剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表
嫖女人
I'm walking out of bennie's
那天我走出本尼酒吧时
With a 12'er of old style,
刚喝了一打酒
When I saw the most beautiful sight.
然后我看到了世上最美的景色
I saw two seagulls cruising along.
两只海鸥在天上飞
They got me thinking about the ocean and the sand
它们让我想到了海洋 还有沙滩
And beach balls and, you know, stuff like that,
沙滩皮球 以此类推
And, you know, for the first time in a while I felt good.
这让我在消沉之后 第一次感觉不错
Wasn't till I sobered up that I realized
直到我酒醒之后
That the birds were pigeons, but...
我才发现 看见的是两只鸽子 不过
You know, who gives a shit?
管他的呢
I mean, it's a better story with seagulls.
说成海鸥会给这个故事增色不少
Then clark called me and said that
Clark给我打电♥话♥说
We're gonna have a meeting.
我们得开个会
He says, "You know what?
他说 "你知道么
** chicago."
去他的芝加哥吧"
I said,
我说
"Nobody says ** chicago.'"
"没人会说操芝加哥的"
And he says, uh, "California.
后来他说 "加州
We're gonna be a california band."
我们要作一支加州乐队"
California was the vibe.
加州给我们带来了活力
You know, feeling the breeze and the air
享受微热的轻风与空气
And the sun on your skin.
阳光停留在你的皮肤上
You know, that kind of shit, you know?
这种调调 你懂吗
Write music about that.
写这样的歌♥
It's not that hard.
才不会那么难呢
Uh, you know, people often mention
你知道 人们总是谈论
How the beach boys didn't surf,
海滩男孩老是唱那些讲冲浪的歌♥
And they sang all these songs about surfing, you know?
但实际上他们根本不玩冲浪这件事
I--I mean, I think it's an interesting analogy
我觉得 这和蓝牛仔唱些关于加州的歌♥
To the blue jean committee who wrote about living in california
但实际上他们住在芝加哥
While residing in chicago.
是相似的类比
"California," I said,
"加州" 我给他说
"You know, we're not even from there.
"我们都不是加州人
"I don't know what to-- you know, what are we
我不知道 我们该
"Gonna write about?
该写些什么"
"Hills and--and grapes?
"山丘和葡萄吗
Wine? I don't know."
还是葡萄酒 我根本没头绪"
I--I just--I knew beer and blues.
我只知道啤酒和蓝调
The fact of the matter is no one gave a shit about chicago.
关键问题是根本没人鸟芝加哥
I mean, we're not making any money.
我们赚不到任何的钱
Everything was about california at the time.
那个时候最火的加州
I mean, that's just where the money was.
只有和加州沾边才能来钱
So then, uh, clark says he'll write the songs if he has to.
所以 后来Clark说 如果我不行那就他来写歌♥
I mean, we had nothing.
我们那时 根本没有任何头绪
We had no songs and no album.
没有单曲 也没有专辑
So we're, uh, you know, stuck on an island, in a way.
某种程度上来说 我们基本上是被困住了
We're just stuck out there in chicago
我们被困在了芝加哥
With, uh, some kind of half-baked plan,
脑子里只有个不成熟的想法
And then, uh, what changed everything
不过后来 一切都改变了
Was meeting, uh, Alvin Izoff.
就是在遇见Alvin Izoff
That name means a lot,
那个名字意义重大
And when you're hungry in the music business,
当你想在音乐事业上想大展拳脚时
That's who you want to talk to.
他就是你要找的人
He was the biggest manager in the world at the time.
那时 他是世界上最厉害的经纪人了
If anybody can make this happen for us,
要是有人能给我们办成这件事
It was gonna be him.
那一定就是他了
He was California music.
曾经的他 就是加州音乐
Yeah, Izoff, I'd call him a world-class asshole for sure.
没错 Izoff就是个世界级的混♥蛋♥
Clark had gotten a tip from a pal of ours
Clark从一个朋友那儿得到个消息
Who worked at, uh, O'hare.
那个同事以前在奥黑尔机场工作
He was a skycap.
他是个机场搬运工
Alvin Izoff had been coming into Chicago.
Alvin Izoff要来芝加哥了
He was trying to sign Peter Petera.
他还想要签约Peter Petera
Clark got an idea that we should camp out at terminal 3,
Clack认为我们应该去3号♥航站楼露营
Just wait.
就等在那儿
And, uh...
然后
We just waited.
我们就在那儿等着
I leave baggage claim at O'hare airport.
我离开奥黑尔机场的行李领♥取♥处
I hop in the bock of my limo.
跳入我豪华轿车的后座
Suddenly the door flings open,
突然门被开了
And this lunatic hops in, waving a cassette tape.
然后这个疯子跳了进来 挥舞着一盒磁带
He was scared shitless. He's a little guy.
他被吓尿了 本来也就是个小家伙
Little guy.
小家伙
He said, "Who are you?"
他问 "你是谁"
And I go, "I'm your next star.
我说 "我是你的下个明星"
Shut up. Listen to the tape."
"闭上嘴 听听那盒磁带"
I had my forearm on his neck like that.
我把我的前臂像这样掐在他脖子上
Gets in my face and says,
冲在我面前 说
"Teach me how to be a California pansy."
"教我怎么做个加州婊♥子♥"
Then we hit him with our vocal warm-up,
然后我们用磁带上的声带准备活动
Which was on the tape.
深深地打动了他
One, two, three, four.
1 2 3 4
**Kielbasa*
*波黑熏肠
Boy, could they sing.
天呐 他们真能唱歌♥
And you could see in his eyes
你可以从他眼里看到
The guy saw money, you know what I mean?
钱 你知道我的意思吧
My big thing was reinventing a band's image.
重头戏在于重塑乐队形象
The band Shreveport, remember them?
什里夫波特t乐队 记得他们吗
I totally changed their look.
我完全改变了他们的外形
The whole California thing, however,
然而整个"加州"事件
Was a major issue.
却是主要问题
You got to remember,
你得知道
We'd never even been there.
我们从没去过那儿
I gave up after about six hours.
我六小时后就放弃了
I said, " It, let's just fix the wardrobe."
我说 "去他的 咱们还是整几件衣服得了"
Word on the street was that me and Gene
路边都在说 我和Gene
Had gone vegetarian.
成了素食主义者
Which was not true.
那不是真的
And in chicago that's a death sentence, you know?
在芝加哥 这就像是被判了死刑
You can get away with insulting
在这座城市里
A lot of things in this city,
有很多能被宽恕的东西
Because we're a liberal town.
因为这是个自♥由♥的城市
Yeah, but don't insult the sausage.
没错 但别侮辱香肠
Then my cousins caught wind of it,
因为我表兄听说了消息
And they went bonkers and firebombed my apartment,
整个发疯似的 还烧了我公♥寓♥
Almost killed me and the girl I was banging at the time.
几乎把我和当时约炮的姑娘烧死
I mean, it was nuts.
简直疯了
Yeah, that was a scary time.
那是段恐怖的经历
It's the first time in my life
我人生中第一次
I ever wanted to get out of Chicago.
想要逃离芝加哥
And, uh, that was the key to everything.
那是一切的关键
And so we had to hole up in the studio.
所以我们只能躲在工作室
It was the only place we were safe,
那是我们唯一安全的地方
Which was a weird blessing in disguise
灾难演变成了不合时宜的眷顾
Because that let Gene,
因为这让Gene
his little dweeb mind of his
和他那白♥痴♥的小脑袋
Was able to come up with something
想出了些东西来
And that--that became the "Catalina" Record.
然后 就成了<卡特琳娜>这张唱片
Every song on that record is incredible.
那张唱片上的一切都令人难以置信
Yeah. Every single one.
没错 每一支都是
I mean, like, now it's, like,
就好像现在
Everyone talks about, like,
每个人都谈论
"What are the singles on your record?"
"你唱片上的单曲是什么"
I mean, every song on that record could have been a single.
那张唱片上的每支歌♥都能成为一首单曲
Was a single.
就是单曲
It's like...
就好像
I don't even know how they chose.
我甚至都不知道他们怎么选择
Monday night we roll tape.
周一晚上我们卷磁带
You know, Alvin's trying to mess with our clothes
Alvin试着摆弄我们的衣服
And our look and everything.
剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表