剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
把项目合法化
What? Go the other way.
什么 反其道而行之
We say Cardiff Electric as a company
我们就说卡迪夫电子公♥司♥
has been pursuing PC development all along.
本来就在研发个人电脑
I don't see how the hell that'd solve any...
我不明白这能解决什么...
You take Clark's findings on the BIOS chip,
你拿克拉克对BIOS芯片的研究
you tell an engineer to build a unit that operates and performs
找个工程师建造一个运行原理
in exactly the same way, but you don't tell him how to do it.
完全相同的芯片 但别告诉他怎么做
Hell, I don't think we have one engineer
我们手下怕是没有一个工程师
capable of building a BIOS from scratch
能凭空造出一个BIOS芯片
other than "Sonny Bono" over here.
大概除了这位大明星
And you can't use him or any other engineer we currently employ.
我们不能用他 或是其他任何目前的员工
So we have to hire?
还得另外雇吗
Yes, someone who doesn't know us or IBM
是的 还得是个跟我们和IBM都没关系
and certainly hasn't seen the contents of this binder.
而且没看过这份资料的人
Essentially, all the law stipulates
总之 法律规定
is that he can't be hands-on in the actual chip creation.
他不能亲自插手建造芯片
And we can't fire them. No, not right now.
我们还不能炒了他们 对 现在不行
So we get out of this by actually building a PC clone?
那么我们的出路就是真建一台克隆电脑吗
This is your brilliant idea to save our hides, Barry?
这就是你的救命高招吗 巴瑞
For God's sake, man!
老天爷啊
No.
不是
Actually, it was MacMillan's.
其实 这是麦克米伦的主意
You son of a bitch.
你个兔崽子
Now, why didn't you tell me about this yesterday?
你昨天怎么不说
I needed you to exhaust your options
我得让你别无选择
so that you would take this one seriously.
那样你才会认真对待
Do you know how many futures you're toying with here, son?
你知道你这是拿多少人的前途开玩笑吗 小子
Selling systems software,
售卖♥♥系统软件
I probably would've made you a couple hundred thousand...
我或许能给你们赚几十万
You listen to me, boy! You listen to me!
你给我听着 小子 听好了
I admire your tenacity,
我佩服你的坚持
but I draw the line at you claiming that you did me a favor.
但你少跟我说你这是在帮我忙
Don't screw this up.
别搞砸了
'Cause in Texas, you put a man's livelihood on the line
在德州 你拿别人的生计冒险
and you don't follow through,
然后又半途而废
there's not gonna be another new job
那就别再琢磨找新工作了
'cause ain't nobody gonna be able to find where you're buried.
因为到时都没人能找到你的尸体埋在哪
You've got something to say, Gordon?
有什么话想说吗 戈登
No. No, sir.
没有 先生
Where are we gonna find this new engineer?
我们去哪再找个工程师来
We needed him yesterday. IBM legal's here first thing tomorrow.
来不及了 IBM的律师团明天一早就到
I need time to vet a candidate. We don't have time.
我需要时间审查候选人 没时间了
You think IBM is just sitting around on their asses?
你觉得IBM现在正闲着吗
Who do we have right now, huh?
我们现在有谁
Who do we have right now?
现在有什么人吗
Next game.
下一局了
What the hell? You've been on for over an hour.
搞什么啊 你都打了一个多小时了
Get your hands off me, man.
别碰我
We're getting complaints.
我们接到投诉了
Unbelievable. You're gone.
难以置信 你给我滚
Go!
滚
Later, spooky bitch.
回见了 鬼婆娘
What?
你说什么
That's enough!
够了
Put me down!
放我下来
Come on! Let go of me!
滚开 放开我
Fascist!
法♥西♥斯♥
Oh, Jesus.
天呐
No.
不是吧
What?
怎么了
Great.
这下可好
You know I screwed him, right?
你知道我上过他吧
Let's be adult about this.
我们都成熟点对待这事吧
You love talking down to me, don't you?
你就喜欢对我居高临下 是吧
Look, there are a thousand other engineers we can get.
我们还有几千个其他的选择
Preferably one you haven't bedded down with.
最好是找个你没睡过的
Who are you again?
你是谁来着
I'm the guy who figured out the boot code in four days.
我是四天内就破解了引导程序的人
What have you done?
你有什么本事
You heard him... A thousand other engineers.
你听到了 我们有几千个其他选择
No.
不
You need me, otherwise you wouldn't be here.
你肯定需要我 否则你也不会来找我了
What do you want?
你想要什么
I want you to go dangle your little opportunity
我要你拿着你的机会
in someone else's face.
去别人面前晃
Then why are you still here?
那你怎么还没走
I wanted to see what I was so wrong about the first time.
我想看看我当初的错误判断
I regret that happened.
我对那事很后悔
I'm sorry you feel bad for hurting my feelings,
很抱歉你对伤害我的感情感到难过
but don't worry, you didn't.
但别担心 你没伤着什么
It wasn't supposed to be personal. I was scouting you.
本来不该走到那一步的 我是在物色人才
Scouting you for this exact moment.
就为了这个机会
No, wait.
别 等等
This is too important to get wrong.
这事太重要 不能有差错
"No one who matters pays attention," Right?
有点分量的人都不在意 不是吗
Okay, stop selling me.
别推销了
I don't need you.
我不需要你
You think I don't see it?
你觉得我不明白吗
This takes off, I write my own ticket,
如果成功 我能飞黄腾达
but if it goes wrong, I'm a college dropout
但如果出了岔子 我就成了大学辍学生
repairing VCRs for $3.25 an hour,
修录像机每小时才挣3块25分
so forgive me for weighing my options.
抱歉了 我得权衡一下
See?
瞧
Now you're thinking like a professional.
这么想才成熟
How much money would you give me?
你能给我多少钱
Junior engineer, no experience... 20 grand.
初级工程师 毫无经验 两万
Double it.
两倍
My wife makes 15 at TI.
我老婆在德州仪器才挣一万五
Well, then I feel sorry for her.
那我替她遗憾
So?
行不行
What's it gonna be, Joe?
你怎么决定 乔
Answer honestly.
请如实回答
This is for legal record.
这是要做法律记录的
False answers put you at risk of perjury, you understand?
如果回答不属实可能被控作伪证 明白吗
I'm sorry, you have to answer "Yes" Or "I do."
抱歉 你得回答"是"或"我知道"
Oh, yes, I do.
是的 我知道
Have you ever attempted to disassemble or deconstruct
你是否曾试图反汇编或拆析
any product manufactured by International Business Machines,
国际商业机器 俗称IBM的
more commonly known as IBM?
任何产品
Uh, no, I have not.
没有
Have you ever attempted to reverse engineer
你是否曾试图逆向工程
any product or equipment made by IBM?
任何IBM的产品或设备
No, I have not.
没有
Have you ever attempted to reverse engineer
你是否曾受雇于任何公♥司♥或企业
any microchips, microcode, or any computer hardware
进行任何微芯片 微码
while under the employ of a business or corporation?
或计算机硬件的逆向工程
No, I have not.
没有
Well, welcome...
欢迎
to the tiniest, leakiest lifeboat...
登上你们划过的
you ever tried to paddle to shore in.
最小 漏得最严重的救生艇
I had some numbers run,
我让人算了账
looks like this PC business is gonna cost us upwards of
看来要做个人电脑光是入门
a couple million dollars just to get in the door.
就得花上多达两百万以上
So, in order to reach that perfect world
所以为了达到能开始卖♥♥东西
where we actually start selling things
而不是躲避追兵的
rather than running from the bogeyman,
理想的状态
there will be some rules. One, no bullshit.
我们得定点规矩 一 别扯淡
Sorry, what constitutes bull...
抱歉 怎么叫扯淡
Whatever I damn say it is.
我说是扯淡就是扯淡
Two, hours are now from when this meeting is done until when you die.
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表