Colonel...
上校...
my heart, yet again.
我的心,再次跳到了嗓子眼儿。
- Mr. Gist.
-吉斯特先生。
- What say ye this stormy eve cousin?
-你说这个风雨交加的夜晚怎么样?
- Can ye imagine it,
-你能想象吗,
a world of little people with one giant.
一个小人国和一个巨人国的世界。
- Ah...
-啊...
Gulliver's Travels.
格列佛游记。
Well, it's not unlike the world today.
这和今天的世界没什么不同。
When a great office is vacant,
当一个大职位空缺时,
five or six candidates petition the emperor to entertain his majesty with a dance on the rope;
五六名候选人请求以跳绳舞,来取悦他们的皇帝陛下;
and whoever jumps the highest without falling,succeeds in the office.
谁跳得最高而不摔倒,谁就能成功取得职位。
- Can we not enjoy one eve without you plotting your next move.
-我们就不能享受一个,没有你计划下一步行动的夜晚吗?
- [Lord Fairfax] I'm just quoting the book, William.
-[费尔法克斯勋爵] 我只是在引用书上的话,威廉。
I've received word that our young Washington is in need of supplies.
我收到消息说,我们年轻的华盛顿需要补给。
- [Lord Fairfax] And...
-[费尔法克斯勋爵] 还有...
did you petition the Governor?
你向总督发出请♥愿♥了吗?
I've long pondered, Thomas,
我想了很久,托马斯,
if it were your studied intent to see the boy fail in the Ohio.
如果你是故意要看这孩子,在俄亥俄号♥上失败的话。
Last winter, ye asserted your influence to see Governor Dinwiddie,
去年冬天,你利用自己的影响力去见丁威迪州长,
send the boy into the wild with the letter of remonstrance,
让这孩子带着抗♥议♥信到野外去,
but now ye assert none when he petitions for aid and supplies.
但如今他求援助和供给,你却在推托。
Why?
为什么?
- So entrenched in his noble ideals, our young Washington.
-我们年轻的华盛顿,他的崇高理想如此根深蒂固。
'Tis why I did pick the boy, William.
这就是我选择这个男孩的原因,威廉。
- Ye picked the boy?
-你选了那个男孩?
- Like a ripe apple.
-像熟透的苹果。
- For what did ye pick him?
-你为什么选他?
- Why, for the task at hand, of course.
-当然是为了手头的任务。
There is not a finer officer than one who is unafraid
不怕与部下并肩作战的军官,就是...
to fight alongside his men.
最好的军官。
- Ye speak of war, Thomas.
-你说的可是战争啊,托马斯。
What plot have ye hatched?
你又在策划了什么阴谋?
- At this very hour,whispers are finding their way into the ears of King George of the threat
-就在这个时候,各种小道消息,会以各种方式,传进乔治国王的耳中,
the French pose in acquiring the land in the Ohio Valley for the Crown,including our five million acres.
说法国人威胁了王室收♥购♥的俄亥俄河谷的土地,包括我们的五百万英亩土地。
- So you do speak of the Ohio.
-你说的是俄亥俄。
You would rather see our boys die in bloody war-
你宁愿看到我们的孩子们,死在血腥的战争中...
- What did ye think?
-你在想什么?
That I was to entrust the Fairfax Land Grant to the inept and bumbling House of Burgesses,
难道,我要把费尔法克斯土地授予权,交给笨拙无能的弗吉尼亚下议院,
who've thrice attempted to deprive me,us, you, and your dear son of our land?
它曾三次试图剥夺我的,我们的,你和你亲爱儿子的土地?
Our wealth?
我们的财富?
Our future?
我们的未来?
- And what of the fate of young Washington?
-年轻的华盛顿的命运,会如何?
- Hm.
-嗯。
- There. Across there.
-那儿。从那儿跨过。
- Laddie! - I'm all right.
-小伙子! -我没事。
I'm all right.
我没事。
- You should check your pants Captain!
-你应该检查一下你的裤子,上尉!
I can smell it from here.
我这儿都闻见味儿了。
It's just an owl.
它只是一只猫头鹰。
- Watch your step, boys.
-注意脚下,孩子们。
Stephens.
史蒂芬斯。
- Here.
-这里。
Hostiles, sir?
发现敌情,长官?
- 'Tis the Half-King, our brother.
-是“半王”的人,我们的兄弟。
- I thought he promised us fifty warriors?
-我以为,他答应给我们50个战士?
There are but ten.
只来了10个。
- We'll have to make do.
-我们只好将就了。
Come.
过来。
The Half-King will lead us to the French encampment.
“半王”会带我们去法国人的营地。
- All right, men let's go.
-好了,伙计们,我们走吧。
- I count thirty-five.
-我数了,35个。
- Aye. We be evenly-matched, sir.
—是的。我们势均力敌,长官。
- Colonel.
-上校。
These be well-used French Marines,
这些是能征善战的法国海军陆战队员,
and we be farmers, land lopers, and convicts.
而我们是农民、流浪汉和罪犯。
- And we have been in rain all night.
-我们还在雨中待了一整夜。
Our powder may be wet, and Bessie may not be in the mood to pop-off this morn'.
我们的火♥药♥也许都湿了,“贝茜”燧发枪今天早上,可能没有心情发出火焰。
- My girl hasn't failed me yet.
-我女伴还没让我失望过。
We'll be ready.
我们会准备好的。
- Waggoner, tell Stephens to fix bayonets.
-瓦格纳,叫斯蒂芬斯把刺刀上好。
If our muskets fail,he and his men are to join us in charging the camp.
如果我们的火枪失败了,他和他的人会和我们一起冲进营地。
- Aye.
-遵命。
- Major Stobo, hold fire till I give command.
-斯托博少校,没我命令,不要开火。
- Aye.
-遵命。
Follow me.
跟我来。
- Captain Van Braam...
-范·布拉姆上尉...
stay by my side.
留在我身边。
I shall have need of your French.
我需要你的法语。
- Aye, Colonel.
-遵命,上校。
At your side I shall remain.
我将留在你身边。
- Bayonets one, or all of us?
-上刺刀,我们所有人来齐了?
Let's go.
我们走。
Bayonets.
用刺刀。
There's no time to be fearful.- Mm-hmm.
—没有时间害怕了。 —嗯,嗯。
- It's time to be brave. - Mm-hmm.
-是时候,勇敢起来了。 —嗯,嗯。
- La Force.
-拉福尔斯。
- Fire at will! Fire at will!
-随意开火!随意开火!
- Ah. I told the Colonel ye wouldn't fail me, lass.
—啊。我跟上校说过,你不会让我失望的,小姑娘。
Now look what ye gone and done!
现在看看你们都干了些什么!
- Colonel Washington, sir!
-华盛顿上校,长官!
Colonel Washington.
华盛顿上校。
Colonel Washington we've got them on the-
华盛顿上校,我们找到了他们在...
- So you want to dance?
-你想跳舞吗?
Ah. Let's hunt.
啊。让我们打猎。
Come on, boy!
来吧,孩子!
- Stephens! Stephens!
—史蒂芬斯!史蒂芬斯!
- Stobo! Van Braam!
-斯托博!范.布拉姆!
- I can manage, Colonel.
-我能行,上校。
Go on.
继续上。
Go on!
继续上!
- Charge!
-冲锋!
- I don't understand what you're saying?
-我不明白你在说什么?
Van Braam!
范.布拉姆!
Captain Van Braam!
范·布拉姆上尉!
- I don't understand.
-我不明白。
- Colonel Washington!
-华盛顿上校!
你还没死。
你还没死,我的父亲。
你还没死。
- Easy now.
-现在放松。
Easy.
放松。
Here we go.
我们开始了。
Oh.
嗷。
- Easy, Major.
-放松,少校。
I thought you said you were trained in the medical.
我记得你说过,你受过医学训练。
- Aye.
-是的。
Dr. Craik gave me a lesson before we left camp.
在我们离开营地之前,克雷克医生给我上了一课。
He said the main thing is to clean the wound, so I cleaned the wound.
他说最主要的是清洗伤口,所以我清洗了伤口。
Congratulations on your first military victory, Colonel.
恭喜你第一次取得军事胜利,上校。
- What are the casualties?
-伤亡人数是多少?
- One killed, sir. Three wounded.
-一人阵亡,长官,三人受伤。
- Very well.
-非常好。
Pass on my compliments to your men.
向你的手下转达我的问候。
- Aye, Colonel.
-是,上校。
易洛魁的“半王”把在峡谷里被杀的法国人的头皮,送到我们山谷里的部落
这是对我们渥太华人,和你们法国人的一种羞辱。
我的兄弟呢?
他的头皮就在其中。
我要取了那个害死我弟弟的军官的狗命,为我弟弟报仇。
我们必须带来渥太华人的正义...不是你们法国人的正义。
我们必须得像在皮卡维拉尼那样去做。
我要我的复仇,
只有到那时,你和渥太华人才能把他的灵魂带走...
会巫术的懒人。
准备部队!
战争开始了。
(演职员表后有下集预告)
电影精选列表