剧集 | 别名格蕾丝(2017) | 导航列表
我必须承认 自从来到金斯顿
I must admit that I have come very close
过去两年中
to nervous exhaustion during the last two years
我已经几近神经衰弱
since I was in Kingston.
谢谢 夫人
Thank you, ma'am.
不知如何
Not to know,
抓住那些暗示与预兆
to snatch at hints and portents,
还有撩人的低语 这和心神不宁一样糟糕u3000
at tantalizing whispers. It is as bad as being haunted.
夜里有时 她的面庞会于黑暗中出现在我面前
Sometimes at night her face floats before me in the dark,
如同美好神秘的海市蜃楼
like some lovely and enigmatic mirage.
不过我仍然有一些重大发现的暗示
I have intimations of some vast discovery, still though, as yet,
我在黑暗中游走 指引我的只有沼光
I wander in darkness, led only by marsh-lights.
女谋杀犯
Murderess.
我几乎是感激
I'm almost thankful
和平解决南北关系的前景
that the prospect for a peaceful resolution
没什么希望了
between North and South is not hopeful.
而我眼前要承担的责任会是一种解脱
As it will be a relief to have a duty of some kind set before me.
无论那场面有多么可悲
No matter how deplorable the occasion for it.
你心身疲倦 但挚爱的友人
Your brain-sore and weary, but affectionate friend,
西蒙
Simon.
格蕾丝 我有个无比震惊的消息
Grace, I have the most astonishing news.
你的赦免通过了
Your pardon has come through.
约翰·麦克唐纳先生和渥太华司法部长通过的
From Sir John Macdonald and the Minister of Justice in Ottawa.
简直太棒了
Isn't it wonderful?
这不是残酷的玩笑
Is it not a cruel joke?
不是
Oh, no.
千真万确
It is really true.
你被赦免了
You are pardoned.
得知我不再是臭名昭著的女谋杀犯
It was strange to realize that I would not be
感觉很奇怪
a celebrated murderess anymore.
可能会被视为一位无辜的女性
But seen perhaps as an innocent woman
被错判以及被囚冤狱
wrongly accused and imprisoned unjustly.
我是个可怜人 而非令人害怕
And an object of pity, rather than of horror and fear.
我花了好几天时间适应这个想法
It took me some days to get used to the idea.
要配合不同的面部表情
It calls for a different arrangement of the face.
我想转身看一下
I wished to turn and look back,
但我记得好奇心不能太重
but I remembered Lot's wife.
我的确有一种遗憾之情
I did indeed have a sort of regret.
因为将近三十年以来
For the penitentiary was the only home
监狱是我唯一的家
I'd known for almost 30 years.
从熟悉的地方投身于未知
To go from a familiar thing into the unknown
总是让人忧心忡忡
is always a matter for apprehension.
我想这就是很多人惧怕死亡的原因吧
And I suppose that is why so many people are afraid to die.
我能问问我去哪家做仆人吗
May I ask about the home I am to be a servant in?
主家是否了解我的情况
What has the household been told about me?
有个惊喜等着你 格蕾丝
There is a surprise awaiting you, Grace.
我现在不能告诉你是什么
I cannot tell you what it is,
但是开心的惊喜
but it is a good surprise.
我可以告诉你和一位男士有关
I will tell you that it concerns a man,
一位绅士
a gentleman.
哪位绅士
What gentleman?
我不能说
I cannot tell you.
但他是你的老朋友
But he is an old friend of yours.
我唯一能想起来的绅士
The only gentleman I could think of, sir,
就是先生你
was you, yourself.
我们的绅士来了
Here's our man.
格蕾丝 你不认识我了
Grace, don't you know me?
无论何处我都能认出你
I would have known you anywhere.
杰米·沃尔什
Jamie Walsh.
我们让你们单独待会儿
We'll give you two a moment to yourselves.
上次我见到你时
The last time I saw you...
就是你的证词令法官和陪审团
It was your testimony that changed
改变心意而如此敌对我
the minds of judge and jury so much against me.
我为在你的判决中起到的作用
I've been overcome with guilt
感到十分愧疚
for the part I played in your conviction.
我那时太年轻
I was only a young lad at the time,
无法对抗律师
and no match for the lawyers.
他们逼我说的那些话
They led me into saying things.
没关系了 杰米
It's all right, Jamie.
你不用感到愧疚了
You needn't feel guilty anymore.
这种事谁都可能会遇到
It is the sort of thing that could happen to anyone.
我祈求你原谅我
I beg you to forgive me.
我原谅你了
You are forgiven.
格蕾丝 这是我的农场了
Grace, this is my farm now.
是我的
It's mine.
虽然我没有百万身家 但能给你一个幸福的家
Although I'm not a millionaire I can offer you a good home.
但在这个国家 人们不会看你的出身
In this country, you are not judged by what you come from
只会看你拥有什么
but by what you have.
你不必因为愧疚而娶我
I do not want you to marry me out of guilt.
我一直对你有感情 格蕾丝
I've always had very warm feelings for you, Grace.
那好吧
All right then.
距离十六岁那年我沿着长长的车道
It has been many years since I was 16 years of age
走向肯尼尔先生家 已经过去很多年了
and first went up the long driveway to Mr. Kinnear's.
此刻我在自家的阳台上
Now I am on my own verandah,
眼前的景象如此平静
and the scene before me is so peaceful.
会让人觉得这是一张图画
You would think it was a picture.
我们养了白色和红色来亨鸡
We have white and red Leghorns
还有一头泽西奶牛用于做奶油和奶酪
and a Jersey cow for the cream and cheese.
没有什么比这更美好了
There is nothing better.
我们有两匹马 查理和内尔
We have two horses, Charley and Nell,
给我带来莫大的愉快
who are a great pleasure to me
沃尔什先生不在时 它们是我的好伙伴
and good company when Mr. Walsh is not here.
我们的猫叫虎斑
Our cat is named Tabby.
它的毛色如你所想 而且擅长捕鼠
She is the color you might expect and a good mouser.
-还有一只狗叫雷克斯 -还有一只狗叫雷克斯
- And a dog named Rex. - And a dog named Rex.
沃尔什先生还想雇一名女佣
Mr. Walsh wanted to employ a girl as well,
但我说宁愿自己做家务
but I said I would prefer to do the work of the house myself.
我不想有仆人搅进生活
I wouldn't want have a servant living in,
因为他们太爱打听事 还会躲在门口偷听
as they pry too much and listen at doors.
巫师 灵媒
显灵之神 法力无边
我知道耶利米会替我保守秘密
I know my secrets are safe with Jeremiah,
正如我也会替他保守秘密
as his are safe with me.
总的来说 我和沃尔什先生三观一致
On the whole, Mr. Walsh and I agree,
我们的日子过得很顺利
and things go on very well with us.
但是有些事困扰着我 先生
But there is something that has troubled me, sir.
这也是我给你写这封长信的原因之一
It is one of the reasons I have written you this long letter.
就是这件事
It is this.
我总是想起我给你造成的痛苦
To think of the sufferings I have caused you.
你没有给我造成任何痛苦 杰米
You did not cause me any sufferings, Jamie.
造成痛苦的是其他原因
It was the others that caused them.
还有时运不济和司法不公
Also, having plain bad luck and bad judgment.
再跟我说说
Tell me again.
再跟我说说疯人院的事
Tell me again about the lunatic asylum.
再说说你是如何被虐待的
Tell me again how you were ill-treated.
医生会经常过来
Often the doctor would visit.
他会伸手摸我的腿
He would put his hand up my leg.
他说这是在查我的状况
He said it was to check my progress.
他喜欢勾勒我承受痛苦的场景
He likes to picture the sufferings I have endured.
他听了所有的事
He listens to all of it
好像一个孩子在听童话故事
like a child listening to a fairy tale.
不得不承认 这让我想起你了 乔丹医生
I must confess that it reminds me of you, Dr. Jordan.
你当时和沃尔什先生一样
You were as eager as Mr. Walsh
急于倾听我生活中遭遇的不幸
to hear about my sufferings in life.
你的两颊会泛红
Your cheeks would flush
而且如果你是一只狗狗
and if you'd had ears like a dog,
耳朵一定会向前竖立起来
they would have been pricked forward
你的眼睛会闪闪放光 舌头垂在外面
with your eyes shining and your tongue hanging out
就像在草丛里发现一只鸡
as if you'd found a grouse in the bush.
对于沃尔什先生
And, as with Mr. Walsh,
我可能会更改一些故事的细节
I may have changed some of the details of my stories
以配合我觉得什么是你想听到的
to suit what I thought you wanted to hear.
剧集 | 别名格蕾丝(2017) | 导航列表