They raided and burnt the cabin this morning looking for you.
他们今早突袭并烧毁了小屋,就为了来抓你。
Ma and the girls are unhurt.
妈妈和妹妹们都没有受伤。
They fled to Logstown and will meet us there.
她们逃到洛斯敦,在那里和我们会合。
- Take this.
-拿着这个。
Go into those trees.
去树丛里。
Don't make a sound.
别出声。
- You don't strike me as someone who plays with dolls.
-你给我的印象,不像是会玩娃娃的人。
- Are you Mr. Christopher Gist?
-你是克里斯托弗·吉斯特先生吗?
- Who be askin'?
-你们是谁?
- I am Ensign Drouillon,of the French Regulars stationed at Fort Duquesne.
-我是德鲁永少尉,驻扎在杜肯堡的法国正规军。
My superior here, Captain Jumonville,has received word that ye may be working with the British as a spy.
我的上司,朱蒙维尔上尉,接到消息说,你可能在为英国人做间谍。
- I have no quarrel with the French,nor does my loyalty lie with the British.
-我和法国人没有矛盾,我也没对英国人尽忠过。
I am but a simple farmer.
我只是一个普通的农民。
- What right do ye have to defy the French authorities?
-你反抗法国当局,能有什么好处?
- I have no intention of defying French authority,
-我无意违抗法国的权威,
but I am certain I have every right to defend my family.
但我确信我有权利,捍卫我的家庭。
- Do ye expect to defeat our entire regiment alone?
-你想凭一己之力,打败我们整个团吗?
- Your ole friend, Half-King and fifty of his warriors lie in wait.
-你的老朋友,“半王”和他的五十名战士,埋伏在那里。
Are you certain you want to do this today?
你确定,今天要这么干一场吗?
- We will be watching you, Mr. Gist.
-吉斯特先生,我们会盯着你的。
- Son.
-儿子。
I must warn Washington.
我必须向华盛顿报♥警♥。
Tell your mother to meet me at the great crossing.
告诉你妈妈,在大十字路口等我。
Go. Quickly.
快去。
- I asked for seventy-four wagons at Winchester.
-我在温彻斯特要了74辆马车。
Why have ye arrived with only one?
你们为什么只带来一辆?
- Indeed, we been sent from Winchester, sir,
-的确,我们是从温彻斯特来的,先生,
but I don't know about the seventy-four wagons.
但我不知道,那74辆马车的事。
But I do know we have another one arriving soon.
但我知道,我们很快就会有另一辆了。
- Arriving soon?
-就要来了吗?
- Yes, sir.
-是的,长官。
- What are you doing driving military supplies?
-你装载着军用物资,要干什么?
Who sent you?
谁派你来的?
- Captain Van Braam,please help your nephew unload the wagon.
-范·布拉姆上尉,请帮你侄子,把马车卸下来。
- Captain Broadwater sent us, sir.
-布罗德沃特上尉派我们来的,长官。
I've always wanted a chance to be in the army.
我一直想有机会参军。
At least drivin' these here wagons,I gets to do my part...
至少,我能驾驭这些马车,我能尽我的一份力...
I'm sorry, but I'm just doing as I'm told and ye have these two wagons,
我很抱歉,但我只是照吩咐,你们只得到了这两辆马车,
compliments of Captain Broadwater, sir.
这是布罗德沃特上尉对你的问候,长官。
- I suppose we'll have to make do then.
-我想,我们只好将就了。
- [Driver] Yes, sir.
-[赶车人]是的,长官。
- What is your name, driver?
-你叫什么名字,车夫?
- Samuel Jenkins, sir.
-塞缪尔·詹金斯,长官。
- Ensign Bland. - Sir?
—布兰德少尉。 —长官?
- See to it that Mister Jenkins and his horses are refreshed.
-务必让詹金斯先生,和他的马匹恢复体力。
- [Bland] Aye, sir.
-[布兰德]是,长官。
- [Jenkins] Thank you, sir.
- [詹金斯]谢谢你,长官。
- Let me help.
-我来帮你。
Carry on, Jenkins.
继续,詹金斯。
- Thank you, sir. Thank you.
-谢谢你,长官,谢谢。
- Colonel. - Report, Major.
-上校。 -汇报,少校。
- Provisions from Winchester have been inadequate, at best.
-温彻斯特提供的物资,充其量还是不够。
Dr. Craik removed four more men from duty, stricken with the bloody fluxes.
克雷克医生又调离了四个人,他们都染上了血药。
- That'd be five, sir.
-那是5个,长官。
- Find out the cause of this, Dr. Craik.
-找出原因,克雷克医生。
- The cause be these filthy condition.
-原因是这里肮脏的条件。
Clean up your bloody tent, lad.
把你那该死的帐篷收拾干净,小伙子。
- Is that all, Major?
-就这些吗,少校?
- Last night, the scouts examined movement in the wild.
-昨晚,侦察兵检查了野外的活动情况。
Our sentries fired.
我们的哨兵开火了。
The men stayed on arms till dawn,but we found no enemy.
士兵们全副武装直到天亮,但我们没有发现敌人。
- Was roll called this morn'?
-今天早上,点名了吗?
- Aye.
-点了。
Six men are missing.
六人失踪。
Shall I dispatch a company?
我要派遣一个连队吗?
- Nay.
-不要。
We've sent twenty-three men out after deserters already.
我们已经派了23个人,去抓逃兵了。
Record the names, and send them to Governor Dinwiddie.
把名字记录下来,交给丁威迪总督。
Now, Major Stobo, is that all?
斯托博少校,就这些吗?
- Christopher Gist has arrived from Wills Creek, sir.
-克里斯多夫·吉斯特从威尔斯溪来了,长官。
- Thank you, Major.
-谢谢你,少校。
Good day, Mr. Gist!
你好,吉斯特先生!
- Colonel now, is it?
-你现在是上校了?
- Aye.
-是的。
- Did I overhear Captain Van Braam murmuring about a lack of supplies?
-我是不是听到范·布拉姆上尉在嘀咕缺少补给?
- Indeed, we are nearing the end of our provisions.
-确实,我们的补给已快用完了。
- How be the lowlander these days?
-那个低地苏格兰人,最近怎么样?
- He is still,what did you call him, Mr. Gist?
-他很平静,你称他什么,吉斯特先生?
- Bit of a high class dandy.
-他有点华而不实的味道。
But, I do not hold that against him.
但是,我并不因此而反对他。
- He is proficient at the sword, having been my instructor at Mount Vernon and a decent translator.
-他精通剑术,曾是我在弗农山庄的导师,也是个不错的翻译。
- [Mr. Gist] I trust not his French.
-[吉斯特先生]我不相信他的法语。
- Nor his English, if truth be told.
-说实话,也不相信他的英语。
- Nonetheless, he is the only translator we have so,therefore we shall make do with his French.
-尽管如此,他是我们唯一的翻译,所以我们将就着用他的法语吧。
Have ye eaten?
你吃了吗?
- Hardtack, Mr. Gist. Soaked in rum.
-硬面包,吉斯特先生。用朗姆酒浸泡一下。
A delicacy of the Virginia Militia.
这是俺们弗吉尼亚民兵的美味佳肴。
- Aye. Thank you, Doctor.
—啊。谢谢你,医生。
I've heard many tales about the fine dining of a military campaign.
我听过许多,关于军中美食的故事。
- Certainly no match for your wife's stew.
-当然比不上你老婆做的炖肉。
- Deer jerk.
-鹿肉干。
I trust ye will find it better than the hardtack.
我相信,你会发现它比硬面包好吃。
Well, then, Mr. Gist,
那好,吉斯特先生,
what brings you to our charming field?
是什么风把你吹到这神秘的战场?
- I was paid a visit by the French.
-法国人去找过我。
- The French? - Aye.
-法国人? -没错。
Captain Jumonville and his regulars from Fort Duquesne.
朱蒙维尔上尉和他从杜肯堡来的手下。
It seems the news of my loyalty to the crown has become widespread.
看来,我效忠英国国王的消息,已经传开了。
They burned my farm for helpin' you last winter.
他们烧了我的农场,因为我去年冬天帮了你。
- Hard news. - Aye.
-坏消息。 -是的。
- They are greedy for land south of the Ohio.
-他们贪图俄亥俄河以南的土地。
Do ye believe that vengeance was his true intent?
你相信,复仇是他真正的意图吗?
- If it was not, 'tis now.
-如果那时不是,那现在就是。
- With the fall of Fort Prince George,there are now no fortifications between our position,and the French.
随着乔治王子堡垒的陷落,现在我们和法国人之间没有防御工事了。
We must fortify as quickly as possible.
我们必须尽快设防。
- [Mr. Gist] That is not all, Colonel.
-[吉斯特先生]还不止这些,上校。
- Go on.
-接着讲。
- Ridin' here, I came across their tracks.
-我骑到这里,发现了他们的踪迹。
North-east. Not five miles from this very tent.
就在东北。离这个帐篷不到五英里。
- How many men?
-有多少人?
- [Mr. Gist] Thirty, likely more.
-[吉斯特先生]30人,可能更多。
- The French are either spying or setting an ambush.
法国人不是在监视,就是在设埋伏。
- [Mr. Gist] Aye.
-[吉斯特先生]没错。
- James,
-詹姆斯,
alert Captain Stephens to muster his men,
提醒斯蒂芬斯上尉召集他的人,
two days' rations, forty rounds of powder,and fresh flints.
带两天的口粮,四十发火♥药♥和干燥的燧石。
We shall march to the Half-King this eve.
我们今晚就去找“半王”。
- Aye, Colonel.
-是,上校。
- Do not rush to arms, son.
-别急着拿起武器,孩子。
- If ye be right about the tracks belonging to Jumonville, Mr. Gist,we are already late to arms.
-吉斯特先生,如果你说的朱维尔的行踪是对的,我们就太晚了。
The French are to remain in the belief that our numbers are greater,
在弗莱上校和他的纽约连队增援我们之前,
until we be reinforced by Colonel Fry and his New York Companies.
要让法国人应该继续相信,我们的人数更多。
If I might impose upon you yet again, my friend.
请允许我再一次强迫你,我的朋友。
- I helped you once, now my family be endangered.
-我曾经帮过你,现在我的家人处于危险之中。
- Ye still be a loyal subject of the Crown,and my fellow compatriot.
-你仍然是王室的忠实臣民,是我的同胞。
This circumstance may lead to an open conflict with the French.
这种情况,可能导致与法国人的公开冲突。
Governor Dinwiddie must be informed.
必须通知丁威迪总督。
For the sake of your family,if for no other reason.
就算没有别的原因,也是为了你的家人。
- I suppose the French will not stop at threats.
-我想法国人,不会因为威胁就罢休的。
I'll see to it.
我会留意的。
电影精选列表