剧集 | 富贵浮云(1999) | 导航列表
伦敦 1743年
在反抗和流♥血♥冲♥突♥之后 诞生了一个崭新的时代
A new age has been born out of rebellion and bloodshed.
我却是生在旧时代的人
I am of another time.
我在一个完全不同的世界里长大
I was raised in a different world.
我怎么可能知道我们有多特殊
How could I know how unusual we were?
我是养尊处优的艾米丽·伦诺克斯小姐
I was the much-pampered Lady Emily Lennox.
我和我的姐♥妹♥们♥ 对外面的世界一无所知
I and my sisters knew nothing of the world beyond our own.
保姆
Nurse!
我们甚至不知道
We barely acknowledged
在我们的世界之外存有另外的世界
that there was a world beyond our own.
把露依莎小姐抱走 哄她别哭
Take Lady Louisa and make her quiet.
妈妈 穿粉色的不就挺好看吗
Mama, does not the pink do well enough?
太平淡无奇了
It's amazingly insipid.
我天生就姿色平平啊
I cannot be prettier than God made me.
海绿色的塔夫绸也不能改变什么
Sea-green taffeta will not alter the case.
你想让自己看起来像个邋遢女人吗
Do you want to look like a dowdy?
卡洛琳怎么可能看起来邋遢
Caroline couldn't look like a dowdy.
我世界的中心 是我的姐姐卡洛琳
The centre of my world was my sister Caroline.
我长大后 可以戴这些吗
May I wear these when I'm of age?
艾米丽 那些是卡洛琳的 为社交季准备的
Emily, those are Caroline's, for the season.
我非得去参加那舞会吗
Must I go to this ball?
是的 你必须去 那可是哈维大人举办的
Yes, you must. It's Lord Hervey's.
我希望自己也能去呢
I wish I could go.
你难道不想嫁出去吗
Don't you want to get married?
你到底对布菲尔德大人哪点不满意
What objection do you have to Lord Beaufield?
我对他没感觉
I have no feeling for him.
日久生情 慢慢就会有的
Feelings will follow. They always do.
妈妈 -全伦敦最优秀的男人任你挑
Mother! - You have the pick of London.
你还想要谁啊 -一个爱我的人
Who do you want? - Someone who loves me.
一个我爱的人
Someone I love.
我们是查理二世国王的曾孙女
We were the great-granddaughters of King Charles II.
我们的祖父生前是里奇蒙公爵一世
Our grandfather was the first Duke of Richmond,
我们的父亲是二世
our father the second Duke.
我们的母亲曾是宫廷女侍
Our mother was Lady of the Bedchamber.
我们是正宗皇室血统 婚配的也都是皇室贵族
We were of royal blood and we mixed with royalty.
令媛 尚未婚配吗
Does your daughter not...take?
倒是有人上门提过亲 殿下
She has had offers, Your Royal Highness.
一万英镑的嫁妆及你家的社会地位
A dowry of 10,000 pound and your rank,
她没追求者才怪了
it would be strange if she had not.
尤其是她的长相也不是...
Particularly as her appearance is in no way...
让人厌恶啊
disgusting.
她拿不定主意
She is slow to decide.
你让她自己做主吗
She is permitted to decide?
她有权推迟啊
She is permitted to postpone.
里奇蒙公爵 可真是个娇惯孩子的父亲
The Duke of Richmond is an indulgent father.
卡洛琳内心极不安分
Caroline herself had expectations,
我们那种封闭 按部就班的世界无法满足她
which our closed, arranged world could not satisfy.
参加三个社交季后 我的父母非常沮丧
At her third season, much to my parents' dismay,
因为她仍未找到如意郎君
she had still not found a husband.
精彩的舞会
Excellent ball.
是啊 布菲尔德大人
Indeed, Lord Beaufield.
我们去享用晚宴吧 他们准备了龙虾
Shall we go into supper? I believe they have lobster.
哦 再等会儿吧
Oh. Perhaps later.
我不爱吃甲壳类食物
Shellfish don't attract me.
今天的演讲精彩绝伦啊 福克斯先生
An excellent speech today, Mr Fox.
多谢了 首相大人
Ah, thank you, Prime Minister.
你才思敏捷 可以来财政部供职了
We could do with your brain at the Treasury.
此类职位全凭您一句话任命啊 首相大人
Positions such as those are yours to dispense, Prime Minister.
君主的否决权不可无视啊
The royal veto runs.
国王有他自己中意的人选
The King has his favourites.
我来应付
I'll deal with that.
幸会啊 哈维大人 -福克斯先生
Ah, Lord Hervey. - Mr Fox.
精彩纷呈的舞会啊
A splendour of an occasion.
他们准备了上等的猪肉及炖小羊肉
Well, they have excellent pork and a lamb ragout.
我刚才与首相大人说话
I was just having a word with the Prime Minister.
我寻思您与人为善 请务必听我说几句
I wondered if I might presume on your good nature.
国王陛下向来对您言听计从
His Majesty is wax in your hands.
我
Me?
我不过是强弩之末
I'm a spent force.
除非泰晤士河干枯 否则您永远是朝野重臣
Your force will be spent when the Thames runs dry,
哈维大人
Lord Hervey.
此话当真
You mean that?
福克斯先生 -大人
Mr Fox. - Your Grace.
此类场合 人们更在意的是交际而非享乐
These occasions...more business than pleasure.
我觉得希望无限呢
Oh, I find them full of possibility.
你又不是个已婚的老男人
You're not an old, married man.
那个叫福克斯的家伙 整晚喋喋不休
Always bending people's ears, that Fox fellow.
他就不能老实待一会儿
He can't stand still for a minute.
您认识他吗 -偶尔会跟他一起打牌
Do you know him? - I've played him at cards, occasionally.
您平时有什么消遣啊 卡洛琳小姐
How do you amuse yourself, Lady Caroline?
我喜欢读书
I like to read books.
所有类型吗
Whole books?
我刚读完了伏尔泰笔下的一个悲剧故事
I've just finished a tragedy by Voltaire.
伏尔泰
Voltaire?
在下亨利·福克斯 卡洛琳小姐
Henry Fox, Lady Caroline.
你认为伏尔泰怎么样 -我觉得他用词犀利毒辣
And what did you make of Voltaire? - I find him wicked.
你是说 他有独♥立♥的思想
You mean, he has independent thought.
独♥立♥的思想可算不上犀利毒辣
lndependence of thought is not wicked.
大多数人认为是
Most people think it is.
那大多数人是没脑子 -是吗
Well, most people do not think. - No?
他们只会人云亦云 拾人牙慧罢了
They just agree with the current fashion.
伏尔泰勤于思考
Voltaire thinks.
他只相信那些经得起实际考验的真理
He doesn't accept anything without examination.
你说得对
You're right.
或许这就是他的书有趣的原因
Perhaps that's why his books are so diverting.
伏尔泰是谁
Who is Voltaire?
您的品味令我惊讶 卡洛琳小姐
Your taste surprises me, Lady Caroline.
你还涉猎些什么书
What else do you read?
小说
Novels.
野史
Scandal.
哲学 历史
Philosophy. History.
那些书对您的现实生活有影响吗
Are you influenced by your reading?
我想那是肯定的
Well, I suppose I must be.
但是喜欢书里的情节
But what one enjoys in books
并不一定就会在生活中实践
one may not practise in life.
如此不正是读书的乐趣吗
Is that not the pleasure of books?
书籍能给人带来很多种乐趣
Books have many pleasures.
生活也是
As has life.
该用晚宴了 卡洛琳小姐
Supper, Lady Caroline?
亨利·福克斯激起了卡洛琳的兴趣
Caroline became intrigued by a Mr Henry Fox,
一个政客
a politician,
与我们的世界中此前出现过的男人迥然不同
who was quite unlike anyone any of us had met before.
卡洛琳必须在季末前做出选择
Caroline must choose now, before the season ends.
她为什么不选择布菲尔德
Why doesn't she take Beaufield?
他英俊 迷人
He's handsome, charming.
他太冷静无趣了
He's very sober.
你能跟她谈谈吗 -要劝服她太难了
Will you speak to her? - She is hard to persuade.
劝服? 你要命令她
Persuade? You must demand.
我想告诉你们一件事
I wish to tell you all of an event that
是我18岁时候发生的
took place when I was 18 years of age.
当年我准备去法国...
I was bound for France...
我的父亲常常向我们讲述
My father would regularly recount to us
关于他自己那包办婚姻的事
the story of his own arranged marriage.
用意非常明确
The moral of which was clear.
..当我听到他说的
..When I heard what he said,
"结婚吧 儿子 穿起华服 走进婚姻殿堂吧"
"Marriage, my son. Get dressed for your wedding."
我说 我怎么可以结婚 我要去法国
I said, "How can I marry? I'm going to France."
"结婚不妨碍你去法国"
"What has France to do with the matter?"
他说 "我已经给你找到一位贤妻"
He said. "I've found you a capital wife."
当时我不知道他是怎么找到她的
I didn't know then how he'd found her,
但是我的父亲 是正人君子
剧集 | 富贵浮云(1999) | 导航列表