还有一个是生产部
and one of them is manufacturing.
而你就正好卡在这两个部门之间
Now, you get a bottle neck in the middle,
如果订单不能过审 或者不能下达
and orders don't get processed, or orders don't go out,
那所有工作都会被迫暂停
and everything comes to a screeching halt.
我就会赔得血本无归
And I lose my shirt.
你想害我破产吗 威拉德
Now, do you want me to lose my shirt, Willard?
我最后再告诉你一次
I'm gonna tell you, for the last time!
把你囤积下的工作全部清理干净 全部
Clean up your back log of work! All of it!
如果你再耽误我的销♥售♥部
You hold up my sales department,
或者是货运部的工作
or even my shipping department, one more time,
马丁先生... -闭嘴 威拉德
Mr. Martin... - Shut up, Willard!
别跟我说你太忙了 我不吃那一套
I don't buy that bit about you being overworked.
我现在花自己的钱
I'm gonna do you a favor,
来帮你这个忙
at my own expense,
我请了一个临时工
I've brought in a temporary girl,
帮你清理你拖欠的工作
to help you clear up your desk.
我想要这里的一切工作都有序进行 而且我会做到的
Now, I want, and I am going to have a system around here,
如果你做不到的话...
and if I don't get it...
不管我以前跟你母亲做过什么保证
Promise or no promise to your mother,
我都要把你扫地出门
I'm gonna throw you out of here.
现在赶紧开工吧
Now get moving!
他们总是扔给你这么多工作吗
Do they always give you that much work to do?
你可以叫我琼 斯泰尔斯先生
You can call me Joan, Mr. stiles.
威拉德
Willard?
你都处理好了吗 -处理什么
Did you do it'? - Do what?
哦 威拉德 你这是要把我给逼疯吗
Oh, Willard, you're driving me out of my mind.
想来点儿吗
Want a little something to nibble on?
我想要你到这儿来
I want you to come here!
你把那些老鼠都杀死了吗
Did you kill the rats?
是的 都杀光了
Yes! I did it, I did it.
它们 额 在池子里游来游去
They were, uh, swimming around and around.
我觉得想要淹死它们是不可能的
And I didn't think they were gonna drown, you know,
所以我就照你说的 拿了根棍子
so I got a stick, it was your idea.
然后我就朝它们
And I came up on them and I just, you know,
啪 就像这样 -别说了
ka-bam! Like, like that. - Don't!
别说了 求你了
Don't, please don't.
我 我不想听这些
I, I don't want to hear about it.
杰克森 斯坦利 玛格丽斯 班尼斯特 克莱默
Jackson. Stanley. Margolis. Bannister. Kramer.
耶特
Yate
这些就是现在列表上需要加上的全部了
That's all the additions to the list so far.
看起来列表已经完成了
Well, the list seems to check out.
听着 如果我们不停止附加订单的话
Listen, if we don't stop this,
我们就永远也做不完了
we're not gonna get these work orders done.
我知道 -你拿到给我的邀请函了吗 威拉德
I know. - You got my invitation, Willard?
是的
Yes.
这样就能帮你省下一张邮票
This way you'll save a stamp.
让你在老板那儿也出出风头
Make a hit with the boss.
我会去的
I'm coming.
谢了 威拉德
Thanks, Willard.
我觉得
It seems to me
马丁也该邀请你去参加他的派对
that Martin should've invited you to his party.
对那些销♥售♥人员来说
Well, I'm not a customer.
我又不是他们的顾客
For a salesman.
但毕竟这家公♥司♥是你的家族创立的呀
But after all, your family founded the company,
难道不是吗
didn't they?
是啊 但那都是过去的事了
Yes, but that's the past and this isn't the past.
幸好我只是个临时工
I'm glad I'm just a temporary.
哦 你好 亲爱的
Oh, hello, darling.
你的妈妈打电♥话♥叫我过来的
Your mother called me.
她身体不太舒服 下午那会儿她觉得特别难受
She didn't feel well, she had a very bad spell this afternoon.
我告诉她我会一直在这里直到你回家
But I told her I'd stay here until you got home.
别担心 我给她做了蛋奶糕
Now, don't, don't worry. I, I made her a little custard,
你要吃一点吗 -不用了
would you like some? - No.
我不介意照顾你们两个
I don't mind taking care of both of you.
不用了
No.
哦
Oh.
妈妈 你为什么不给我打电♥话♥却要打给夏洛特
Mother, why did you call Charlotte, instead of me?
你总不能每次我一打电♥话♥就旷工吧
Well, you can't leave your work every time I call.
但我们也需要有人能来家里帮帮忙
And, we have to have someone hereto help.
恐怕我要成为你的负担了 威拉德
I'm afraid, I'm going to be a lot of trouble to you, Willard.
我会搞定的 别担心
I'll manage, don't you worry.
只有你知道我活在这个世上是多么煎熬
The only evidence of my struggle with the world is you.
抱歉我让你失望了
I'm sorry to have been such a disappointment.
你一直都是个好孩子 威拉德 我只是
You've always been a good boy, Willard. It's just that I'm
太孤独了 总是一个人 我很担心你
alone here, most of the time, and I worry so.
你需要的是一个妻子
What you need is a wife.
一个可以时时督促你
Who'll keep after you, all the time.
在生意上帮助你的妻子
Who, who would help you in business.
哦 你把门廊上的屋顶修好了吗
Oh, and did you fix the shingles on the porch?
修好了
Yes.
我实在是...
I'm so...
受够了一直躺在这里 没有电视看
Sick of lying here without my TV.
明天我会修好的
I'll fix it tomorrow.
你该不会是和女孩子发生什么问题了吧
You're not in trouble with a girl, are you?
哦 我给你妈妈端来了这个
Oh, I brought this for your mother,
这能让她恢复一些体力
it'll give her strength.
我听见你们讲话了 她还好吗 威拉德
I heard you two talking, how is she, Willard?
她已经睡了
She's asleep.
哦
Oh.
我 我可以把这个放到冰箱里
Well, I, I can put it in the refrigerator,
你可以等会儿再端给她吃 我该回去了
and you can give it to her later, and I'll be off.
但你记住了 如果需要我的话随时给我打电♥话♥
But, you remember now, you call me if you need me.
上课时间到了 奎妮
Lesson time, queenie.
到这儿来
C'mon.
来吧 奎妮 嗨 嗨 宝贝
C'mon, queenie. Hi. Hi babe.
嗨 到这儿来 该上课了
Hi. Come on, it's lesson time.
我知道问题出在哪了 奎妮
I know what the trouble is, queenie.
你听不懂我说的话
You don't know what speech is.
你知道我会发出一些声音 我也知道你会发出一些声音
You know I make noises, and I know you make noises,
但我不知道你想表达什么意思
but I can't make any sense out of your noises,
你也不懂我想表达什么意思
and you can't make any sense out of mine.
所以我要试着教你一个新单词
So, I'm gonna try to teach you a new word.
食物
Food.
食物
Food.
食物
Food.
没错 这些是食物
That's right, that's food.
空的
Empty
没错
that's right.
那是空的
That's empty.
你学到了
You're learning.
他也是我的吗
Is he mine?
谢谢
Thank you.
我就叫你...
I'll call you...
苏格拉底
Socrates.
你喜欢吗
Do you like that?
威拉德
Willard?
威拉德 威拉德
Willard? Willard?
威拉德
Willard!
威拉德
Willard?
威拉德 威拉德
Willard? Willard?
哦 我都叫了你半天了
Oh! I've been calling and calling.
哦 我刚刚在后院里 没听见你叫我
Oh, I was in the back, i didn't hear you.
你去那里做什么了
What do you do there?
就是坐一会儿
Just sit.
你不能一坐就是个把小时什么活也不干
You can't just sit out back for an hour doing nothing!
我当然可以 我喜欢那样
Yes, I can. I like it.
总是自己一个人坐着闷闷不乐对你可没什么好处
It isn't good for you to sit out there alone and brood so much!
你在想些什么呢
What do you think about, huh?
哦 暖气的长明火又熄了
Oh, the pilot light is out on the heater, again.
我这就去修
I'll fix it.