah.
是啊
What's that?
那是什么
A piece of the Hoover Dam.
胡佛大坝的碎块
You know what I like about it?
你知道我为什么喜欢它吗
There's no circuits or wires.
因为它没有电路和电线
It's so simple.
非常简单
It is what it does.
表里如一
Did you have fun?
玩得开心吗
I ate pancakes and
吃了薄饼
watched the sun come up with the Xerox boys.
跟施乐的小伙子们看了日出
That sounds entirely too wholesome.
居然没闹没疯吗
When Bosworth came to me...
博斯沃思来找我的时候
I should've come to you.
我应该去找你的
Cameron...
卡梅伦
California--
他们
what they're doing out there, it's really impressive.
加州那边的工作 真的很厉害
Maybe we should.
也许我们是该去
Yeah, this is this year's.
是啊 这是今年新款
Hey, Windows looks cool.
Windows系统不错嘛
Oh, yeah, but it was crawling with bugs.
是啊 但全是漏洞
I can't get over HP's touch screen.
我就是忘不掉惠普的触屏
Yeah, it's a fad...
是啊 肯定会...
Oh, look, look, look. ...guaranteed.
快看快看 流行起来的
High-density floppy disks.
高密度软盘
Oh, someone's hot.
这边很火爆啊
Let's check it out.
我们去看看吧
Why?
看什么啊
They'll be down at our booth in, like, 60 seconds.
他们马上就都会被吸引去我们的展位了
And so I ask you,
那么我问问大家
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表