剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
I just have a few things to get in order.
但我还有点小事需要处理
Would you mind waiting for us in the conference room?
你能不能在会议室等我们呢
I can't wait to see what you've put together.
我都等不及要看看你的设计了
Debbie?
黛比
You think today maybe we could be adults? Just for a few hours?
今天我们能成熟点吗 就几个小时
Uh, yes, sir, Mr. MacMillan, sir.
是 长官 麦克米伦先生 长官
He is one of the top industrial designers in the world.
他是世界上最棒的工业设计师之一
If he makes our case, it puts us on a whole new level.
如果他给我们做机箱 我们就能上一个档次
It was a joke, okay? I'm sorry. Jesus.
只是开个玩笑 很抱歉行了吗 真是
You knew I had this meeting today.
你知道我今天要开会
I'll go first.
我先说吧
The contour, the design, the angles, it--
这样的轮廓 设计 角度 简直是
All I can say is wow. It's exactly what we wanted.
我只能赞叹 这正是我们想要的
So glad that I could accommodate.
很高兴能让你满意
I think this is something very special.
我认为这做的很棒
Yeah, it's a pretty girl. C-can I say something?
真漂亮 我能说句话吗
What happened to the specs that you've had for a week?
参数发给你有一周了 你没看吗
I saw them, but they were too limiting.
我看了 但是它们局限性太强
Moving past the specs gives us an opportunity to make something,
不局限于参数 我们才有机会创造更好的东西
something that isn't just a beige rectangle.
而不仅仅是一个米黄色长方块
Okay, those rectangles took months and months of--
那些长方块耗费了数月的...
Do you think you can just waltz in here
你觉得你可以大摇大摆地进来
and demand that we change everything
要求我们改变一切
'cause you don't like the way that it looks?
就只是因为你不喜欢它的外观吗
Yes. Okay.
没错 好吧
Okay, well, we'll redesign the whole thing to fit the suit.
我们会重新设计来满足你的要求
Let me tell you what I know.
我告诉你吧
Both are in the shop every hundred miles.
这两种车都是修理店的常客
Nobody gives a damn about
没有人会在意
what the computer looks like as long as they work.
电脑的外观 只要它好用就行
Let me tell you what I know.
我来告诉你吧
Your consumers will soon have more than a dozen choices
你的顾客很快就会有十几种可选电脑
that look identical to what you'd build,
看起来都和你造的电脑一样
so what will capture their attention?
那么用什么来吸引他们的注意力
A design that they will be magnetically drawn to
是设计 让他们每次触摸你的机器时
every single time they move to touch your machine.
就被深深吸引
Joe, this design will require another hardware overhaul.
乔 这设计需要我们彻底修改硬件
I'm talking hundreds of hours.
要花费上百小时
The one place that I'm ahead is heat.
我们在散热方面是领先的
If I ditch the sink for this, I run--
如果我为此扔掉散热器...
When we unveil the Contrail and it looks like this,
等我们推出"尾迹" 如果它是这个样子
people will be falling over themselves.
人们会为它疯狂的
Wait, the what?
等等 你管它叫什么
The Contrail. We're calling it the Contrail.
"尾迹" 我们要叫它"尾迹"
I'm announcing it this week, so don't tell anyone.
我这周会宣布 所以暂时保密
The Contrail? You're naming it after the exhaust
"尾迹" 你要用飞机喷出的尾气
that comes out of the back of a plane?
来为它命名
It's about soaring, leaving the competition in the dust,
含义在于腾空而起 将竞争对手留在扬尘里
which is exactly what this design can accomplish.
这设计也正能做到这一点
No, Joe, contrail is the dust.
不 乔 尾迹就是指扬尘
Look, if we continue to put form ahead of function,
如果我们继续本末倒置
we're gonna be the ones left behind with everyone laughing at us.
被甩在后面遭人嘲笑的就会是我们
I mean, why don't you just call it--
你怎么不叫它...
call it the "Cardiff Giant"?
叫它"卡迪夫巨人"
You assured me that everything was in line
你向我保证过不会有问题
and that my time wouldn't be wasted.
不会浪费我的时间
I don't have time to waste.
我没时间让你浪费
What is this? I thought this was a done deal.
这是什么意思 我以为你是答应了
You fly out all this way and now you're leaving?
你千里迢迢飞过来 现在却要走了吗
I let another designer go just to take this meeting.
我为了这次会面解雇了另一个设计师
What's with the girl? Is that what this is about?
那女孩是怎么回事 就因为这个吗
I never should've come.
我根本就不该来
He's gone. Are you happy?
他走了 你满意了吗
All because you didn't like the name?
就因为你不喜欢这个名字
What did you want to call it?
你想管它叫什么
The Giant? Fine. It's the Giant.
"巨人"吗 好 那就叫"巨人"
I'll have marketing toss the art and start from scratch.
我会让市场部扔掉设计从头开始
Hey, regardless of the resizing, half the design was metal.
除了要调整大小 设计大半用的是金属
You want your Armani pants to
你希望每次把电脑放膝盖上
catch on fire every time you put it in your lap?
你阿玛尼的裤子就会着火吗
I think you act like you can't see it
我觉得 你不肯接受
because the truth is you can't do it.
是因为你其实根本做不到
I read a whole magazine-- thank you.
我看完了整本杂♥志♥ 谢谢
Someone made me breakfast. Someone made my kids breakfast.
有人给我做早餐 有人给我女儿做早餐
It's a revolution.
简直是翻天覆地的变化
You must think I am just the greenest--
你一定觉得我太嫩了...
No, no, no one I know gets excited about business trips anymore.
不 现在都没人对出差这么兴奋了
Especially this trip.
尤其是这趟差
Why? We're bringing them fixes for the 99/4A.
为什么 我们要给他们呈递99/4A的修改方案
We're part of the solution.
我们算是解决方案啊
Well, not sure corporate sees it that way.
不知道公♥司♥会不会也这么想
These are Band-Aids on a sucking chest wound.
这些修改的作用微乎其微
Well, then why don't we tell them the truth?
那我们为什么不告诉他们实情呢
I would, but I'd also like to keep my job.
我倒是想 但我不想失去我的工作
Execs at this level... Four, please.
这个级别的高管 去四层
...they want to hear what they want to hear. Eight, please.
他们只想听自己想听的 去八层
They asked us to present the report,
他们让我们作报告
so that's what we're gonna do.
我们照做就是了
We can play dress-up and then play Cabbage Patch.
我们先打扮一下 再玩椰菜娃娃
A dance party.
开个舞会
Mommy left lasagna in the freezer.
妈妈在冰箱里给我们留了烤宽面条
We could put it in the oven and then play Cabbage Patch.
我们放进烤箱热上 然后玩椰菜娃娃
Or blocks. We could play blocks.
或者积木 我们可以玩积木
No one's gonna tell us what to eat.
没人能决定我们吃什么
We are gonna make our own dinner all by ourselves.
我们要自己做吃的
Mommy's gonna be mad. Daddy, What are we gonna eat?
妈妈会生气的 那我们吃什么啊
Mommy's not here.
妈妈现在不在
We need to get Ken back.
我们得把肯找回来
Are you shitting me?
你在逗我吗
We have six weeks till COMDEX and we need a case.
计算机分销商展览还有6周 我们需要机箱
Unless you want me to wrap the machine in a garbage bag,
你要是不希望我用垃圾袋包着机器亮相
we need a designer.
我们就得找个设计师
With only 256 bytes of RAM in the register, we have a bottleneck
寄存器的内存只有256字节 这是个短板
that sets off a four-cycle wait to clear every time we load it.
每次加载都需要等四个周期 让寄存器清空
Hunt Plus a power regulator that gets so hot,
亨特 而且功率调节器会过热
users refer to it as the "coffee cup warmer." Hunt,
用户都叫它"咖啡暖杯器" 亨特
you're listing off a lot of problems,
你列出了很多问题
and a lot of problems means a lot of money for fixes.
那么解决这些问题也要花很多钱
We need assurances that correcting these
我们需要一劳永逸的办法
will solve the computer's flaws once and for all.
一次性解决所有瑕疵
Well, they won't.
不可能的
I'm sorry, but there are no once-and-for-all fixes for the 99.
对不起 但是99没法一劳永逸地修好
If you want to do the right thing,
如果你真想解决问题
you drop it from our product list for good.
就把它从我们的产品名录里去掉
She's right.
她说得对
I mean, what are we gonna do, slash prices again?
我们还能做什么 再降价吗
Hand out another rebate?
继续打折吗
We're practically giving it away already.
我们几乎都是在白送了
If you ask me,
要我说
we get out of the PC market altogether.
我们就彻底退出个人电脑市场
I am so sorry. I didn't mean to jump in--
太对不起了 我不是故意插嘴的
Donna, they've been toying with dropping the 99 for months.
唐娜 他们讨论放弃99好几个月了
People are just too scared to say it out loud.
只是没人敢真正说出口
Except for you. Wait, really?
除了你 等下 真的吗
If you hadn't said that,
如果你没那么说
they never would've heard the truth.
他们就不会直面事实
That took guts. I thought it took stupidity.
真有勇气 真有傻劲还差不多
Will you please just take the credit?
你就承认自己的功劳吧
Now, I say we meet downstairs for dinner,
我们去楼下吃晚饭吧
on the company's credit card, of course,
当然是公费吃喝
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表