- Gabriel, I want those stacks in the wagon.
-加布里尔,把那堆东西放到车上。
Rows straight.
耕地要直。
See if you can put the corn in the cabbage patch.
看看你们能不能把玉米,种在卷心菜地里。
- Now, what is this conceit?
-现在,你的自负是什么?
- 'Tis yonder.
-是远处那个。
- Well, well, this is most curious.
-好吧,好吧,这太奇怪了。
A word has been inscribed in our cabbage patch.
我们的菜地上,长出了一个单词。
- Aye.
-是的。
- And that word is...
-那个单词是...
- George. - Aye, George.
-乔治。 -是的,乔治。
But how has this occurred?
但这是怎么发生的呢?
Why has the earth written the name of my son?
为什么田地上,写着我儿子的名字?
This must be the work of chance.
这一定是机缘巧合。
- I never saw little plants grow up so as to make one single letter.
我从未见过小植物长成一个字母。
How then could they grow to make the whole of my name so exactly.
那么,他们怎么能长到,把我的整个名字长得那么准确呢?
- Indeed.
-没错。
This was not done by chance,
这不是巧合,
by my own hand.
那是我亲手种的。
- For what purpose?
-为了什么目的?
- Do you see the world in which your name has now sprung forth?
-你看到你的名字,出现在什么样的世界了吗?
The sky, blue and boundless.
这天空,蔚蓝而无边。
The river, bubbling up as it rushes forward.
这河流,奔腾向前。
The birds of the air, and all living things.
天上的飞鸟,和一切有生命的。
It's amazing. Don't you think, George?
这是惊人的。你不这样认为吗,乔治?
Some would have you to believe today that all of this is the work of chance
今天,有些人想让你相信这一切都是偶然的,
and not that of Divine Providence,a loving creator who has promised never to leave nor forsake us,
而不是上帝的旨意,一位慈爱的造物主,承诺永远不会离开我们,
who will forever be by your side as I am today, George.
他 将永远在你身边,就像我今天一样,乔治。
Do you understand?
你明白吗?
I must be back to work.
我得回去干活了。
Day's end draws near.
一天的日头,快结束了。
- And work remains.
-活是没完没了的。
- Yes, work remains.
-是的,活儿没完没了。
Yet, I do so enjoy this wonderful view.
然而,我确实很享受这美妙的景色。
Shall I tarry longer?
我要多待一会儿吗?
- Aye.
-可以。
- Then I shall.
-那我就再呆会儿。
And I shall give you my time piece
我要把我的计时器给你,
so that I may not be vexed by its ticking.
这样我就不会被它的滴答声所烦了。
- You have been commissioned by the Governor of Virginia.
-你已经被弗吉尼亚州总督委任的。
- I read your letter.
-我读了你的信。
- Who was acting by order of the Crown of whom ye be a subject.
—他是奉国王的命令行事的,你是国王的臣民。
- My son lies sick at the mouth of the Conegocheague, 'tis him I shall attend.
我的儿子病倒在康尼格格河口,我要去照顾他。
Be it so I fall not out of favor with the Crown,
这样,我才不会失宠于王室,
I pray ye relieve me of this undertaking so I may go to my own with no thought.
我请求你解除我的任务,这样,我就可以毫不犹豫地,去做我自己的事了。
- I shall not relieve you.
-我不会免除你的。
Go and risk the consequence of it.
去承担后果吧。
- My wife will provide stew meat,
-我妻子会提供炖肉,
a place for you to rest before you set out.
还有你出发前,休息的地方。
Have a good evening, sir.
祝您晚上愉快,先生。
- Ma'am.
- 夫人。
- Come inside, girls.
-进屋去,姑娘们。
- Thank you.
-谢谢。
- Ye eat like a boy.
-你吃饭像个男孩。
- I shall tell Governor Dinwiddie the circumstances surrounding your husband's insubordination.
-我会告诉丁威迪总督,你丈夫违抗命令的情况。
Rest assured he will justly weigh-
请放心,他会公正衡量的...
- Justly weigh?
-公正衡量?
- Aye.
-是的。
- Ye know not the man.
-你不了解那个人。
- Pray pardon?
-我请你原谅。
- The governor possesses no ableness to justly weigh a matter when his own enrichment be in question.
总督没有能力公正地衡量一件事,当他自己的财富受到质疑时。
- 'Tis the divine right of the Crown in question,
-这是国王的神圣权利,
Misses Gist.
吉斯特夫人。
- Ye know not the Crown as well, Major Washington.
-你也不了解王室,华盛顿少校。
Nor your own self, I suspect.
我想,也不了解你自己吧。
- What say you, Madam?
-你说呢,夫人?
- Ye eat and ye think like a boy.
-你吃饭和想问题,都像个小男孩。
- Is this the proper time for this discussion?
-现在讨论这个合适吗?
- I'm afraid the children posses more discernment than you, Mr. Washington.
-恐怕,孩子们比你更有洞察力,华盛顿先生。
- I am a commissioned officer and the King's emissary.
-我是委任的军官和国王的使者。
- Ye are inexperienced in the ways of government.
-你对政♥府♥的行为方式,缺乏经验。
And Dinwiddie is a brutish wretch to send you on this death trip...
丁威迪真是个残忍♥的坏蛋,让你来赴这趟死亡之旅...
with my husband.
还加上我丈夫。
I'll make ready your room.
我来收拾你的房♥间。
- You're quite tall for a boy, Mr. Washington.
-华盛顿先生,作为一个男生,你挺高的。
- Beth, it's Major Washington.
-贝丝,他是华盛顿少校。
- And ye are both quite smart for such young girls.
-而你们俩,这么年轻的姑娘,却如此聪明。
- "31st of October, 1753.
—“1753年10月31日。
"I was commissioned by the Governor of Virginia to deliver a letter to the French Forces on the Ohio."
“我受弗吉尼亚州总督的委托,给俄亥俄的法军送信。”
- Why stand ye there, Chris?
-你为什么站在那儿,克里斯?
'Tis two days journey to the Conegocheague.
去康尼格格需要两天的时间。
Why ye stand there?
你们为什么站在那里呢?
- I wrote a letter and sent medicine with a messenger.
-我写了一封信,用信使给儿子送去了药。
- Shall our son face his mortality in the company of a hired man
-我们的儿子,将在一个雇工的陪伴下,面对他的死亡,
instead of his own father who seems to choose the Crown over everything else?
而不是在他父亲的陪伴下,他的父亲似乎选择了服务国王,而不顾其他一切?
- He shall recover, Sarah.
-他会康复的,莎拉。
Ye shall see him soon.
你们很快就会见到他。
- What if he doesn't?
-如果他没有康复呢?
What if he die out there all alone without any care from his family?
如果他在没有家人照顾的情况下,独自死去怎么办?
- Sarah, I am confident he shall recover.
-莎拉,我相信他会康复的。
- Oh, Chris.
-噢,克里斯。
Here. Offer your new companion a glass.
给你。给你的新旅伴倒杯酒去。
Could be his last.
也许是他的最后一杯酒了。
- 'Tis safe. She'd be gone to bed.
-没事了。她已经上♥床♥睡觉了。
- Aye.
-好的。
- Can you speak French, Major?
-你会说法语吗,少校?
- Nay.
-是的。
- Aye, 'twas your brother attended Appleby?
-是啊,你表哥是在阿普比上过学?
You were schooled at home.
你却是在家接受教育的。
Says, "We, French, shall not be departin' the Ohio Valley any time soon.
上面说:“我们法国人,短期内不会离开俄亥俄河谷。”
"We have the forts and the Ottawa Nation to back it up."
“我们有堡垒和渥太华部族做后盾。”
What'd ye have?
你有什么?
- The Iroquois.
-伊洛魁人。
The Iroquois still stand with the Crown.
易洛魁人仍然支持英国王室。
- Do they now?
-他们现在还支持吗?
- You, yourself, negotiated the treaty at Logstown and... - Aye.
-是你,亲自在洛斯敦谈判和约... -对的。
I committed the Crown and the Ohio Company,as I were instructed to,
我遵照指示,向王室和俄亥俄公♥司♥承诺,
to build a fort on the Monongahela to protect the Indian allies and for my efforts I was promised land.
在莫农加希拉建立一个堡垒,来保护印第安盟友,我的努力,得到了土地的承诺。
Neither of which has King George honored.
这两件事,都没得到乔治国王的赏识。
The Iroquois may still stand with the Crown but it by the cause of the Half King's lust of revenge
易洛魁人也许还和国王站在一起,但这是因为,这位“半国王”极欲报复
for the Ottawa killing and eating his daddy.
渥太华人,为了他们杀害并吃掉了他的父亲。
- The Plate. Where was it found?
-这个盘子。是在哪里找到的?
- Pickawillany.
-皮卡维拉尼。
Or what be left of it.
或者是剩下的东西。
Trader, by the name of Burney,took it up out of the ash,
一个叫伯尼的商人,把它从灰烬中捡了出来,
delivered it to me with a story that the Ottawa,
交给我,并讲述了渥太华人
under French command, raided the village,killing men, women and children
在法国人的指挥下,袭击了村子,杀死了男人、女人和孩子,
then doin' the same to the Village Chief.
然后,对村庄的酋长也这么做了。
- Memeskia?
-梅莫斯卡亚?
- He was a good friend,
-他是个好朋友,
Memeskia, the Old Briton, put his trust in the Crown.
梅莫斯卡亚,这位英国人老朋友,一直信任英国王室。
Kept assurin' him the Fort would be built and his people would be safe in the land.
我一直向他保证,堡垒会建成,他的族人会在这片土地上平安无事。
They butchered him in front of his wife and children so that no Provincial nor Indian,
他们当着他妻儿的面,杀了他。这样,任何一个不忠于法国人的外省人和印第安人,
not loyal to French,would dare venture to go where you and the Governor would have us go.
都不敢冒险,去你和总督让我们去的地方。
- I suggest you get some sleep, Major.
-我建议你睡一觉,少校。
It'll be first light, sir.
天一亮就动身,先生。
- Aye.
-好的。
Good eve', Mr. Gist.
晚安,吉斯特先生。
- Ever fire that musket at a living being, upright,not scuttling in the dust, Major?
-少校,你可曾用火枪射击过直立的活人,而不是匍匐在尘土中吗?
- Nay, Mr. Gist,was my brother who taught me to fire.
-没有,吉斯特先生,是我哥哥教我开枪的。
And he also taught me to stay my hand in the absence of reason and authority.
他还教我,在没有理由和命令的情况下,不要动手。
电影精选列表