剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表
We flipped it around so it was facing Pipilok.
我们翻转摄像机 好让它朝向Pipilok
For the seal-hunting scene,
至于捕杀海豹的场景
he wanted the camera having the point of view of the seal.
他则想呈现海豹的视角
I told him there was no way
我告诉他
I was getting in the water with my camera.
我是不可能带着我的摄像机下水去的
He laughed at me, and he said, "We'll build a set."
他嘲笑我 说 "我们来造个场景"
And we did, and it was amazing, of course.
我们这么做了 效果令人惊叹
But no one knew that more than he did, I tell you.
但我敢说 没人比他更加肯定
I was on assignment
我当时和美国民族学局
with the Bureau of American Ethnography.
共同研究一个项目
We were traveling across country,
我们走遍全国各地
interviewing indigenous people at the time.
采访当时的原住民
I had just arrived at st. George
我才刚抵达圣乔治
when I heard a film was being shot.
就听说有部电影正在拍摄中
I was intrigued, of course, and found my way to their set.
我很感兴趣 于是找去了他们的片场
Pipilok wanted to record sound for the film,
Pipilok想为电影录下配音
Not music but actual dialog.
不是音乐 而是对话
I said, "Pipilok, that's not how it works."
我说 Pipilok 电影不是这么拍的
I explained who I was, and his eyes went wide.
我向他解释了我的身份 他瞪大了眼睛
I started immediately.
我立刻开始了工作
When Pipilok fired Marie,
当Pipilok开除Marie时
she was very surprised.
她感到非常惊讶
He told me he was making a film with realism and truth
他告诉我 他想拍摄的是部充满现实主义和真实的电影
and that a white woman had no place in it.
一个白人女人不应该出现在其中
Marie had told Chacal
Marie告诉Chacal
she had been fired from the film.
她被电影摄制组开除了
He came to the set to put Pipilok straight.
他来到片场 想要改变Pipilok的想法
Being a director turned him into a tyrant.
导演的职务把他变成了一个暴君
Pipilok hired Nuka to be his leading actress.
Pipilok雇用了Nuka来当他的女主角
He wanted a shot of her holding a baby
他想拍下她抱着孩子
in such a way that the sun would hit her just right.
而阳光正好投向她的场景
Pipilok didn't like the way Nuka was doing it.
Pipilok不喜欢Nuka的出演
He kept telling her that it was artless.
他一直跟她说那样毫无美感
He was very angry.
他非常生气
He was becoming completely unglued.
他已经完全支离玻碎了
He started working with his shirt off
他开始光着膀子开工
despite the bitter cold,
即便天寒地冻
and when we asked him about it,
当我们问起时
He would say things like, "I am the cold.
他就会说些什么 "我就是严寒
I am the northern wind.
我就是北风
I am Kunuk."
我是Kunuk"
And you have to remember his name wasn't Kunuk.
你得记住 他的名字不是Kunuk
It was pipilok.
他叫Pipilok
The day of the blizzard, I said, "Well, he's not gonna shoot."
有天暴风雪 我说 "他不会去拍摄的"
And he did.
但他去了
He kept yelling at us that we were cowards.
他一直朝我们吼 叫我们懦夫
He was going out there with or without us.
不管我们去不去 他都要出门
He kept saying the blizzard would fix all of the--
他坚称暴风雪会充实
What was the term?
那个词是什么来着
The third-act problems.
第三幕剧的问题
Alexander said, "Well, he's an Eskimo.
Alexander说 "由他吧 他是个爱斯基摩人
At least he knows what he's doing."
至少他知道自己在做什么"
And I remember thinking, "He's not an Eskimo.
而我记得自己在想 "他不是什么爱斯基摩人
He's an idiot.
他是个白♥痴♥
He's gonna die."
他会死的"
It was the worst storm in half a century.
那是半个世纪以来最恶劣的暴风雪
Ships in the dock had been unmoored
港区里船的船锚都被拔起
and lost to the sea.
被卷入海洋之中
He never stood a chance.
他根本没有生还的机会
We never found him or the camera, no.
我们再没有找到他或摄影机 都没有
But we had the film.
但胶卷还在
Thank god I had that film.
感谢上帝 我保留着胶卷
I kept the film. How about that?
我把胶卷保存了下来 很有先见之明吧
When Barnabas left, he asked
Barnabas离开时 他问过
if there was anything he could do for me.
他有没有什么能为我做的
What she wanted was an associate producer's credit.
她想要的是个助理制♥作♥人的头衔
I didn't know what that was, so I said yes.
我并不知道那是什么 所以我答应了
I walked Barnabas to the docks to wish him good-bye.
我送Barnabas去码头 祝他一路顺风
And while we were waiting for his ship,
正当我们等待他的船的时候
we were approached by the most filthy beggar.
有个脏不拉稀的乞丐接近我们
Despite the beard and the hair,
尽管他胡子拉碴 毛发肮脏
I knew it was Sebastian immediately.
我还是立刻就认出了Sebastian
I mean, he was covered in feces, his own.
他全身都沾着自己的排泄物
When I asked him why, he said, "To keep the wolves away."
我问起原因 他回答 "为了防狼"
I mean, he had really gone nuts.
他真的是疯了
Barnabas cleaned him up
Barnabas把他清理干净
and bought him a ticket home.
给他买♥♥了张回家的船票
It's more than I would have done;
那比我肯做的要多多了
I'll tell you that much.
我只能这么说了
We returned home,
我们回到了家
and I tell you I was so excited
我当时非常兴奋
for Sebastian to see what Pipilok had shot.
想让Sebastian看看Pipilok拍的东西
And he hated it,
但他讨厌极了
said it was too unsettling,
说它让人感到不安
told me to burn it all, to burn it!
还让我把它全烧掉 烧掉
The only thing Sebastian kept, of everything Pipilok did,
Sebastian唯一留下的关于Pipilok的杰作
was the name Kunuk.
只有那个名字 Kunuk
He liked the name Kunuk.
他喜欢Kunuk这个名字
It was a hit.
电影名噪一时
When the film ended the opening night,
当电影首映式结束时
people leapt to their feet
人们欢呼雀跃
and demanded they start it again from the beginning.
要求再从头放一边
There's no accounting for taste, is there?
这部电影难道不是味同嚼蜡吗
Here was a film not a tenth as good
上映的电影根本不及
as the one we could have showed them,
我们本可以展示的十分之一
And they ate it up.
但他们把它看完了
Audiences-- they're useless.
观众们 他们哔的一无是处
He didn't live long enough to enjoy his success.
他没能活着享受自己的成功
He died two weeks after the premiere
首映后两周便去世了
with what the physician said was...
医师的诊断是
"All the gonorrhea."
"死于所有淋病"
He was a silly man.
他是个傻子
Made a great film, though.
不过确实拍了部好电影
剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表