剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表
Good evening.
晚上好
I'm Helen Mirren,
我是Helen Mirren
And you're watching "Documentary now!" Season 50.
你现在收看的是<纪录进行时>第50季
Some rock bands endure for decades;
有些摇滚乐队可以走红数十年
Others are gone in an instant.
其他则很快销声匿迹
But every so often that instant
但即使是那些被世人遗忘的乐队
Creates music that lasts forever.
也总能创造出经典名曲
Please enjoy tonight's film
下面请欣赏今晚的影片
Gentle & Soft:
温和与舒缓
模仿的原作是2013年美国导演亚历克斯 吉布尼 所拍摄的<老鹰的历史>
The story of the blue jean committee.
蓝牛仔委员会
Hey! We're the blue jean committee!
大家好 我们是蓝牛仔委员会
A band like blue jean committee,
像蓝牛仔委员会这样的乐队
That only comes once in a lifetime.
这辈子只可能有一个
Those were amazing shows,
他们的演出棒极了
And the people that are there
而观众们
Really marked the times in their life
在亲身体验了现场演出后
By the time they spent watching blue jean committee.
才能真正体会到生活的乐趣
For the two years that record was popular,
专辑热销的那两年
It was like fleetwood mac "Rumours."
就好像Fleetwood Mac的<流言>
Every song was a single,
专辑里的每首歌♥曲都是热单
And every single was great.
每支单曲都非常好听
I was completely blown away by that record.
我被整张专辑彻底地惊艳到了
We'd all tried to capture that thing,
当时的音乐人们都曾尝试抓住某种精髓
But they really got it.
但只有蓝牛仔委员会领会到了
That was the quintessential california record.
那是加州唱片的典范
"Catalina breeze"
<卡特琳娜的微风>
The fantastic album of the '70s
这张70年代的经典专辑
In that moment, they were on top of the world.
那时的蓝牛仔委员站在了世界的顶峰
The sonic quality of the music
他们音乐中的电音质感
Is real tranquil and placid and relaxing,
平静 温和又舒缓
And it is really in conflict with their actual relationship,
这与他们组内的关系形成了强烈反差
Which was extremely bombastic and--and aggressive.
他们浮夸又激进
As sisters, you know, we love each other,
作为姐妹 我们相亲相爱
And, like, when we listen to that music,
当我们听到他们的音乐时
Like, we feel the love.
我们能感受到里面的爱意
Like, there was love there at one point.
就像歌♥里充满了爱
You know, you can't make music like that
如果你不爱对方
And not, you know, love each other.
你是不可能创作出那样音乐的
Morning. Morning.
早上好 早上好
In all of the pictures and everything
能够被我曾经阅读过的杂♥志♥
In the magazines I used to read and to be in 'em,
再一次地报道
That's really something.
这真是一件非同小可的事情
You go, "Well, you know, there's someone I admire.
你会想 "好吧 我很崇拜这个人
There's someone I admire,
我崇拜那个人
And what's--what's my mug doing in there?"
我的报道是在这里做什么呢"
So that was, uh, really nice,
所以 这真的很好
And it's very, uh, very thankful for every moment
每当人们说我好话的时候
That someone said something nice.
我都非常感激
It meant a lot to me.
这对我意义非凡
You don't mind the camera's here, right?
你不介意这摄像机吧
Yep.
不介意
So, uh, it was-- it was a good feeling.
这感觉真的很棒
My name is gene, I live in, uh, chicago,
我叫做Gene 我住在芝加哥
And apparently you guys are interested in talking to me
很显然你们想和我讨论
About the blue jean committee.
有关蓝牛仔委员会的话题
Yeah, it's a glamorous job.
是的 这工作酷极了
You know, you do it for the love of it.
我♥干♥这行是因为我热爱香肠
Yeah, I'm not mad at clark.
我并没有生Clark的气
You know, I mean, to be honest,
实际上
I mean, I haven't thought about him in quite a few decades.
我近几十年都没有想过他
Perfect.
完美
I've got a lot of good memories,
我有很多美好回忆
But, uh, as far as, you know,
但是 你知道的
Thinking about what clark is like,
至于回忆有关Clark的事情
It's been a long time since
我已经很久很久
I've, uh, really thought about him.
没有想过了
I hadn't seen him in a long time.
我也很久没有见过他了
Oh, we got this house in, uh, '98.
我1998年时买♥♥下了这栋房♥子
It's my money. I bought all this.
这是我的钱 我把它全买♥♥了
I bought all these guys out.
我把这些家伙也都买♥♥了
I'm trying to buy that guy out,
我还想把这伙计也买♥♥了
'cause, see--see how his telephone pole
因为 你看到他的电线杆了吗
Is obstructing my view of the ocean?
把我的海景给挡住了
If you're sitting here,
如果你坐在这里
I can't see the ocean from here,
是看不见大海的
So I got to knock all that out.
所以我得挡视线的东西全都拆了
Fame is--it's nice.
名誉 不错
I mean, fame is a good thing, you know?
我是说 名誉是个好东西
I live here.
我住在这里
Got my nice house.
住在我漂亮的房♥子里
It's--it's all been worth it.
这一切都非常值得
When I look at what I've got,
当我看着我拥有的一切时
I say, "Thank god I thought up
我会自言自语
This blue jean committee thing."
"感谢上帝 我成立了蓝牛仔委员会之类的鬼东西"
They had such a sound.
他们的音乐棒极了
I remember the first time I heard it.
我还记得我第一次听到他们的音乐时
I was driving down pch, top down,
我驾车在加州的太平洋海岸公路上 一路向南
Heard this thing; it was like nothing I'd ever heard before,
他们的曲子不同于以往任何我听过的音乐
And yet everything about California
但又是有关加州的一切
All at the same time.
全部融为一体
They somehow captured everything we'd all been after.
他们抓住了我们向往的东西
And I was blown away.
我迷上了他们的音乐
I said, "Where the heck did this music come from?"
我想 "究竟什么人才能创造出这样的音乐"
Well, I'm chicago born and bred.
我是土生土长的芝加哥人
People always said I was a bit of a handful,
人们总说我有点管不住
Which was probably a nice way of saying
这估计是他们在婉转地说
I was a little dickhead.
我是个傻缺
My pop was the foreman at the old vienna beef factory
我老爸是一家维也纳牛肉工厂的工头
Over on north damen.
在North Damen附近
My parents both worked at
我父母都在
Schwenke's sausage and rendering.
史文琪香肠工厂打工
That's where they met.
他们就是在那里相遇的
Schwenke's is the best.
史文琪的香肠最棒了
Mom did, uh, quality control.
我妈妈当时负责质量把控
She took it real serious,
她对待工作很认真
And my dad worked on the line.
爸爸则是流水线工人
He was a packer.
他负责包装
I used to, uh, play with the hairnets;
我很喜欢玩他的发兜
To bring 'em back home.
把它带回家玩
But mostly I liked playing music.
但我更喜欢玩音乐
My earliest memories were, uh, loving all the doo-wop groups.
最早时我记得 我非常喜欢杜沃普摇滚
This is going back a long ways, you know.
那可是很久以前的事情了
Doo-wop is, uh...
杜沃普摇滚
It's--it's not just oldies;
已经不仅仅是怀旧了
It's ancienties.
已经是古董了
So, uh, me and clark, we met at sausage school,
我和Clark在一家香肠学校相遇
And, uh, we knew each other from, you know,
我们最开始只是
The hallways and stuff.
会在走廊上偶尔碰见
I saw him here and there,
他无处不在
And, uh, think he was, uh, kind of a trouble-maker.
他有点爱惹事
I was on the wrestling team.
我当时是摔跤队的
Pee-wee state champ, 102-pound division,
102磅级别的全州冠军
Three years running.
蝉联三年
Thank you.
谢谢
In school I'd play little assemblies and stuff,
在学校时我会玩玩小乐队
And I'd play for everybody,
我为大家表演
And I'd play, uh, "Glad all over"
比如Dave Clark Five的
By the dave clark five.
<喜悦再来过>
You know, and I loved being on the wrestling team.
我很喜欢在摔跤队的时光
The wrestling team was a great thing,
剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表