剧集 | 富贵浮云(1999) | 导航列表
That you refuse me because I'm Irish.
不是
No.
不是的
No.
抱歉
Excuse me.
我先行告退了
I will take my leave.
父亲 求你了
Oh, Father, please?
你从小就被宠坏了
You were spoilt from your youth.
都是你母亲的错
It's your mother's fault.
我的错
My fault?
是谁给她买♥♥白色小马驹的
Who gave her the white pony?
是谁在她五岁的时候就带她去剧院的
Who took her to the theatre at five years old?
露依莎 莎拉 马上出去
Louisa, Sarah, leave the room at once.
不过 他的确既富有又年轻
He is, after all, both rich and young.
你是要改变主意吗
Are you changing your mind?
不过他的脾气似乎很暴躁
Though he has a very fiery nature.
那你会因为害怕而退让吗
And will you concede because he frightens you?
我情愿让他做我的女婿
Well, I'd rather have him as a son-in-law
总好过我自己脑袋开花
than have a bullet in my head.
父亲 他威胁跟你决斗吗
Oh, Father, did he threaten a duel?
没有
No.
但很有可能
But he might.
都说爱情短暂易逝
Love is accounted brief and passing,
但财富却
while wealth is...
持久可靠
..Dependable and long.
你姐姐这么说的
Your sister said that?
不 她相信爱情
No, she believes in love.
但我必须承认 我也喜欢金钱
Though, I must admit, I like wealth, too.
我的鞋子里好像有个石子
I think I've got a pebble in my shoe.
让我来
Allow me.
这只脚呢
And this one?
没有
No.
谢谢
Thank you.
他脸色苍白
His pallor is most disturbing.
呼吸急促
His breathing is shallow.
而且以他的年纪来说 有些发育过快
And he is altogether far too big for his age.
他必须喝这个
He must drink this.
鳞茎醋蜜
Oxymel of squills.
那是什么
What is that?
是醋 鳞茎提取物 还有
A combination of vinegar, extract of bulbs and..
硫化汞的混合物
mercury sulphide.
好了 应该可以了
There. That should do it.
随着福克斯先生步步高升
As Mr Fox's star rose,
我父亲 虽然极不情愿
my father, quite against his preference,
却不得不支持他的提案
was drawn into supporting his cause.
我怎能不签那份请♥愿♥书
How could I not sign that petition?
我甚至不喜欢大部分内阁官员 众所周知啊
I don't even like most of the Cabinet, as you know.
到目前为止 我在诸事上一直支持陛下
Until now, I have supported His Majesty in everything,
但是他只听从他的朋友
but he only listens to his friends.
原本我仍会支持他的
I would support him still,
但我必须将职责置于私人意愿之上
had not my duty overcome my inclination.
他却接受不了 认为我背叛了他
He's taken it very badly, as a personal betrayal,
但是我又能做什么呢
but what else could I have done?
我知道 亲爱的
I know, my dear.
你已经尽力了
What else could you have done?
查尔斯 -怎么
Charles. - Hm?
我一直在考虑艾米丽的事情
I've been thinking about Emily.
有我姐姐的前车之鉴
From my sister's impulsive behaviour,
我明白必须要更加慎重和耐心
I had learned to be more circumspect and patient
才能实现自己的愿望
in the achievement of my own wishes.
但是 我和她一样意志坚决
I was as determined as she had been, however,
一定要得到自己想要的
to get what I wanted in the end.
我束手无策 卡洛琳小姐
I can do nothing for this child, Lady Caroline.
不要这么说 -我说的是实话
Don't say so. - But I do say so.
绝无半句虚言
Most emphatically.
他至今接受过什么治疗 -起疱剂
What treatment has he had? - Blisters.
泻药汤
Purging with broth.
汞
Mercury.
潮虫 -潮虫
Ground woodlice. - Ground woodlice?
有人开了这个药
That was prescribed?
卡洛琳小姐
Lady Caroline,
您的孩子我实在无从下手治疗
this child is beyond the reach of my attention,
因为他什么病也没有
for the simple reason that there is nothing wrong with him.
没病? -没病
Nothing wrong? - Nothing wrong.
但是 他的咳嗽
But...his cough?
他的抽搐
His twitching?
抽搐是婴儿生长的正常迹象
His twitching is the natural growth of a normal infant.
很多婴儿都会有
Many infants have...
烦躁的习性 过了一定的时期就会消失的
a fidgety habit, which, in the fullness of time, they abandon.
那他的咳嗽呢 -流行病而已
And his cough? - It is widespread,
今年波及整个国家
across the country this year.
而且据我所知 并未造成病亡
And has injured none that I know.
真难以置信
I can't believe it.
国王让步了
The King has conceded.
我们重拾威信了
We have regained authority
而且我被任命为军事部长
and I have been made Secretary of War.
你高兴吗
Are you pleased by that?
我希望战争能够速战速决 -你会吗
I hope to bring it to a speedy end. - And will you?
可没那么简单
It will not be easy.
我得从早到晚不停地工作
I shall have to do business from morning till night.
亨利 我必须告诉你关于斯蒂的事
Henry, I must tell you about Ste.
等会儿 亲爱的 等会儿
Later, my dear. Later.
责任是指引我生命的明灯
Duty is the light which has guided my life
我也希望我所有子女都能担负起责任
and which I recommend to all my dear children.
责任让我们在面对困难时
It is the quality that can sustain happiness
依旧能维持幸福
in the face of adversity.
责任也是我们生命的基石
It is the rock on which our lives are built.
就像臣民对君王
The duty of subject to monarch,
君王对国家 孩子对父母的责任
of King to country, of child to parent.
听你父亲说话 查尔斯
Listen to your father, Charles.
你们可能也知道最近艾米丽
You are possibly aware that Emily has received
得到了她心仪对象的求婚
a proposal of marriage she desires to accept.
虽然她心向往之
Yet despite her strong feelings,
但她还是一直尊重我的意见
she has been dutiful in her regard for my opinions.
我将大家召集在此
I have gathered you
是为见证她的顺从得到的奖励
to see that duty is rewarded.
艾米丽的行为是你们所有人的榜样
Emily's behaviour is an example to you all.
我将告诉奇达尔达人
I shall tell Lord Kildare
你母亲和我收回对他求婚的反对
that your mother and l withdraw our opposition to his suit.
剧集 | 富贵浮云(1999) | 导航列表