剧集 | 别名格蕾丝(2017) | 导航列表
不 他不是
No, he is not.
这位女士不需要你的陪伴
The lady does not desire your company.
她不是女士 她是妓♥女♥
She is no lady. She is a whore.
我是托马斯·肯尼尔 你的新雇主
I am Thomas Kinnear, your new employer.
我来接你
I've come to fetch you.
你到镇上不足五分钟
Well, you've not been in town five minutes
就吸引了不少绅士的爱仰慕
and you have managed to attract gentleman admirers.
他们不是
They are not.
不是绅士 还是不是仰慕者
Not gentlemen, or not admirers?
这是查理
This is Charley.
上去吧 格蕾丝
Up you go, Grace.
你是让我坐前面吗
Do you mean me to sit in the front?
总不能让你像行李一样丢在后面吧
Well, we can hardly have you in the back like a piece of luggage.
我不习惯坐在他这样的绅士旁边
I was not used to sitting beside a gentleman like him,
但他好像没有多想
but he didn't seem to give a second thought.
于是我们就驾车走过了央街
And there we were, driving up Yonge St.,
好像我是一位优雅的女士
just as if I was a fine lady.
肯尼尔先生什么样
What did Mr. Kinnear look like?
他举止绅士 先生
He had a gentlemanly bearing, sir.
就这样
Is that all?
你没有特别观察他
You did not observe him very particularly.
我可不想盯着他看 先生
I did not wish to gape at him, sir,
不然我就得
and I would have needed
完全转过头 因为我的帽子
to turn my whole head, because of my bonnet.
我想你从没戴过帽子吧 先生
I suppose you've never worn a bonnet, have you, sir?
不 我没有
No, I have not.
我想应该挺拘束的
I expect it is confining.
是的 先生
It is that, sir.
你好 杰米
Hello, Jamie.
这是格蕾丝·马克斯 从多伦多远道而来
This is Grace Marks, come all the way from Toronto.
我在旅馆找到她的
I found her at the inn.
杰米住在附近
Jamie lives nearby and
有时帮我们打理农场
helps us around the farm from time to time.
多伦多大吗
Is it big, Toronto?
是不是很大 我从没去过
Is it very grand? I have never been there.
非常辽阔
Grand enough.
我不知如何适当地向他形容多伦多
I could not find it in me to answer him properly about Toronto,
因为此时我有点后悔离开那里
because right then I was bitterly sorry I had ever left it.
我听见她笑了
I heard her laughing.
但她没有向我打招呼
She had not given me one word of greeting.
麦克德莫特 把格蕾丝的行李带到她房♥间
McDermott, take Grace's things to her room.
我的心一阵揪紧
Something squeezed tight about my heart.
当我闭上双眼
When I close my eyes
那栋房♥子的每个角落都还历历在目
I can remember every detail of that house as clear as a picture.
我能蒙起眼睛 穿行于所有房♥间
I could walk through every room of it blindfolded.
现在想起在六个月之后
It's strange to reflect
我是住在那栋房♥子的所有人里
that of all the people living in that house,
唯一的幸存者感觉很不可思议
I was the only one of them left alive in six months' time.
但在当时我没什么特别感觉
Though at that moment I had no particular feeling about it
只想喝一杯水
and only wanted a drink of water.
最终 南希带我参观了整栋房♥子
Eventually, Nancy gave me a proper tour of the house.
这里没有单独的洗衣间
There's no separate laundry room,
但各种洗衣用具 煮衣锅
but the things for washing, the coppers,
洗衣盆 洗衣板
the washtub, and the scrubbing board,
都在室外厨房♥里
are present in the summer kitchen.
我们不养猪 它们太聪明了
We don't keep a pig. They're too clever for their own good.
肯尼尔先生的老狗方西死了
Mr. Kinnear's old dog Fancy died.
家里有只狗对陌生人吠叫 我会感到安心些
I'd feel easier with a dog about the place to bark at strangers.
这下面有个活门通往地窖
There's a trap door under here to the cellar.
我认为那地方很古怪
I thought it was an odd place
要是在厨房♥可以更方便些
as the kitchen would have been more convenient,
但厨房♥下面没有地窖
but the kitchen didn't have a cellar under it.
继续说 格蕾丝
Go on, Grace.
好的
Of course.
地窖的楼梯十分陡峭 不便行走
The cellar stairs were too steep for comfort,
地窖被一面半砖墙分成两部分
and the cellar itself was divided into two parts by a half-wall,
一边是用来储存奶制品
the dairy on the one side,
括黄油和芝士
where they kept the butter and the cheeses,
另一边用来储存
and, on the other side, the place where they stored
葡萄酒 桶装啤酒
the wine and the beer in barrels
苹果 卷心菜 甜菜 土豆...
and apples and the cabbages and the beets and potatoes...
嗯 格蕾丝 但...
Yes, Grace but...
怎么了 先生
Yes, sir?
我知道地窖里会储存些什么
I understand what is stored in a cellar.
当然
Of course.
地窖里有一扇窗
There is a window down there
不过你应总是带上蜡烛或提灯
but you should always take a candle or a lantern.
下面很黑 你可能会
It's very dark below and you could trip
在楼梯绊倒而摔断脖子
and fall down the stairs and break your neck.
我们当时没有进入地窖
We did not go down into the cellar at that time.
南希 一路微笑着 带我看我的房♥间
Nancy, who was now all smiles, showed me to my room.
她戴着一幅漂亮耳环
She had on a very handsome pair of earrings,
我看得出是真金的
which I could tell were real gold,
我很好奇作为女管家的她
and I wondered how she could afford them
怎么买♥♥得起金耳环
on the salary of a housekeeper.
我看得出麦克德莫特和南希讨厌彼此
I could see there was no love lost between McDermott and Nancy.
他越发乖戾了
He is more surly than ever.
随他的便吧 反正都得接受
Well, he can suit himself and welcome.
一笑或是康庄大道
It's a smile or the open road for him...
或者很可能会跌入深沟
Or more likely the bottom of a ditch.
很高兴遇见你 格蕾丝
I am very glad to see you, Grace.
经过一段路途颠簸 你一定很累了
You must be very tired after your journey, it's very fatiguing.
不如你好好休息下 明早再工作
Why don't you rest and start work in the morning?
我喜欢早起
I liked being early to rise.
这样 在那片刻时间里
That way, I could pretend for a little while
我能假装自己是房♥子的主人
that the house was all my own.
注意举止 否则我拧断你的脖子
Mind your manners or I'll wring your neck.
这话是在警告我吗
Would that be me you're addressing?
不是
No, it would not.
我知道他在想什么 他不是第一个了
I could tell what he had in mind, and it was not original.
不过我觉得
I did think it unusual
一位女管家学钢琴有些非同寻常
for a housekeeper to be learning the piano.
当然 我什么都没说
But of course I said nothing.
随后两周时间里一切都过得很平静吗
And then everything went on very quietly for a fortnight?
是的 先生 称得上平静
Yes, sir, it did. More or less quietly.
一切是指什么
What is everything?
进行得怎么样
How did it go on?
我没听懂 先生
I beg your pardon, sir?
你每天都做些什么
What did you do every day?
像往常一样 先生 履行自己的职责
Oh, the usual, sir. I performed my duties.
请原谅我
You will forgive me.
但你的职责具体是什么
Of what did those duties consist?
你没有开玩笑
You were not making a joke.
你真的不知道
You really don't know.
像你这样的绅士
Men such as yourself
不需要收拾自己的烂摊子
do not have to clean up the messes you make,
但我们必须这么做
but we have to clean up our own messes
还得为你们善后
and yours into the bargain.
在这一点上你们就像孩子
In that way you are like children.
无需事先考虑
You do not have to think ahead,
也无需担心做事后果
or worry about the consequences of what you do.
但这不是你们的错
But it is not your fault.
你们就是如此被抚养成人的
It is only how you were brought up.
然后呢
And then?
然后收集污水桶 再把它们冲洗干净
Then I collected the slop pails and rinsed them out.
用泵冲 你得先倒点水进去才冲的出来
With a pump, you have to pour some in before you can get any out.
玛丽·惠特尼曾说过丑男人
Mary Whitney used to say that was exactly how men viewed
对女人说恭维话的时候就是这么想的
the flattering of a woman, when they had low ends in view.
玛丽·惠特尼这么说不合适 但很真实
Mary Whitney was not proper but she was honest.
所以这就是你冲污水桶的办法
So that's how you rinse out a slop pail.
剧集 | 别名格蕾丝(2017) | 导航列表