剧集 | 彭伯利谋杀案(2013) | 导航列表
- especially to the poor and needy. - How intriguing.
有人曾说我"不可思议"
The term "Miraculous" has been used,
-但这不由我来评断 -是啊
- but it's not for me to judge. - Indeed.
临行前我还在照顾一个亲戚
I come straight from a cousin's bedside.
可怜人已经病了一年多
The poor wretch has been ill for over a year.
没完没了纠缠不休 我告诉他
Far too much fuss and bother. I told him
要生要死想好了就做吧
he needed to decide whether to live or die, and then get on with it
别给旁人添太多麻烦
with as little possible inconvenience to others.
他一定感激您的直言不讳
I'm sure he appreciated the clarification.
达西去哪了
Where's Darcy?
-他在德比参加庭审 -那我们得谈谈
- He's in Derby, at the trial. - Then we need to talk!
维克汉姆先生 丹尼上尉与你是否曾在
Mr Wickham, did Captain Denny serve alongside you
-1798年的爱尔兰战役中并肩作战 -是的
- in the Irish campaign of 1798? - He did.
战后 你成为了民族英雄
You became something of a national hero in the aftermath,
因为你在抗击法军时表现英勇 对吗
I understand, for your courageous role in fighting the French?
我为国王和国家尽忠职守
I did my duty for King and country,
别无其他
and nothing more.
案发当晚 6月14日
To the night in question, June 14th.
你 维克汉姆太太和丹尼上尉一同
'You, Mrs Wickham and Captain Denny journeyed together
在彭伯里树林中穿行
'through Pemberley woods?'
是的 车行驶到半路
Yes, about half way through,
丹尼上尉让车夫停车
Captain Denny shouted for the carriage to stop.
车夫
Driver!
他跳下了车
'He jumped out.'
你自求多福吧 维克汉姆 我不能忍♥下去了
You're on your own Wickham, I am finished.
他对我送我未被邀请的妻子
He was angry with my plan to deliver
去参加舞会的计划很不满
my wife uninvited to the ball.
丹尼做事一向有礼有节
Denny always put a premium on honourable behaviour
而这件事在他看来是不光彩的
and to him, this was dishonourable.
丹尼 别犯傻了
Denny, don't be a bloody fool.
维克汉姆 维克汉姆 快回来
Wickham! Wickham! Come back here this instant!
我跟着他
I pursued him,
当我找到他时
by the time that I found him,
他已经被人袭击了 奄奄一息
he had been attacked and was close to death.
丹尼 丹尼
Denny? Denny?
我看到树林里有人飞奔而去
I saw someone fleeing through the trees.
于是我拿起丹尼的手♥枪♥就开了枪
So, I grabbed Denny's pistol and fired.
但已经来不及了 我又开了一枪求救
But they were gone. I fired again for help.
来人啊
Help!
然后我意识到我得尽快把丹尼
Then I realised I had to get Denny to safety
搬到安全的地方 我尽力了 但是
as fast as I could. I tried, but...
于事无补
it was... it was to no avail.
维克汉姆先生 你是否有可能
Mr Wickham, is there any reason at all
对你最好的朋友充满憎恨
for you to have been filled with such hatred for your dearest friend,
以至于跟他进了树林
that you would've pursued him into those woods
然后把他打死
and battered him to death?
不可能 这个想法太荒谬了
No! No! The very idea is insanity!
我与丹尼上尉情同手足
I loved Captain Denny as a brother!
我会以我的生命来保护他
And I would defend him with my life.
伊利莎白 你一定知道
You must know, Elizabeth, that the
人们全都在打听这宗案件
whole of society is asking about this case?
我来这里的一路上都快被包围了
We've been positively under siege on my tour!
我相信您回答这些问题时
I trust you answered all questions
恰到好处地结合了想象与事实
with the appropriate blend of fiction and fact.
你似乎十分冷静
You seem very calm about this!
我不比您更喜爱闲言碎语
I do not like gossip any more than you do.
但恐怕我们给邻居们提供了闲聊的谈资
But I'm afraid we make sport for our neighbours,
而他们也令我们发笑 一向如此
and they, in turn, entertain us. It was ever thus.
达西必须宣布和乔治·维克汉姆断绝关系
Darcy must publicly disown George Wickham
从此远离这场肮脏的审判
and have nothing further to do with this sordid trial!
他不会在法庭上作证吧
I trust he will not be giving evidence in court?
不 他会的
Oh, yes, he will.
达西家的人不能上法庭 太丢人了
A Darcy can't be seen in the dock, it's disgraceful!
他受传唤出庭作证 凯瑟琳夫人
He's called as a witness, Lady Catherine,
他别无选择
he has no choice.
一派胡言 想想你的好名声
What nonsense! Think of your good name!
如果好名声是靠背弃责任与正义得来的
If a good name depends on turning one's back on duty and justice,
那它根本不值得维护
then I hardly think it worth preserving at all.
你母亲对此会怎么说呢
What would your mother have to say about this?!
恐怕她会滔滔不绝
I fear, a great deal.
莉兹 莉兹 你在哪
Lizzy, Lizzy, where are you?
莉兹 你绝猜不到刚刚在镇上发生了什么
Lizzy? You'll never guess what just happened in town!
我碰到几位女士
I bumped into some ladies.
我去了趟朗顿的那家女帽店
I stopped at that lovely milliners we have in Lambton
我们正在礼貌地谈话
and we were having the most civil conversation
直到我提到我是达西夫人的妹妹
until I mentioned I was Mrs Darcy's sister,
他们立刻掉头走开了
at which point they turned their backs on me and walked away!
我追上他们 对他们说
I marched straight up to them and I said
我一点都不为你感到羞耻
I wasn't in the slightest bit ashamed of you!
看 莉兹 我捍卫了你
I truly defended you, Lizzy, you see?
凯瑟琳夫人 你们应该还没见过吧
Lady Catherine, I don't believe you've had the pleasure.
这位是乔治·维克汉姆的妻子
Mrs George Wickham.
我还是不在这儿留宿了
I will not be staying after all.
好好想想我说的话吧 伊利莎白
You'll think about what I said, Elizabeth.
你会发现我是对的
You'll decide I'm right!
凯瑟琳夫人 您应该了解我啊
Come now, Lady Catherine! Surely you know me better than that?
好吧
Well!
维克汉姆先生 我这里有一张单子
Mr Wickham, I have here
列出了你在军队服役期间未还的债
a list of unpaid debts from your Army days.
欠福斯特上校八磅 未还
Eight pounds to one Colonel Forster, unpaid.
欠巴恩的十字权杖旅馆老板五英镑 未还
Five pounds to the innkeeper of the Cross and Sceptre in Bath, unpaid.
这个清单上还有很多
I mean, the list goes on...
你是否承认你欠了这些债
Do you acknowledge these debts?
我承认又能怎样
What if I do?
这不代表我会杀我最好的朋友
It doesn't explain why I would kill my best friend!
只有凶手自己才能真正明白他的犯罪动机
Only the perpetrator of a crime can truly understand his reasons,
这动机通常无法被诚实而和平的人理解
and they seldom make sense to the truth-telling, peace-loving man.
所以 维克汉姆先生
And therefore I put it to you, Mr Wickham,
你既不诚实也和平
that you are neither truth-telling nor peace-loving!
维克汉姆先生 你最初在树林里
Mr Wickham, am I correct that the precise location
发现丹尼上尉的准确位置现在仍然未知
where you first came across Captain Denny in the woods
我说得对吗
has never been discovered?
在黑暗中难以分辨一棵树与另一棵
One patch of woods looks very much like another in the dark.
我停下之前拖着丹尼走了好一段距离
And I dragged Denny quite some distance before we stopped.
的确 尤其是一个
Yes, quite, a man who is
受重伤而且濒临死亡的人
clearly severely wounded and close to death.
对他而言 这可不能减轻他的痛苦
It could hardly have been a soothing experience for him.
我是想带他去找人帮忙
I was trying to get him to help!
可后来的事实证明 救援即将赶来
And yet, as events subsequently proved, help was on its way.
维克汉姆 维克汉姆
Wickham? Wickham?
我害死了他 我唯一的朋友 我害死了他
I killed him! My only friend and I killed him!
维克汉姆 我要指出
I put it to you, Mr Wickham,
你当时考虑的更多的是自己
that it was less Captain Denny's well-being
而不是丹尼上尉的安危
that was on your mind, than saving yourself!
你试图让他尽量远离案发现场
You wanted to get him as far as possible from the scene of the crime,
以确保它永远不会被发现
to make sure it was never found again!
-法官大人 我反对 -你说什么
- Your Honour, I must object! - I beg your pardon!
控方的指控完全是基于假设
The prosecution is indulging in hypothesis, nothing more!
-阿维斯顿先生 轮到你的时候再发言 -坐下
- Mr Alveston, await your turn to speak. - Sit down!
请有点节制
Please show some restraint!
维克汉姆先生 我希望你回想一下
Mr Wickham, I'd like to bring your attention
出发去舞会之前你和丹尼上尉在国王纹章旅馆
to the argument between Captain Denny and yourself at the King's Arms,
发生的争执
before you left for the ball.
你们之间到底发生了什么
What exactly happened between you?
我说过了 他不赞成我为妻子做的打算
As I have said, he didn't like my plan regarding my wife.
-你们当时的谈话就是关于这个的吗 -是
- And that's the full extent of your discussion at that point? - YES!
我的问题问完了 法官大人
No further questions, Your Honour.
他在玩什么把戏
What's he playing at?
我也不知道
I don't know.
传下一位证人
Call your next witness.
朗顿的皮戈特太太 有请