剧集 | 富贵浮云(1999) | 导航列表
Do you not miss your protector?
十分想念
Indeed I do.
他的陪伴
His company.
他的仁慈 他的智慧
His kindness. His wisdom.
很多人都哀悼哈维大人的辞世
Lord Hervey had many to mourn him.
朋友 马屁精 债主
Friends, toadies, creditors.
一个遗孀 八个孩子
A wife. Eight children.
众多的男女情人
Lovers of both varieties.
包括我的兄长
Including my brother.
你不该如此口无遮拦坦言相告的
You should not speak so frankly to me.
哦 我喜欢坦承
Oh, I approve of frankness.
你年轻貌美
Because you are young and fair,
并不代表你愚钝无知
it does not follow that you are foolish.
那您是认同哈维大人的生活方式了
And so you approve of Lord Hervey's way of life?
我从不评判他人的人生
I do not judge how another man should live.
你又是怎么生活的
How do you live yourself?
我相信我告诉过你了
I believe I told you.
我尽情享受人生
I live to the full.
失陪了 卡洛琳小姐
You will excuse me, Lady Caroline.
我必须去处理一些公事
I must attend to some business.
我在财务部的职位已经确定了
My position in the Treasury is granted.
你父亲告诉我了
Your father has told me.
在葬礼上攀扯权势 难道不有失庄重吗
Is it not undignified to scramble for position at a funeral?
出身高贵的人 当然对身份地位不屑一顾
It is easy to scorn position when it comes to one by birth.
我是个贪婪的人
I am a greedy man.
你承认自己贪婪
You admit you are greedy?
我同样也很勤勉和明智
I am also industrious and wise.
但不谦虚
But not modest.
当然 你很看重谦逊
Of course, you value modesty.
我会努力改变的
I'll try for it.
你想做什么都可以
You may do as you wish.
与我没有关系
It has nothing to do with me.
我希望能和你有关系
I would like it if it had.
听我解释 -别来烦我
Let me explain. - Let me be.
求你了
Please.
那是福克斯先生
There's Mr Fox.
走开 -不 请听我解释
Go away! - No, please, listen.
不好意思 失陪一下
Will you excuse me?
你们看什么那么聚精会神
What are you gazing at so intently?
福克斯先生
Mr Fox.
你不会有事的
You will be fine.
是那个女演员吗
Is that the actress?
身怀他的孩子的那个
The one who carries his most recent child?
前两天我还看见他和格伦哈维夫人在一起
I saw him the other day with Lady Glenharvey.
而不久之前 他的怀中人是科尔曼夫人
And it's not long ago that Lady Coleman was hanging on his arm.
我恨你 亨利·福克斯 -求你了
I hate you, Henry Fox. - Please!
他确实很有趣
He's entertaining enough,
但是他的行为太放荡不羁了
but his behaviour is unconscionable.
但对一个异教♥徒♥ 能指望什么呢
But, then, what else can one expect from an unbeliever?
你知道吗 他和那个女演员
Did you know about it, him and the actress?
肯定有很多女人都喜欢他
He must be loved by many women.
*无论你漫步在何处*
*Where'er you walk*
*清风为你吹拂林荫小道*
*Cool gales shall fan the glade*
*无论你席坐何处*
*Trees where you sit*
*树林为你撑起一片绿荫*
*Shall crowd into a shade*
*绿荫*
*Shade*
*绿荫*
*Shade*
*无论你席坐何处*
*Trees where you sit*
*树林*
*Shall crowd...*
我父母很乐意
My parents were happy enough
将福克斯先生纳入他们的社交圈
to include mr Fox in their circle,
不过只是作为一位有趣的点头之交
as an amusing acquaintance.
如果想逾越这层关系
That he should be anything more
试图更进一步 简直是天方夜谭
than an acquaintance was simply inconceivable.
卡洛琳小姐
Lady Caroline.
能否借一步说话
I would speak with you.
我宁愿发表一篇演说
I would prefer to make a speech
号♥召下议院增加赋税
asking the Commons to increase duties
也比我接下来想说的话易于开口
than say what I must say now.
接下来几分钟内要发生的事情
On the outcome of the next few minutes
将会决定我下半辈子的幸福
depends the happiness of the rest of my life.
你肯定十分了解自己的美丽
You must be aware of your beauty of person.
也定有无数人赞美过你的芳容
You must have been told, many times,
那些人肯定都比我优秀
by others more worthy than l.
您过奖了
You compliment me.
怎能算是过奖
It is no compliment.
是我发自肺腑的真心话
It is the sober truth.
但我欣赏的
But it is your...
是你的品性
character that I value,
或许是因为你的品质比我要高尚许多
perhaps because it is so very much more worthy than my own.
您想说什么 福克斯先生
What are you saying, Mr Fox?
我爱你
I love you.
我愿执子之手 与子偕老
I'm asking for your hand in marriage.
能让我保留一点希望吗
Can you allow me to hope?
你必须要原谅我的震惊 福克斯先生
You must forgive my surprise, Mr Fox.
我没想到你会是一个愿意守护婚姻的人
I had not thought of you as a man who would wish to marry anyone.
你是第一个让我有婚姻欲望的女人
You are the first I have ever asked.
那格伦哈维夫人 还有科尔曼夫人呢
And Lady Glenharvey? And Lady Coleman?
她们都已经结婚了
They are both married already.
你真巧言善变
You are flippant.
我从没像现在这般认真过
I have never been more serious about anything in my entire life.
那些女人都是我的过去
Those women are my past.
我的未来只愿与你厮守
My future rests only with you.
前提是你愿意嫁给我的话
If you will have me...
那个女演员还有你的孩子呢
And the actress and your child?
都结束了 我会供养他们的
It is over. They are provided for.
你要知道没有我父母的祝福
You know I cannot consider your offer
我是不会考虑你的求婚的
without the blessing of my parents.
你是否准许我向令尊提亲
If I may have permission to approach your father...?
我准许你
You have my permission.
但我提醒你 我父亲可不好应付
But, I warn you, my father is not an easy man.
我不认为他们不喜欢我
I do not think they dislike me.
愿你成功
I wish you every success.
他以为自己是谁
Who does he think he is?
他竟敢向她求婚
How dare he address her!
他是想要高攀
He thinks to rise in the world.
他简直太厚颜无♥耻♥了
His impudence knows no bounds.
他能为她提供怎样的生活
What does he imagine he offers her?
他出身卑贱 无贵族血统
He has no birth, no breeding,
不信奉上帝 也不讨人喜欢
no reverence for the deity, no charm of person.
他看上去像只癞蛤♥蟆♥
He looks like a toad.
亨利
Henry?
亨利
Henry!
他说这是他第一次如此渴求婚姻
It is the first time he aspires to marriage, he says.
不知道她怎么会招惹了他
I wonder what she did to provoke him.
我们已经把福克斯打发走了
We have dismissed Mr Fox.
真是荒唐可笑 越快忘记越好
It's an unfortunate incident, which we'll quickly forget.
打发 忘记
Dismiss? Forget?
但是 父亲 你有没有考虑过
But, Father, did you consider...
难道我会把女儿嫁给一个
As if I would give my daughter
与我年岁相仿的人
to a man who is closer in age to me.
他的年龄使他阅历丰富
Well, age has brought him prosperity.
因为区区阅历 我们就该满意吗
And should we settle for mere prosperity?
你是我们的掌上明珠 亲爱的 他配不上你
You're an attractive prize, my dear, but you're not for him.
我已经禁止他再来我们家了
You must know I've forbidden him the house.
什么
What?
福克斯先生不会再来拜访我们了
Mr Fox will visit us no more.
不
No.
大人
Your Grace.
失陪
Excuse me.
至少我们也要在表面上以礼相待吧
剧集 | 富贵浮云(1999) | 导航列表