剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表
Good evening.
晚上好
I'm Helen Mirren,
我是海伦·米伦
and you're watching "Documentary Now" Season 51.
您现在收看的是<纪录进行时>第51季
In 1992, filmmaker RC Baumgartner
1992年 电影工作者 RC Baumgartner
set out for Ohio to chronicle a gubernatorial campaign.
前往俄亥俄州 记录一次州长竞选
While the intended focus was the candidates,
尽管纪录片原本的焦点在于候选人
it soon shifted to those behind the scenes.
但镜头很快对准了那些幕后工作者
Through Baumgartner's lens, the world was introduced
透过Baumgartner的镜头 我们看到了
to political operators Teddy Redbones
政♥治♥操盘手Teddy Redbones
and Alvin Panagoulious
和Alvin Panagoulious的世界
in the campaign classic, "The Bunker."
这部经典的竞选纪录片为<地堡>
**Dreaming*
*梦见
**Dreaming*
*梦见
**Dreaming you'll look my way*
*梦见你将望向我
**Dreaming*
*梦想着
**Scheming*
*谋划着
**Hoping that you'll be mine someday*
*希望终有一日你属于我
**Dreaming*
*梦想着
**Dreaming*
*梦想着
**Hoping that you will stay*
*希望你会留下
**In the soft of the night*
*在这温柔的夜
**You're holding me tight*
*你紧紧抱着我
**When you look at me*
*当你注视着我
**Then you'll say*
*你说道
**That you've been dreaming*
*你只是在做梦
**Dreaming*
*做梦
**Hoping you'll be mine someday*
*希望终有一日你属于我
That's right.
没错
As a former councilman, I care very much about Ohio.
作为一个前议员 我非常关心俄亥俄州
Yes.
是的
And I think it's important to run
并且我认为参加竞选很重要
and give Ohioans a choice.
给俄亥俄州人♥民♥一个选择也很重要
That's right.
正是
I run as a...
我竞选的出发点
as a kindness, you might say.
你可以说是出自善意
Okay.
好的
Well, you have a good afternoon
祝你有个愉快的下午
and then a good night.
然后有个愉快的夜晚
Now, that is fun.
真好玩
Talking on the telephone to reporters.
跟记者用电♥话♥聊天
Hey, listen to this.
嘿 来听这个
"Modest though he is,"
"尽管他很谦虚"
"Ben Herndon yesterday handed his campaign"
"Ben Herndon昨日将他的竞选活动"
"Over to a rogue's gallery of political gurus"
"交给了一帮土匪般的政♥治♥大♥师♥"
"Including Teddy Redbones,"
"包括Teddy Redbones"
"The so-called Mississippi Machiavelli,"
"所谓的密西西比的马基雅维利"
"and Alvin Panagoulious, the boy-hunk--"
"和Alvin Panagoulious"
Wow--"Of the Beltway."
"环形公路上的小鲜肉万人迷"
Huh, you think I'm a cute hunk?
哈 你觉得我是很萌的帅哥吗
I feel like I'm shy.
我觉得我是害羞型的
No, they always write the same stuff about me.
不 他们经常这么写我
A Mississippi Machiavelli or Sunburnt Succubus or...
什么密西西比的马基雅维利 或者晒伤的女妖 或者
what's the other one? Suspected arsonist.
另一个叫啥来着 纵火嫌疑犯
Uhhuh. Yeah?
嗯哼 是吧
But, uh, you know what they always leave out?
但是 呃 你知道他们总是漏掉哪一个称呼吗
Undefeated. That's right.
东方不败 没错
Undefeated.
东方不败
Did you fellas forget to take your shoes off?
你们这几个货是不是进门忘记脱鞋了
Oh, sorry.
哦 对不起
Apologies.
抱歉
I mean, my goal is to have an office
我的目标就是在这间办公室里
that just has a lot of open communication,
大家能畅所欲言 公开交流
so any messages for the candidate
这样候选人的任何信息
can go through me.
都能经过我这里
If there are any phone calls for the candidate,
如果有任何电♥话♥打来找候选人
this all goes through me.
全都要经过我
Everything's streamlined so it goes through me.
这样所有事情都简化了
Just faster that way, and--
会更有效率 而且
I don't know who put these up,
我不知道是谁把这些贴在这里的
but this one is a nine,
但这女的是个9分
and this wall should be all tens.
这面墙应该全部贴10分的女人
You know, blondes, brunettes.
你懂的 金发美女 棕发美女
Tasteful. Just tens.
有品位的美女 总之是10分
It's a little thing but it just affects everything, so...
这是件小事 但却举足轻重 所以
Okay. All right, thanks.
好 好的 谢谢
And let's please make sure on all the flyers
我们要确保所有传♥单♥上的
that the name is spelled correctly.
名字拼写都是正确的
It's H-E-R-N-D-O-N, Herndon.
是H E R N D O N Herndon
And now let's hear from the man of the campaign, Mr.--
下面我们有请竞选经理跟我们说几句
Get out of my way. Out of my way.
让开 别挡道
Teddy Redbones. Get out of my way.
Teddy Redbones先生 让开
Let me tell you what this election's about, okay?
让我来告诉你们这个选举到底怎么回事 好嘛
Let me tell you why I wake up at 4:30 in the morning so angry.
让我来告诉你们为什么我早晨4点半醒来感到如此愤怒
Because Governor Lester with his head of hair
因为Lester州长一头浓发
and his perfect suits and his "Jogging,"
着装完美 他还"慢跑"
well, he thinks he's got
他以为他对
this re-election in the bag, right?
这次重选稳操胜券 是吗
What, because our guy ain't James Dean?
为啥 因为我们的候选人毫无魅力吗
Well, let me tell you something.
那让我来告诉你们几件事
We've all been the most unpopular guy in the room.
我们都曾做过这个房♥间里最不受欢迎的人
Yeah?
是吧
We've all been the person at the wedding
我们都曾是婚礼上
no one wants to speak to during passed appetizers, yeah?
在传递前菜时无人愿意搭话的人
And now we're up against Mr. Popular.
现在我们起来反对最受欢迎先生
Okay?
好吗
Governor Lester with his-his perfect record
Lester州长和他的完美记录
and his money and his $10 family,
和他的钱 和他10美元的家庭套餐
well, let me tell you something.
让我来告诉你们几件事
Even the shiniest, most beautiful apple
即使是最光鲜最漂亮的苹果
has something mushy and brown underneath.
表皮底下都有黏糊糊屎黄色的烂地方
Now, we got to find whatever weird, mushy brownness
现在我们把那些奇怪的糊状的棕色物
we can on Governor Lester, all right?
在Lester州长身上找出来 懂吗
So let's get this goin'. Come on.
那就让我们行动起来吧 来吧
So I guess the question is, how do you
我想我的问题是 你怎么会
get excited about a candidate who says he is only running
为这样的候选人感到兴奋 他说他竞选
as a "Kindness to the voters,"
只是为了"对选民友善"
and who has publicly praised
他还公开称赞了
Governor Lester's first term in office?
Lester州长第一任期内的工作
He praised it publicly, exactly, to be nice.
他公开称赞他的工作 正是为了表达善意
It's kind of like when you meet someone's wife
有点像你见到了某人的妻子
and you say she's a ten when really she's a true five.
你说她有10分 而其实她只有5分
I mean, I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I say that.
我觉得我这么说并无不妥
We all do that.
我们都这么做
And that's your political strategy?
这就是你的政♥治♥策略
Rating women?
给女性打分
You could see it that way.
你可以这么认为
Okay. Okay.
好的 好的
I'm Luanne Maltley with "Politics Now."
我是Luanne Maltley 您收看的是<政♥治♥进行时>
We'll be right back.
我们稍后回来
I think it went very well.
我觉得进行得很顺利
I understand that you're new to our style,
我明白你还不太了解我们的风格
but it's very effective, I assure you.
但这是很有效的 我向你保证
Don't worry.
不用担心
Not gonna do anything
不会做任何
that makes you feel uncomfortable.
让你觉得反感的事
Oh, jackass alert right here.
噢 前方蠢货预警
"Re-elect Lester."
"重选Tom Lester"
All right, hold up.
好的 停车
A lawn jockey?
草坪骑师
It's 1992.
这都已经1992年了
剧集 | 纪录进行时(2015) | 导航列表