剧集 | 富贵浮云(1999) | 导航列表
你叫他们下等公民 公平吗
Do you think it is fair to call them rabble?
你来跟她说 露依莎
You speak to her, Louisa.
她会听你的
She'll listen to you.
我们家也是时候开始
It was a time for acceptance
学着接受和原谅
and forgiveness within the family.
莎拉
Sarah...
你凭什么认为纳皮尔上尉会娶你
why do you suppose Captain Napier wants to marry you?
只因为我的个性
For my character alone,
我与他个性契合
which precisely suits his.
那你为什么想嫁给他
Why do you wish to marry him?
他过的生活并不轻松
The life he lives is difficult.
因为我确定一点
For the one thing I'm certain of.
是什么
Yes?
我爱他
I love him.
一个军队上尉 真想不通
An army captain! It does not make sense.
不好意思 我不同意
I'm sorry to disagree.
因为我明白
But I believe it does.
什么
What?
他的品性有缺点吗
Is there any fault in his character?
据我所知 没有
Not one that I know.
他们对彼此了解已久
Their knowledge of one another has been long.
感情也经历了诸多困难和分离的考验
It has lasted through difficulties and distance.
莎拉 如果你想嫁给他
Sarah, if you wish to marry him...
我不会反对
I cannot object.
我很相信你 露依莎
I depended on you, Louisa!
我以为你很明智
I thought you were wise.
也许有时候也明智过头吧 哥哥
Perhaps overly wise on occasion, brother.
真高兴你同意了
I'm so glad you approve.
就算我不同意你也会嫁的 -没错
You would marry him, anyway. - I would.
莎拉终于得到了她渴望已久的
Sarah was finally blessed with the tranquillity
平静与美满
and contentment she deserved.
她的丈夫是个好人
Her husband was a good man.
她在他身上发现了刚毅的性格
In him, she found the fortitude
以及能够给她带来终身幸福的爱情
and the love to be happy at last and in the years to come.
我们换了新窗帘
We have new curtains.
你喜欢吗
You approve?
外人会觉得你天生就是军人的妻子
One would think you were born to be a soldier's wife.
告诉厨房♥我们准备开饭
Tell cook we are ready to eat.
查尔斯
Charles!
乔治 吃午饭
George! Lunch!
乔治·纳皮尔刚与莎拉组建家庭
George Napier was posted to Ireland,
就被派去爱尔兰
where he and Sarah started a family.
岁月流逝
As the years passed,
他们的儿子健康成长
their sons grew up strong and healthy.
而我们也老了
We all grew much older.
坐下祷告
Pray be seated.
我们受邀要去卡斯尔顿 亲爱的
We're invited to Castletown, my dear.
艾米丽和奥格威先生也在受邀之列
Emily and Mr Ogilvie are invited, too.
艾米丽好像有惊喜给我们
It seems Emily has a surprise for us.
我从法国回家
I came home from France
全然没想到即将
with little thought of the great changes
影响我们的巨变
that would soon engulf us.
我最爱的儿子 爱德华也从美国回来了
My favourite son, Edward, had also returned, from America.
他和印第安人住在一起
He has been living with Indians.
印第安人
Indians?
他和他们一起捕鱼 一起狩猎
He fished with them, hunted with them.
和蛮人一起?
With savages?
他说他们不像我们有很多可笑的需求
He says they have none of our ridiculous wants.
他认为他们的生活充满幸福
His view is that they have all the happiness of life.
我想这点你很赞同吧 奥格威先生
A view that you agree with, I suppose, Mr Ogilvie?
不是吗 我总说爱德华
Why, I've always said Edward
要是个野蛮人那才最幸福呢
would be happiest if he were a savage himself.
爱德华
Edward!
莎拉阿姨
Aunt Sarah.
纳皮尔上尉
Captain Napier.
爱德华大人
Lord Edward.
他已经离开军队了 纳皮尔上尉
He has left the Army, Captain Napier.
是吗
Really?
为什么 -我想一定不是因为胆小吧
Why? - Not for any cowardly reasons, I'm sure.
你说得对 卡洛利先生
You're right, Mr Conolly.
是因为良心我才离开
It was my conscience that made me leave.
他总是 相信自己的感觉
His heart... will always rule his head.
美洲人有权获得独♥立♥
The Americans have a right to their independence.
因此 出于道义 我无法与他们再战
In all conscience, I could no longer fight against them.
但你喜欢军人的身份
But you liked the life of a soldier?
的确
I did.
你母亲告诉我们你与印第安人同住
Your mother tells us you lived with Indians.
与易洛魁人一起 是的
With the Iroquois, yes.
与野蛮人同住就不危险吗 爱德华
Was it not dangerous, Edward, living among savages?
他们是最温和最高尚的人 露依莎阿姨
They are the gentlest and noblest of people, Aunt Louisa.
和军人一起才危险呢
It was more dangerous being a soldier.
但你从不畏惧危险 是吗 爱德华
But you have never feared danger, Edward?
若为正义而战 我在所不辞 爸爸先生
If the cause is just, Mr Papa, I welcome it.
甜美的胜利果实 都是用代价换来的
Nothing worthwhile is won without a price.
剧集 | 富贵浮云(1999) | 导航列表